PDA

View Full Version : Nanocarbon is 2500 at the npc shop

Slorg
Nov 7, 2006, 09:41 AM
Just a public service message for those that put nanocarbon at ridiculous prices in their shops.

Please look at the synth shop prices before stting shop prices.

1000 mes for an im-photon? I'll buy 5 at the shop for 200 ea. before I buy those lol.

There's a killing to be made in the player economy even with reasonable prices.

Caukin
Nov 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
Agreed! Never to sure why people are over pricing things. There was an armor I wanted in the shops for 18k. Only one person had it in there shop for 30k!

Velocity_7
Nov 7, 2006, 09:48 AM
If it's weapons or armor, they better be grinded or have a high photon % for the element they give.

If it's just ingredients, then prices better be less than NPC or I'm not buying.

Viper472X
Nov 7, 2006, 09:53 AM
Its 200 for Im-photons in the synth shop? Crap, thats why that girl came into my shop and said "Im-photons for 40M? XD" I just set all photons from 20M - 50M....who cares, they'll sell.

Ambrai
Nov 7, 2006, 09:54 AM
People are overpricing items because there are people who buy them. Since the game is new not everyone knows to check the shops, or that there even is a synth shop. That is one of the huge reasons why people should go through the story mode before playing online, you learn so much about the game from it.

Viper472X
Nov 7, 2006, 09:56 AM
I agree with that, and I have gone through story mode before I got high speed to play online. I just never bothered to check the prices, so I figured I'd sell low, apparently REALLY low.

Aiko_Itsu
Nov 7, 2006, 10:00 AM
I Sell My Nanocarbons at 1300m each. i keep my prices lower than NPC shops by about 20-40%. if you want you can come and check my shop if they are still there.

Slorg
Nov 7, 2006, 10:06 AM
Nothing wrong with selling really low http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If I buy nanocarbon at 200mes I'll sell for 800. If I buy at 2000 I'll sell for 2100. Doesn't matter what the margin is as long as there is profit and/or volume.

With a markup of 75 mes per item I'll make 8k on 1 item type alone today. I'll spend that 8k on more stock. With 9k investment I made 60k mes already.

You still make quick money, and resellers get a good deal.

Even in a fully developed economy there will always be people desperate to sell and those desperate to buy.

The area in the middle is profit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Then of course if I know an item goes for 5k, I'll get 10 and sell them for 3k. Someone will buy them up yielding me a profit and then mark them up in their shop to 4k.

Long live the free market!

Velocity_7
Nov 7, 2006, 10:07 AM
Except the problem with that logic is if you buy from an NPC at 2000, will people buy from you at 2100?

Velocity_7
Nov 7, 2006, 10:09 AM
That's gonna change as the game matures. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

SephYuyX
Nov 7, 2006, 10:09 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:07, Velocity_7 wrote:
Except the problem with that logic is if you buy from an NPC at 2000, will people buy from you at 2100?

Seeing that a lot of people are dumb/lazy, yes, as ive made tons of money doing this.

Slorg
Nov 7, 2006, 10:11 AM
This is all buying from players. NPC sells for 2500, player sells for 2000. Buy at 2k sell for 2.1k.

If I had 1000 nanocarbons bought at 2000 mes I could sell each at 2010 mes for a 10 mes profit/ea and make 10k.

If I buy 1000 nancarbons from players at 1000 mes I could sell very quickly for 1100 mes for 100 mes ea and make 100k.

Everyone still gets a good deal.

Slorg
Nov 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:09, SephirothYuyX wrote:

Seeing that a lot of people are dumb/lazy, yes, as ive made tons of money doing this.

The buyer always has some responsibility to know the value of what they are buying.

Q: What's the value of a rappy feather?
A: What the market is willing to pay. (~5k)

Q: What's the value of a rappy feather in 6 months?
A: 100 mes probably.

Kamica
Nov 7, 2006, 10:27 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:09, Velocity_7 wrote:
That's gonna change as the game matures. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

It isn't going to change. Have you searched for Neudaiz Ebon from player shops recently? It is a struggle to get them below NPC prices. Sure, there are a lot of people who charge at the NPC price of 4000, but there are usually only a few shops out of a full list that will actually sell below the NPC prices.The JP economy is great for the most part, but there are awful exceptions such as the mentioned item.. At this point, I have already given up on buying that item from player shops, I just go to the NPCs now. I have much better luck with other ingredients such as the vesutarin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kamica on 2006-11-07 07:34 ]</font>

farplaner
Nov 7, 2006, 10:30 AM
You'd think that people who knows what nanocarbons are for, would know how much they cost at npc shops.

I guess some people are really that lazy/dumb...

SephYuyX
Nov 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
Ive sold rappy feathers and LL furnatures for 10k, Ive sold the bulb board and circuit for 25k each, ive sold trimates for 1k, sold moon Xs for 2k, etc.. the list goes on.

I was one of the original shops and made a lot of money by screwing people over (buyer beware kekeke) but since most people have wised up a bit, most of my prices are under NPC price or fair.

Its never the shop owners fault, its the person who buys the items fault for not doing research.

I was looking for a calibur yesterday, and visited alot of shops, I knew the sale price and everything; most people were selling for 14~20k, but I found 2 shops with 5* weapons that had them, and more for under 5k.

JoshisWHATSUP
Nov 7, 2006, 11:24 AM
50% off on everything at my shop (Josh).
Nanocarbons always sell out asap though when I do have them in.. 1245 meseta each.

As far as photons? I don't sell the non-attrib. crap. I just throw that junk away. Always keep stocked on attribute photons, all for 45 meseta each.

Mewn
Nov 7, 2006, 12:37 PM
People also overcharge for items to draw people into their shop - they have NO intention of selling the stated item.

Just looking to get a little impulse buying going on, it's really a viable marketing strategy.

Magician
Nov 7, 2006, 01:14 PM
It is a vialbe strategy, though it personally ticks me off.

Out of the 20+ store selling it I usually find only two or three that sell it at a discount.

I'd like to give my fellow players loot, but not at 120% MSRP (3k, average price I've seen).

-Crokar-
Nov 7, 2006, 01:25 PM
i went to alot of shops looking for a cheap halbert and ended up buying a crea saber for 30k. then played through sleeping warriors a few times and found a cheaper halbert with better photon at another store. i usually visit each shop that has the item im looking for unless theres way to many. i dont have a shop nor will i for a while but im going to undercut the market like crazy.

Flamingo99
Nov 7, 2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah... I just saw a shop with Soldoniums for 999999 meseta...

Merumeru
Nov 7, 2006, 01:32 PM
XD i guess this is why the auction house is a better format for a less knowledgable/lazy player