PDA

View Full Version : Are the shops bugged now!?

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 10:08 AM
For the people that have had there shops open for a while, have any of you not been able to locate your shop using the ad option? For some reason, I try to see if my shop displays under it, but no matter what word I use my shop no longer appears. Grinders,Armor,Weapons,Rare,Sale, are all words in my ad, but for some reason the shop wont appear under any of those. Is anyone else having a problem with there shop not displaying?

I also noticed there are ALOT of new shops open now, but there is no 2nd page, is this a bug? Isnt there supposed to be a 2nd page for the additional shops? I cant believe Sonic Team and SEGA missed this.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 10:28 AM
Your shop will not be listed if you are on THAT CHARACTER, make another character and try it.

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 10:44 AM
Zabot, that's incorrect. Your own shop does show up in searches. But sometimes it doesn't because the search system is really screwey.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
well i dont know what system your playing on, but on the xbox 360 version, IT DOESNT SHOW UP, nto for me, not for my 156 other friends. when they search their own shop, it doesnt show, so unless its an extreme coincidence, or you guys just have really bad luck. considering the fact that its about 3-6 to about 200 people, ide say you guys arent correct in this matter.

AngelLight
Nov 7, 2006, 11:03 AM
hmmm, based on your other thread......I might have to experiment with that and see if I can get the same problem too....prolly will if it's a bug of the nature that was described on your other thread. We'll see what we can find out.

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:05 AM
Disregard replying in this thread, just go to the other one lol.

Btw I had 2 failed attemps to try and fix this. So if your shop doesnt display.

1.DONT close and reopen your shop, that does nothing.
2.DONT open a shop on another character, this also does nothing to help.

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm playing on the PC/PS2 version so I have no idea what it's like on the XBOX360, but I'm mostly certainly not incorrect for the PC/PS2 version because my shop is most DEFINITELY showing up on my own searches, or it might be mystical magical fairies that are creating illusions before my eyes. But I've heard of so many differences between the XBOX360 and PC/PS2 versions that the shop system is probably one of them too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-07 08:07 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 11:08 AM
That must be the problem LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL, i know what im talking about, and im certainly not incorrect, at least for the 360 Version LOLOL

i guess we all should of specified what system it was on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Peace, sorry about that

JoshisWHATSUP
Nov 7, 2006, 11:26 AM
Chea, my shop ALWAYS shows up when I search for it, whether I search for the name, words in the ad, or whatever.

initial_J
Nov 7, 2006, 11:48 AM
My shop has shown up in a search on the 360 when searching by ad. My room might've been locked when I searched, not sure if that had any effect.

Thrash777
Nov 7, 2006, 12:16 PM
You've got to think of situations WHY it wouldn't appear:

-You already have 6 people in your room, thus not letting anyone else join
-You room might be locked
-The search function may look for EXACT matches, rather than words included
-Items may have been sold already
-You are showing offline
-You have certain people black listed and can't see their shop
-Different regions
-NAT (network address translator) device may be preventing you from connecting to certain people
-Firewall (same as above)

I'm not saying these ARE the reasons... these are just theories/guesses as to what may be the problems...

I'm guessing the search function plays a BIG part... how its search engine works etc...

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 12:28 PM
You already have 6 people in your room, thus not letting anyone else join
I've seen shops still appear even when full. When you try to enter it just gives a message about not being able to enter at this time.

You room might be locked
Seen locked shops before. Just asks you for the password before allowing you to enter. Still shows on searches though.

This is all based on PS2 version, may be different for 360 players.

In other attempts to make my shop appear on searches, locking my room (requiring a password) didn't help.

I'm sorry you are losing so much meseta, AkiraXxx, to try and find answers to this. I've sent an error report to Sega. I hope others are doing so as well, even if you aren't encountering this personally.

FrogKicker
Nov 7, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-11-07 08:00, Zabot wrote:
well i dont know what system your playing on, but on the xbox 360 version, IT DOESNT SHOW UP, nto for me, not for my 156 other friends. when they search their own shop, it doesnt show, so unless its an extreme coincidence, or you guys just have really bad luck. considering the fact that its about 3-6 to about 200 people, ide say you guys arent correct in this matter.

Well, looks like you and your 156 friends are just unlucky. I can search for my shop and it does show up on the list and OH I am on the 360. You are one of the most unitelligible people I have ever met. Please for the sake of humanity, get a clue before you post.

Hopefully Sega will fix this problem soon for those of you who are fubar'd atm, as for Zabot, never...ever listen to him. He babbles on about stuff he has no idea about. Yes...you can search your own shop. I did it the first day for shits and giggles and just did it again today for arguments sake.