PDA

View Full Version : Store annex - A waste of 15k meseta

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 10:15 AM
I'm very disappointed in the store annex option in PSU. While it is a cute idea, due to the poor store search performance, it is just a money sink offering little in returns.

I've had my store for over 6 days now and in that time, the only people who have come to my room were people who had my friend card. Why are there no customers coming to my store? Easy. Because my store won't appear on any searches regardless of what popular items I carry or what wording I use in my ad. I'm not even showing up on player name searches. WHY?!

First of all, the store searches are inconsistent. Try searching for the item "Marseline". See the list of stores? Okay, now search for "Mars". Additional stores appear now in the list along with some from the first search. Why? Shouldn't all the stores appear the first time? Marseline is the only item I've seen so far with such a spelling and if you check the stores in both searches, you'll see the only item they have in stock that matches the searches be it "Marseline" or "Mars" is Marseline.

Now to the deeper issue. The store search doesn't show more than 20 or so results. What determines what stores appear in the list? I understand that with so many players, there are going to be a lot of stores, but shouldn't they all be displayed to be fair? The store result list certainly isn't random since I see some of the same people listed each day. It isn't alphabetical. It isn't based on prices, number of sales, number of merchandise available, or your player ID number. If my store is never going to appear in searches, what is the point of me having spent 15k meseta on a store? It obviously isn't making me any money and regardless of how low I price items or what variety I keep in stock, they will only collect dust.

I don't want to hear about how 'Well you can go advertise your store on some message boards'. Doesn't that defeat the whole store search feature? Shouldn't I be showing in searches in the first place so I don't have to do all that runaround?

I apparently just lost 15k for no reason with no hope of revenue it seems :/

[Edited]
Just additional clarification for those thinking that I'm just pricing items badly or have poor item selection:

In my shop I have a wide variety of items set at obscenely low prices, but that doesn't matter. People are not buying from my store because of prices or variety. Its because people don't even know my store exists because it doesn't turn up in any searches. Not even by my character's name. This is the issue.

If my store can never be found, even by player name, then how exactly am I supposed to make back my 15k and make profit? I'm happy some of you have been able to succeed from the shop system, but currently as it is, things are greatly unbalanced. Something is definitely broken here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Disa on 2006-11-07 07:47 ]</font>

Marduk
Nov 7, 2006, 10:17 AM
I make a lot of money in my store. It paid for itself in about 2 hours. Change your add and make sure your prices are fair. It helps to sell items that people want also.

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 10:18 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:15, Disa wrote:
I'm very disappointed in the store annex option in PSU. While it is a cute idea, due to the poor store search performance, it is just a money sink offering little in returns.

I've had my store for over 6 days now and in that time, the only people who have come to my room were people who had my friend card. Why are there no customers coming to my store? Easy. Because my store won't appear on any searches regardless of what popular items I carry or what wording I use in my ad. I'm not even showing up on player name searches. WHY?!

First of all, the store searches are inconsistent. Try searching for the item "Marseline". See the list of stores? Okay, now search for "Mars". Additional stores appear now in the list along with some from the first search. Why? Shouldn't all the stores appear the first time? Marseline is the only item I've seen so far with such a spelling and if you check the stores in both searches, you'll see the only item they have in stock that matches the searches be it "Marseline" or "Mars" is Marseline.

Now to the deeper issue. The store search doesn't show more than 20 or so results. What determines what stores appear in the list? I understand that with so many players, there are going to be a lot of stores, but shouldn't they all be displayed to be fair? The store result list certainly isn't random since I see some of the same people listed each day. It isn't alphabetical. It isn't based on prices, number of sales, number of merchandise available, or your player ID number. If my store is never going to appear in searches, what is the point of me having spent 15k meseta on a store? It obviously isn't making me any money and regardless of how low I price items or what variety I keep in stock, they will only collect dust.

I don't want to hear about how 'Well you can go advertise your store on some message boards'. Doesn't that defeat the whole store search feature? Shouldn't I be showing in searches in the first place so I don't have to do all that runaround?

I apparently just lost 15k for no reason with no hope of revenue it seems :/

I JUST posted about this too. I think ST fucked up and forgot to put the 2nd page for shops. The best method of making money just went to shit because ST was in such a rush to get this money trap game out. Kinda pisses me the hell off. Im going to close my shop and reopen it, and see if that puts the shop back up. If that is the case, then owning a shop is truly not worth it.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 10:21 AM
well first off, depending on what items your selling, or the price your selling them at, people might not come. second, if you try searching "marseline" it also includes the board, so they might have the board and not the actual item. also, if you search yourself on YOUR character, you WONT show up in the list. make a new character then search it. try synthasizing items like armor, staffs sell fast as well, as well as rares, grinders, and B-rank weapons. . .etc.

also, a lot of people are just greedy and dont sell some things. so they might have them in their inventory but not in their shop,, i think that the system still picks it up, but you cant buy them they are just in their storage.

Peace. . . Hope I helped.

Banya
Nov 7, 2006, 10:21 AM
That sucks. I hope this is brought to Sega's attention. It wouldn't be hard to fix.

I also would like for prices to be shown when you search for an item.

Saigan
Nov 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
I made my 15k back in four days through my store. The reason "mars" gets more hits that "marseline" is due to the way the search function works. It looks for the combination of letters in that order. There are, I believe, other items with the word "mars" in them, thus amounting for more hits.

If you aren't making money change your stock and prices.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 10:26 AM
i made my 15k back in about 2 hours, and i make money all the time, overnight i range in getting anywhere from 10k-35k

i sell a lot of things EXTREMELY CHEAP!!!

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 10:27 AM
The money, the stock, and the prices have absolutely NOTHING to do with why people arent visiting the store.

The search result will only display so many shops with certain words in it. Example.

If you had a shop within the first week of the game, and had the word,

Grinder,Sale,Rare,Weapon,Armor,Item,Material, the chances are your shop is no longer being displayed either.

If your shop magically fell to the 2nd page that doesnt exist, there is NO way people are going to be able to find your shop, even if they type in a specific item. If your 1 of 40 people+ selling that item, your shop may not be displayed.

Btw, do NOT close and reopen the shop. That didnt put my shop back up on the list.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 10:29 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:21, Zabot wrote:
well first off, depending on what items your selling, or the price your selling them at, people might not come.

Well if people can't even find my shop in searches, how will they know what I'm selling or what prices they are set at?

second, if you try searching "marseline" it also includes the board, so they might have the board and not the actual item.

Well first of all, Marseline is a material and not a board. I as well as a few friends have tested this search issue in particular. The shop results for "marseline" and "mars" return different shops even though all the stores were selling Marseline (the craft material, not a board or anything like that).

also, if you search yourself on YOUR character, you WONT show up in the list.

Acutally I've asked people to search for their own stores on their characters and they can see their own store in the results, so this isn't the issue. However, if they try to search for mine, it won't show in any form. Be it ad, name, items, etc.

also, a lot of people are just greedy and dont sell some things. so they might have them in their inventory but not in their shop,, i think that the system still picks it up, but you cant buy them they are just in their storage.

No, searches only show the items you have for sale. The search doesn't refresh though when you search the same item repeatedly, so by the time you get to a store, it may be sold out of the item you are looking for even though the search still claims they have it in stock.

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 10:36 AM
The shop system is flawed in lots of ways, the lousy searches, the fact you can't favourite a store or see the price of the item you searched for. I have no idea what will happen to a buyer when they try and search for an item in the future and there are billions of stores.

So far I've noticed odd stuff happening with my store, usually it's eerily quiet but I noticed in my visitor log that there was a sudden influx of about ten/fifteen people that all came within the same half-hour. And then nothing again.

EDIT: Not to mention a severe personal annoyance of mine when you search for an item and you end up in a store selling the board of the item. Goddamnit, I want the item not the board. >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-07 07:38 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:29, Disa wrote:

On 2006-11-07 07:21, Zabot wrote:
well first off, depending on what items your selling, or the price your selling them at, people might not come.

Well if people can't even find my shop in searches, how will they know what I'm selling or what prices they are set at?

second, if you try searching "marseline" it also includes the board, so they might have the board and not the actual item.

Well first of all, Marseline is a material and not a board. I as well as a few friends have tested this search issue in particular. The shop results for "marseline" and "mars" return different shops even though all the stores were selling Marseline (the craft material, not a board or anything like that).

also, if you search yourself on YOUR character, you WONT show up in the list.

Acutally I've asked people to search for their own stores on their characters and they can see their own store in the results, so this isn't the issue. However, if they try to search for mine, it won't show in any form. Be it ad, name, items, etc.

No, searches only show the items you have for sale. The search doesn't refresh though when you search the same item repeatedly, so by the time you get to a store, it may be sold out of the item you are looking for even though the search still claims they have it in stock.

wow, ya know what, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, im not even going to bother with this anymore, if you dont want to listen then dont, your going on pure guessing. you can rant and rave, and belive your friends, and whatnot, but i know that its not true, i totally understand what you are saying, my friends shops dont come up, but you have to be samrter than the system, for instance, when looking for grinders, dont type "grinder" or "Grinder +5" just type B+8,B+10. figure it out instead of wasting your time on the forums, you'll get a lot further along doing it yourself. BELIEVE ME I KNOW.

Peace

AngelLight
Nov 7, 2006, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I was able to make my money back as well and figuring in material costs or time involved in farming items (outside of just the lucky drop) into the equation, I'm making an ok profit now. I will say this....it's in your best interest to shop around for your own items that you're going to sell before you put in your final price....note I said final price and not in the shop as well. Sometimes, especially when an item is in such a frenzied state of demand, you can put an item out on the market for a higher price then other people and then while you're researching out prices, have someone rush in and buy it....has happened to me a few times

Before tears of light were really Identified for what they really were, I had one out on the market for 9k, thinking 1k a star was fair and since I had seen ones for upwards of 18k. Well I went to start pricing them and started to noticed that they were being sold for far less then this, more to the tune of 2k-3k (and perhaps now it may be a little less though not by much since it is ideal Pure Striking Food for PMs). By the time I had finished my pricing and came back to my shop, the thing was already sold....Now, I would of adjusted the price to match what the market was showing it as, but hey....if someone wants to buy it at 9k and give me a 6k profit over market earnings (and in reality even more of a profit given the materials needed to actually make it) then I'm not going to say "Oh, well....maybe I should give this money back". That's the way Capitalism works, sometimes you just have good days and sometimes you have bad ones. ^_^

But yeah, you dont want to be ripping ppl off left and right.....eventually, you're going to start developing a bad rep doing that....and if that happens, you'll start to see your business disappearing before your eyes. If you put time into your shop (by researching prices) you'll make money off of it. Just be reasonable to your customers.

But, if Sega were to make some changes...I'd prolly be happy with a price quote feature when you search for items by name.....price shopping does take alot of time out of actually playing and unless you're like me and you're trying to RP out a business person or you're focused on your shop being your major source of income (as opposed to soloing for items and cash), then I could see it as being highly annoying for people to go thru.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 10:42 AM
Just additional clarification for those thinking that I'm just pricing items badly or have poor item selection:

In my shop I have a wide variety of items set at obscenely low prices, but that doesn't matter. People are not buying from my store because of prices or variety. Its because people don't even know my store exists because it doesn't turn up in any searches. Not even by my character's name. This is the issue.

If my store can never be found, even by player name, then how exactly am I supposed to make back my 15k and make profit? I'm happy some of you have been able to succeed from the shop system, but currently as it is, things are greatly unbalanced. Something is definitely broken here.

princejake2
Nov 7, 2006, 10:43 AM
Mine gets frequent attention. My friends doesn't shop up on the shop list though, even when I search by name, but he just got it up the other day and I think it has to update the list. I think that because I changed my ad, but it didn't show up as any different until two days later.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 7, 2006, 10:45 AM
I have 2 shops. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If stuff doesn't sell in one, I go there on my other char, buy it all up on him and sell it in his shop!

If your shops are failing, then, well, eh!

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 10:45 AM
Ok, before ANYONE else replies with dumb ass remarks without reading the thread. READ THIS KAY!? I put some extra commas so people would understand wtf me and Disa are trying to say.

Shops. S-H-O-P-S, will not display, IF, more then, 30 Shops, Are, Selling the same, Item. Even IF, you go to search, for a SINGLE item, if many shops, are selling, That item, chances are, your shop, is, not going, to be displayed.

princejake2
Nov 7, 2006, 10:47 AM
Totally didn't read that due to horrible comma placement.

No really though, I see what you mean. Like I said before, my friend's shop isn't showing up for me, but he still gets business. How long has your shop been up?

EDIT: Fixed typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: princejake2 on 2006-11-07 07:48 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I have two shops tho. :))))))))))))))))))))

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 10:48 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:42, Disa wrote:

People arent reading what the fuck me and you are typing, I spammed a bug report over the sega message boards, hopefully it will get SOMEONES attention. Probably no one even notices it yet because most of these people havent had there shops open for more then a week. The more shops that open the farther and farther the older shops get pushed down, but with no 2nd page there is no way to find the shops unless you search for the name directly.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 10:49 AM
I'm glad that at least AkiraXxx understands what the real issue here is.

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, it definitely looks like a silly bug now that I looked at it more closely. It's obvious there are meant to be multiple pages.

princejake2
Nov 7, 2006, 10:50 AM
Hello, over here. I understand what you mean too.

AngelLight
Nov 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
Not that this is a fix at all...especially if there's a bug here at work on Sega's part....but if you're not able to get your name up on searches, then perhaps you could directly advertise while the bug was fixed (hopefully fixed). Go to the main meeting areas of the world (East Holtes, Raffon Field Base, sometimes 4th floor Clyez or LL Transit Terminal) and just start pitching for your business.....mind you dont spam like mad, but just pitch to people once in a while. At least that way you might be able to at least recoup your cost on your shop for now. Of course this isn't a fix by any means but at least you're not stagnating on sales that way.

As for the bug itself, have you reported it to Sega yet? If so, any official response?

On my end I'm still showing up on searches, so I have no idea what's doing that to you. It does seem strange...but I do hope you are able to somehow get it fixed or at least get some more traffic to pay you a visit.

Good Luck.

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 10:53 AM
On 2006-11-07 07:51, AngelLight wrote:
Not that this is a fix at all...especially if there's a bug here at work on Sega's part....but if you're not able to get your name up on searches, then perhaps you could directly advertise while the bug was fixed (hopefully fixed). Go to the main meeting areas of the world (East Holtes, Raffon Field Base, sometimes 4th floor Clyez or LL Transit Terminal) and just start pitching for your business.....mind you dont spam like mad, but just pitch to people once in a while. At least that way you might be able to at least recoup your cost on your shop for now. Of course this isn't a fix by any means but at least you're not stagnating on sales that way.

As for the bug itself, have you reported it to Sega yet? If so, any official response?

On my end I'm still showing up on searches, so I have no idea what's doing that to you. It does seem strange...but I do hope you are able to somehow get it fixed or at least get some more traffic to pay you a visit.

Good Luck.

If you recently opened your shop, you wont have a problem until more people start dishing out the 15k to open new shops. Its kind of like a retarded king of the hill but using shops. Older shops get pushed down if multiple shops are selling the same items, or using the same words in an add, or "word".

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 10:55 AM
Okay, random question for anybody who has had/is playing the japanese PSU. Do multiple pages show up in the shop searches? Because that seems to be the exact problem here, like Akira said only thirty shops get shown in a single page and for some reason it broke and refuses to create the following pages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-07 07:55 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
Ok also, if your shop isnt displaying, DO NOT make a shop on another character, it will not change anything. Just tried opening a shop on another character, same thing, shop wont display.

Thank fukin god I have almost 2 mil or I would be REALLY pissed for having used 30k just now for nothing.

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 11:02 AM
You have almost 2 mill? Dear god, you must have really been playing the market good. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-07 08:02 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:03 AM
On 2006-11-07 08:02, Lilium wrote:
You have almost 2 mill? Dear god, you must have really been playing the market good. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-07 08:02 ]</font>

Since day 2 of its release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 11:03 AM
Even if I advertised my shop on forums, lobbies in game, anywhere, it makes no difference. My 6 day old shop has never appeared in the searches, not even when you search by my character's name. So no one could find the shop unless I handed out my card to every single person or visited every person's house and was in their recent visitor's history. This is truely unfair.

Zabot
Nov 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
HEY, WHAT SYSTEM ARE YOU ON? Im on the 360, and we dont have those problems, so if your on a different system then im sorry about the arguement. but it must be different on the 360 Version then. that sux, sorry i cant help.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 11:10 AM
I'm on the PS2/PC version.

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:12 AM
On 2006-11-07 08:09, Zabot wrote:
HEY, WHAT SYSTEM ARE YOU ON? Im on the 360, and we dont have those problems, so if your on a different system then im sorry about the arguement. but it must be different on the 360 Version then. that sux, sorry i cant help.

Yeah were PC, or this is PC/ps2 having the problem. Wow seriously this sucks so much ass. Every probably 5 hours my shops down, is 100k I miss out on. Very fustrating atm. My sis has an account on Ps2, maybe ill go try on a DIFFERENT account. But im doing that later.

JoshisWHATSUP
Nov 7, 2006, 11:14 AM
I opened my shop up about 5 days ago, already made back 50k.

35k in 5 days is a hell of a good profit, if you ask me.. Change your ad?

EDIT: For the record, I'm on PC..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JoshisWHATSUP on 2006-11-07 08:15 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:18 AM
On 2006-11-07 08:14, JoshisWHATSUP wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JoshisWHATSUP on 2006-11-07 08:15 ]</font>

You dont understand. IF there is a specific item you sell, or something you specialize in, if there are MULTIPLE people selling the same thing, or advertising something even REMOTELY similar your shop will get bumped down.

Exmaple. Im a major Grinder/Weapon seller. I can no longer use the words.

Grinder,Grind,Grinders,grinder,grinding,weapon,wea pons,Weapons,Weapon, to locate my shop. There are SO many people selling or using that word in there shop ad, that yours will get bumped down if its an old shop.

The same goes for the ITEM in the shop, if there are multiple people selling teh same item, and someone goes to search for a specific item, if your shop is old, it will not be displayed if theres over 30+ people selling the same item.

Ive had 1 visitor in the last 2 hours, which is bullshit, because when my shop was displayed, I normally had around 40 visits every 30 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-07 08:20 ]</font>

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 11:23 AM
Again, even if I changed my ad, my prices, my selection. That doesn't explain why my store doesn't even display when you search by my character's name. I've had the store for almost a week now, plenty of time for any database to sort me in and whatnot, but I'm still not showing in any searches. It doesn't matter if I do the search or friends or strangers do it, I do not come up at all.

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:28 AM
On 2006-11-07 08:23, Disa wrote:
Again, even if I changed my ad, my prices, my selection. That doesn't explain why my store doesn't even display when you search by my character's name. I've had the store for almost a week now, plenty of time for any database to sort me in and whatnot, but I'm still not showing in any searches. It doesn't matter if I do the search or friends or strangers do it, I do not come up at all.

Yeah I just tried searching for your shop. It doesnt displaye. I searched for Arions shop, his still displays because hes like the 5th person out of 8 who have solidiums in there add. But if 25 people decide to put solidium in there add this second, his shop would be bumped off the list along with the last 3.

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 11:30 AM
Oh and to prove this theory, I know everyone knows Apathy MK|||, her shop no longer displays either when I type in the word Grinder. Her shop use to be the 2nd above mine. Maybe she changed her add im not sure. But every shop on the list now that I see are new shops of people i havent seen.

SephYuyX
Nov 7, 2006, 11:41 AM
My question is why are you searching for ads, when you get better results though items?

Item search actually goes through shop items and finds items that are currently there, ads are pointless and are often days old.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 11:44 AM
I wish my shop would have even displayed once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Numnuttz
Nov 7, 2006, 11:46 AM
lol yup thats what i do. searching for the item is better because it goes to teh store that has your item. but if your trying to just get back to a store you viisted before by seraching for the add why not just go to your video phone thing/panel(cant remember the name of it) and serach for all the shops you have recently visited.

Lilium
Nov 7, 2006, 11:48 AM
Doesn't matter anyway if you search for item or ad, the limit to a single page is 30 so any other shops get the shaft.

And, Disa. It's odd, because yeah, your shop isn't showing at all, 100% completely not. D:

I would tell you to maybe close shop and try opening it again as an experiment, but wasting all that money would most definitely suck especially if you hit the same freaking bug again.

EDIT: CLARIFICATION: There are two bugs here as far as I can see. Disa's bug is that her shop just.. doesn't show up in the listings, it didn't get registered at all for some reason. Can't find it by searching for name, ad, item, anything. It pretends it doesn't exist when it does. The second bug is that a SINGLE PAGE can only hold THIRTY SHOPS any further shops are thus bumped off and not shown. When it's obvious to me that the intended behaviour is that the other shops are then shown on further pages that you would switch to.

EDIT: PERSONAL LITTLE WHINE: Damnit, I wish there was a shop ledger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lilium on 2006-11-07 08:54 ]</font>

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 12:03 PM
It's very frustrating. I've had some people tell me that their shops disappear and reappear by character name at sporadic times, but no one has an answer as to why mine never appears ever.

KirinDave
Nov 7, 2006, 12:09 PM
For Disa's bug, that's definitely going to kill your revenue. Disa, I hope the PSU tech support can help.

But for the single-page bug, I am not sure it's a bug. Be honest, you're looking for some cheap whatever, and you search shops. How often would you go beyond a single page? Other people have brought this up, but it bears repeating. The number of shops is pretty much unlimited, and everyone is going to be selling mostly the same stuff, with only minor differences. The economy of search placement is such a tricky problem that a whole industry exists just to game Google, sorting order on these kinds of searches is a big deal.

Sure, you could sort by best price first on a given item (which of course breaks down if people don't enter full item names), or some other scheme, but I think it comes down to what ST wanted shops to be. I kinda expected something something similar to the auction houses of FFXI and WoW, a hub for the economy.

But now I am not so sure. Maybe ST meant it as a way for you and your immediate friends to form a kind of micro-economy, and let money trickle around the PSU economy that way. Either way, multi-page search sounds great until you consider "How many pages?" and "In what order?" Then I think you get into larger issues about how ST intended for shops to be used.

Aside, it's funny. This game is kinda repetitive, definitely needs the new content, has some major design flaws, and has some mechanical issues. But it's still more fun than the ritualistic self-castigation that was WoW endgame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neo187H
Nov 7, 2006, 12:10 PM
On 2006-11-07 08:18, AkiraXxx wrote:

On 2006-11-07 08:14, JoshisWHATSUP wrote:

You dont understand. IF there is a specific item you sell, or something you specialize in, if there are MULTIPLE people selling the same thing, or advertising something even REMOTELY similar your shop will get bumped down.

Exmaple. Im a major Grinder/Weapon seller. I can no longer use the words.

Grinder,Grind,Grinders,grinder,grinding,weapon,wea pons,Weapons,Weapon, to locate my shop. There are SO many people selling or using that word in there shop ad, that yours will get bumped down if its an old shop.

The same goes for the ITEM in the shop, if there are multiple people selling teh same item, and someone goes to search for a specific item, if your shop is old, it will not be displayed if theres over 30+ people selling the same item.

Ive had 1 visitor in the last 2 hours, which is bullshit, because when my shop was displayed, I normally had around 40 visits every 30 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-07 08:20 ]</font>

you keep saying that because your shop is old it dosnt show up. And than you go and say you opened a NEW shop on a brand new character and that dosnt work either. So the problem dosnt seem to be that your shop is old, especially if you cant even search it by your own name.

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 12:15 PM
When trying to search for a good deal, I'd much rather check 30+ shops than find out later that I could have bought for cheaper, but that the shop with the best price got truncated.

Currently as far as I can tell, many of the same shops show up in searches every day. I know and you know there are more than those same 30 shops selling those items, but because of the truncation system, they are being discriminated against.

I'd much rather see mulitple pages and deal with the related load times and such if it meant that everyone was given a fair chance to sell their items.

Pandatron
Nov 7, 2006, 12:23 PM
My shop payed it self off in a day or so.

I'm wearing a new 27.5k outfit and 2 B rank rods due to it.

I'm thankful for my shop and nothing more.

Sev
Nov 7, 2006, 12:37 PM
I definitely will not search more then 30 shops. I won't even really search 30. If you can't find a good price after 15 shops, you may as well head over and buy it from an NPC, because that's just how things are. With all the overpricing, I'm not planning to waste half of my day weaving through shops just for one deal.

I've had my shop for awhile, it still shows up on the list. And yes, my very own shop shows up as well. I'd have to say that it has something to do with you and a few other people speciffically, maybe you all have one thing in common, but I wouldn't know what that is. Either way, it's something that ST is going to have to fix, although I don't think it's showing the same shops to everyone like you may think. Out of all the people in this game, there are many that still don't have shops at all, and it's also possible that while one person may not see a shop, another might. From what I've seen, all the friends on my list and there shops, show up accordingly. So this is a bug that may only be effecting a few people as it stands. I don't have all the facts though, I'm pretty much just throwing that out there as a possibility, especially if new shops on new characters aren't helping... That's almost directly pointing toward your account don't you think?

Now what's wrong with your account right now, I don't know. That's something over on the Sega end that needs fixing, but I can tell you now that a shop is definitely not a wasted investment with the right prices. You just can't get yours out there yet which is really ashame.

By the way, what's your shop under anyway?

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 12:53 PM
I'd consider it being an account issue if it wasn't for the fact that my fiance's store does appear in searches and people regularly visit and buy from him. Both of our characters are on the same account.

BloodDragoon
Nov 7, 2006, 01:22 PM
Another issue is alot of people seem to be posting common items that ppl want at max price just to take up spaces on the searchlog in hopes of selling their other stuff. We need a search function that includes price in the item search.

I went thru 7-8 stores with marseline listed at 10,000+
before I found one with a decent pricing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BloodDragoon on 2006-11-07 10:24 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 7, 2006, 02:19 PM
I have made over 40k from my store so far. Just from regular crap I have found while just leveling. Best investment I have made so far.

Rexob
Nov 7, 2006, 02:26 PM
Wow...shops not worth it? I strongly beg to differ, since opening mine I've made well over 100k. I can see where some ignorant people may not sell as much though. Those pricing materials, boards, and ungrinded weapons higher than retail. However, do your research by price checking before listing, and I am a strong believer in the PSU shops.

People don't realize almost every Synthing material under 5* is available from NPCs. So for all the ignorant fools listing Neu Ash for 1500, when shops sell it for 1000...don't expect to fool the smart shopper. Anyone who's synthing a lot will probably know every NPC price. Overpricing NPCs only works for ignorant, lazy players who don't put the time or effort into making smart purchases.

I agree the search function though is terrible. However, I'm used to this...I use eBay a lot, and same with the WoW Auction House. I know before I go to search to find the best deal, it will take some time, and that's fine by me when I find Neu Ash for as low as 450. I'm not saying it's easy, because by no means is it, but it is possible; however annoying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rexob on 2006-11-07 11:29 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Nov 7, 2006, 02:28 PM
Shop bought, paid for via purchased items 2 days later. Shop addon = win

kouran
Nov 7, 2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe I'm just getting lucky, or maybe you are over pricing your goods. I've made over 150k through my shop so it can work. Can you give us an idea of what you are selling and for what price?

Kalier
Nov 7, 2006, 03:00 PM
shops are definately worth it. i make 15k-30k a day from my shop at least.

ecchichuu
Nov 7, 2006, 03:12 PM
Apparently you don't have to know how to read in order to open a successful business. At least not in PSU.

For those who don't know, this thread is about players whose shops are not showing up in the search engine. Stop posting "You're wrong I make 999999 meseta a day"

AkiraXxx
Nov 7, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-11-07 12:12, ecchichuu wrote:
Apparently you don't have to know how to read in order to open a successful business. At least not in PSU.

For those who don't know, this thread is about players whose shops are not showing up in the search engine. Stop posting "You're wrong I make 999999 meseta a day"

Seriously

Disa
Nov 7, 2006, 10:07 PM
I suppose its my fault for the topic title. It does give the impression that I'm saying the stores don't make you money. I'm sure they do, but when the searches are not fairly displaying shops and in some cases never displaying at all, its extremely difficult to see any profit from it.

I've reported this issue to Sega's troubleshooting and I sincerely hope others will raise their voice too about the shop search inconsistencies.

drmcst45
Nov 7, 2006, 10:17 PM
My shop paid for itself the day i got it but it was also at a time when there was low competition.

I think people have been ripped off enough by the price gouging that goes on and therefor rather find the materials themselves OR buy it from the town.

BUsiness was great the first few days but once all the n00bs got their shops and priced gouged, the market just went to hell

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 12:02 AM
I have yet to open a store because I do not have as good a variety of items to sell as I would like to have....so when I do THEN I will open a shop.... The problem is I don't want to sell a lot of Junk for one thing, and the stuff I do sell I'm gonna check other peoples prices (which will take lots of time) so I will make fair and reasonable sales... I don't want to just post whatever price pops into my head and rip people off. That's just how I see myself doing the shop scene.

.....I WILL be selling all my junk boards for 1 meseta a piece however....I doubt anyone will want them but just letting you know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I mean, you can't even feed them to your PM and they are taking up wayyyyyyyyyy too much space!!!