PDA

View Full Version : Bored... So im taking a break

Ecstasy
Nov 7, 2006, 02:16 PM
Topic says it all, I'm lvl 36, and hunter lvl 10. At this point i feel there really isn't much more to do until we get are expert classes, and some more missions. I tried to play today but i feel going to lvl 50 is a total waste of time, seeing as we don't have expert classes, and this crappy B rank weapons:( So until this game gets some more content i will not be returning to it.

watashiwa
Nov 7, 2006, 02:17 PM
- Change into a new job. (Force for a change of pace, for example..)
- Level up your PM to 80+ then take it for a spin in the battle field.

Ammy
Nov 7, 2006, 02:25 PM
or make more friends, enjoy the social aspect.
Stop by someones room randomly, that usually ends up in hilarious discussions.
Help level some friends alts. MAKE an alt, do what I did today, make a video when you're bored.

If you're bored now cause you feel like you've done most of what there is to do so far, whats gonna change when in a few weeks more content is updated, but then you quickly do all that and have to wait for next update?

AeraLure
Nov 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah, well, that's the problem so far in PSU. Its quite unlike PSO so far in that I never got bored in PSO - so I understand the OP completely. Maybe level your PM(s) and get that out of the way now since it takes a fair amount of time? Or, as someone else suggested, try another job class? Or another character for that matter even.

I agree there is no point in leveling now simply for the sake of doing that, since future content will make leveling to 50 so much faster. My levels are coming simply through trying to earn meseta and doing random things and I fear I will hit the level cap before the expert class update anyway (since it comes a week after the first update, the first update being some 3 weeks away yet). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm really only working on PMs myself, and the occasional mission play with friends just for the sake of doing. Sigh. According to the JP PSU update schedule, once we get the first it seems like they have had some sort of update every 1-2 weeks thereafter, but I do wonder if its enough. Going to finish my PMs I started by the time the expert class update comes out and see how I feel then.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-07 11:42 ]</font>

Beezzy
Nov 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
On 2006-11-07 11:25, Ammy wrote:
Help level some friends alts. MAKE an alt, do what I did today, make a video when you're bored.

If you're bored now cause you feel like you've done most of what there is to do so far, whats gonna change when in a few weeks more content is updated, but then you quickly do all that and have to wait for next update?

Then its time to quit.. I already threw in the towel. If you play offline you know what were gunna get online in the future.. So why would they take time to unlock content.. Money They want the money we pay every month. There trying to expand somthin that doesnt need to be expanded. Well If I every play this game again it would be 6 months from now when they release most of the content.. Hey its a good game dont get me wrong but, its the truth what I'm saying, there is no need to wait months for them to unlock stuff that you can play in offline mode on day 1.. And story mode bites. Its less than 20 hours of gameplay and the story is decent but, shallow.

I like this game but, we all know how reliable sonic team is. Goodbye everyone.

Wheatpenny
Nov 7, 2006, 02:44 PM
Hey if you want a break and have a PS2 there is always FFXII and Guitar Hero 2 comes out today!!Enjoy some other games for a while then jump back in at update refreshed and rarin' to go.

R3Dirkulous
Nov 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
ummm, theres plenty of content youll get online that you wont offline..for example weapons..

Beezzy
Nov 7, 2006, 02:52 PM
On 2006-11-07 11:45, R3Dirkulous wrote:
ummm, theres plenty of content youll get online that you wont offline..for example weapons..

Im not saying there wont be.. But look at it this way.. This game should have never had an offline mode. Its not that great and its very weak. How can a company make a weak offline story mode, and an unfinished online mode. Where did they put all there time in to making this game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beezzy on 2006-11-07 11:53 ]</font>

Ecstasy
Nov 7, 2006, 03:04 PM

I love the social aspect of MMO's, infact thats really the only reason i play sometimes. But PSU seems to stray away from this, as i can't type out a sentence without running out of room. I can't send tells to anyone at all, and from what i can tell there isn't any player events. Maybe if they would open the club, exspand the chat bar, and add some kind of /tell system(not this partner card, simple mail crap) i would not have gotten bored.

This game just seems so far behind the times, that it can't really be fun for that long. One othere thing the maturity of the community is low, i can't even really talk to many if i wanted to. like today i was in raffon meadows, and someone asks out of the blue if they could fuck me? I mean what kind of shit is that?

Shinomaru
Nov 7, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-11-07 11:39, Beezzy wrote:

Then its time to quit.. I already threw in the towel. If you play offline you know what were gunna get online in the future.. So why would they take time to unlock content.. Money They want the money we pay every month. There trying to expand somthin that doesnt need to be expanded. Well If I every play this game again it would be 6 months from now when they release most of the content.. Hey its a good game dont get me wrong but, its the truth what I'm saying, there is no need to wait months for them to unlock stuff that you can play in offline mode on day 1.. And story mode bites. Its less than 20 hours of gameplay and the story is decent but, shallow.

I like this game but, we all know how reliable sonic team is. Goodbye everyone.

for ps2/pc so we dont get ahead of EU players

for xbox360 so we dont get ahead EU players and what ever JP community will join

BTW behind what times? midevil times from ffxi or futuristic times from RF online?

dont compare psu to any other game untill they unlock it 100%

i know sega loves to shaft their consumers. but i like psu/pso alot so im willing to get shafted until i get 100% of the game. i knew what i was getting my self into when i got psu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinomaru on 2006-11-07 12:09 ]</font>

kammera
Nov 7, 2006, 03:10 PM
I'm loving this game and haven't put it down. I played almost non stop last week, weekend, and will probably do the same this weekend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I never played PSO so I don't know how it compares but I have played RF Online and FFXI and this is by far my favorite.

Ammy
Nov 7, 2006, 04:37 PM
I can relate to you on the whole social part where its hard to get anything across. I really really hope they fix the way we chat sometime soon.

it needs word wrap, maybe even a small chat box in the corner when you press f12 a 3rd time or something. But sending tells is a crucial thing and private mail is just too cumbersome to hold up a private conversation.

Im sure lots will be improved later, once people have given sega some feedback and the game being out for more than a week or two. But do what an above poster said as well, check out some other games, there are some good ones coming out soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KiteWolfwood
Nov 7, 2006, 04:45 PM
I plan to try to at least get 40 and pm to 80 before I break for new content. I can't believe I have gotten to 30 just doing Parum missions. Guess its time to run Neudaiz and Linear line to 40.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
On 2006-11-07 11:52, Beezzy wrote:
Im not saying there wont be.. But look at it this way.. This game should have never had an offline mode. Its not that great and its very weak. How can a company make a weak offline story mode, and an unfinished online mode. Where did they put all there time in to making this game?
It's finished, you just can't play it yet.
On 2006-11-07 12:04, Ecstasy wrote:
like today i was in raffon meadows, and someone asks out of the blue if they could fuck me? I mean what kind of shit is that?It's called "the Internet."

Ecstasy
Nov 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
On 2006-11-07 13:58, Kismet wrote:

On 2006-11-07 11:16, Ecstasy wrote:
Topic says it all, I'm lvl 36, and hunter lvl 10. At this point i feel there really isn't much more to do until we get are expert classes, and some more missions. I tried to play today but i feel going to lvl 50 is a total waste of time, seeing as we don't have expert classes, and this crappy B rank weapons:( So until this game gets some more content i will not be returning to it.

And we should care that you're a whiny, impacient bitch why... again?

Lol, First im not impatient i only said i am taking a break until we get updates. so how exactly is that being impatient or whiny? Second there is no need to call me a bitch, grow up.

AC9breaker
Nov 7, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-11-07 11:17, watashiwa wrote:
- Change into a new job. (Force for a change of pace, for example..)
- Level up your PM to 80+ then take it for a spin in the battle field.

Totally best advice. I switched to Force in anticipation for protranser after getting Ranger to level 5, its like its a whole new game. My force is level 3 now and my Rafoie is at level 9 now, two more levels for some bbqsplosions!

Kismet
Nov 7, 2006, 05:32 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:15, Ecstasy wrote:

On 2006-11-07 13:58, Kismet wrote:

On 2006-11-07 11:16, Ecstasy wrote:

And we should care that you're a whiny, impacient bitch why... again?

Lol, First im not impatient i only said i am taking a break until we get updates. so how exactly is that being impatient or whiny? Second there is no need to call me a bitch, grow up.

Somebody needs a diaper change~! =D

Zakuro
Nov 7, 2006, 05:45 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:15, Ecstasy wrote:

If all you are doing is taking a break, I don't see the need to make a post for it. It might be a bit different if you were asking for things to do or to meet new people, but all you are doing is complaining about being bored and not wanting to finish leveling until we get an update or 2 (I think expert classes were the 2nd update).

McOwned
Nov 7, 2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah, but I can see where he is coming from in a big way. I'm rather peeved myself that i'm paying a monthly fee for a game that seems less then half done (I hope this is less then half the content anyway) PSO never, ever seemed this small. I will probably be doing the same thing...there are a lot of AAA titles hitting the 360 soon...maybe this summer i'll jump back on the wagon.

ProfessorZ
Nov 7, 2006, 08:47 PM
I started playing splinter cell and I love it

Beezzy
Nov 7, 2006, 08:51 PM
Gears of War just came out.. So its all good. Im kinda mad that sega took 10 of my dollars but hey they probably need it more than I do.. Like I said earlier what kind of mmo takes the money before the trial is over.

Wallin
Nov 7, 2006, 09:57 PM
Since all my friends logged for the night and I'm also bored right now, and seeing as how this topic has come up I'm just going to vent like a waambulance with a complementary bottle of ageless whine and get it all out of my system since I've nothing else to do... and then I'll probably go back to dragon runs.

I've got a 33 hunter, and a 19 force, I played ranger for a while to get Figunner and that was an enormous disappointment. Got my PM to 100 and still can't reliably synth any high level stuff which feels like another waste of time, especially since the A and S rank stuff will undoubtedly be worse. Leveling another PM seems really boring and a huge waste of money.

Cast clothing for males all suck, not paying 20k for my female newman, got my male force the shirt I wanted. Got all the decorations I wanted except the Rappy Landscape that I'm not paying 15k for. All the player run shops are overpriced and have false advertising and are really getting on my nerves. Then there's the shops that are just storage units, shops that are locked, the other shops that you search for a specific item for only to find out that the item has been sold out for who knows how long yet the search list isn't updating to reflect that.

Most of my friends have gotten bored and left to play other games like FFXII. Done more dragon runs than I can count on both of my characters, did SW more times that I would have liked just to farm for nanocarbon, overplayed all the Linear Line missions in the 360 beta, and the areas of Neudaiz just aren't all that exciting. Can't find any good groups, nearly every game is locked now and all the random games I join seem to be just one or two shots before everyone decides they're bored and disband.

Constantly cycling through getting large amounts of money and spending it all on one single item (shops, boards, clothes, weapons, etc.) is getting really disheartening. Waiting for 3 hours for my Gigaline to finish and hopefully not fail so that I won't have to feed my PM to a group of Pannons is not enjoyable but really unnerving. I would definitely not look forward to spending a couple more days solo trying to get more Nanocarbons on SW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-07 18:59 ]</font>

Neo187H
Nov 7, 2006, 10:20 PM
A lvl 33 and a lvl 19. Thats a LOT of playing time. Take a break man, play some other games. I think I could be bored of ANY game after having that much playing time in 2 weeks.

Wallin
Nov 7, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-11-07 19:20, Neo187H wrote:
A lvl 33 and a lvl 19. Thats a LOT of playing time. Take a break man, play some other games. I think I could be bored of ANY game after having that much playing time in 2 weeks.

My brother is hogging the PS2 playing FFXII while all I can do is watch. ;_; And I'm waiting for the Wii to come out.

I should really play offline mode since I keep hearing it's so good, but then I just feel like, "You know, I could've made my hunter a couple thousand meseta if I had done this online..." LOL. And it also doesn't help that I'm already behind my friends in levels so I feel like I have to catch up, but then again, I really just don't care anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Maybe I'll get my brain working again (if it still will anyway) and do some fanart or something. Actually now I feel like the ginormous slug that I really am, so I'm just gonna do some DDR.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-07 19:27 ]</font>

JaireLiay
Nov 7, 2006, 10:28 PM
Eh. I don't see why people even care that people are quitting or complaining about the game, hell for every person that quits, there are other signing up to play. People that are just going to complain will always complain, and complain, and complain, just to get heard.

Let them quit and miss out. I think it's a great game, even without all the content out now.

Ecstasy
Nov 7, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-11-07 19:28, JaireLiay wrote:
Eh. I don't see why people even care that people are quitting or complaining about the game, hell for every person that quits, there are other signing up to play. People that are just going to complain will always complain, and complain, and complain, just to get heard.

Let them quit and miss out. I think it's a great game, even without all the content out now.

I wan't to like PSU i really do:) I'm going to come back once the update is out. But christ i can only run 8 missions so many times:( and the terrible chat interface is just that 'terrible'.

Wallin
Nov 8, 2006, 12:04 AM
And my PM failed the synth so there goes 60k meseta out the window, and on top of that I couldn't even take the monomate it made instead because I had too many in my inventory and storage. Yeah, I'm definitely taking a break from this game.

aquafire
Nov 8, 2006, 12:33 AM
On 2006-11-07 11:52, Beezzy wrote:

On 2006-11-07 11:45, R3Dirkulous wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beezzy on 2006-11-07 11:53 ]</font>

It is sad how SEGA (or ST or who the hell made it)has had at least 3+ years to work on PSU and this was the best they could come up with. Offline is truly pitiful, and I can't go online so I'm stuck with it.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

This isn't in Rants? wierd

therealAERO
Nov 8, 2006, 12:37 AM
um has anyone ever played PSO DC Ver. 1 when it first came out? Its pretty much the same thing. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET SEGA RELEASE THE STUFF WHEN THE FEEL LIKE IT. After making such an incredible game I belive they do deserve the money.

therealAERO
Nov 8, 2006, 12:39 AM
double post( to help emphasize)!!! HOW THE FUCK IS OFFLINE MODE PITIFUL?? Have you even tried to play it? Have you sat down and gave it a shot? This is probably one of the most fun RPGs I have ever played. I'm totally into the story, I'm totally into the "trials, Battle system, ranking, boss fights" I also love how I can change ethans clothes. I would have to say without a doubt I like this RPG more than Final Fantasy, and yes that includes VII.

aquafire
Nov 8, 2006, 12:48 AM
I have beaten Story Mode and done a good deal in Extra mode. The thing about it is that it has no depth. Barely any special enemies. Only go to level 100. Not one single special weapon so far. No harder difficulties to get better weapons and be challenged. (not trying to compare it to PSO but I can't help it)

Frankly, it's way too easy, also.

BTW I'm talking about the rpg elements (and Extra Mode) not the story. The story was excellent.

AeraLure
Nov 8, 2006, 12:51 AM
On 2006-11-07 21:37, therealAERO wrote:
um has anyone ever played PSO DC Ver. 1 when it first came out? Its pretty much the same thing. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET SEGA RELEASE THE STUFF WHEN THE FEEL LIKE IT. After making such an incredible game I belive they do deserve the money.

Hey. Allow people their opinions. If you dont agree with them, then they obviously dont matter to you that much and therefore it doesnt really affect you, so no need to insult them. I respect your opinion afterall, but since you raise it:

Yes. I have played PSO since its launch on DC and the thing is, that game, even at its launch, was more fulfilling than PSU at its. The level design was the thing. Those levels were wonderfully designed and tons of fun to run multiple times. Better scenery, more vivid color, more varied rooms, more varied mobs, switches and traps, landmark rooms, longer levels. Think of how many times all of us ran Forest through all PSO's iterations. I would give ANYTHING to run Forest again in a current game (since I consider PSO gone and done with, unfortunately) over any level I have seen and played in PSU, were I to compare the two games. PSU levels are all bland as heck to go through. So far.

Anyway, I am giving it some time and hanging in there. Enjoying what I can with it. The big update is a week after the first update, itself about 3 weeks from now. So about 4 weeks from now, if they follow the JP release schedule, we'll see the big expert class unlock and a number of new areas and online quests/missions. They had best impress. Meantime, hanging out and doing whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-07 21:56 ]</font>

kazuma56
Nov 8, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-11-07 17:51, Beezzy wrote:
Gears of War just came out.. So its all good. Im kinda mad that sega took 10 of my dollars but hey they probably need it more than I do.. Like I said earlier what kind of mmo takes the money before the trial is over.

Trial = Extra mode, PSO ep1&2 had absolutely NO reason to go online day one aside from playing with people not in the same room, only until a year in or so, when SOTH and towers were released was online a good investment... at least I know that when PSU's online content starts to roll out, my character will be way stronger then my offline extra mode chracter because of online only equipment.

Yes. I have played PSO since its launch on DC and the thing is, that game, even at its launch, was more fulfilling than PSU at its. The level design was the thing. Those levels were wonderfully designed and tons of fun to run multiple times. Better scenery, more vivid color, more varied rooms, more varied mobs, switches and traps, landmark rooms, longer levels. Think of how many times all of us ran Forest through all PSO's iterations. I would give ANYTHING to run Forest again in a current game (since I consider PSO gone and done with, unfortunately) over any level I have seen and played in PSU, were I to compare the two games. PSU levels are all bland as heck to go through. So far.

Mobs in PSO were mor reskined then PSUs are, at least the reskins in PSU have different attacks, there was no difference between a gobooma and a pal shark, every enemy could be seen as a redesigned version of one in the previous area (mothmant = cave dragon enemies with more HP and a beam attack, slimes = timed saberwolves etc).

Better scenery is subjective, caves mines and ruins (aside from the waterfall room) were very bland like PSU's areas are, Temple,spaceship and seabed also weren't that great either (seabed not so much.

Varied rooms? I don't know if you mean varied map layouts or varied enemies but PSO's rooms are the carbon copy of PSU's rooms.

Switches became an annoyance after awhile (going through walls or tping through them was commonplace) and traps were added to give casts players more merit(imo) in parties (no trap/search units/crap armor or trap/search items ftw).

PSU has some areas worth snapping in, just check out some of those pics people posted of neudaiz missions and areas.

Longer levels, for the most part, yes, but a forest run is basically the same as a raffon meadows run in terms of time, PSU's levels probably seem shorter due to the increase in speed, characters don't "run" slow nor are battles slow either.

I do agree that PSO was "magical" the first time I played it, but its lost its appeal to me as well, I'm 3 lvls away from max on GC and never hit it... once we start to get into those other areas like the seabed link in parum and into some of the moatoab missions we'll probably start seeing some better visual output in the stages, I still wonder if those vehicle missions exist online or will exist at some point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2006-11-07 22:26 ]</font>

aquafire
Nov 8, 2006, 01:38 AM
On 2006-11-07 22:09, kazuma56 wrote:

On 2006-11-07 17:51, Beezzy wrote:

my character will be way stronger then my offline extra mode chracter because of online only equipment.

THAT'S IT, THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT. This game is waaaay too based on online. It's unbalanced and unfair, we payed 50$ for this? I mean you could play offline PSO and have loads of fun, then play online and have even more fun. But in PSU offline is just a time passer, it's ALL about online. Please just go ahead and make the next Phantasy Star an online only game so many people don't have to put up with your shell of an offline game. ST you have dissapointed me with your mediocre Extra Mode, but hey what can you expect from a game co. that made the most horrible sonic games so far Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog. I hope your happy you damn rip off. I'll return once I have online since that's the only way I can enjoy this game...rediculous.

therealAERO
Nov 8, 2006, 02:12 AM
Well extra mode was just added so you could have just a taste of online, not all of it.

aquafire
Nov 8, 2006, 02:15 AM
*sigh* you win ST. What do I need for online play with a ps2 version?