PDA

View Full Version : Issue using mates for health

Jandon
Nov 7, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'm on the 360, and I'm not sure if this could be an issue confined to the system, or maybe even this one person (a.k.a. me). Has anyone else used health from the quick use bar thing, and it makes the noise, but does not actually heal you? This happens to me quite often. Even worse, it seems to usually actually deduct the item from my inventory, other times I have noticed that it does not count as me using it though. Am I alone here? It's frustrating whether it actually takes the item or not, it has caused me to die as I get under the impression that I have healed myself at least to some degree.

GreenArcher
Nov 7, 2006, 03:14 PM
Yes, I have noticed this problem as well. It normally happens when you heal very quickly after being damaged.

DoubleJG
Nov 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
PC version here, and that has happened to me many times. Talk about waste of a mate...

jimmer411
Nov 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
yea cant heal when your knocked down.

im willing to be its like this with all items as well.

Wang_Tang
Nov 7, 2006, 04:27 PM
What I've noticed is that this seems to only happen online. I was playing story mode, and I could heal immediately after being knocked down as Ethan. In Network Mode, though, it definitely deducts the item from my bags but doesn't heal me.

watashiwa
Nov 7, 2006, 04:30 PM
It's definitely a bug. There is no reason they'd let you use a mate, take the item from you, and not heal you...

If this is by design, you'd think they'd make the BZZT sound and just not use the mate.

Diablohead
Nov 7, 2006, 05:53 PM
It happens if you try using a heal item online while you are hit on the ground, everything is normal apart from that you get no hp out of it. It works offline though.

Mystil
Nov 7, 2006, 05:57 PM
I lost so many mates this way and have came close to ruining S ranks.....they should allow mates to heal you no matter what phyical condition your character is in. And yes this effects all consumables.

Bahamut89
Nov 7, 2006, 05:58 PM
...Good thing I don't have the instincts to heal so quickly. I usually get up and run a ways away before healing.

Jandon
Nov 7, 2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks for all your help here. Good to know that I'm not alone, nor is it confined to the 360. Now is it our fault for using it too quick, or should there be a patch to correct it? Also I'm not sure that the only time it happens is then, but I wouldn't be shocked if in fact it is. I'm going to keep an eye on it. Thanks.

McLaughlin
Nov 7, 2006, 06:54 PM
It's just lag. Wait a sec after you get pegged and then use it.