PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice the new trailer on phantasystaruniverse.com?

watashiwa
Nov 7, 2006, 05:34 PM
Just loaded the front page randomly..

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/index.php

Check it out if you didn't notice..

The narrator voice is still so damn corny..

EDIT: It looks like it covers online mode now too.. but the trailer appears to be broken past 1:21 or so.. lol.. (bad upload?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-11-07 14:38 ]</font>

Reeses
Nov 7, 2006, 05:37 PM
haha, the narrator's voice sounds like that guy who does the Geiko commercial...when the lady is talking about how her cars were damaged in a flood... anyone know what im talking about? The guys like 'In a world...' i forget what he says...

Its those celebrities who help do the commercials....does anyone know what im talking about?

RoninJoku
Nov 7, 2006, 05:38 PM
I wish I could disable that damn trailer from ever automatically starting again... As long as they never play the clip from after the end credits of story mode...

I don't really care to watch it... is there anything worth watching it for?

Wickerman
Nov 7, 2006, 05:39 PM
He sounds like a plain old movie announcer to me. I like it.

Edg3
Nov 7, 2006, 05:48 PM
If it was tom cruse's latest film I think it would be appropriate, but it just seems wrong for PSU to me.

Crashes at 1:21 for me too. Nice job Sega.

BrianSommer
Nov 7, 2006, 09:03 PM
On 2006-11-07 14:37, Reeses wrote:
haha, the narrator's voice sounds like that guy who does the Geiko commercial...when the lady is talking about how her cars were damaged in a flood... anyone know what im talking about? The guys like 'In a world...' i forget what he says...

Its those celebrities who help do the commercials....does anyone know what im talking about?

Reese,

The announcer you are thinking of is Don La Fontaine (the "Godfather" of the Movie Trailer Voice Over). He is the one on the Geiko TV commercials. However the voice on the PSU trailer is not him. I cant help you with the name of the VO actor who is doing the announce on it. I dont know who it is.

Brian
(just thought I would sneek in here and answer that question for you!)

Wang_Tang
Nov 7, 2006, 09:18 PM
Wow.

They sure did a hell of a job making story mode look EXTREMELY cool. Too bad that's nowhere near the truth =/.

watashiwa
Nov 8, 2006, 01:04 AM
Looks like they took down the new trailer and put the old one back up.

(I PM'd Clumsy about the mess up at 1:21 into the trailer and he said he'd make sure it was taken care of.. so I guess, in the mean time, they put the old trailer back up.. OH WELL)

SpishackCola
Nov 8, 2006, 01:09 AM
Aw, I missed the new trailer.

Mac2492
Nov 8, 2006, 01:14 AM
The old trailer has major spoilers...

SolitaryEcho
Nov 8, 2006, 01:23 AM
I managed to block that video with some browser setting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif