PDA

View Full Version : So I have 15k for a shop, but........

myomer
Nov 7, 2006, 06:47 PM
I'm a casual player and I'm not wholly into the synthing and farming, but I am getting quite a lot of materials that I'd rather not sell back to the NPC shops at 1 - 10 meseta per unit. 15k is the highest I've ever gotten money wise so that should tell you how much I play or get money off my play.

So would a shop make sense for a player like me? There's another thread about shops but that was more about shops not showing up in searches, etc. 15k is pretty steep and I'm not sure if I can recover that cost from selling stuff.

Best I can probably put up there are some equipment, nanosilica and the like. I understand the need for competitive pricing (I've crafted and sold stuff on other MMOs before), but I'm just not sure if inventory actually moves.

Maybe I should just get it for the novelty and be done with it.

Any thoughts? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Evolution
Nov 7, 2006, 06:50 PM
your stuff will definatly sell if its at a reasonable price, I don't know about the pc version but I'm on the 360 and its crazy the price people are asking for items, especially synth or other items that can be found at npc stores for cheaper... In the last two days I've noticed more shops with prices that are actually competitive and lower than npc stores, but generally when you search for something in player stores you'll find outrageous prices.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 7, 2006, 06:53 PM
ok, well the good thing is that you have a few options that i know of....they are that you can start playing a little bit more, starm farming, synthing, etc. and after some time passes, buy a shop and put the items in the shop (to make money, put items at a low price, you probably already know tht, but just making sure)

another option is that you could wait until you are a higher lvl, and that means youll be doing higher rank missions, and get better tiems and more money (if you can, try to always be in a party for higher rank missions, unless you can solo with no problems at all), then you can open the shop from all the money made.

or, you dont have to open a shop at all! if you dont think its going to benefit you at all, then stay on the safe side and dont do it. only do it when you have a steady income. plus if you dont play the game that much anyways, then it wouldnt benefit you since you have no items to put up in the store (like you said)

hope this helps you out!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Nov 7, 2006, 06:54 PM
save the vending for later when you wont have to cut that deep into your funding for questionable return.
feed the stuff you dont need to your Partner Machine - some of that is actually pretty decent.

Nani-chan
Nov 7, 2006, 06:57 PM
You eventually will get your meseta back. Low level force weapons sell fast ( tech mags I guess), stuff like marseline, zepotite for the higher B rank weapons probably sell fast since I tend to have to buy from npc lately since people are selling more than npc. 1k items for 2k I mean /sigh.

Wickerman
Nov 7, 2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, sooner or later you can get it back. PSU will be around for awhile.

BloodDragoon
Nov 7, 2006, 07:27 PM
Well apparently if you're prices are good, force weapon synth materials sell really fast too. My stock got wiped out in 5 minutes lol.

Atm besides cleaning storage I'm making 5 star hunter weapons and selling off the ones I dont want to keep at a flat 10K. Though I think I need to check up on consumable item prices to make sure mine aren't too high.

-Crokar-
Nov 7, 2006, 07:30 PM
ive had the money to open up a shop but i had more important things to get first. like the 22,500 outfit. the four 4 star spears and the one 5 star spear. its all on personal opinion though. if you dont think youll benifit from a shop then dont get one but if you think you will then get one. next time i get the money back im going to open a shop and totally under cut the market.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
Once you hit the 25+ range money start flowing in and 15k isn't much of a big deal especially if you have a shop with your unwanted goods raking in money. I am only 30 and spend roughly 15-20k a day on feeding my darn pm.

Wang_Tang
Nov 7, 2006, 07:54 PM
I honestly just clicked reply and didn't read anything other than the first post, so I apologize if what I say has already been said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Personally I wasn't sure if it would be worth it to blow all my money on a shop when I got it, but from all the random crafting stuff that I picked up along the journey of getting to 15k meseta, I more than paid off the cost of the shop, almost immediately after buying it and setting it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Plus, it pays to be "hooked in" to the player economy in case you find something rare you want to sell.

Bahamut89
Nov 7, 2006, 07:59 PM
I got 35000 back on the first day after opening my shop. That surprised me. I'd say it's definitely worth it, as long as you have something to sell.

myomer
Nov 7, 2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the input. I don't think I have income shortage I can solo Sleeping Warriors C with my chars so there's some income there. I have two chars that are have grinded weapons that can last a few more levels IMO (level 13 atm for both). I have some marseline and nanosilica (hecka lot of the lesser stuff I suppose I can synth into marseline). I think I can synth weapons pretty well but only the mid-level stuff.

I think what I'll do is try Linear B with current chars and see if I can do them; if so I'll bite with the shop.

Pengfishh
Nov 7, 2006, 08:31 PM
I was selling Rayharods (grinded to 4) for 3000 meseta and boy did they sell fast. I was able to gather 18k in a matter of hours with that. Boards cost 1000m, materials were easy enough to find doing runs through the Neudaiz missions, money poured in.

But! I've been offering Stingers (grinded to 1) of various elements for 1100 meseta and haven't sold but one in nearly four days, so it seems it's best that you have a solid idea of what will sell and what will not if you do intend to start a shop and do intend for it to be a lucrative investment. My advice would be to stay away from C Rank Hunter weapons, especially those manufactured by GRM and look for something that you believe will be successful and is in somewhat high demand (as far as you can tell) and sell it for a fair enough price to garner both steady business and steady profit.

Pengfishh
Nov 7, 2006, 08:35 PM
Oh, and if you're not into synthing, you might think to just avoid the whole thing if you're worried about spending the 15k. I was fortunate enough to make a large profit in my first five minutes of opening (had two extremely cheap Relic Edge for sale, as well as low Rappy Feathers and a few weapons -- made 25k in that five minutes), but from there it's been, like I mentioned above, a steady struggle with the wrong kind of weapons and happier days with the right kind.

I also enjoy synthing and most factors included, barring shopping for materials (people are fucking ridiculous), so even if my shit doesn't fly off the shelf, it's nice to think I might find any money sitting in my PM.