PDA

View Full Version : Prick Party Leaders...

Stryfe1
Nov 7, 2006, 08:10 PM
How many of you have come accross a party leader that when you join and either....

1. Pop an emote.

2. Type a lot of chat.

3. Take a lot of loot.

4. Make a suggestion.

5. Use the wrong, or rather your weapon of choice.

6. Don't heal as often as they like.

Threaten to kick you if you don't bow down to what they like and make a smart remark before they kick you.

I had a run in with a guy as soon as I joined a team I popped an emote, and he typed...

That = kick

but not before I typed...

U = d!ck

Reeses
Nov 7, 2006, 08:13 PM
I havent. Then again if i did i would go off on them before they had the chance to kick me. I hate dicks for party leaders...I guess thats why i make my own (very enjoyable) talkative, fun, random/order, games...

Aaomi
Nov 7, 2006, 08:16 PM
I haven't ran into any as of yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 7, 2006, 08:18 PM
Let me guess, this was on Universe 1 or 2 (or maybe 3), right?

Azure247
Nov 7, 2006, 08:21 PM
One time I joined a game and immediately got kicked. Sometimes I join other people's games and people get kicked. And it had nothing to do with character level as they were in the same range.

As for me, the party leader said "I dont like Mexicans" and I was sent back to the lobby room. My name isnt even Mexican.

Pengfishh
Nov 7, 2006, 08:41 PM
I got kicked from a game because, as it was explained to me, my level was lower than they wanted. They didn't even give me a chance to tell them I was a Resta machine. Sure hope they were embarassed in there...

wrentypo
Nov 7, 2006, 08:43 PM
i wish some party leaders would kick more often. there was this annoying kid newman hunter who kept saying over voice chat, "if it weren't for me all of you would be dead." he of course was a lv 18 hunter with a knife when the other forces and rangers in the party were 22-27. i really wanted to tell the leader to boot him but he only spoke french.

my policy is i only boot annoying people or people who die needlessly (i.e. running into a mob with 40 HP). is that being a dick?

Jozon
Nov 7, 2006, 08:45 PM
I like popping a remark like, what's that behind you, or does this rag smell like chloroform to you?, but most of those kicks are justified, a few because I feel like it, mwahhahhahahha

Valleo
Nov 7, 2006, 08:52 PM
Well, my brother joined a party where the Rare drops were set to random. He loads in, says "Hello", and happens to get a rare drop right off the bat (a 7 star synth item IIRC).

Anyways, some emo loser in the party starts whining about it, and the party leader ends up kicking him (my brother, not the emo loser). Why Im not sure. But thats the only incident I can think of. Other than that, most of the parties ive joined have been great. The only complaint I might have is that some of the parties are a little quiet... sometimes it feels like I'm playing with a bunch of very well programmed NPC's, cause noone talks at all.

Kismet
Nov 7, 2006, 08:56 PM
Most of the time I kick people I don't know out... Depends on if I'm feeling nice or not.

MayLee
Nov 7, 2006, 09:08 PM
Leaders are given too much power! I think that it should be the part's choice weather to boot.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 7, 2006, 09:10 PM
I'm a great leader, however I will not tolerate dying. I will boot your ass if I have to use moon atomisers twice on you.

As for as me joining parties, the leaders have always been cool. And I always play in Universe 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-07 18:12 ]</font>

Tystys
Nov 7, 2006, 10:00 PM
I'm trying to figure out where the hell these people are coming from. I was under the impression a huge amount of the population on Network mode was just PSO W posters, lol.

I keep trying to find out where all of these people are and how I can keep away from them, D:.

Slitz
Nov 7, 2006, 10:02 PM
I was kicked for having IG in my name, a few times.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
"OMGZ HAXX!!" *Kick*
Meh.

AlMcFly
Nov 7, 2006, 10:09 PM
Of my friends, they usually elect me leader. I'm pretty accepting of anything really. The only thing I kick you for is if you come in at block 1, say brb, and go afk till dragon, then come back and say "sorry guys, let's do dragon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif". Now I always have items on order, and you just got a whole mission full of free items. Not cool. If you are going to afk, at least leave the mission. I usually kick afkers around 10 minutes after they announce it. I will not allow you to get free items along with a free S rank.

JaireLiay
Nov 7, 2006, 10:12 PM
Lol. i only kick out those that come in and stand around and watch you fight.

I've never kicked anyone for not talking, but in my parties, everyone is always talking about something random, something out of hand, or the happenings of the fights. It's a good time, and I like for people to jump in and enjoy. Though I won't kick you for being quiet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaireLiay on 2006-11-07 19:15 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 12:15 AM
LOL, I entered this guys shop one time and almost immediately the owner showed up and started humping my virtual body... Needless to say I felt Violated seeing as his character was a guy and I was a guy playing a girl character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, and yeah, I joined a match one time where right away the guys go, "who the @#$% didn't password this game, boot this guy"...and then "I'm gonna boot you because this is too easy as it is, so get out of here or I'm gonna boot you!"

Needless to say I joined that room over and over and over because they were pricks and it was fun just annoying them for being pricks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I dare say they were too busy booting me and less healing cuz one of them even died http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif HAHAHA, so much for it being TOO EASY eh!

Kalier
Nov 8, 2006, 01:05 AM
i've been booted once while playing my force. someone was whining because they was low on health, in the middle of about 6 mobs(ones that could, and would, oneshot me). so they keep standing there yelling for heal, i finally give in, run over there, heal them, and get oneshotted in the middle of the casting animation, and get booted for it.

so i mostly make my own teams, and only boot people who are REALLY stupid(such as triggering the boss portal when they're the only one in it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-07 22:06 ]</font>

Capril
Nov 9, 2006, 03:23 PM
Once, I joined an Overloard mission, I was level 22, and the other players were about the same level, we did the run and got to the Dragon. One person died but it was not me. Right in the middle of fighting the dragon, I get kicked out. No explanation. I'm not a gabby person during fights so it was'nt that.
I understand the right of a party leader to boot whom he will. Unless there is an apparent reason, (dying, spamming, not fighting etc..), please have the decency to let the person know why they were booted.
If you just did'nt like my face, even that, at least, explains this curt and hurtful action, just let us know.

Sinue_v2
Nov 9, 2006, 03:30 PM
Well, noone can say I'm a bad PT Leader. I won't accept it. Even if my luck is high that day. Dunno why.. I just hate it. I won't even be leader in a game of Halo.

TheStoicOne
Nov 9, 2006, 03:40 PM
sinue who would boot such a hot casts anyway? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MXdude
Nov 9, 2006, 03:52 PM
I joined a game, the rares were set to random, and within 5 seconds of me joining and not moving i get 2 rares, then booted....i didnt understand it lol, but nevertheless i still got booted for my good luck.

Yoiyami
Nov 9, 2006, 03:56 PM
I always make my own room, so I never have any leader issues. XD

The only time I find myself kicking people is when I'm doing a Parum run on a lower level alt and about 4 or 5 level 30s or 40s come in, sit and wait for me to finish so they can get to field base. It's honestly getting rediculous. That's probably the only reason that'd make me qualify for the "prick leader" title. -.-

KirinDave
Nov 9, 2006, 04:51 PM
It really sucks that people kick strangers out. How are you going to meet anyone if you just kick? And if you wanted to be alone with your friends, why didn't you set a pass in the first place?

Mystil
Nov 9, 2006, 05:47 PM
On 2006-11-07 17:18, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Let me guess, this was on Universe 1 or 2 (or maybe 3), right?

It only happens on universe 1..that's why I don't go there anymore.

daylight129
Nov 9, 2006, 05:48 PM
On 2006-11-09 12:56, Yoiyami wrote:

The only time I find myself kicking people is when I'm doing a Parum run on a lower level alt and about 4 or 5 level 30s or 40s come in, sit and wait for me to finish so they can get to field base. It's honestly getting rediculous. That's probably the only reason that'd make me qualify for the "prick leader" title. -.-

True story.

*Braces self

BioWarrior
Nov 9, 2006, 05:58 PM

Seriously.... thats the most ANNOYING thing I've seen in this game. Wish they'd just realize their friends can invite them and open up a warp for them instead of trying to leech off others >.>.

Mystil
Nov 9, 2006, 06:03 PM
Or just MAKE THIER OWN GAME AND PLOW THROUGH IT IN UNDER A MINUTE >_>.

Aegias
Nov 9, 2006, 07:58 PM
I help lowbies do the mission and ditch them, today i let one come with me when i wanted to solo relics though. -_- Thats not too bad ? On topic i havent really kicked anyone, but tbh I dont party outside of friends cept on my alt, because the average player, isnt on an average skill level, wish there was an elitist hook up forum *_*.

Dukelion
Nov 9, 2006, 07:59 PM
On 2006-11-09 14:58, BioWarrior wrote:

Seriously.... thats the most ANNOYING thing I've seen in this game. Wish they'd just realize their friends can invite them and open up a warp for them instead of trying to leech off others >.>.

...if they HAD friends...

Shazbot
Nov 10, 2006, 12:55 AM
It's too bad I never really got around to developing any psychic abilities that would allow me to tazer peoples nads telepathically. I bet people would be a lot nicer to each other and think twice before booting someone for a laugh if they knew that someone out there could telepathically slap their taint.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 10, 2006, 01:19 AM
Usually, parties like that would have a comment on them saying what type of character they need to pt with, what type of class and etc. If you join their pt then of course they would check out your lvl, stats, equipments and such.

Thats why... I make my own with funny random comments ;D Example. " No one joins my team unless you like Noodles.I'll eat you if you don't,".... anyways...

I once had some S rank runs and had a hunter joined the group. Of course all was fine until I saw him take too much damage quite often. Then when I checked his armor... He wasnt wearing any. The whole party asked him to wear one or at least return to town or room to get one. He didn't and didn't reply what-so-ever. We didnt want to ruin the S rank runs and gave him a final warning... yet no reply and continues to play the game like nothing happened. So I kicked him.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 10, 2006, 01:55 AM
I met someone who always kciks rangers because our damage in inferior, I guess thye figure A ranks are like C's where everythign dies in seconds, sucks for them.

Marik
Nov 10, 2006, 01:59 AM
I just got kicked, when we got to the door for De Ragen. He kicked the rest of the whole party, so he could solo De Ragen and get all xp and loot for himself. Name was Special FX lvl 24 Cast.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 10, 2006, 08:08 AM
Here's what you don't do with me:

-Die twice, before we even get to the end.
-Join from the start, leave, then come back near end
-Insult me
-Ask me for items, other than mates.
-Go straight for boxes, always taking everything

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-10 05:16 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 08:10 AM
What's wrong with these?:

"1. Pop an emote.

2. Type a lot of chat.

3. Take a lot of loot.

4. Make a suggestion.

5. Use the wrong, or rather your weapon of choice.

6. Don't heal as often as they like. "

therealAERO
Nov 10, 2006, 08:21 AM
I felt bad for leaving before a mission started and than coming back and seeing I got an S rank for doing nothing...I felt like such a poser.

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 08:24 AM
On 2006-11-10 05:08, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Here's what you don't do with me:

-Die twice, before we even get to the end. (check)
-Join from the start, leave, then come back near end (never witnessed this before)
-Insult me (check)
-Ask me for items, other than mates. (check...depends on who they are too)
-Go straight for boxes, always taking everything (item distribution, they can go for the boxes while i take their exp)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-10 05:16 ]</font>

Camdino
Nov 10, 2006, 08:27 AM
I just don’t know why they don’t lock their rooms if they are going to be Elitist A-holes when you join then kick ya. I joined one last night got to the stage select screen and got "Look another A-hole just got kicked" then pop back in city. I wouldn't want to play with them if they are like that anyways but isn't it just a waste of time kicking people when you can just use the password?

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 08:29 AM
On 2006-11-10 05:27, Camdino wrote:
I just don’t know why they don’t lock their rooms if they are going to be Elitist A-holes when you join then kick ya. I joined one last night got to the stage select screen and got "Look another A-hole just got kicked" then pop back in city. I wouldn't want to play with them if they are like that anyways but isn't it just a waste of time kicking people when you can just use the password?

I don't know why they are like that. Common sense things, but it does drive me nuts sometimes. I welcome people in my game with open arms, as long as the communicate with me (at least a hello). Now I joined a few games and got kicked, but like you said, why don't they use a password? Don't know...

Ryoten
Nov 10, 2006, 09:45 AM
I've been leader for sometime now & I haven't been an a-hole like the others. I hardly don't care what happen in the party as long as its fun. I let ppl pick up whatever they want & keep on playing, as long as I get some meseta. lol

Merumeru
Nov 10, 2006, 12:41 PM
XD i havent been the victim of any of that crap yet, and as a leader, all I kick for is when people come to my game and ask me to make Give Finder and to stop using my CiC XP

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 10, 2006, 01:01 PM
Just once this happened, i was lvl 27 and the discription of the mission said 25+ only!!!! or kick!!

So i join in and immediatly one guy goes "a 25", then the leader goes "are you a force?", i said no, then he said well im kicking you anyway

Well thats fine and all but maybe you should learn to READ before puting up discriptions like that on your game