PDA

View Full Version : My personal view on being a Force

American_Sage
Nov 7, 2006, 09:10 PM
I have been reading about other people and what they think about being a Force, and while I agree with the fact that people don't understand our own needs I also think that the views stated are somewhat skewed.

It is NOT that difficult to level up. I have only played for roughly 70 hours (No life) and I easily made it to level 36.

I was only LEVEL 30 yesterday mind you. When a force grinds we can level up quickly.

People say that it is hard to heal the party and deal damage, it isn't really that difficult. I know why people have this "problem" and it is because of a misconception (reasonable as it may be however).

The Force DOES NOT need to be the quarterback, and if you are hanging out at the back of the party, you WILL have a hard time tagging enemies. You need to be the FIRST person into a room. Use Barta and Rafoie, you can tag everything quickly.

Let the Hunters and Rangers HELP YOU! You get in there, damage them, and they will run up and surround you. Trust me. This makes it easy to keep them healed as well.

If you are a good Force you will know what enemies specifically are not easily handled from close up (mostly Vahra's). So stand back more from them.

If you play enough you will notice patterns in spawn points, and where the enemies initially move to. This is what a true Force needs to be able to do.

I am sorry if I am offending anybody, but I have easily accumulated 200,000 M not counting the other 100,000 M I have most likely spent.

American_Sage
Nov 7, 2006, 09:12 PM
Also, to the people that seem to think it is hard to level up your non-healing Technics, I suggest doing some C-Rank Dragon Runs, using your choice of Fire or Earth spells, saving your Ice/Lightning spells specifically for the dragon. If you do this you can easily level them up roughly 25% no matter what level they are.

American_Sage
Nov 7, 2006, 09:12 PM
Solo them by the way.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 7, 2006, 09:13 PM
You're right about getting hits in before the rest of the party, but that doesn't help if your lag always makes you the last person into each room.

Also: It is my experience that Deega does the most damage to the dragon, due to it's higher power.

Also: Also: Use the edit button. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-11-07 18:14 ]</font>

b3n
Nov 7, 2006, 09:14 PM
Whats your point? Being a force is easy. Being a leet force(like myself) isnt that easy. Forces ftw.

American_Sage
Nov 7, 2006, 09:14 PM
Trust me, I probably lack more then the majority of players on this game, and I have no trouble getting into rooms first.

American_Sage
Nov 7, 2006, 09:16 PM
Do you mean 1337 Force perhaps? I would consider myself a 1337 force, because I manage to get S-Rank nearly every time I play, haven't let anybody die any my parties, and I still manage to have close to the highest damage output.

aquafire
Nov 7, 2006, 09:26 PM
Wish I knew what a force was like online. Anyway my force can easily do 1,000 damage to a group of enemies with just one spell. My hunter however is weak compared to my force (they're both the same level). I find forces waaay easier to use than hunters. Rangers for me are just too difficult to use (they consume too much PP ><). I play offline only soo my opinions are waaay different from you onliners.

Saikyn
Nov 7, 2006, 09:29 PM
hate forces who don't heal, fucking retards <^0^>

Elleranda
Nov 7, 2006, 09:29 PM
I fully support this thread and the views it promotes!

Edit: I mean, SIGNED LOL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elleranda on 2006-11-07 18:29 ]</font>

aquafire
Nov 7, 2006, 09:35 PM
I say we form a petition saying "We don't have to heal you wuss hunters, we don't need you.", hahahah I'm jk.

American_Sage
Nov 7, 2006, 09:44 PM
Saikyn, I never said I wouldn't heal hunters. Personally I hate Hunters that don't carry any Mono, Di, or Trimates.

Schubalts
Nov 7, 2006, 09:52 PM
About PP usage offline: online, ranged weapons have like...at least twice as much PP as they do offline(some have 4). And PP regenerates a hell of a lot faster online, as well.

Randomness
Nov 7, 2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I dont mind healing, but if you're going to be lazy, sorry, but you will PROBABLY die if I get to involved with nuking.

Randomness
Nov 7, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-11-07 18:52, Schubalts wrote:
About PP usage offline: online, ranged weapons have like...at least twice as much PP as they do offline(some have 4). And PP regenerates a hell of a lot faster online, as well.

It takes slighlty longer for me to spam a rod empty than a rifle. My rods have SLIGHTLY more PP. PP is not a concern for either class, if you bring plenty of weapons.

JaireLiay
Nov 7, 2006, 10:22 PM
See, I switched from hunter to Force after getting Lv 10 in it, and I understand the hunter sentiment of wanting to be healed cause we like fighting without worry of dying.

Still, Forces do other things, and I like running up and smacking enemies with razonde and rafoie. And like Sage says, learning which enemies move faster and their patterns improves your casting alot.

Oh, and I've only been a force for today, I switched this morning.