PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried traps?

Randomness
Nov 7, 2006, 10:06 PM
I decided to grab a couple out of curiosity, and the delay on the regular ones is pretty short. 1 or 2 seconds. I'm liking them, except they're expensive.

Has anyone else tried them yet, and what are your opinions?

FenixStryk
Nov 7, 2006, 10:38 PM
LOL, I've been wondering the same thing. I think you're the first person to actually USE a trap. I just feed the 100 meseta ones to my PM.

Ryogen
Nov 7, 2006, 10:41 PM
Traps are actually pretty good. They are useful when you are a ranger. Set traps then shoot, if they come to close they step on it and BAM, dead. Fun for De Ragon. Set traps in his path and watch the fun begin. It's like opening an explolsive present. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KiteWolfwood
Nov 7, 2006, 10:53 PM
I have only tried regular traps. Haven't tested the G traps.

Zato-2TWO
Nov 7, 2006, 11:10 PM
In preparation for playing Protransers (gasp!), I went and tried a few traps meself. The timed ones are a bit difficult to use, but in tight spots they can be a godsend. Just remember not to switch out of trap mode before your trap goes off!

For the cheap 100M traps, I prefer using Freeze or Burn (though I haven't gotten a hold of the rest); the damage on the 100M Damage traps isn't much unless you're just cleaning up a wittled down mob, but with burn or freeze traps you can lay down some SEs while running away or in the midst of melee chaos.

The G traps, however, are a beaut. The range is PHENOMENALLY better than the 100M traps, and the damage isn't too shabby (on the Damage Trap G). Doing bombing runs on De Ragan is loads of fun, especially when you watch the satisfying blast of your bomb go off behind you. They're still 500M apiece though, so unless you have money to throw away they're a bit of a risk to pick up. I wish they'd make boards for Traps.

Traps are definitely a useful thing to have, especially when running away from mobs and you need that extra few seconds to turn around and blast them all with your rifle. With its cost though I probably wouldn't stock up on traps for EVERY mission, just those I think it'd be crucial to have them on (boss runs, etc.).

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 7, 2006, 11:54 PM
Late in the game I bet the 100-500 mesta will be cheap and they will be more usfull for hard areas (im thinking ulitmate mode on old PSO) I guess traps are not free anymore because the cast special ability is the SUV weapon instead of traps now, wich became like a little "extra"