PDA

View Full Version : Playershops and Nanocarbons

Agrei
Nov 8, 2006, 12:25 AM
So as I was browsing the playershops on PSU last night... looking to buy cheap nanocarbons so I can build my gigaline... I come across shops selling them for 5k. 6k. I've seen them as high as 10k. For nanocarbons. One person even advertised them as being 'the cheapest around!' and costing 2850.

I thought this was a little outrageous, so unbeknownst to them, I went to the systhesis shop in Clyde and bought them at 2500.

I sell things at less than what you'd pick them up for in the shop.

has anyone else noticed this trend?

Kalier
Nov 8, 2006, 12:28 AM
not just with nanocarbons, but withalot of things. some people honestly don't know their price in stores. other people take advantage of the people who don't know their store price.

jnblz316
Nov 8, 2006, 12:28 AM
It amazes the idiocy that run rampent in all online communities that have to deal with the pricing of items. Why the hell would I buy a item in the player shops for 1000 when they sell it in the ingame shops for 300.

Kalier
Nov 8, 2006, 12:29 AM
seriously. people will either learn to price their stuff correctly, or not make any money eventually.

on a side note, i find nanocarbons for 1k alot, and sell them for that much myself when i'm not using them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-07 21:30 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 8, 2006, 12:29 AM
It's definetly a trend, and a lame one at that. Apparently, these people think they can sell items at prices HIGHER than retail NPC store prices... and for some reason, they still do it, so apparently one noob or another is buying these overinflated items. Truly a shame.

Good luck finding any Nanocarbon, Marseline, Zepotite, or Im-photons under retail price... and that's just for starters.

Realmz
Nov 8, 2006, 12:34 AM
i'd just like to say that in my shop synth mats will be at least 50% off store prices, brough to you with a smile from my lovely angel PM Maya.

restocked every two days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(today is not that day)

pay no attention to the weapons tho, i have those up just to see who takes em haha

Agrei
Nov 8, 2006, 12:41 AM
Realmz - Do you play Xbox version? If you are let me know... I would totally get /in/ on your store.

Oh and nice sig. I have a macro to say that too.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 01:20 AM
Is there even mods in PSU I yet to notice or hear of one? cause I remeber in any other game gross over pricing gets you a warning then a ban.

Realmz
Nov 8, 2006, 01:27 AM
sorry PC, but being on 360 would really explain that, with what i hear of Lives community all the time.

i don't see why over pricing would get people banned, it's their own store, they can set the price they want to sell it at, it's really the peoples fault for buying, and thus encouraging such behaviour

Kalier
Nov 8, 2006, 01:31 AM
they aren't gonna do a thing about overpricing. if you're stupid enough to pay it, that's your problem.

-Crokar-
Nov 8, 2006, 01:40 AM
heck my brother opened up a shop on the 360 and his prices were so low he sold out of stuff in 30 minutes. he was selling nano carbons at like 750 and some of the other stuff people are outragousley over pricing.

Zakuro
Nov 8, 2006, 01:52 AM
On 2006-11-07 22:20, Genobee wrote:
Is there even mods in PSU I yet to notice or hear of one? cause I remeber in any other game gross over pricing gets you a warning then a ban.

Pretty much every other online game I've played has people who overprice things and I've never heard anyone getting banned for it. Nothing forces a player to buy something from a particular player so I can't see it being a reason to ban someone, especially if the person isn't even aware that they are overpricing things. I've seen it in pretty much every MMO I've played (and I've played a lot of them) as well as some non-MMO online games. I'm guessing what it actually was is the people who have bots who will search for certain high demand items, buy them all as soon as they go up for sale unless they surpass a certain price, and then resell for a very high price, allowing them to pretty much control the market on that particular item(s). That people have gotten banned for.

Sometimes people overprice things for a specific purpose. Such as if someone owes you money but hasn't been online at the same time as you lately, you could put something up for sale that is worthless/cheap at the price the person owes you and then they can buy the junk item to repay you whenever they are on.

Wallin
Nov 8, 2006, 02:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with overpricing items if you're putting it in the shop because they won't fit in your storage, and technically there's nothing really wrong with overpricing at all. But when your ads specifically say "Nanocarbons 30% off" and they're selling them for 2450, seriously, don't waste people's time like that. The chances of someone who is going to come into the store and say, "OMG, Nanocarbons are overpriced... oh, but here's something that's cheap that I didn't consider getting" is ridiculously low in my opinion. If someone is bad enough to advertise X% off and sell a Nanocarbon for 2400, I refuse to buy from those people at all.

I've seen some really good bargains thankfully, but having to browse past the 30 shops on the list of stores that are either sold out or overpriced is just ridiculous. Obviously there's enough of these in circulation, I don't see why 90% of the shops feel the need to charge 2500-3000 like people are so desperate to get them that they'll blindly pay any price. Of course if they're making a profit because a majority of people are stupid enough not to check the shops, then maybe I'm being the dumb one here.

_Deliverance_
Nov 16, 2006, 11:36 AM
Bumping this becuase stupid people persist in listing their nanocarbons at even one meseta higher than NPC price.

2500 or lower, people. It's not 3000, not 5000, not 10000. You're wasting everyone's time, including your own, when you list items higher than the 2500 NPC price.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2006-11-16 08:37 ]</font>

PMB960
Nov 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
I see people charging 100000 because they say thats what it cost to synth it. Isn't it easier to find the stuff on the ground and make it. Most people are trying to buy it from the store and resell it for a profit. That makes no sense.

Katachi
Nov 16, 2006, 11:46 AM
Give it time. Pretty soon the shops will be nothing but people showing off what they have, not actually selling anything. Go ahead. Search for Crea weapons and you'll see some 99999999 prices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katachi on 2006-11-16 08:50 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Nov 16, 2006, 11:51 AM
I wish you could check their list of wares/price without going to their room. All the time spent going from room to room (about 20 lastnight) and only one of them was selling n.carbon for less than NPC. 2100 from Tank (Thank you!).

AeraLure
Nov 16, 2006, 12:00 PM
A nice feature under item search when searching for a shop would simply be to list in results the selling price of the item being searched for. Cant be that hard to implement, since when you search for an item it seems like the results pick only the results that actually have that item in stock. Searching this way for nanos presently is sort of useless, since the ones in stock invariably cost more than at an NPC unless you get very lucky. Would be nice, but we're left right now with searching the way we do, which certainly has room for improvement.

Certainly there is no cause for banning anyone for offering things at prices over NPC pricing or way beyond the average for that matter. Its their store. Thing to do would be to hav a slightly better search.

That said, its completely beyond me why some price nanocarbons beyond the NPC trader. Suppose they are assuming someone will come along sooner or later and buy it, but honestly, the crowd searching out nanos know exactly what they are worth. Many other overpriced items are as mentioned, just showing off or utilizing storage space - or both.

Sydz
Nov 16, 2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, Searching for shops really needs more filter options, via price and otherwise. I hate searching for something and finding eleventy million of the board but none of the item, or vice versa.

AkiraXxx
Nov 16, 2006, 12:28 PM
People are just retarded. They sell them for more then the npc price because people are stupid enough to buy them for more then they cost at the npc.

Mystil
Nov 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Why are nanocarbons so important to you all? I'm betting that could be the reason for high cost.

Oxidation
Nov 16, 2006, 12:37 PM
Nanocarbons are used a lot for making armors, and u need absurd amounts of them for the armors

Flunky
Nov 16, 2006, 12:44 PM
Even considering they're important, this doesn't mean somebody's going to be willing to pay more than the NPC shop price for 'em. It's not like the NPC's got a limited stock or anything...

Tahldon
Nov 16, 2006, 12:55 PM
I totally refuse to buy synthesis items. It doesn't make any sense to me. I'm still using the same old rods that I started off with. I have ONE Hajirod and that's only cause I got the board for kicks. I probably have grinded my weps 3 times since I been playin, but that's only ONE rod.

As a matter of fact, I don't even sell synth material in my shop for the sheer sake of my being too lazy to go out and reaserch prices for it all. Another reason is that I might need some of the stuff -myself- on up the road.. everything I've ever picked up is still in my inventory, synth material wise.

I sell weapons and items at perhaps a really really cheap price. I don't really care about making money. Lots of stuff I have and I just wanna get rid of. I have a friend that sells any and everything for 1 Meseta just because.

But yeah.. I know people who have jacked prices but people still buy from them and make them rich.. i dont' get it..

Katachi
Nov 16, 2006, 01:04 PM
If you're looking to buy items and need to price them out, there's a pdf in this forum somewhere of what all the NPC shops carry and how much they sell for. I have a printout of that and compare the prices to what I find in player shops. That way, I know that 3000 for nanocarbon is more than what NPC shops charge, even though there might be a high demand in player shops for them.

The general pricing rule, it seems, is charge half of what NPC shops charge. Also, if you have something like Trimates for sale, put the name and price in your ad so that people can see before having to load your room and check your inventory that you actually have Trimates, and not [B] Trimates...

shojumaru
Nov 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
I've seen ppl selling soural, a mat that costs 100m at the store, for up to 3k. In fact, over half the stores I visited yesterday had it at 1k or more. I only found two out of about 10 stores that had it less than 100m. I'm sure there are more stores out there, but the search simply fails me.

galaxy
Nov 16, 2006, 01:12 PM
i wish you could leave notes in peoples rooms...like either saying "THIS PERSON'S PRICES ARE HIGHER THAN THE NPC'S! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!" or just a reminder to the person who's selling, "compare your prices to the NPC's, please."

Witchblade56
Nov 16, 2006, 01:13 PM
Fascinating; I have a ton of nanocarbons saved up for crafting of my own armors, along with other crafting ingredients.

If i were to sell any they would be at a cost below what the npc shops sell the items for. There's a sliding scale available here or somewhere else that tells the pricing of items @25% of cost at npcs.

That's the general rule ill be following when i craft for selling of items to my community base.

When you're talking about an ingame economy as new as this people will in-evitably try to get as much as they can out of the player base before it stabilizes.

Some of the items ive seen in bazaar are priced at an obscene rate. Some Bazaars are just up to show that they got [whatever bling bling item it may be]. Honestly people that do this should realize that honest players lloking for something to buy are not going to want to waste the time on "Show piece" bazaars.

Just my 0.02

BOWSER5150
Nov 16, 2006, 01:26 PM
something should be done about these overpriced player shops i hate serching for 20 to find nothing usefull

Miller
Nov 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
I sell Nanocarbon for 1250 - 1750 depending on how much I have.

An item cost should be introduced to stop the laming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miller on 2006-11-16 10:38 ]</font>

Miyoko
Nov 16, 2006, 01:36 PM
If someone desprately needs nanocarbon, let me know... I don't have much of it, but I'm willing to part with it (and not for 2500+ meseta ;p)

After all, you people buying it are likely the people I'll be buying armor from http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif