PDA

View Full Version : Item: When's a good time to start using Photon Charges?

FenixStryk
Nov 8, 2006, 12:50 AM
Ever since the beta, I've considered Photon Charges as just too expensive for what they do. While I do know I could make use of the extra PP, it's 500 meseta down the drain, and it can be negated entirely if you just spend that extra minute going to town and using the photon box there. Sure, you can't use the photon box trick on bosses, but will you really use all of your PP on that one boss, and still need an entire fresh clip to finish the job thereafter?

I'm a Lv.31 CAST, Lv.7 Ranger, so PP plays a major role in my performance, but even with my high income, I don't consider Photon Charges worth it... what do you guys think?

BloodDragoon
Nov 8, 2006, 12:52 AM
I never buy em personally. But I do keep the ones I find and use them when I want to power level my PA's

Ryogen
Nov 8, 2006, 12:55 AM
I don't buy them becuase I have extra weapons. It's good to have at least 1 on you though.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 12:58 AM
i just save um as I find um, and use um in liek tough missions when I need that PA kick and my sword is running on empty

AeraLure
Nov 8, 2006, 01:08 AM
I save the ones I find, but I never, ever buy them. Sometimes I bring one along with me if I think the mission difficulty at hand is going to drain resources a bit, but as a Force its rare anything does, as I have several sets of wands and rods I bring along. My Hunter hasnt run across the need to use one yet, but she's also low enough level still I would doubt she would need to, so i cant really comment on non-Force usage but its much the same thing - having several weapon sets should keep you from needing a Photon Charge item outside of extreme circumstances.

Remedy
Nov 8, 2006, 02:58 AM
Only time I've ever had to pop one is in Fanatics A.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 03:41 AM
I wouldnt be supprised to see them used more often in higher rank stuff like S rank, and I noticed hunters I party with dont seem to use PA much.

In story mode I was using my skills constantly almost every single attack ended with a PA and I used photon charges quite often, but most of them I could find but also as a hunter my income was high as I only needed 2 good weapons at a time, force however wich is what I play online need 4 or more good weapons and more like 8 so you can have a combination of rods and canes... thats not even including the guns to go with the canes.... :/ FO is expensive and also the PP recharge is high for them.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 8, 2006, 03:48 AM
Only time I use em are for Fanatics A/B, but most of the time I just rush to the cube or go back to town since it's more easier. Only time I really use em are in mid blocks. Currently as a 42 RNG10 I have 5 B rank weapons, 5 C rank weapons and a mechgun/saber combo if I ever run out of my.... idk 10k+ of PP >>. I never ever buy em but I do keep the ones I do find.

Rizen
Nov 8, 2006, 05:38 AM
Yeah pretty much what Shadow_Wing said. Only time I ever used one was in Fanatics A. My recharges cost 300 a pop now and Charges help with that a bit. I never buy one, normally have them drop.

SailorDaravon
Nov 8, 2006, 08:30 AM
I've never even had to use one. I have 10 in the bank and 10 on more. I imagine they might be more useful in S rank missions. I've also slowly been building up PhotonChargeCosmo's. You'd be suprised how many people will sell them at under a thousand.

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 08:58 AM
I seldom use them. In the rare case(but not so with Dragon B)that I burn all my PP on all my weapons, I will use it. Otherwise I'm letting it recharge to a certain amount.

Zalana
Nov 8, 2006, 12:00 PM
I'd like some of you to try Rainbow Beast B/A those chargers sure do come in handy lol.

Thrash777
Nov 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
I find I always use them when a charger is just round the corner! grr

Itsuki
Nov 8, 2006, 12:36 PM
I can usually get to the cube thats before the last room in rainbow beast without running out too much on my high level. I find, that at level 55, I use more chargers for leveling up weapons then I do for the actual need of them. I carry so many weapons around that theres almost always SOMETHING I can switch to.

Photon charger cosmos on the other hand are a lot more viable of an option. You can get them relatively cheap from player shops on the jp version, and especialy FO's and HU's that use a lot of A-rank weapons find the cost of a PCC to be around the same as the cost of using a cube (2500-ish).

But as for "When's a good time to start?" Anytime if you need one. They're something you should always have on you just in case you need a charge mid block. But you should never have rely on them. If you start averaging 1 a mission, you're already using too many. Just buy another damn weapon.