PDA

View Full Version : Help using symbols in chat ( star / music note / etc )

AquaFlare7
Nov 8, 2006, 02:03 AM
I have the japanese IME installed and use it frequently, but can anyone help me in typing these symbols into chat? I know it can be done I just can't remember how.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2006-11-07 23:03 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 03:37 AM
Well this forum doesnt support japanese since its encoded as unicode the forum will show the unicode not the kanji so not sure if the other symbols would work eather.

Sukashi
Nov 8, 2006, 05:01 AM
star = hoshi
music note = onpu
all symbols = kigou (huge list, watch out)

There's also a kaomoji dictionary file that you can add to your IME which is found online, but can't seem to find it at the moment...

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 05:23 AM
I know hoshi means star http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif didnt know onpu was musical note.

so by that I guess the other sysmbols would be the respective words.

so a heart would probably be koi or somthing for love, or maybe heart but dont know the japanese word for heart.

Thre is also the dubbed "alt codes" wich is how I have always used symbols in the past, the heart is super easy hold alt --> press 3 on the right number pad --> release alt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-08 02:27 ]</font>

Zabot
Nov 8, 2006, 08:15 AM
i play the english version, and i know how to make sound and roll dice, play cards, etc. how do you do the symbols, i know you can also do something with the @ symbol. does anyone know what it is, or how you do other things like other symbols. thanks.

Peace