PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to conect to the internet while playing offline?

Nika
Nov 8, 2006, 03:11 AM
you need to conect to the internet while playing offline? if so, what is the purpose for that?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 03:14 AM
Yes.

Nika
Nov 8, 2006, 05:36 AM
and what is the purpose ?

Nagidar
Nov 8, 2006, 06:14 AM
Gameguard updates.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 06:27 AM
to make people cry with no internets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sucks, I would love to play it on a laptop on the road or somthing with no internet.

Realmz
Nov 8, 2006, 09:21 AM
only on the PC version

SirEldest
Nov 8, 2006, 10:32 AM
I have PC and I can explain it easily. For PC of course.

No and Yes.

What I mean? If you install the game and don't go on the network and download the patch, then u don't have that annoying program call game guard. So then u can play it offline.

Once u connect to the network, that annoying program is install throught a patch. This program is updated before the game loads to protect from anything that can hack or check to see if u hacked any of the files. It is sega's way of saying to stop hacking.
Well since the program needs to load and update before PSU loads, tha means u need an internet.

In short, u dont need the internet till u get the first batch of the patch. Then u need it due to game guard.

Pikku
Nov 8, 2006, 12:28 PM
Simple. Uninstall the game whenever you want to play the game offline lol.

Antagony
Nov 8, 2006, 12:38 PM
Personally I'd like to see a more convenient workaround for this.

SolitaryEcho
Nov 8, 2006, 12:54 PM
I think all the item descriptions are server side too. When you go to the description of an item it take about a second to load.

Ruby-chan
Nov 8, 2006, 03:29 PM
If you look around there's a program out there to emulate a gameguard server so that you can play offline without being connected to the internet. I don't think I can say where it is, and I haven't tried it myself (As I'd only need it for my laptop and I haven't installed on my laptop yet.) but if you google around you might find it.

Para
Nov 8, 2006, 04:49 PM
Yes and no is the closest answer. You need an internet connection when gameguard checks for update but after the update check, you can play freely without internet connection.