PDA

View Full Version : I know it seems "rude" for us to do but honestly...

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 03:48 AM
If you are level 10 going through mad creatures and we (we as in a high level) join just because we need to get to Raffon doesn't mean we are being rude. How else are we going to get there? We certainly don't want to make a game and take 15 minutes running through it when we could just get there in a snap. Honestly, if I join your game, and you boot me because you think it's innappropriate to hitch a ride just to get to raffon, then you're an asshole.

(Just happened to me btw)

Bobkitty
Nov 8, 2006, 03:51 AM
Agreed.

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 03:57 AM
I second that.... It is totally rediculous (can't spell) that people will do that when all they have to do if they are gonna be so anal is set a password for the room. Heck, I do that all the time and when I leave the password off for people to join it's cuz I want them to join, regardless of level, etc. The only time I would ever boot (haven't had to yet) is if someone was being a total jerk and harassing the rest of the party. (Like happens alot in Chromehounds)

***Shakes Head***

SIDE NOTE: I actually have had to leave a couple parties before due to that reason...Once where the leader was the loser and the other because the leader wouldn't BOOT the loser!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-11-08 01:00 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 04:01 AM
HMMMMmmmm.....I suppose I could have just muted my Volume 360 dashboard..

......but why should I have to?!

BloodDragoon
Nov 8, 2006, 04:01 AM
Well you gotta realize alot of lower lvl ppl do those missions for S rank and have it ruined by high lvl players being assholes and making a beeline for the end ignoring all the monsters located in side areas.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 04:03 AM
Mad Creatures? The pre-quest to the actual only leveling meat in the game? Seriously, I would do some relic runs and get over it.

Superguppie
Nov 8, 2006, 04:09 AM
I can imagine someone leaving a game open so others of his level, that he doesn't know can join in the fun. I can see how having someone else clear the path and then make a run for the big prize yourself is rude. Not only that, it's lazy. I remember in PSO, the only way to get to the dragon was to go through the forest for 15-30 minutes. With friends, it was so enjoyable we could do it just for the fun of the walk, and do in the dragon pro forma.
Don't be lazy. Make that walk yourself. In good company it is always fun.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 04:11 AM
On 2006-11-08 01:09, Superguppie wrote:
I can imagine someone leaving a game open so others of his level, that he doesn't know can join in the fun. I can see how having someone else clear the path and then make a run for the big prize yourself is rude. Not only that, it's lazy. I remember in PSO, the only way to get to the dragon was to go through the forest for 15-30 minutes. With friends, it was so enjoyable we could do it just for the fun of the walk, and do in the dragon pro forma.

No.

BloodDragoon
Nov 8, 2006, 04:14 AM
Mad Creatures? The pre-quest to the actual only leveling meat in the game? Seriously, I would do some relic runs and get over it.

Honestly Grove of Fanatics gives me xp faster than anything on Parum. Granted I have to work a bit harder for it.

Also if they're low enough lvl to want the xp from Mad Creatures they probably have a hard enough time with the dragon let alone try ruins.

Part of playing games online is being considerate to other's wishes in a game. If they dont want a lv 40 person nuking their C rank mission then so be it, find another ride or just make one and mow through it yourself.

Marik
Nov 8, 2006, 04:37 AM
On 2006-11-08 00:48, daylight129 wrote:
We certainly don't want to make a game and take 15 minutes running through it when we could just get there in a snap.

That sounds like a personal problem. Why should I be bothered because you didn't want to take 15 minutes to get to your repetitive De Ragon runs. I don't usually mind when people join to get to the other side until the 3rd block. Where you need to go left for the monsters near the photon charger. High Level Leech likes to go to the right and end the mission before we kill all the monsters and we end up with an A instead of S. So now when I see High Level Leech go to the right, they get the boot.

If you want to get to the other base, thats fine. Just don't ruin my rank to do it.

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 8, 2006, 04:51 AM
This makes me think....

We need a better way of doing this, a better way of getting to the mid-point area besides having to fight through a smaller mission all the time. Then again, personally i also go to low level games to get to the mid-area. I haven't gotten booted but then again even though i'm maybe 20 sometimes 25 levels above everyone else i let the leader take the lead, and make sure the lower level guy get their hits in, then to speed things up i'll kill a few monster my self. I make sure to destroy all the monster in every room (mainly force of habbit)

But really? to say it's a personal problem that we can't get to the mid-mission area is just the same as saying "It's a personal problem that you didn't lock your room so high levels don't hobo onto your train, or add a comment."

Both those things, seem abit unreasonable. (That's my opinion) But then again, i think because we share the same game, and we're all in the same community we have to be considerate and forgiving of everyone.

There's plenty of time to level, plenty of time to S-rank, plenty of missions to be had.

Aaomi
Nov 8, 2006, 05:03 AM
What I find funny is how the exact opposite was in a thread earlier today lol.

Auronp
Nov 8, 2006, 05:26 AM
I don't like it cause the higher lvls are to lazy to get into a c rank mission themselves and just run for it. I have a lvl 38 beast and a lvl 10 newman. When i play with the newman i get people who are lvl 25~40 join and ruin the S rank that WE all tried for. It's not as simple as locking the game because we want other ppl of the same lvl joining up and playing with us. Don't do missions to ruin it for other ppl. You wouldnt like it if someone joined a mission of yours and crapped it up doin what they felt like doin, so dont do it to others. I personally am going to either put it in the comment or just stat booting them. On my main, i dont join others C rank missions i either start my own or join a B or A. Try to challenge yourself instead of taking the lazy bum move!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 05:32 AM
The reason you can join mid game is to help sombody not to have them help you and skip a mission.

The reason there is a mid point again was because long games like Forest to Falz often times resulted in people having to leave and you need more members so that mid point is a place to find sombody to join you, or a good place for sombody to leave who has somthing to do. It aslo is your recharge station since you can no longer just telipipe to the pioneer.

It was not setup this way so you can repetedly spam the advanced missions for loot/xp, do it the "hard way" and fight thru both missions like your supposed to. Who knows you may find a rare on the way or use it to lvl up your PA skills or somthing.

I would be upset if a high lvl joined my game and started raping all the monsters and stole my xp/loot and even more so if he just ran thru the stage and ended it early. Dont Do It! but if you join and help finish the mission to its fullest and let the low lvls score a hit on everything first and share or leave the loot thats 100% ok with me.

So thats the balance point, be fiar if you going to be in a game where you really dont belong. Jack it up and get booted and also get your name put on the wall of shame.

ZiG
Nov 8, 2006, 05:34 AM
It doesn't take me anywhere near 15 mins to fly through Mad Creatures C.

Dunno what the big deal is. Hell, half the time I get a rare or two for my trouble. Sure, I've been known to hitch a ride now and then, but when I do I immediately ask if it's ok.

Otherwise, running through Mad Creatures C is a quick way to get some mats, maybe a rare, and 2-3% on a PA/Spell/Bullet...

-Shimarisu-
Nov 8, 2006, 06:22 AM
I hated it on JP, do not mind it on US, and this is partially because any Japanese kid doing this IS rude and uncultured. They are raised to be over-considerate of others and with that doctrination, doing this is a mark of bad character. That is, unless they are civil to you and ask if it's OK. That's all that is needed.

On US, people just all do it and it's accepted. BUT. If you don't say "Hi," I let you get to outpost, then boot you without a word.

Nobody ever says "Hi," not the few who do this on JP or the masses who do it on US. I'm going to start booting people who don't say it mid-mission.

FrogKicker
Nov 8, 2006, 06:44 AM
I try to be helpful when going to Rafon Base. I usually try to let the lowbies get in a hit before I kill the mob and always get them the S Rank. If it's set on give to finder I don't even bother picking up anything regardless of what it is. I figure if I am going to use them...they might as well use me back.

Destin
Nov 8, 2006, 09:20 AM
Daylight I do have to admit that you have a rather selfish playstyle IMO.

Between this and your fight for Finder in parties... yeah I'd have to agree.

If you want to get to the midbase so badly, why not contact some friends of yours (this is foolishly assuming you have any) and just have them invite you to their group if they're in the midbase. Then you can talk to the cast near the Flyer Base and BOOM! you're in the midbase, no rank ruined or newbie violated.

This is just my opinion, but do you have a 50ft chip permanently attached to your shoulder or are you like 15?

Ryven
Nov 8, 2006, 09:51 AM
Ah, I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, but I'm gonna hitch a ride whenever I feel like it. I always greet the party, ask if it's ok, and let everyone hit the enemy. Seriously, if you want to hitch a ride that badly, look for the party with the highest elapsed time, you might get lucky and they'll be right at the end of it, even if it is A-B Rank.

Jiga
Nov 8, 2006, 10:05 AM
My friends unused account has characters at 3 of the mid-camps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Login > Invite > transfer. 3 mins.

Kittycat
Nov 8, 2006, 10:10 AM
I cringe when someone passing through clears the mission when I'm trying to kill the few monsters on the way to the cube. No srank for j00.

Hresvelgr
Nov 8, 2006, 10:20 AM
The "15 min waste" thing made me lol'irl.

Ilmoran
Nov 8, 2006, 10:25 AM
How is it not rude to go ruin someone elses efforts to speed up your own attempts to get stuff? You saying that you're not going to spend the 15 minutes to do the run yourself says two things: A) You aren't very effective. A Mad Creatures C run shouldn't take 15 minutes. B) You think you are so much more important than other people that your time is more important than theirs. People don't leave their games open so that they can have high level people jump in and rush them through it before they can do everything in it; they leave the game open so they can meet fun people who actually want to level with them, not use them and throw them away.

Now, some of you have mentioned that you actually ask the party when you join. Good for you, that's being courteous, and perfectly fine. But the OP sounds like low level people are only there to taxi him through to his missions.

Polenicus
Nov 8, 2006, 10:36 AM
I usually solo to midbase. I can do it S-rank by myself, so no need to butt in on other's games. I have had one game where it was open, and I joined near the start, and the first message I got was 'Leave'. So I did. But for the most part, I'll join a group, say 'Hi', make some conversation (Usually wisecrack or whatnot) and things are normally good.

I'm not entitled to join a party, and if the game has a note like 'Lvl 20+ only' or 'Blahblah Clan' I'll keep out. Or if it's more than a few minutes in. Joining parties is a privilege. If I'm asked to leave, I'm gone. I always say 'Hi' (Even if you don't have a keyboard, the least you could do is create a 'Hi' macro, and a second one explaining you don't have a keyboard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ) and if you're going to join, then damn well contribute! Go with what the party is doing. If they're going for S-rank, the very least you could do is take the extra 2 mins it takes to clear all the mobs in the side areas. If you wanna just blow through fast, make your own game and advertise it in the party comment.

On the other side of the coin, if you create an open party, with no password and no note, and then someone joins, you've really got no business being pissy about it if they don't meet your criteria. Granted common courtesy requires they at least say 'Hi' and not actively screw up your S-rank, but beyond that if you don't like people who don't chat, put in the party comment 'Looking for players who'll talk to me' or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Polenicus on 2006-11-08 07:40 ]</font>

Para
Nov 8, 2006, 10:40 AM
Too many idiots like that. I've been booted like several times but thank god now I have my own group to level and get around with now.

Callous
Nov 8, 2006, 10:44 AM
You (thread creator) cannot possibly be serious. I mean, wow.

princejake2
Nov 8, 2006, 10:47 AM
I don't usually join missions to get to midpoint, I'll solo C myself. If I do though, I'm nice enough to help them and not just rush them. I don't want to be known as an asshole.

SailorDaravon
Nov 8, 2006, 10:49 AM
I'm high level, I just usually make a locked game and blow through it. If I do happen to join a game in progress, I make sure I don't go straight for the end and blow their rank though.

Trinitystar
Nov 8, 2006, 10:53 AM
Well I used to feel the same til I made a new toon and put lvl 10 max on the party, even saying if your over you get the boot lol only to have high lvls join as if I had not posted lvl 10 max. There is no way you can lvl if you 10 or under and a high lvl runs with you they kill everything before you can even hit it. So now when I need to get there with my main lvl 42 I look at the partys to see the lvls in them and pick one that has high lvls in it just doing the run there or I fight there solo 10mins at the most and all the items and money are main http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yoiyami
Nov 8, 2006, 11:44 AM
So...since you don't feel like doing the run on your own to get to field base, you expect lower level players to do it for you and think of them as assholes when they don't let you take advantage of them? It's your right and privilage as a higher level player to take up a space in their party and wait for them to do the work for you? And that's not rude or disrespectful to them in the least?

Yeaaah... If that's the case, then having the "Asshole" title has never felt so rewarding. I don't mind letting those who ask pass through with the party since they have some kind of decency and respect. It's our party, you're intruding with a rather selfish request so it's our decision to let you stay or not, you really can't blame anyone if you get booted. Stop being lazy. But I certainly would never hesitate to kick a person like you, really just for the hell of it if that's the way you're going to be.

I guess that makes me an even bigger asshole, in your logic. Proud to be one! ^_^

Eliash
Nov 8, 2006, 11:57 AM
Usually if I join a group to get a ride to the base I generally don't fight and act like a tank for the monsters to beat on while the low levels kill them. I tend not to pick up items, and if I have extra monomates and dimates I drop them for the low levels. I always ask if they mind me joining, if they do I leave.

Follow these steps and most people won't mind having you in the party, the only time I've been booted from a game was when I asked and they booted me just as I asked.

Ri0T
Nov 8, 2006, 11:58 AM
If you are level 10 going through mad creatures and we (we as in a high level) join just because we need to get to Raffon doesn't mean we are being rude. How else are we going to get there? We certainly don't want to make a game and take 15 minutes running through it when we could just get there in a snap. Honestly, if I join your game, and you boot me because you think it's innappropriate to hitch a ride just to get to raffon, then you're an asshole.

o.O Your reasoning makes me cry inside.

You need to get to Raffon. How else are you going to do it?

You can make your own game and run through it, but you don't want to bother with it and instead are relying on other people's kindness, right?

You are taking things for granted. You then say that they are the assholes? They are the ones playing the game originally. You are the one coming in and making demands.

Kaizah
Nov 8, 2006, 12:09 PM
Honestly it pisses me off. Not because they bum a ride but because they turn the game into hit the monsters before they kill 'em all. I agree there needs to be a solution to this for high lvls or ppl who have done the qst in general. but the fact of the matter is no matter how few rank pts. we get we are still trying to lvl up and any exp. is very much welcome. I suggest you ease up or fcuk off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaizah on 2006-11-08 09:13 ]</font>

Shinou
Nov 8, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ive been booted before. I into this lvl 30 newman forces game. It was on C mind you and I was there for about two minutes. Said hi and everything then he just boooted me for no reason. then another time i joined a low level game and the people were actually nice to let me explain to them that I was just gonna sit at the entrance and wait for them to finish.

Antagony
Nov 8, 2006, 12:35 PM
I read through this entire thread to make sure I understood the situation, and it seems that my initial feeling was correct.

You can't get upset at people for removing someone who joined uninvited to come take things that really should go to them since they were doing all the work.

This is absurd.

Ri0T
Nov 8, 2006, 12:38 PM
On 2006-11-08 09:35, Antagony wrote:
I read through this entire thread to make sure I understood the situation, and it seems that my initial feeling was correct.

You can't get upset at people for removing someone who joined uninvited to come take things that really should go to them since they were doing all the work.

This is absurd.

Indeed, sir.

Shinou
Nov 8, 2006, 12:38 PM

This is absurd.

Yeah true but some people will come and not do anything at all. Like me for example and still get boot'd so you cant necessarily say we all go in there just to kill their monsters.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 01:02 PM
dude if it takes you 15 minutes to get threw the meadows please quit now... it takes me 7 minutes if I actualy get every item and killevery moster, but if I make a B line it's like 4 minutes tops.

SpishackCola
Nov 8, 2006, 01:21 PM
I run a free train service to either Raffon, Tanze, Kugo when I'm trying to get to the field lobbies. Change the game name, comments section, and I even created two macros for it too. I think I'm having too much fun allowing people to just hitch a ride while I blaze through the initial mission lol

KirinDave
Nov 8, 2006, 02:44 PM
It's fine to hitch rides, but don't ruin the S-rank for that group if that's what they're going for. Generally, it's obvious that they are doing so.

If you want a fast ride, join games where the time is over 10:00 then help them finish. At least show some slight consideration for the other human beings playing the game, however hard that may be for you to do.

Bast
Nov 8, 2006, 02:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with a person keeping a mission open to party with people similar to his level. If just want to hitch a ride to goal and they say no and boot you, then that’s their right.

Perhaps they wanted to party with people who had the similar goals (get exp, S rank). Because honesty, if I was a level 10-15 character trying to meet people to party via an open mission and lets say a level 40 person came in because he wanted to blow through the mission because I was mid-mission, I would say “no.”

Some of the fun is the challenge of higher leveled mobs.

Garroway
Nov 8, 2006, 03:03 PM
I don't pick up hitchhikers either.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-11-08 06:20, Destin wrote:

If you want to get to the midbase so badly, why not contact some friends of yours (this is foolishly assuming you have any) and just have them invite you to their group if they're in the midbase. Then you can talk to the cast near the Flyer Base and BOOM! you're in the midbase, no rank ruined or newbie violated.

This is just my opinion, but do you have a 50ft chip permanently attached to your shoulder or are you like 15?

No. I'm an 18 year old Republican. Clear things up?

And you might find if you ever meet me ingame that I'm fun to play with and I have a lot friends. Just because I argue in these topics doesn't mean I don't understand that they are efficient ways to play.

When I make parties, I still put rares on random and items on turns. Why? Because I know people will actually join that way. So even though I've argued it before, I still understand the better way to do it.

I never did anything to you do deserve being insulted or degraded. Thanks but no thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-08 12:18 ]</font>

Pentence
Nov 8, 2006, 03:16 PM
I general speed through those too when i wwantto get to the midd point,but i always make it a point to kill EVERYTHING.I often go in and pwn a bunch of creatures that the lower lvls have goten hits on just to speed things up,this way we all get what we want they get s rank and exp andi getto where i am going fast.I think this should become common curtesy ,if your high lvl and want to get to the mid point ON ANY PLANET,just take a bit of time to help clear some mobs.If we all started doign this it would make things alot simpler and people would have no need to boot higher lvl players.

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 03:35 PM
I HATE STUPID NOOBS, But thank god the asian have there own server, cause they would control the game and the servers would also be full cause they dont do anything esle

tetsuo_3035
Nov 8, 2006, 03:38 PM
lol, in this game your gonna meet the asshole who will ust rush for the door and ruin your lower lvl rank.
personally i like to whip my pistol out and soften up the mosters for the lower lvls to kill off. its not that hard and if your so serious about this game that you cant take 5 minutes outta your day to help someone who isnt as good as yourself then you got a small issue...when you really think about it is it all that tough to just slap a few monsters and run a diff way for 30 seconds so your not ruining somene elses ability to play the game the way it was ment to be played?

Hustler_One
Nov 8, 2006, 03:53 PM
On 2006-11-08 01:11, daylight129 wrote:

On 2006-11-08 01:09, Superguppie wrote:

No.

Then it sucks to be you bud, its like everyone else has said. I ran Mad Creatures several times on my characters becacuse its decent exp, chance at some rares, and its not too tough. I ran it because I wanted to be a help, not a liability, in higher level missions, and when JohnnyMcShankerson comes into a game and blows straight through it wasting everything and ignoring side monsters I have a problem, im not getting exp, items, or money.

And im NOT going to password every single one of my runs because I may want people of MY level, who accually WANT to do the mission to its fullest to join. So, either dont be a tard about hitching rides, or find a new hobby, its not like there arent missions other than De Ragon.

And yes I relize all this has been said before but I figure the more people hear it, the more they might be inclined to listin.

Antagony
Nov 8, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-11-08 12:15, daylight129 wrote:

On 2006-11-08 06:20, Destin wrote:

No. I'm an 18 year old Republican. Clear things up?

And you might find if you ever meet me ingame that I'm fun to play with and I have a lot friends. Just because I argue in these topics doesn't mean I don't understand that they are efficient ways to play.

When I make parties, I still put rares on random and items on turns. Why? Because I know people will actually join that way. So even though I've argued it before, I still understand the better way to do it.

I never did anything to you do deserve being insulted or degraded. Thanks but no thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-08 12:18 ]</font>

While the "15 year old" remark is a bit of a low blow, there are really no insults in there. That's just someone who, like many others in this thread, feel that your sense of etiquette is very skewed.

Antagony
Nov 8, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-11-08 09:38, Shinou wrote:

This is absurd.

Yeah true but some people will come and not do anything at all. Like me for example and still get boot'd so you cant necessarily say we all go in there just to kill their monsters.

And I don't think anyone is saying that, Shinou. We are taking the original poster's words at face value. What you say is true, but that is a different matter.

KirinDave
Nov 8, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-11-08 12:15, daylight129 wrote:*

Are you surprised at the strong reaction you got? You opened up with a very aggressive thread in which you advocated something I'd definitely consider "selfish."

You opened up the can of insult worms, so it's kind of hard for us to take you seriously when you get sanctimonious with everyone. If you want civil threads, don't open up a flame thread.

klunka
Nov 8, 2006, 04:24 PM
Speaking as a lvl 30-something, most lower lvls don't mind being used as a bridge as long as you don't ruin their game.

Don't walk through spamming PAs killing everything before anyone else can touch it.

Don't make it a speed run and only kill necessary enemies so you can go fight the dragon quicker.

DO take the time to lvl your lower PAs with a really bad weapon equipped

DO try and level that resta a bit more, they'll appreciate it.

Apathy
Nov 8, 2006, 04:26 PM
I wish there was a friendly fire option to toggle. That way instead of giving someone the boot, my team and I can just shoot the interloper who dosent want to contribute to the fight. If the freeloader can actually wipe us all out, then sure, he can get his free ride then... Then its off to reassemble the party.

Hustler_One
Nov 8, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-11-08 13:26, Apathy wrote:
I wish there was a friendly fire option to toggle. That way instead of giving someone the boot, my team and I can just shoot the interloper who dosent want to contribute to the fight. If the freeloader can actually wipe us all out, then sure, he can get his free ride then... Then its off to reassemble the party.

.....That could be abused so horribly, yet at the same time could be funny as all hell.....

..................... Naaa, sounds too much like Diablo 2.... I always did dislike walking into a game and getting shanked by 5000 people for no reason.

Edit: Oops.... typos...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hustler_One on 2006-11-08 13:46 ]</font>

Apathy
Nov 8, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-11-08 13:45, Hustler_One wrote:

.....That could be abused so horribly, yet at the same time could be funny as all hell.....

..................... Naaa, sounds too much like Diablo 2.... I always did dislike walking into a game and getting shanked by 5000 people for no reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hustler_One on 2006-11-08 13:46 ]</font>

Yeah you have a point there..

P.S. ZOMG I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

Hustler_One
Nov 8, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-11-08 13:46, Apathy wrote:

On 2006-11-08 13:45, Hustler_One wrote:

Yeah you have a point there..

P.S. ZOMG I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!

>=) Pollux = teh ownage.

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 04:51 PM

No personal issues with you and all but I'd boot you in a heartbeat and only for that reason. Unless you want to clear the level normally with the rest. Heading for the end and ruining S rank and leaving people with C rank or whatever while you head off to Relic/Dragon/Unsafe A and get your S ranks is extremely selfish.

Takame
Nov 8, 2006, 04:53 PM
Ive been kicked in a game for blasting a mob once (110 damage with a C rank hangun) and then let it beat on me while others took it out. It really depends on people. Just don't be jerks and everything is dandy.

Ryogen
Nov 8, 2006, 05:05 PM
I don't agree with you. I'm a lvl 28. If your booted then you shouldn't complain, becuase it makes you look like the wuss and a**hole. Yeah you could take the shortcut, but your not the one putting their effort into making it to the base. It is rude of you to join. You could at least ask the party which would make things easier and more polite or pay them. But you bitching about you getting booted for taking a shortcut though a low level's fun is just pathethic as a high level player. Makes ya look like a chump.

So join the party, ask if you can. If you get the boot, shut up, go to a different universe and find another place. Don't come here and complain about it. If a person don't ask me then I will kick them.

Not trying to sound mean, but it's pathethic. Call the people who booted you a$$holes when your are the a$$ I'm looking at complaining. Don't be a jerk about things, if your booted look for another party. Ask the party if you can join so you can get to the base. It's not that hard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-08 14:06 ]</font>

Fuss
Nov 8, 2006, 05:12 PM
If a higher level tried to leech a quick ride through one of my games like this selfish daylight jerk does, I would not only boot him but blacklist him as well, so that I don't have to risk forgetting about him in the future and having a selfish arrogant prick in my party and going through the whole booting thing again.

Luckily I have always had enough friends on that playing in a public un-passworded game has never come up.

justbrak
Nov 8, 2006, 05:57 PM
I saw a great way that someone got through to the field base. They set the mission up and left it open and inviting for others to join. They did and ran through the mission with glee as the higher level person went afk and just caught up at the end. looked like a happy moment for all that were involved. (my role? I had hopped in as a high level to hitch a ride and level up my new pa on a $300 knife. Fun times.)

-Ryuki-
Nov 8, 2006, 06:25 PM
I hitch rides all the time. No one has booted me yet. The only time I've been booted, were from games that people thought I'd be incapable of helping due to be a few lvls lower. My equipment should speak for itself, as well as skill from PSO and other MMO's, but no, they assume I'm a newbie.

Anyway, I normally welcome anyone who hitches a ride with me (I do rush to FB ever so often, and don't care who joins). It makes the trip less lonely =)

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 06:41 PM
When I enter games that are 3rd block, I certainly don't rush to ruin their rank. Of course I help them kill all the monsters in that last area. So how am I being selfish, with a shortcut wide open, why not take it?

The most successful people in the world have most likely cheated in one form or another to obtain their status. This is different. What harm am I doing to the party just by joining in a spot that was not filled for the last 30 seconds of the mission?

I can see how people ruining your rank would be somewhat of a bother, but really, PW your games then. I see lots of PW'd games, join the club. This goes back to my give finder topic.

I'm more angry that they left it open for me to join and get kicked, rather than just PWing it. Just like in my item distribution topic, I was mad that people come in and try to make me change the item setting and bitch at me if I don't do so, rather than just not joining at all or leaving.

Where am I being selfish by telling people to make smart decisions? You should probably be more on topic than trying to be presumptious of my character and none of you really know me anyway. I didn't insult anyone specifically with my topic. So don't say I did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-08 15:45 ]</font>

Cross
Nov 8, 2006, 07:00 PM
Joining a game so that you can let a party who's already doing the missions shortcut you through? Nothing wrong with that, period.

Being level 20+, joining a game where the other players are around 10, and actually killing the enemies in the mission, and making a beeline for the exit without letting them get S-Rank? You're an asshole, and fuck off.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 07:03 PM
Do you read anything I type? I said that I don't do that. Honestly, take a chill pill.

Cross
Nov 8, 2006, 07:06 PM
So... If you don't do that, then I wasn't talking to or about you in particular, and any harsh words I have don't apply. I should think that would be obvious.

Nicoledramon
Nov 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
I find it hysterical that you start out by calling people assholes, then cry the victim when people respond to you in the tone that you posted.

You're right, we don't know you. We can only judge you by how you present yourself.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 07:08 PM
Your last sentence was "You're an asshole, fuck off". How is it supposed to be interpreted over the intranetters you say? Read it from my shoes.

Cross
Nov 8, 2006, 07:09 PM
Typically I'd recommend reading more than the last sentence of a post before taking it to heart.

But, then, you know, I'm crazy like that.

wrentypo
Nov 8, 2006, 07:10 PM
I don't know why people care so much about it. Leaders are leaders for a reason, because they want to be in control. If you don't like people hitching on, you can boot them at you leisure. If you want to be in control, make your own party and lock it. Personally, I make my own party about 75% of the time.

...and I boot Republicans and evangelical Christians. They seem to be very vocal on PSU 360, for some crazy reason.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:07, Nicoledramon wrote:
I find it hysterical that you start out by calling people assholes, then cry the victim when people respond to you in the tone that you posted.

You're right, we don't know you. We can only judge you by how you present yourself.

I'm not crying victim to anything. Quote me. And Cross, I did read the entire post, all 4 lines of it. It can be interpreted as a personal attack, just because you don't see it means nothing. Not like any of this matters...

Ugh, you are all so frustrating! ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-08 16:13 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 8, 2006, 07:15 PM
PSOW drama. Such a loving world <3

-Shimarisu-
Nov 8, 2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for this thread anyway, people joining my quick C rank rushes through to outpost have ACTUALLY STARTED SAYING HI, AND THANKING ME.

Ironically they are all usually lowbies and I'm level 40.

-Ryuki-
Nov 8, 2006, 07:30 PM
I always thank people who's games I join. It's curteous. I even tell people as soon as I join, that I'm hitching a ride, and they give me the "go-ahead" to stay.

ZiG
Nov 8, 2006, 09:30 PM
The absolute best part about this original post is:

"(Just happened to me btw)"

...as if we're supposed to be like "ZOMG NOWAI! The audacity! The horror!"

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 09:36 PM
geeze at 13 or so I was solo dashing thru mad creatures to get to the base. At 40 everything should die in there in about 1 hit. Make your own game and go for it. Don't cause extra problems by forcing your view on people 30 levesl lower than you.

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 09:41 PM
If I join any game, I help get the best rank I can. Hitching a ride is lazy. I would never boot someone for hitching a ride of course, unless I knew them to do the Beeline. If you're gonna get a ride, help kill stuff. I've never seen anyone try to skip monsters though. I also try to join at least B-Ranks, it doesn't take much longer than C-Rank at all and you get better exp plus you're not stealing it by killing things too quickly. Not everyone is you and not everyone does what you do. You would do well to remember that.

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:30, ZiG wrote:
The absolute best part about this original post is:

"(Just happened to me btw)"

...as if we're supposed to be like "ZOMG NOWAI! The audacity! The horror!"

Yeah, that's exactly what I intended for you to think.

/sarcasm

DoctorShasta
Nov 8, 2006, 10:35 PM
I don't really care when high levels come as long as they don't steal the exp or just run to the end. As far as I can tell its not much of a problem. If they start stealing exp or beeling just boot them.

ryuartyi
Nov 8, 2006, 10:47 PM
If I ever joined a low level Mad Monsters level, I stand back and watch the low levels fight. I even heal them if they need more HP.

-Ryuki-
Nov 8, 2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, when I join low-lvled games, I let them do the killing. I'll either follow, or just wait. Sometimes, I join games that end as soon as I join, so it's a free ride nonetheless. Call it lazy, but when you're trying to meet up with friends in Field Base, you kind of have that urge to not make them wait.

Fuss
Nov 9, 2006, 12:50 AM
What I have a major problem with is the fact that the leech (daylight) keeps saying that if people don't want leeches in their games (stealing a party slot that could be used for someone of appropriate level at best, and stealing exp from the other rightful party members at worst) then they should password the game....

Think about that for a moment... Its so ridiculous.

These are low level players you are talking about and might be new to the game. Maybe they want to leave it open to meet people to adventure with. Its extremely unfair and deserves blacklisting for you to be using them at the expense of their exp, rank, and the fun of playing the game properly.

As I stated previously I have never played in a game that wasn't passworded because I have the luxury of having friends on PSU from PSO, FFXI, and WoW, so I can have a full 6 person party at all times without inviting the public, but that's not going to help the people whose first online RPG is PSU is it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-08 21:54 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 9, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-11-08 21:50, Fuss wrote:
What I have a major problem with is the fact that the leech (daylight) keeps saying that if people don't want leeches in their games (stealing a party slot that could be used for someone of appropriate level at best, and stealing exp from the other rightful party members at worst) then they should password the game....

Think about that for a moment... Its so ridiculous.

These are low level players you are talking about and might be new to the game. Maybe they want to leave it open to meet people to adventure with. Its extremely unfair and deserves blacklisting for you to be using them at the expense of their exp, rank. And the fun of playing the game properly.

As I stated previously I have never played in a game that wasn't passworded because I have the luxury of having friends on PSU from PSO, FFXI, and WoW, so I can have a full 6 person party at all times without inviting the public, but that's not going to help the people whose first online RPG is PSU is it?

I think you're being a little unreasonable here. If people wanted to avoid high lvls from hitchin' a ride, or 'rushing' as I call it, password it. There ARE nice people who wouldn't take the kills for the lower lvls who MADE the game, to gain exp. There ARE also rude people, who go around killing everything and preventing new players from lvling.

Blacklisting someone just because they rush is stupid. Blacklisting someone because they steal kills, is stupid. Blacklisting someone who harasses you or another player, isn't.

Did I make myself clear?

Genobee
Nov 9, 2006, 01:00 AM
Ok so joining a low levels game and killing all his monsters so get gets no exp, or either skippng most of the monsters so you can get to the feild base and wrecking their rank and they should lock their games if they do not want this happening and they are an asshole for kicking you? Yea please die you douche bag we can use less of you in the game.

Even if you tag along in a game now killing any thing your still stupid because A your wasting a slot and B it would take shorter time for you to run it by your self then wait for them to kill it.

Fuss
Nov 9, 2006, 01:02 AM
Directed at ryukizero:

Did you make yourself clear? No. Please explain how a new player will meet new people in a passworded room. At that point you will have made yourself clear. Blacklisting is perfectly reasonable for people like this because you dont want to risk having them join your party at a later date under some new character name.

And im NOT just talking about people that "rush" or "beeline" so dont think your a saint. You're stealing a party spot that could have been used for a proper member.

So next time before asking if you have made yourself clear, try to make a statement you have put thought into so as to avoid the embarrassment after.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-08 22:04 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 9, 2006, 01:15 AM
What exactly is 'proper', when people normally just join a party in hopes to lvl, regardless of lvl? As long as there's slots open, they join. If people join parties at ALL, good for them. People have their reasons. Some people, just have BETTER reasons.

I don't think I'm a saint, and I rush because I choose to. Sure, it's lazy, but the whole point of rushing is to get to Field Base so I can meet up with people. Besides, I normally end up being the 6th member anyway, so 1 person isn't going to make a difference, ESPECIALLY if you're the kind that doesn't ruining their game.

My statements have already been mentioned, so I don't see or feel any embarassment from this.

Minswune
Nov 9, 2006, 01:18 AM
Skipped through the 6 pages of text <.<

However; lowbies booting high levels from parties can be understandable, however; if both (or more) of the people have mic's, a compromise can be reached.

IE- I'm a level 47 newman force, i'd use to piggy back off a lowbie pt, fly through, kill everything, and be done asap. Never bothered to think of the lowbies. Recently, i've began a second character (22 Beast), and had a high person join my mad creatures C run (i was 5~ at the time), and was about to boot him, because i didnt want him to do what i used to do (Shame on me), but first, my group asked if the guy who joined if he would mind not killing everything, as we would like exp, and he understood and waited patiently, hell, he even healed the group http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

In short, lowbies boot people who fly through and ruin exp and such, if both parties have a mic, simply ask one another if they're ok with you killing/not killing mobs, and go from there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fuss
Nov 9, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-11-08 22:15, RyukiZero wrote:
I normally end up being the 6th member anyway, so 1 person isn't going to make a difference,

Congratulations, because you were the 6th and final member, you just effectively locked out all further players of the proper level from joining and enjoying a game so that you could save yourself a minute or two. Whether or not you feel it will make a difference isnt relevant to anyone that matters in that party. They are playing the mission for fun and you are playing the mission for laziness so you dont have a say in what their party is made of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-08 22:26 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 9, 2006, 01:25 AM
Which is what I do (minus the mic). I compromise.

Fuss
Nov 9, 2006, 01:49 AM
On 2006-11-08 20:03, RyukiZero wrote:
Call it lazy, but when you're trying to meet up with friends in Field Base, you kind of have that urge to not make them wait.

I just realized you dont know about the warp NPC...

I thought that because you claimed you were a high level player (by referring to the other players as "low level" in relation to yourself) that you were well versed in the game of PSU.

If you are trying to meet up with your friends in field base they can invite you from the feild base and you just talk to the pink android lady by the entrance to mad creatures C and she warps you to field base. so theres no need to spoil the fun of others.

And knowing is half the battle...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-08 22:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-08 22:52 ]</font>

KazeSin
Nov 9, 2006, 02:09 AM
bleh, quit complaining lazy ppl. It's his party. He kicks who he wants.

-Ryuki-
Nov 9, 2006, 02:28 AM
'Course, 'course. Not many people know that, though, so you can't blame them.