PDA

View Full Version : A remake of forest would kick a lot of ass.

Marks
Nov 8, 2006, 04:27 AM
Forest 1,2, and dragon. With all the boomas and everything. Updated with PSU's engine. That would rock.

BloodDragoon
Nov 8, 2006, 04:30 AM
Adding Endless Nightmare missions would be better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 04:36 AM
Quit reminiscing and L2PSU.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 04:53 AM
/cry you mean a stage that was good for a force to lvl in..... oh but that would require the old good techs also... what we have now just sucks.

Midicronica
Nov 8, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-11-08 01:53, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
/cry you mean a stage that was good for a force to lvl in..... oh but that would require the old good techs also... what we have now just sucks.

Lvl 30 Gifoie, how I loved thee...

Sinue_v2
Nov 8, 2006, 04:57 AM
I would rather see a 3D and fully realized Baya Malay tower... but meh

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 05:07 AM
I was more of a rafoi/rabarta/razonde person for each of the respective weaknesses of the guys there but I did use gifoi back on gamecube days becuase I was a fomar, but in blue burst I was a fonewearl.

I used barta alot too actually with her.

but hey atleast we can toss giant rock balls now and kill one guy at at time if they dont move/jump out of the way or it flys over there head :/

Solo its not too bad somtimes you can kinda keep your distance and strafe to aim, annoying and time consuming but doable but when you have 2 or more people taking agro, and pushing mobs around everywhere aiming with these techs is damn near impossible.

Kou-Diacyper
Nov 8, 2006, 05:16 AM
I want another beach level.

Brus
Nov 8, 2006, 06:35 AM
On 2006-11-08 01:57, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I would rather see a 3D and fully realized Baya Malay tower... but meh

On that note, A fully remade Nurvus would be hilarious for some kicks. remade song and all.

AkiraXxx
Nov 8, 2006, 06:39 AM
There needs to be a gauntlet, were you go from the first floor down to like the 50th, no leaving the quest once your in, and theres only 5 PP stations that are only good for 1 use per player. And at the bottom is a boss like falz which is strong as hell. And IF, IF you beat it then you get some special items. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

One can only dream...

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 07:14 AM
That would be nice. At the very least, they could do missions like the multi-trial story ones.

Zabot
Nov 8, 2006, 08:30 AM
It would be pretty sweet if they added the planet from PSO. OMG I FORGOT THE NAME, but oh well. yea, that would be tight, to add the who planet, but its like desertet, and you go through,IDK i think it would be awsome.

Peace

Para
Nov 8, 2006, 08:32 AM
A remake of Subterranean Desert would pwn more.

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 08:53 AM
On 2006-11-08 05:30, Zabot wrote:
It would be pretty sweet if they added the planet from PSO. OMG I FORGOT THE NAME, but oh well. yea, that would be tight, to add the who planet, but its like desertet, and you go through,IDK i think it would be awsome.

Peace

Ragol.

Didn't care too much about forest. It was always that only area people who do in PSOGC if no one had Mines open. I'd love to have the jungle back, just for the BGM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Nov 8, 2006, 08:54 AM
just any sort of snow level with falling snow for me. i wish for that for several years by now...

hypersaxon
Nov 8, 2006, 10:21 AM
They should make the entirety of PSOBB levels available on Marketplace, I'd so pay for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You'd play them by going to the mission area on Guardian Colony that takes you to the hive, or as it says in-game, to "other colonies" they could just throw Ragol on there lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hypersaxon on 2006-11-08 07:22 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Nov 8, 2006, 10:29 AM
I have to agree that it would kick a whole lot of ass. Along with any other level from PSO. Been thinking about that for quite some time now. Hell, they could even make all the enemies reskins of other psu enemies... I don't even care at this point! Bring on more recycled content! o_o

Jiga
Nov 8, 2006, 11:26 AM
that's how i envisioned Neudaiz would be. Since Parum sounded like Parma and Mootoab (sp?) looks kinda similar to Mota and neudaiz... ok I'll stfu now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jiga on 2006-11-08 08:26 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 8, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-11-08 03:35, Brus wrote:
On that note, A fully remade Nurvus would be hilarious for some kicks. remade song and all.This.

Para
Nov 8, 2006, 11:57 AM
On 2006-11-08 05:54, rena-ko wrote:
just any sort of snow level with falling snow for me. i wish for that for several years by now...

Neudaiz with Ice Contamination to a greater extent?

Nuclearranger
Nov 8, 2006, 12:01 PM
It would be nice but unless it was on the disk we wont get it due to the PS2......
Allthough if enough people bug sega about it the expantion might include that!

Pikku
Nov 8, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-11-08 02:16, Kou-Diacyper wrote:
I want another beach level.

I sure dont... I hated most of the stages of Episode II...

I would like to see a remake of Forest and Mines. Of course remix the music a bit for them both.

Also they should make some Disc Items so we can play some cool music lol

EDIT: NO BURNING RANGERS! PLEASE NO!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pikku on 2006-11-08 09:23 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 8, 2006, 12:26 PM
They could use level models from PSO and just rearrange them for new levels with parts of the old looks. That would be awesome. Would outdo the level design they currently have. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But alas, unless its hidden away on that install disc we wont be seeing any of that.

Jiga
Nov 8, 2006, 12:32 PM
On 2006-11-08 09:01, NuclearRanger wrote:
It would be nice but unless it was on the disk we wont get it due to the PS2......

Locked Content Haters please read. Hate the player (PS2), not the game (PSU). We will never have a true PS MMO.

tetsuo_3035
Nov 8, 2006, 12:46 PM
lol, this game started off console...it will always be a consol game not to mention we got hard drives and i pods i see no reason extra content shouldnt be available because of the fact we got ps2's in here

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 12:52 PM
how is parum noy like forest 1 and 2?

entropyboy
Nov 8, 2006, 01:05 PM
frankly the current levels are better then the old ones, at least if you break away from the endless dragon grind runs and play a real planet (neudiaz).

more variety will come in time, but it would be cool at some time in the future if maybe we got a "virtual" training ground based on the original PSO levels.

i dont care that we will only have 3 planets and a space station, but i would like to see more environmental variety; deserts, plains, forests, mountains, beaches, undersea, swamp, destroyed cities, ancient temples, mines/caves, derelect spacecraft, etc etc

AeraLure
Nov 8, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-11-08 10:05, entropyboy wrote:
frankly the current levels are better then the old ones,

How? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif More attention to little details, color, variation in Forest, sky changes, rain in Ultimate, larger variety in room scenery and objects, lighting effects. Neudaiz is pretty the first couple times through and then its overall complete sameness starts to show through, to my eye anyway. SEGA used to put all sorts of visual surprises and variations into level design. I miss things like that.

SkeeUK
Nov 8, 2006, 04:04 PM
well, there was always something special about doing a forest run to level up

Zorafim
Nov 8, 2006, 04:29 PM
I'd like some stereotypical levels from the older PS games. A mines like area, for instance, would be neat. The HIVE is close enough to the area before Falz in PSIV, though I don't like how loud the music is, and I also dislike its disturbing lack of random eyeballs on the wall. They have Mota covered via motoob (however it's spelled), and Dezo covered via ice contamination (especially the Perfect Zero free mission), so that's a start.

Come to think about it, they do have alot of areas covered... No real reason to complain. I guess I can moan about not having a water level and go on my way.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-11-08 12:56, AeraLure wrote:

On 2006-11-08 10:05, entropyboy wrote:
frankly the current levels are better then the old ones,

How? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif More attention to little details, color, variation in Forest, sky changes, rain in Ultimate, larger variety in room scenery and objects, lighting effects. Neudaiz is pretty the first couple times through and then its overall complete sameness starts to show through, to my eye anyway. SEGA used to put all sorts of visual surprises and variations into level design. I miss things like that.

What game are you palying? Forest never changed. it was the same set up every time, you just came from a diffrent direction. Actualy Parum changes the maps once an a while. All forest was is textures placed basic objects, atleast parum has grass.

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 06:08 PM
On 2006-11-08 09:32, Jiga wrote:

On 2006-11-08 09:01, NuclearRanger wrote:

Locked Content Haters please read. Hate the player (PS2), not the game (PSU). We will never have a true PS MMO.

No hate Sega for not supporting the HDD. Hate sony for not having interest in thier own product.

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 06:15 PM
Why dont we all just take a shit on forest? wouldnt that be nice too!!!!

Itoshi
Nov 8, 2006, 07:12 PM
On 2006-11-08 15:15, Razorback wrote:
Why dont we all just take a shit on forest? wouldnt that be nice too!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaatt??

Inazuma
Nov 8, 2006, 07:54 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if ragol was already on the disc. lots of music from pso is there, so why not the areas to go w/ it. just give it some time and maybe sega will release old levels in content updates.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
why don't you go play PSO if you wanna see the Forest and it's crappiness.

VanHalen
Nov 8, 2006, 08:17 PM
yeah that would be fun to fly to Ragol and fight there but i dont want to go back to episode 2 stages too many traps and invisble robots for my taste