PDA

View Full Version : In this topic, we plan my future PM

Zorafim
Nov 8, 2006, 05:32 PM
It seems like it's just as easy to buy something online as it is to synth something, so the real benefits of synthing would be to save money and to add elements. I want my main character's PM to be a 430 because of its look, but I also want a PM that's good at synthing striking weapons. As such, it seems like I'll have to make two PMs. I see no real reason to synth ranged or casting PMs, since nothing can really be gained by sything them other than a smaller meseta cost. I don't think I'll miss not being able to synth defensive gear much, either.

So, I figure I'll make a 430 with my main character, and make a mule just for leveling a 410. This way, I'll be able to synth weapons of my desired element when on hunter, and just buy other types of weapons off of stores when leveling other jobs. This leaves two extra character slots to do with as I please.

Are there any flaws in my logic, or should I write this down?

AeraLure
Nov 8, 2006, 05:51 PM
Suppose not, except you just want to be aware of:

1. Some items for each synth type are eventually only going to be able to be synthed (or purchased from a player) and never from an NPC. Those items will command the best value and be probably a little pricy (at least more so than things you get from NPCs). You may wish to be able to synth that type on your own for your chosen main character. If it is Striking and Ranged types, then you have it covered, its just that some Tech weapons and Armors might be a tad costly to buy if you want to go for the highest end.

2. PMs in combat. Might wish to choose a PM type that works well with your character in combat and the best for a Hunter might be a 450 so you have a portable healer running along with you. The best for a Force might be a 410 or a 420. Doesnt sound like you have taken that into consideration. Its not necessary to, nor is it written in stone that a Hunter needs a 450, its just pretty nifty if they have one.

Take the above only with a grain of salt mind you, since you dont need to follow any prescribed PM development plan, and a Hunter with a 410 or a 430 might indeed be fun. 450's are also the most expensive and challenging to actually make and you may not wish to. Who knows how much items that can never be found in NPC shops will actually cost - might as you say be a non-issue at that point. All simply provided as food for thought for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-08 14:56 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 8, 2006, 06:13 PM
I'm thinking of my main PM just as something to look at when I go into my room. I agree that having a healbot may be nice, but I'm sure as time goes on, using those trimates may not be such a big deal. I'm also sure that the items I'm not going to be able to synth will get pricey, but I plan on leveling all the hunter classes before any ranged or casting classes anyway. I should have accumulated enough funds by then. The armory may be a bigger deal, though, since its something that hunters tend to enjoy having both due to stats and higher level slots. I may have to bite the bullet on this one, but I've always considered having a weapon more important than having armor. (What does a pure armor PM turn into, anyway?)

One other thing, I just got a 430 offline. Is it possible to change her name? If so, how?

Tomeeboy
Nov 8, 2006, 06:15 PM
I'm raising a 450 for my hunter, as it sounds like it will be fairly helpful. I'm using the 'quick' method that basically will produce a 450 (tech PM) that is primarily Strk for production, as I'd like to be able to synth weapons at a decent success rate as well.