PDA

View Full Version : I'm having money troubles and I could use some advice.

Phaze37
Nov 8, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'm a level 20 HUcast, and I'm using 3 star weapons and armour, and I have 16000 meseta in my bank. I see alot of players at my level using equipment that I can't even come close to being able to afford. What am I doing wrong? Why do I have such little money compared to other players at my level? Is it because I don't sell my spare items? I feed most of my spare items to my PM. Is it because I hang on to materials I find instead of selling them? I keep my materials in case I need them later on, or I use them for synthesis. Am I not playing high enough missions? I've been doing mostly B rank dragon and relic runs lately. Am I spending too much money on equipment? I've been buying most of my equipment in player shops for half the price that they sell at in NPC shops or less, and I've been careful not to buy too much. Am I spending too much money refilling my PP? I tend to use up most of my PP for all 6 weapons in a B run, and refills tend to cost about 150 meseta each time. Is it because I play in games with random/turn loot settings instead of ninja looting in games set to give finder? I've never once played a give finder game. Is it because I never solo? I usually play in games with at least 3 other players, so the money gets divided between at least 4 people.

I'd like to know how other players are earning so much more money than me. Does anyone have any tips for me for earning money? Now that I'm level 20 I want an SUV weapon and an armour with an Extra slot, but I'm nowhere close to being able to afford them.

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 05:53 PM
You have 16k in bank? You only need 6k more for SUVs. Go do some relics or dragon runs.
And I think those people probably make thier money by synthing, and selling excess stuff.

McLaughlin
Nov 8, 2006, 05:55 PM
Playing in Give Finder would definitely help, because both Random and Set Order count meseta as an item, so someone usually gets screwed over every game. I also tend to synth most of my stuff, because it tends (for me) to be cheaper than buying the finished product from either an NPC or a Player Shop.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 05:56 PM
there not they sything weapons, it's only 4 k for B rank weapons boards, It's actualy extremly dumb to by Melee weapons from the shop.

Reeses
Nov 8, 2006, 05:56 PM
I was the same way at lvl 20. Alot of my friends that were 'rich' with me synthed alot of their weapons. Once I hit 30 i was on top of the pack tho. Runs give you alot more money and you can spend it how u wish. As a level thirty-seven I:

A) Spend half to ALL of my money on clothes... i know its a bad habit...
B) Have Equal or better weapons and armor as my teamates...
&
C) I purchase random things from player shops for no reason... i.e. Sunflowers... i have 6? >.>

Once you get to the Rank A missions you'll notice your just fine with weps/armor/etc. BTW, i play the SAME way you do...

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 05:57 PM
People don't buy armor from shops me thinks. I didn't buy mine, I made it. The next best thing now would cost 18,000. It would only cost 9k to make the same thing. Thats what people are doing. I didn't buy my spear(4*), I made it and that only costed 3,000 and the thing is 8k. A lot of times the NPC shots are more of a rip off lol. Just look at a wep/armor you want, look for the board and check the materials, fair chance you have them anyway, if not may only need to buy 1 or 2 of them. and hope your PM is well varsed in the synth type http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

Phaze37
Nov 8, 2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, I only need 6k more for an SUV, but that would be ALL of my money, and I would be completely broke.

jimmer411
Nov 8, 2006, 05:58 PM
I had money problems up till around level 20 as well. Thats when you really start to roll in the cash since you can do relic runs very fast with a party of LV20+ and the exp is good. My advice is get a 3* weapon and grind it to +5 and go from there. I was making around 2500 per run just off meseta drops and mission bonus, then you could sell the items that you collect.

Alternatively you could open up a shop and sell those synth materials below NPC selling price and make a killing.

I make 20k a day doing relic runs, could have made more if I stuck with it. Now I make 30k+ a day easy doing Dragon B runs.

Just keep at it and buy things 1 at a time and keep in mind that a high grinded 3* weapon will last till 5* easy.

Phaze37
Nov 8, 2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I should probably be synthesizing more of my items, but the problem is that my PM is only level 5 because I can't afford to buy items specifically to feed him, and the only reason he's level 5 is because I've started creating characters and giving their starting equipment to my PM. I synthesized the Busterline that I'm currently using, but the best deal I could find for the nanocarbons I needed were still expensive, and it was a big investment. It costed me about half as much to synthesize as it would have costed to buy a brand new busterline from the NPC armour store, but it only had a 50% chance of succeeding. Thankfully the synthesis was successful, but if it wasn't I would have been better off just buying it from the store.

Ryogen
Nov 8, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-11-08 14:57, Phaze37 wrote:
Yes, I only need 6k more for an SUV, but that would be ALL of my money, and I would be completely broke.

There is nothing wrong with being completely broke as long as you know that what you buy will help you make more.

jimmer411
Nov 8, 2006, 06:32 PM
do relic C runs solo on universe 2. I normally get the same map there and there is 5 boxes that always have nanosilca and often have atleast 1 nanocarbon. just do that over and over till you have the materials you need, also you will end up making quite a bit of money and collecting alot of synth materials.

my PM is only lvl 13 now, and ive synthed almost everything that i have. most of it was done when my PM was lvl 2. just stick with it and buy the items that benefit you most.