PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 community pronouced dead on Wednesday, Novermer 8th

ProfessorZ
Nov 8, 2006, 06:10 PM
LOL only two people on my friends list are playing another game out of 21 people. Everyone else is playing Gears of War. There are only 2 universes that have more than 4 stars. If content isn't released soon this game is gonna be dead before it even started.

jimmer411
Nov 8, 2006, 06:13 PM
At 12:00PST most kids are in school. That would account for the lack of people online. Check at 4pm PST and watch the number of people double. Its like that in all games, but consoles tend to have a younger audience, being grade/middle/high school and college.

ProfessorZ
Nov 8, 2006, 06:17 PM
Its 3:00 now and it still looks the same

PJesus
Nov 8, 2006, 06:18 PM
Gears of War is going to smash PSU by ridiculous amounts, unfortunantly. With the lack of content, I myself am even going to be going to Gears of War until SEGA can get their act together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJesus on 2006-11-08 15:19 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 8, 2006, 06:22 PM
Don't you mean your friends list is dead? It's pretty live on PSU, but I can't wait to get Gears of War though.

McOwned
Nov 8, 2006, 06:25 PM
On 2006-11-08 15:18, PJesus wrote:
Gears of War is going to smash PSU by ridiculous amounts, unfortunantly. With the lack of content, I myself am even going to be going to Gears of War until SEGA can get their act together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJesus on 2006-11-08 15:19 ]</font>

Ditto, big time.

McLaughlin
Nov 8, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah, are you on crack? The first 3 servers are full, as always.

Mystil
Nov 8, 2006, 06:29 PM
I feel that PSU isn't going to be a big draw in even with full content. I think it's the fault of the PSOGC. People are just tired of PS online gaming.

xFuZioN
Nov 8, 2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, Im playing Gears of War until the content update.

Kindaichi
Nov 8, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yea im sad to see that im getting bored of psu with only a week of playing >< Don't think ill be playing for super long time maybe 2 months at most. Yea and my friend has gears and omg it rules! Little gory though.

Blenjar
Nov 8, 2006, 07:00 PM
I bet no one will play PSU on E-Day. If they own GoW.

-- Blen

CrazySwayzee
Nov 8, 2006, 07:28 PM
Sega is really going to have to turn the volume up to 11 (out of 10) if they want the PSU Xbox 360 community to survive.

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 07:48 PM
well the 360 communtiy is tiny compared to the others, maybe not ps2, but for a stand alone server on system that is mostly bought by little kids who dont want to pay for play so brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 8, 2006, 07:50 PM
PSU dropped $10 in price over at BestBuy this same week Gears dropped:
Link (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8103447&st=phantasy+star+universe&type=product&id=1158318842108)

People can do whatever they want though; the less fickle people online the better.

Playing 100 hours+ in a week and a few days burning themselves out of the first $10 worth of content is their own fault.

cobfab
Nov 8, 2006, 07:50 PM
Even if they did bring it back alive after people get tired of Gears of War, when Lost Planet is out, it'll die back down again.

A2K
Nov 8, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-11-08 15:26, Zeta wrote:
Yeah, are you on crack? The first 3 servers are full, as always.

It looks more like two-and-a-half now. It's no big deal, though. I imagine the US PS2 base would have experienced a somewhat similar drop when FFXI came out. These first few weeks the userbase (on all platforms) will rise and fall, and probably gradually decrease over time, as is the case with most titles. Except for a select few (Halo 2, Counter-Strike, the like) that have their large hardcore base still playing.

I was (and still am) rather annoyed by the lack of cross-platform play between the two. If nothing else a combined server set up would eliminate that particular talking point a lot of the rampant fanboys go on about. Not that anything's going to completely cure that particular plague.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-11-08 18:34 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 8, 2006, 09:46 PM
PSU will be dead on the 360 in about 4 months. And the japanese players wont waiste time on the 360 psu either. Theres just to many other incredibly great games comming out for the 360 for people to stick to psu and keep paying an additional 10 bucks a month.

From what I hear Gears of War is fukin amazing but is really short, kinda wish I still had the 360. But hell thats what the ps3 is for.

ShinMaruku
Nov 8, 2006, 10:00 PM
It's all thta fee and lest be serious Gears Crushes this game. That game was made with care, this? Hell no.
Gears deserves the numbers right now.

DoubleJG
Nov 8, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:50, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

People can do whatever they want though; the less fickle people online the better.

Playing 100 hours+ in a week and a few days burning themselves out of the first $10 worth of content is their own fault.

Agreed.

Jinto117
Nov 9, 2006, 12:32 AM
Well how can you be a gamer and not at least try Gears of War I say. I'll play it but that doesn't mean I'm abandoning PSU for good. The same thing will happen when Halo 3 comes around. Except in Halo 3's case I'll be gone for quite awhile.

jnblz316
Nov 9, 2006, 12:39 AM
I think you're just looking for a reason for PSU to fail. I played Gears of War today and played some PSU and still saw the first 3 universes full. This is just a topic to bash this game that's all.

Chaobo99
Nov 9, 2006, 12:50 AM
some of you guys are talking about content when the game hasn't been out at least a FULL month yet?
neways...did you check at 6:30 pm (pacific time me) the servers are full, UNIVERSE 1 and 2 are usually unaccessible...neways..most of my firnds come on 5:00pm plus..

KirinDave
Nov 9, 2006, 12:59 AM
Does every online game have to be so huge and popular that it becomes the next WoW? What's wrong with playing GoW on the side? PSU is what it is, I can keep playing FFXII and GoW and still enjoy and play PSU.

Somtimes I think that most gamers have no sense of balance when it comes to games. We tend to ride them into the ground, until we can't stand them anymore. It's much more rewarding, to me anyways, to juggle a few games around.

perdition
Nov 9, 2006, 03:37 AM
Gears of war looks amazing, I can't blame ppl for ditching PSU for that game. I play on ps2 but in all honesty Idk if I'll continue it was so easy for FFXII to totally snatch my will to play PSU away lol. and the reason I seem to be losing interest isn't because I've lvled and gotten through all the content (Only lvl 13) it's because although the game can be fun, it seems like it shoots itself in the foot as far as replayability, and it's means of communicating with other players is borderline archaic.

Ecstasy
Nov 9, 2006, 08:32 AM
Want to hear something funny? gears of war has WAY more content the PSU, and you don't pay $10 a month for it.

Shye
Nov 9, 2006, 08:58 AM
On 2006-11-09 05:32, Ecstasy wrote:
Want to hear something funny? gears of war has WAY more content the PSU, and you don't pay $10 a month for it.

And it was all available when you opened the package. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shye on 2006-11-09 05:59 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 9, 2006, 10:53 AM
I still don't get it. Why does playing another game mean PSU is dead to you? Like ZOMG GoW is another repetitive twist on an FPS concept. It's a good game, but it's not exactly long-term play potential.

A game doesn't have to rape your life like some kind of tentacle monster in order for it to be a success. That kind of mentality is why EA Games still exists, and it's shameful.

Thrash777
Nov 9, 2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I agree with you Kirin... Sure GoW is a great game, but that doesn't mean people are gonna abandon PSU. I reckon there is gonna be a drop in people for the next 2 weeks, then the update is out, but then it'll drop again for christmas, then it'll rise again after a few weeks into Jan. but then it will take a major drop when Halo 3 comes out.

But in the end, people are gonna want to get their moneys worth out of their GL, and will always end up coming back to PSU, as it's an on-going thing, it'll never get boring (to most people), and the updates help that.

FrogKicker
Nov 9, 2006, 11:36 AM
Let them think GoW is the better game with all this massive ammounts of content. After a few weeks when they have played the hell out of it, they will be bitching about lack of content on a forum for GoW instead of here.

myomer
Nov 9, 2006, 11:37 AM
For X360 there's definitely a dozen things that will attract people away from PSU, Gears is only the beginning. Mass Effect, Lost Planet, Blue Dragon all come to mind. Myself, my problem is I have too many games to play with now! FF12 PS2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance... hell my GRAW is still shrink wrapped! But with work schedule the best thing for me is to plop in front of my PC and run a few Sleeping Warriors C.

On Emergence, I'm gonna have to be a slick politician to convince the wife I have to pick up Gears when I have so many games in the queue...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Solstis
Nov 9, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm wondering if the majority of the people complaining about PSU didn't play PSO. PSO was probably one of the most boring games in existence (I mean, the caves? Everyone hated the caves), yet I plunged hours upon hours into it.

Just don't let yourself burn out, like haya said. I still want to play PSU, but maybe 'cause I haven't gotten a character to 20 yet. Whatever, more fun for me when people get bored.

SLyNKee
Nov 9, 2006, 12:10 PM
Gears of War is the only game to make me wish Id go get an Xbox360 but Id still rather spend the money on the Wii

It's just that the damn commercial for Gears of War is soooo good. Only commerical I've seen that makes me want a game I knew nothing about.

And of course alot of people are going to play that the first week, its a highly anticipated game.

AkiraXxx
Nov 9, 2006, 12:40 PM
On 2006-11-09 08:44, Solstis wrote:
I'm wondering if the majority of the people complaining about PSU didn't play PSO. PSO was probably one of the most boring games in existence (I mean, the caves? Everyone hated the caves), yet I plunged hours upon hours into it.

Just don't let yourself burn out, like haya said. I still want to play PSU, but maybe 'cause I haven't gotten a character to 20 yet. Whatever, more fun for me when people get bored.

What? Lol, out of all the areas I liked the cave the most. Specially the middle area with the waterfall thing. I remember when my burnt dreamcast version of pso would always freeze at that point during a certain mission.

KirinDave
Nov 9, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-11-09 09:40, AkiraXxx wrote:

What? Lol, out of all the areas I liked the cave the most. Specially the middle area with the waterfall thing. I remember when my burnt dreamcast version of pso would always freeze at that point during a certain mission.

My friend had burnt copies of "Charge 'n Blast" and PSO for the DC. He wrote the game name, and underneath, "Not for Entertainment Use." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ShinMaruku
Nov 9, 2006, 01:19 PM
Ah I cna't wait till the other stuff comes out these reactions are gonna be gold.