PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Is it wrong to do this?...

RyuKisargi
Nov 8, 2006, 06:43 PM
I'm feeling morally wrong for what I'm doing, but I have a problem.

In PSU PS2, whenever I make a room for say, B-rank missions for De Regan anymore, I put in "If you're level 20, DO NOT COME IN!". It's because with the experience I've seen, anyone under level 20 that joins a game I'm in more then likely a hunter, and is likely to run up to the Dragon and die. Horribly. And kill the S-Rank. Only once or twice has anyone came in under level 20 and actually acted like they read the comment. They do the polite thing and say "Hey, I'm experienced, don't kick me, allright?" or somethimg similar.

The thing is, now I just kick ANYONE under level 20 that doesn't explain themselves. They're stupid to me for not reading the comment, and for not explaining why they came in.

Well, I feel better now that I've gotten this off my chest. ^o^

And forgive the crappy poll. X_o I suck with them apparently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyuKisargi on 2006-11-08 15:43 ]</font>

Scallop
Nov 8, 2006, 07:02 PM
...lol. Why dont you see what they can do before you kick them out? Kicking them out before they do anything doesnt help.

Itoshi
Nov 8, 2006, 07:03 PM
You can ask them, you know. Maybe they'll give a answer.

Mazoku
Nov 8, 2006, 07:04 PM
I'm currently leveling my second character, a force. I've been doing B rank dragon at level 15 and I haven't died yet. I'd be annoyed if you kicked me.

Pandatron
Nov 8, 2006, 07:07 PM
Your not the only ones that does that. Personally if your write in the commands anything that states "lvl: xx+ or boot" get the point across. I mean that's one thing that's ruining the game as others have said the urge to get S-rank but anywho.

Ya i do the same thing simply because i gather people at that point and then sometimes use that party for a higher mission. Example the mission before GOF (Grove of Fantastics) the B rank mission is diffcult to do in a small party however alot of people are willing to run through there on C-rank failry easily. So i just put "lvl:25+ or boot" on the C rank mission recruit people on the way there and then do the B rank GOF when i get there.

Personally i do believe it's wrong but it saves yourself hassle and with a party of S-Rank freaks people tend to leave if you don't boot the weakest link if you know there prone to dying and don't carry scape dolls.

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 07:08 PM
I've done De Ragan B at level 16 as a force, but it was HELL. As long as I ddint get hit by the slow burning fire breath, I could live, but I did die once or twice. But honestly, you can just settle for A rank and not use a moon if they die.

Also, fighting a boss you are underleveled for is FUN. I've killed Adahna Degahna in a group of people who were all level 12ish. C rank, but it was still fun.

hucast21
Nov 8, 2006, 07:08 PM
They could be more experienced than you by a mile. Alot of people who reached the 40+ levels are making new characters until more content is unlocked, just to pass time.

Think about it for a moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-08 16:10 ]</font>

Pandatron
Nov 8, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:08, hucast21 wrote:
They could be more experienced than you by a mile. Alot of people who reached the 40+ levels are making new characters until more content is unlocked, just to pass time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-08 16:10 ]</font>

Its not only a fact, but a truth at that.

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 07:11 PM
I made a new character for variety's sake at around level 25... Beast Rangers are fun.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 8, 2006, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't join your game, but....

I wouldn't join your game because I'm better than you.

Seriously. I'm tired of all the weeping over S rank, it really gets to me. And the bias based on level. Also at level 15, I can beat that dragon's ass, so your game description is insulting. Hell, as a level TWO Force I once ran an ENTIRE DRAGON C RUN not hitting anything and letting my PM kill everything for laughs. And I didn't die, not once.

So I think your "Level 20+ only" games are stupid, and I also think anyone who did not join my B rank dragon games that I started at 15 stupid, too. Do you know that by the time ONE person joined I was usually in area 2 with no deaths? And that I still had to quit because nobody would join before boss?

Then there's the time nobody would join my A rank games when I was 30-35. At level 35 I got horribly ditched by the only person who joined, in the last room. I soloed that sucker and won.

Voted "LOL NOOB." Anyway, I don't care about S rank. If you're nice, please come and nicely die in my A rank games. I don't give a shit. If you look cute as a corpse that 's a bonus too.

REAL players don't let getting S rank effect their fun playing with friendly people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-08 16:21 ]</font>

Garroway
Nov 8, 2006, 07:51 PM
Look. A comment like "I'f you're level 20 DO NOT COME IN!" leaves nothing in the way of interpretation. You might be a jerk for booting people, but you spelled it out for them in the comments so you'd be a very mild variety of jerk.

RyuKisargi
Nov 8, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:10, Pandatron wrote:

On 2006-11-08 16:08, hucast21 wrote:

Its not only a fact, but a truth at that.

May be a truth... I'll keep that in mind. But it still kinda upsets me when a level 15 comes in a B-rank dragon run and dies 2 times, going "rez plzz". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I guess that's what I'm ranting about.

Evolution
Nov 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
I don't think thats unreasonable at all, because at least the person being kicked would KNOW why they were being kicked, I just hate it when people kick you for no reason, it has happened to me a few times on the 360, people who have nothing in the game description and as soon as you join you get booted.

Rosaria
Nov 8, 2006, 08:06 PM
I've seen level 42's die on dragon A, and level 25's handle themselves much more professionally.

RyuKisargi
Nov 8, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:20, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I wouldn't join your game, but....

I wouldn't join your game because I'm better than you.

Seriously. I'm tired of all the weeping over S rank, it really gets to me. And the bias based on level. Also at level 15, I can beat that dragon's ass, so your game description is insulting. Hell, as a level TWO Force I once ran an ENTIRE DRAGON C RUN not hitting anything and letting my PM kill everything for laughs. And I didn't die, not once.

So I think your "Level 20+ only" games are stupid, and I also think anyone who did not join my B rank dragon games that I started at 15 stupid, too. Do you know that by the time ONE person joined I was usually in area 2 with no deaths? And that I still had to quit because nobody would join before boss?

Then there's the time nobody would join my A rank games when I was 30-35. At level 35 I got horribly ditched by the only person who joined, in the last room. I soloed that sucker and won.

Voted "LOL NOOB." Anyway, I don't care about S rank. If you're nice, please come and nicely die in my A rank games. I don't give a shit. If you look cute as a corpse that 's a bonus too.

REAL players don't let getting S rank effect their fun playing with friendly people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-08 16:21 ]</font>

I'm not whining about S Rank, if I want it that badly I can solo C Dragon. But even you have to admit it gets just annoying at times. :/ I don't wanna sound like a jackass, but can't some people at least say "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." when they come in? It's not too much to ask, and one of my friends online met me through doing that.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 8, 2006, 08:08 PM
My friend always just makes the rooms since I am lazy. He always put 20+ only. If someone under 20 comes in he just tells them, "Good job reading". *kick*

RyuKisargi
Nov 8, 2006, 08:10 PM
Allright, look. I'm not coming to come off as an elitist jerk here. I do have a semi-reasonable comment, as a couple of you guys have commented on. I don't just kick right away either. I wait like, 3-4 minutes to see what the guy does.

Now what I am guilty of is kicking people that die more then once. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I may not want S, but I'd take a B, something so that I can have a couple hundred meseta and mission points afterward.

DavidNel
Nov 8, 2006, 08:14 PM
Well, I can't do that anymore... but I used to do that just to anoy people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ms_Sumiko
Nov 8, 2006, 08:15 PM
I really don't care about S-rank becuase fun > S-rank. I hate all these games that say xx level and I usually see them playing solo. I wonder why.

vg_geek86
Nov 8, 2006, 08:19 PM
Its ur party and ppl shoud respect your rules, no if's or but's, its your party. People dont comply you have every right as u gave fair warning. Do I agree with you for doing it, considering I once played a game with 3 others in the teens, and a lvl 21 and the lvl 21 is the one that died *not sure how he pulled that off*, no.
Cant judge the level by itself, I think you should be more open. But again, its your party, we cant stop you, nor need to try. Your rules should be respected.
Besides, there are plenty of other parties out there.

RyuKisargi
Nov 8, 2006, 08:22 PM
I'm as open as can be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Does saying that I don't kick 18-19s help any?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 11:21 PM
Im a lvl 14 force and me and a lvl 14 hunter just did C rank dragon and we killed him but we both died once he was able to one hit both of us seems like. But we only died once and still got S I think due to scapedolls.

So the B rank would probably eat me alive without some good fire armor.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 8, 2006, 11:24 PM
If your comment says no one under level 20, then kick anyone udner 20 who comes in. If they didn't read your comment thats their problem, its more disrespectful of them to ignore that then it is for you to remove them for doing so.

thissint about "elitists" or "they could be mroe experienced then you are" or any of that stuff, its about the fact he has a rule for hsi group in his comment, ignoring that rule is disrespectful and if its results in a kick, it doesnt make him an ass. If he started a game with no comment a lvl 17 walked in and he booted them for it, that'd be a jerk move. The fact it is in his comment is all thats needed, regardless of views of elitists powergamers, s-rank whroes or whatever other labels will be put to people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2006-11-08 20:28 ]</font>

DaizaThe7th
Nov 9, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-11-08 15:43, RyuKisargi wrote:
"If you're level 20, DO NOT COME IN!".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyuKisargi on 2006-11-08 15:43 ]</font>

so 15-19 are allowed, is what "randoms" would understand... sorry just needed to point that out...

RAWR If your level 20 and below do not come in

Valius
Nov 9, 2006, 01:15 AM
I don't agree with it. But I can understand your motive to do so, and they were warned.