PDA

View Full Version : Wait! This Isn't PSO ...

tekwrx
Nov 8, 2006, 06:43 PM
alright! so this is like day one of me playing so forgive my ignorance but human hunters can't cast heal! yikes! i'm not complaining i'm sure things are balanced but i have a couple questions ...

if i want to be mainly melee what's the point of being human then if i still have to rely on 'mates like a cast would have to? also ... when i made my character i wanted to be a hunter but i don't remember once when they asked me what class i wanted to be.

if you can lead me to a link i'd appriciate it. i'm sure these questions have been burned to the ground. but, i also need to know how to change my class so i can get my "ranger" level ups too. i have no idea how that stuff works. they didn't explain it well in the tutorial. thanks for any help!

Turambar
Nov 8, 2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, only Force types can use techs. As for changing classes, go to the Guardian HQ on the colony and talk to the NPC on the back of the reception table. She lets you change between hunter ranger and force.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2006-11-08 15:47 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 06:46 PM
Because mates drop left and right. And because Resta heals groups at level 1.

Ronin1of47
Nov 8, 2006, 06:47 PM
humans and beast are hunters by deafault
casts ranger
newman force

to change your class go to the gaurdian colony on 5th colony and talk to the lady on the backside of the counter

tekwrx
Nov 8, 2006, 06:50 PM
thanks everyone for the quick responses! everyone on this board is so nice and friendly! i love it! take care.

Phaze37
Nov 8, 2006, 06:54 PM
That's why I didn't use a human character in PSU like I usually do in PSO. Their high mental stats go to waste if you dont play as a force. However, unless I'm wrong, I think MST actually reduces the damage taken from techniques, so it's not entirely useless.

McOwned
Nov 8, 2006, 06:58 PM
Wartecher is what your lookin for I think, then you get everything but no S rank weaps

Bot-Bot
Nov 8, 2006, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure why anyone hasn't said this yet, but as soon as they're released, you can be a Wartecher (aka Hunter/force) Which allows you lvl 20 skills, lvl 10 bullets, and lvl 20 techs.

And as you can see here...
http://www.mirakuru.us/PSU/OnlineHURatios.png

You get good HP, decent ATP, ATA, & DEF, and excelent TAP, MST & EVA

I'd say it's the class for you, but as I said, you'll have to wait for their release.

EDIT: McOwned beat me to the Wartecher suggestion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bot-Bot on 2006-11-08 16:07 ]</font>

Raifen
Nov 8, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah if you did the tutorial, you would know how to change your class too.

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:49, Raifen wrote:

I think you need a tutorial to GET to the tutorial, I didn't even know there was one until the other day. Good thing I had playing the game for a month before I started. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Nov 8, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:54, Xbob wrote:

I think you need a tutorial to GET to the tutorial, I didn't even know there was one until the other day. Good thing I had playing the game for a month before I started. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There should have been an option for it at the moment you first went online with your first character.

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 10:18 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:09, A2K wrote:

There should have been an option for it at the moment you first went online with your first character.

Nope. It said "Welcome to the Online World of PSU!" or something to that effect and I just ran out of my room, no options.

Raifen
Nov 8, 2006, 10:24 PM
first time i went online, it asked me if i wanted to do the tutorial, didnt do anything else before it.

tekwrx
Nov 9, 2006, 04:40 AM
On 2006-11-08 16:06, Bot-Bot wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone hasn't said this yet, but as soon as they're released, you can be a Wartecher (aka Hunter/force) Which allows you lvl 20 skills, lvl 10 bullets, and lvl 20 techs.

And as you can see here...
http://www.mirakuru.us/PSU/OnlineHURatios.png

You get good HP, decent ATP, ATA, & DEF, and excelent TAP, MST & EVA

I'd say it's the class for you, but as I said, you'll have to wait for their release.

EDIT: McOwned beat me to the Wartecher suggestion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bot-Bot on 2006-11-08 16:07 ]</font>
nice information. so, if i decide to be a wartecher that means you just switch to your wand, cast resta, then switch back to your melee weapon or whatever, right?

i'm all confused on what i want to be now. if i decided though to just be a weapon crazy power-house fortefighter should i go cast?

thanks for all the input once again everyone! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fuss
Nov 9, 2006, 04:51 AM
Quote:
On 2006-11-08 19:09, A2K wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think you need a tutorial to GET to the tutorial, I didn't even know there was one until the other day. Good thing I had playing the game for a month before I started.

Nope. It said "Welcome to the Online World of PSU!" or something to that effect and I just ran out of my room, no options.

I'm not sure why you didnt get it, because i got it on the xbox beta version, the xbox version, and the PC version on my first characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-09 01:55 ]</font>