PDA

View Full Version : you guys arent the punks selling mars for 5k a pop are you ?

Grr
Nov 8, 2006, 07:13 PM
Because if you are, we filed your room with "fountains"
Yesterday me , dreamcaster , akiros emora , and stormy (well ok , she kinda just sat in DCs room doing nothing >.>) bought a few dozen toilets each , and preceeded to raid every one of the 37 rooms we founds searching for "mars" in the shop finder.

It all started when AK (who just made his twin crea sabers) wanted to much some more 5 star stuff.

He need marsaline , and the stuff is overpirced in many shops

SO we came up with this plan for one of us to nicely tell the shop owner (if the were in) that the NPC sells them for 1200 , while the other two dropped toilets in all of thier avialible room spaces.

In about 24 shops its over priced,so do your home work before buy it anywhere.

As a side note , you all on the 360 version may recognize those names as lvl 50 characters. they just finshed a grove of fanatics A run (insane drops , i think DC snagge a 6 star bow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif) couldnt take me , as im only 38 and the minimum is 40 ; ;. they had nothing better to do and AK admittedly got a laugh out of the time he was lvl 15 and I left one in his room. But yeah , they do play this game alot. even after they hit 50 , which goes to show you the other people who complain about it being dead at lvl 24 or so should just not play the game (its a GRIND people , get used to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

AS a side note (didnt want to start another topic) any other rangers worried about the future price of guns ? I dont see alot of rangers/people making guns so i wonder if that will lead to us getting shafted in the long run , i hope not http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-11-08 16:22 ]</font>

Banana_Ann
Nov 8, 2006, 07:15 PM
I'll gladly take toilets for free.

Ronin1of47
Nov 8, 2006, 07:17 PM
this is very funny...
kinda glad i dont have a shop....
not that i would over price...
to bad the "fountains" are not permanent

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-11-08 16:18 ]</font>

Grr
Nov 8, 2006, 07:18 PM
yeah , we were thinking of doing other random room decor , and even starting a room board that grades peoples room , asnd gives prizes (ive got a rappy in my room , working on another one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif), but we decicded to do A dragon /seleeping warriors instead >.>

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 8, 2006, 07:20 PM
lol....(goes to shop and raises marseline prices for free toilets)

Yeebo
Nov 8, 2006, 07:29 PM
I can't understand why people are trying to sell ingredients for more than they cost at an NPC vendor. I'm not paying 2.5K for something I can buy in unlimited quantities for 1.2 K. Are there actually folks out there buying this garbage? If so, I need to open a shop . . . .

Apathy
Nov 8, 2006, 07:35 PM
I didnt know you could put up decorations in other peoples rooms O.o ! I hope you cant take them out o.O .. No one steals my Gumball Machine! NO ONE!

vg_geek86
Nov 8, 2006, 07:39 PM
LMFAO
Thats awsome. Pretty strange they would charge that much...I wander if alot of them just throw a randem price on their goods and calling it a day, or are seeing if they can sucker a few people <_<

Evolution
Nov 8, 2006, 07:42 PM
I think overpricing in player shops is a pretty big problem, and there are quite a few people that have reasonable prices but it seems whenever you search MOST if not all results are the ones where people have prices that are higher than the NPC stores, I actually started up my store earlier today selling all synth items 100-200 meseta cheaper than NCP stores, however I have yet to sell a single item lol.

Zakuro
Nov 8, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:42, Evolution wrote:
I actually started up my store earlier today selling all synth items 100-200 meseta cheaper than NCP stores, however I have yet to sell a single item lol.

I just bought a shop earlier today and within an hour and a half I made 4-5k. I was selling at around 50% of NPC price though so that may be why, also put that in my advertisement which may have helped attract customers.

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 09:58 PM
dont decorations sell for like 250 meseta at 1star? And you get like what... 9-10 slots? quick cash indeed.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:59 PM
I buy all my material from NPCs when I mass produce my 5* weps for my shop, and from each board just one needs to work to cover the cost of the board and materials. The other two just need to cover the cost for their individual materials and a little extra for me.

Sure, I COULD probably get MArseline and Soldonium for less than shops, but i've stopped looking because it's always like 3,000+ in every shop. I'm fine with my current system because it is consistent.

Para
Nov 8, 2006, 10:00 PM
On 2006-11-08 16:18, Grr wrote:
yeah , we were thinking of doing other random room decor , and even starting a room board that grades peoples room , asnd gives prizes (ive got a rappy in my room , working on another one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif), but we decicded to do A dragon /seleeping warriors instead >.>

That's a wonderful idea for a contest.. rate people's rooms. Interior design students get a chance to show off their sense of style haha

Candor
Nov 8, 2006, 10:23 PM
I salute you good sir!

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 10:27 PM
I'd take the free toilets then overprice them in my shop. lol.

hucast21
Nov 8, 2006, 10:38 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I buy all my material from NPCs when I mass produce my 5* weps for my shop, and from each board just one needs to work to cover the cost of the board and materials. The other two just need to cover the cost for their individual materials and a little extra for me.

Sure, I COULD probably get MArseline and Soldonium for less than shops, but i've stopped looking because it's always like 3,000+ in every shop. I'm fine with my current system because it is consistent.

Not in my shop. I always price Marseline at 600 and Soldonium at 400, 50% off NPC prices. The problem is, my stock is sold out in 5 minutes once I put them in.

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:00, Nites wrote:

On 2006-11-08 16:18, Grr wrote:

That's a wonderful idea for a contest.. rate people's rooms. Interior design students get a chance to show off their sense of style haha

Hes played too much Animal Crossing.

Spacepest
Nov 9, 2006, 12:47 AM
On 2006-11-08 19:27, Xbob wrote:
I'd take the free toilets then overprice them in my shop. lol.

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing. What is going to stop the people who you gifted free toilets to from reselling them in their shops?

I'm not a price gouger, but damn... if I came to my room and found all the empty display slots filled with toilets i'd just remove them, and either resell them (probably less than vendor to get them to move) or give them to my toilet-less PSU friends.

But still, if you must persist on dumping items in people's rooms...oh yeah. I'm a really terrible horrible mean person who hates rappies, pannons, beetles and any other decoration made from the body parts of animals. Whatever you do...don't put any of these items in my room. I'd be soooooooo scared if that happened. Like really scared. Too scared to even go near and remove the offending decorative item. Ever. I'd be absolutely devastated to find one of these items sitting in my room.

DarkSeph
Nov 9, 2006, 01:06 AM
hahahahaha.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.......

***DEEP BREATH***

Owwww, My Liver! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif HAHAHAHA

Seriously Spacepest, you made my sides hurt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AeraLure
Nov 9, 2006, 01:10 AM
I <3 this topic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ZiG
Nov 9, 2006, 03:31 AM
So you....

Rewarded these assholes by giving them free money...
Selling 12 Toilets is like 3kish...

Superguppie
Nov 9, 2006, 03:44 AM
Overpricing by players is pretty common. In FFXI I used to make a lot of money just walking into an NPC shop buying lowlevel armor and weapons, then take a one minute walk to the auction house and put it in there at 5 times what I payed for it. Why did it work? Because people bought it at these rediculous prices. They were too lazy to take a one minute walk from the ah to the shop. I didn't start putting up stuff at high prices, I just looked for overpriced things and joined the overpricing, usualy undercutting slightly to make the sale faster.
The only thing I have problems with is people camping the shops that have a limited supply buying all they can get as soon as the shop opens, and then overprice no ah. But even these, I can live with.

Although I don't play PSU yet, I doubt I will have a problem with these people. I will just walk past them and buy from NPC. If I see these overpriced things sell anyway, I might even try it. Don't blame the sellers, blame the people who keep buying at prices that are too high.

Dein
Nov 9, 2006, 04:05 AM
I saw someone discussing "marketing strategies" on the PSU main site forums and I'm pretty sure that most of the time if you see someone selling an item that can be bought for a npc (and it's a high demand item like nanocarbon/marseline) they're just trying to draw more people into their shops in hopes that while you browse their wares you might buy something else after seeing the item you wanted is at an absurd price. It's annoying as hell shifting through shops trying to find a good deal on one item because 50 other people just want to have your search bring up their shop even if they don't really plan on selling that item.

Rider
Nov 9, 2006, 04:43 AM
Soo... Someone overprices stuff and you basically leave free meseta in their room in the form of "foutains"?