PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me..

MayLee
Nov 8, 2006, 07:23 PM
Or do people from PSO Ep one and two seem SO much nicer?

I mean back in the day I used to run into so many sweethearts. When I started playing online on there people would offer to help level me up so I could play with the big leaguers. I would get free stuff from others, mags rare items and stuff that I NEVER ask for, they would do it just because.

Now I am a bit scared to go online today on PSU because everyone is telling us about how much of a asshat people are being to them, wont give them a chance to play and not offer, "Hey, if you'd like I could help you level up. Stick with me" I miss those kind of people. Now, I am afraid of entering a room withought someone critizing me and my level since I will start out as level 1.

*Sigh*..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Is it just me?

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 07:25 PM
I dont mind low level people, I've helped one or two.

Ri0T
Nov 8, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well, i haven't really had a lot of bad experiences. Mostly people have been really nice. People are most likely not going to be as "giving" as they were on PSO because there isn't so much duping and whatnot. We actually have an economy now when it was all but absent before.

The one thing a lot of people get peeved about is dying in missions, thus losing S-Rank. Sometimes people are ok with it, but you'll get your bad apples. You can try to help against this by keeping your scape dolls on your person instead of selling them. If you're saved by a Scape, it won't count as a mission loss.

MayLee
Nov 8, 2006, 07:32 PM
I'm not worried about the giving, I honestly don't care about that.

It's the booting and smartalics that gets me..>.<

Randomness
Nov 8, 2006, 07:32 PM
Also, make sure to do the tutorial, thats a free PM, a NPC you can use in party, and you're pretty much guaranteed to level once.

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 07:33 PM
I'm still like that. I hooked my friend Dawnfire up with a Claymore, Brasscles, stuff to feed ehr mag, andd a durandel, in the first 2 days of meeting her.

MayLee
On 2006-11-08 16:32, Randomness wrote:
Also, make sure to do the tutorial, thats a free PM, a NPC you can use in party, and you're pretty much guaranteed to level once.

Thanks for the tip http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Randomness
I don't care about S rank, its prefered, but I can live with not getting one. Avoid games that say S rank in the name, and you'll be fine. There was a good guide to getting your first levels on here a while back...

Garroway
Nov 8, 2006, 07:36 PM
It seems to be a rather common trend that the forums blow these issues way out of proportion. In fact, I have never been affected by most of the issues that people complain about here, and the asshatery that I have encountered has been very rare.

Swifty01
Nov 8, 2006, 07:39 PM
I havent had too many problems with people online so far...Its mostly been a positive experience. I have been booted a few times for no reason whatsoever, and I had a group that thought it was funny to call everyone a Jew, or a fag, but other than that its been good. It drives me nuts getting into a group that acts like a bunch of idiotic highschool kids that cuss to sound cool though. Yeesh, I'm only barely out of school, but I know my manners and try not to offend...I just wish others would do the same.

Evolution
Nov 8, 2006, 07:40 PM
There are definatly a lot of people in a rush to level up or even get srank, I actually got my PSU about a week later than everyone else, I'm kinda glad because I've been going at my own pace, actually have two characters, will make a third one when its released over in the UK to level up with the brits.

Just like pso I think it really depends on who you're playing with. For the most part I've had a really good experience with PSU (360) so far, and yes there have been games where I'll get booted for no reason, or people are being asses, but for the most part I've found that people are pretty nice and friendly.

Pikku
Nov 8, 2006, 10:55 PM
I would help anyone in the game if they need help and whatnot.
I was the same on PSODC,GC,BB.
The ones that are assholes are the ones that game from games like FFXI and such where armor and levels and what weapons you use actually "mattered" (they were prejudic to the "non perfect" people).