PDA

View Full Version : How is the game in terms of cheating/hacking?

Haruka-sama
Nov 8, 2006, 08:22 PM
I haven't gotten the game yet, but I was wondering if someone could tell me how it is in terms of cheating so that I know what to expect? Is it a nightmare like PSO was? or is there little to no cheating? Thanks in advance! =)

vg_geek86
Nov 8, 2006, 08:23 PM
To early to tell, nothing yet *That ive seen or heard of*

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 08:23 PM
There is none I have seen or heard of yet. (X360)

Ryogen
Nov 8, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:23, Nestahima wrote:
No such thing as of yet or ever. (X360)

FIXED http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 8, 2006, 08:25 PM
No online hax whatsoever as of now. It will likely stay like this for a while, but there's no doubting that some hax will happen eventually (no games avoid it entirely).

Haruka-sama
Nov 8, 2006, 08:26 PM
Ah, great, surprising, but awesome. I hope it stays that way, I will feel better about getting the game then ^_^

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 8, 2006, 08:29 PM
none yet, but pso wasnt hacked within the first 2 weeks either =/. Im guessing within the next 2 weeks something will come out on PC version.

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 08:31 PM
i know of one on X360 but im not going to saying it, and its not really good and doesnt really do anything

Ryogen
Nov 8, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:31, Razorback wrote:
i know of one on X360 but im not going to saying it, and its not really good and doesnt really do anything

I know of a glitch...but it's a panzy glitch.

JaireLiay
Nov 8, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:31, Razorback wrote:

Eh. Then why even bring it up? You're going to have the maker of this thread thinking about it. If it doesn't do anything, then dont bring it up.

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 08:40 PM
He'll never guess it or get it, its so stupid and barely works, and i was just answering his question

Genobee
Nov 8, 2006, 08:43 PM
only glitch I know about is the robot glitch, where you sit in his ass and he can never hit you and you just keep beating on him.

RZetlin
Nov 8, 2006, 08:51 PM
Hacked? Maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2z6A8RuzA

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 8, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:51, RZetlin wrote:
Hacked? Maybe?

That's offline mode. Online mode is currently unhax'd.

Also: lol, Broompo.

Mural
Nov 8, 2006, 09:03 PM
ok so what about codes from like game shark and code breaker?

Cash_Lavi
Nov 8, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:51, RZetlin wrote:
Hacked? Maybe?

oh @!$# that was awsome. I wish I could do that with out getting banned lol... But then again that basically takes away all of PSU...

Hexadecimal
Nov 8, 2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry boys and girls... Rumors are circulating that it has been hacked, someone seems to be capable of forcing rappies to spawn... Along with room warping

Fact or fiction? Who knows...

hucast21
Nov 8, 2006, 09:33 PM
The only thing I experienced online that is considered to be "hacking", was when this hunter was spamming the sound bite when you level up. He kept on doing and it was annoying as hell....

This was on the 360 version.

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 10:04 PM
Codes do not work online. Online is protected by Gameguard, PSO was protected by a sack of potatoes that Sega would try to swing at hackers. Hacking will happen eventually, but don't expect anything huge.

"The only thing I experienced online that is considered to be "hacking", was when this hunter was spamming the sound bite when you level up. He kept on doing and it was annoying as hell....

This was on the 360 version."

That's part of the game.

"&6" does the level up sound. "&1-20+" or so does in-game sounds. "!1-13" or so does voices. "@0-9" does your characters expressions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-08 19:05 ]</font>

daylight129
Nov 8, 2006, 10:35 PM
Offline will be a sinch to hack for any amateur hacker. The online mode is a different story. I have faith in this game being well protected for a while...

And spamming that level up sound effect is not hacking. Lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-08 19:36 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 8, 2006, 11:01 PM
None of these people are hackers they are script kiddies with programs that do all the work. I have used these programs before its nothing hard.

Gameguard is usually a joke its pretty easy to get past, so whats going to protect the game is not gameguard but segas network, it depends on how they have it setup if it will protect against stuff like this and how close they monitor it.

When it happens the best thing to do is not give the script kiddies what they want. ATTENTION, thats all it is they are deprived of attention and rely on there "hacking" a game online to make themselves feel good.

So dont play with them, dont talk to them and they can ruin the game for themselves.

In additon one big thing we have now that we didnt have before is the ability to kick sombody from a party, so if sombody ever poped up into your game thats clearly using cheats just get there sega ID number, boot them and be done with it.

Send that number to sega and get them banned, they can then go buy a new account if they want to do it again and waist there own money and proove how pathetic they are.

hucast21
Nov 8, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:35, daylight129 wrote:
Offline will be a sinch to hack for any amateur hacker. The online mode is a different story. I have faith in this game being well protected for a while...

And spamming that level up sound effect is not hacking. Lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daylight129 on 2006-11-08 19:36 ]</font>

That is why I put "hacking" in quotation marks. Reading comprehension FTW.

Anyways, most are script kiddies who couldn't write a simple hello world program in C.

Rider
Nov 8, 2006, 11:15 PM
Let me sum up the hacking talk that goes on about PSU so far.

Rumor here that isn't true. Rumors are mostly of people above the level cap.

General response to hacking is, "I'm glad I'm on the 360 because hacking can't possibly happen to us." Which again, is untrue. You're not safe from hacking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-11-08 20:16 ]</font>

Eli_Leviathan
Nov 8, 2006, 11:17 PM
There is also rumor of someone using God Of Equip online....Now we wait till we see rangers with bows and forces with dual handguns...

I seriously hope its not true

BloodDragoon
Nov 8, 2006, 11:41 PM
Far as I can tell character data is stored server side this time around so using cheat devices like that for online play isnt going to work. (PS2 version anyway.)

Raifen
Nov 8, 2006, 11:59 PM
game guard

kazuma56
Nov 9, 2006, 12:37 AM
Since characters are server side, the only things that could possibly happen is infinite meseta or infinite item cheats... and even then, the code would be slightly altered at some point which should be easily recognizable for sega to notice.

As for online security, if free to play MMORPG's like Flyff/maple story,Rappelz etc are "hack free" and they use GG there's no reason why PSU shouldn't be the same.

VeraGemini
Nov 9, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-11-08 21:37, kazuma56 wrote:
Since characters are server side, the only things that could possibly happen is infinite meseta or infinite item cheats... and even then, the code would be slightly altered at some point which should be easily recognizable for sega to notice.

As for online security, if free to play MMORPG's like Flyff/maple story,Rappelz etc are "hack free" and they use GG there's no reason why PSU shouldn't be the same.

Gamegaurd is really a joke. Flyff was hacked pretty badly while I did play it, which wasn't even for that long I might add. Though I do admit, Gamegaurd is better than what PSO had. Unless a sack of potatoe's > Gamegaurd.

Eli_Leviathan
Nov 9, 2006, 12:58 AM
Apperintly this guy got past gameguard somehow....but i guess ill believe it when i see it(and hopefully i wont)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eli_Leviathan on 2006-11-08 21:58 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Nov 9, 2006, 01:35 AM
That Youtube video is looks like the PS2 version, *offline* storymode (notice the HUD is kinda of big), and the those "hacks" are simply CodeBreaker codes for *Offline* storymode. As it shows Ethan Waber.

The person making the video is just trying to scare people or piss of hardcore Legits. Which I think is pretty lame.

Cheat scripts, hacks, etc for *online* may be around. So far most of the hacks have only been for Offline storymode and extra mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2006-11-08 22:39 ]</font>

Yeebo
Nov 9, 2006, 01:45 AM
No, the saves are server side. No way to get online with anything other program hiding out in the RAM on a PS2 or X360, no way to access your files offline. Might eventually become a problem in PC land, but you won't see anything like the giant goobtard cheatfests that the DC, X-box, and GC versions of PSO became.