PDA

View Full Version : Best Soloing?

Razorback
Nov 8, 2006, 08:38 PM
I havent been able to play in like 2 weeks (dam Xbox's) and my friend has been playing, and orginally our plan was to be fotrefighter beasts, which i thought was a good idea, but i went to my friends to watch the game and see some stuff i havent seen. And he said he'll make his Beast a Force because it he said it would be the best solo. Is this true?

Cameroon1027
Nov 8, 2006, 08:44 PM
i disagree. i think hunter pwn every other occupation. i tried the force thing with my beast. and it sucked. i switched back immediately.

vg_geek86
Nov 8, 2006, 08:46 PM
Beast FORCE best for soloing?
o_O
Um, I dont think so...

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 08:48 PM
Newman Force is the best soloing.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 8, 2006, 08:49 PM
This is PSU, not PSO. It's actually balanced this time around, which means no class is particularly better at soloing than any other; they all suck at it equally.

VanHalen
Nov 8, 2006, 08:51 PM
lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-08 17:52 ]</font>

vg_geek86
Nov 8, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:49, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
This is PSU, not PSO. It's actually balanced this time around, which means no class is particularly better at soloing than any other; they all suck at it equally.

It may be more balanced but a beast force would hardly compare to a newman force.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 8, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-11-08 17:51, vg_geek86 wrote:

On 2006-11-08 17:49, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

It may be more balanced but a beast force would hardly compare to a newman force.

My beast played as a force for a while, and it wasn't actually that bad. Sure, the techs are weak, but you have enough HP to survive a few attacks, something Numan forces lack. Furthermore, I did a hell of a lot of damage with my Ice Compadri.

vg_geek86
Nov 8, 2006, 08:59 PM
Dont get me wrong, Im not saying beast SUCK as a force, but there's no such thing as an equally balanced game. In the lower lvls there may not be a big difference, but the higher lvl you are with a newman force, you shouldnt be getting hit enough to worry about your low HP.

But to think a beast force would be best for soloing...I just dont see that.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:00 PM
Beast Hunter using elemental weapons is un paralleled as far as soloing goes. Throw in Leo and your GH410 (both of which will resta you very often when you or they need it) and you're golden.

...no, I don't count their retarded AI turning this from a solo into a trio. Sure, they can do 400+ with AoE PAs, but they usually just stand around fapping to my loli furball and only come in to resta me. God bless uber NPC heal bots that can do occasional bursts of damage.

Nani-chan
Nov 8, 2006, 09:03 PM
Actually all classes can solo easily if you take advantage of enemy movement glitches.

For example even though enemies now move between rooms they still have a 'hard invisible wall" that they do not pass. This may be often rooms away, but if the monster is not hit and they touch that wall they will teleport back to their spawning room.

I can snipe enemies from above in fanatics temple for example, as long as I keep hitting a enemy it will not de-spawn but it's friends will. In the worst case even if it despawns.. it will not recover hp upon de-spawning.

Then it's easy to get mates.. so really the only time a character may have trouble soloing is if a boss one-kills and all your scapes run out.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:07 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:03, Nani-chan wrote:
Actually all classes can solo easily if you take advantage of enemy movement glitches.

For example even though enemies now move between rooms they still have a 'hard invisible wall" that they do not pass. This may be often rooms away, but if the monster is not hit and they touch that wall they will teleport back to their spawning room.

I can snipe enemies from above in fanatics temple for example, as long as I keep hitting a enemy it will not de-spawn but it's friends will. In the worst case even if it despawns.. it will not recover hp upon de-spawning.

Then it's easy to get mates.. so really the only time a character may have trouble soloing is if a boss one-kills and all your scapes run out.

I'm not a fan of people who use exploits to their advantage. Saw a Ranger do this with the wire fences on De Ragan A and I swiftly booted him. You ain't exploitin' in my party.

You either get in the fray and get backhanded for 260+ damage from leader mobs like the rest of us, or you can go back to the lobby.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-08 18:10 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Nov 8, 2006, 09:12 PM
Circle strafing helps too. Often if you get behind a enemy they can't hit you. (unless they are horse-like and can kick behind them)

Maybe it is exploits.. but it's soloing. I wouldn't use these things in a regular game since as a ranger I should lead excess enemies away from others if possible.

I'm sorry if I'm a bad person for pointing out these things. ; ;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-08 18:14 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:12, Nani-chan wrote:
Circle strafing helps too. Often if you get behind a enemy they can't hit you. (unless they are horse-like and can kick behind them)

God I hate the mule kicks on Neudaiz. I also hate when CASTS run around with the voice that sounds like Piccolo, and get knocked over. I can never stop laughing when I hear that "whurr!". Worms love knocking them male casts over just to make me lose concentration laughing long enough for them to hit a force and burrow under ground. It's funny, but plz stop falling over. ; ;

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 9, 2006, 07:35 PM
Noobs say newman tech

Pro's say beast hunter or hunter variants with a healing pm

-Shimarisu-
Nov 9, 2006, 08:21 PM
Beast hunter, GH-450 and Leo can clean up A rank relics in under half an hour.

Now I'm telling you this is the best combo, because my level 51 Fighgunner, GH-410 and Lou on JP have difficulty whereas my beast HU on NA, at lvl 41 and not an expert class yet, does not.

My level 35 beast Wartecher, GH-440 and Leo are pretty good for solo too. She'd be quicker with a 410, but hits more with 440 due to stun.

Mazoku
Nov 9, 2006, 08:37 PM
Both of my characters are great at soloing

-CAST Hunter with a GH-450 PM. The only thing I have to worry about is running out of PP on high HP monsters. As soon as the 450's combat level went up a few levels she became a healing machine. She actually kept a whole party healed on Dragon B runs last night with no Force in the group.

-Newman Force. It's easy to solo but I find it kind of boring. I prefer to party as a Force. Tomorrow she'll have a GH-420, maybe that will make it more interesting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazoku on 2006-11-09 17:40 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Nov 9, 2006, 08:42 PM
Beast is better than cast at soloing though. Purely cause of nanoblast.

Mazoku
Nov 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-11-09 17:42, -Shimarisu- wrote:

That makes sense. I'm not saying either of my characters are the very best optimum setup for soloing, they both just do it well enough for me. Personally I can't really get into a Beast character. They're great, they're just not my style.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 9, 2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah but casts get giant gatling and laser guns. and they look awsome. and they have reeeeeeeealy good hunter and ranger stats.

Midicronica
Nov 9, 2006, 09:00 PM
I solo Linear Line B all the time with my Newman Force solely for the purpose of leveling my techniques. I don't have any problems with it unless I'm fighting Sendillans. Since I can deal decent damage it usually only takes me about 10-15 minutes to get through one of the runs.

The_Gio
Nov 9, 2006, 10:49 PM
how about we make the poll of Which World is it best to solo in, Because Neudaiz and those anoying worms kinda ruin it for me, and puram has too many ppl in it and the colonies arent worth soloing in

Garnet_Moon
Nov 9, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-11-09 17:42, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Now now, 6,300 damage to three enemies in front of me at level 50 isn't THAT strong. It only accounts to 2,100 per mob at the end of the combo, and 700 damage per strike.

>_______________________>;

Without a doubt this is the best 10,000 <insert currency type here> investment i've spent in any online game. Makes VERY short work of Adahna Daghana because he has no damage reduction like De Ragan does.

I haven't seen any cast use SUV lately because they can't aim worth crap. I mean, how can they? Nothing fucking stays still in Groovy Fans A long enough to see how much it does. Never seen it used on the boss yet, but i'd assume it's something close to 700 per tick on the pulse, and maybe less on the gatling gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-09 20:43 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 10, 2006, 12:03 AM
Tie between Newman Force and CAST Ranger/Hunter IMO