PDA

View Full Version : What weapon do you use mostly, and why?

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 08:58 PM
What weapon do you use mostly, and why?

Personally, as a Force (yes my name still says Ranger Extrodinaire http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ) I simply use Rods for the extra TAP and PP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I can't wait to get the 12% tech bonus, either.

Arcturus
Nov 8, 2006, 09:05 PM
I use a grinded Burzaihoh (Yohmei Vullseye), because the thing is powerful and has loads of ammo. When I'm running low, I switch to my lockgun/brand combo and clean up with that. Oh, and Freezing Bullets rule, especially with a shotgun.

Nani-chan
Nov 8, 2006, 09:07 PM
Yes I use twin handguns and rifles on ranger.( 3, 2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-11-08 18:07 ]</font>

YoungOuisy
Nov 8, 2006, 09:16 PM
I'm a Cast Hunter and I'm use twin knives with ice element. I just like the photon skill because it hits really well if your surrounded

jimmer411
Nov 8, 2006, 09:17 PM
Im starting to love Dagger/Handgun combo. I mainly use dual daggers, I love the speed!

Im debating on getting a spear for boss fights.

Im looking forward to Claw/Dual Claws, I plan on moving on to those as my main when the become available.

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 09:18 PM
Dual daggers are incredibly popular in Hunters.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:21 PM
Beast Hunter and I use Twin Rippers. I have a pair for each element. I have a handgun but no sword to go with it. It's just there for those damned Shagreece and Onmagodiforgothisname.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 8, 2006, 09:22 PM
twin daggers are fast, do good dmg, and the PA hits everyone around you. Best for normal mobs. Spears are just awsome for boss fights though. with the spears PA you will hit the monsters 10times, 5 strike(each strike hitting 2 times if you aim it right of course) Also having the highest ATP of any weapon type helps.

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 09:22 PM
There are so many beast hunters, lol.

JaireLiay
Nov 8, 2006, 09:25 PM
When I was a hunter; Three Durandals-Ice, Light, Normal.
As a Force, I use my Hajirod only for tougher stuff, so usually my Septara.

Souriya
Nov 8, 2006, 09:31 PM
Twin Daggers
I really like killing multiple things at once with its skill. Quick and easy.
It looks good too.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:32 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:22, Nestahima wrote:
There are so many beast hunters, lol.

We reproduce like bunnies because deep down inside, everyone loves furries.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-08 18:32 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Nov 8, 2006, 09:34 PM
I wanna watch them yiff, lol.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:35 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:34, Nani-chan wrote:
I wanna watch them yiff, lol.

I don't think they'd wanna see you watching them.

(_/)
(o.O)(_/)
( >( (O.O)

usmcbama
Nov 8, 2006, 09:37 PM
I started off as a ranger, and immediately fell in love with the shotgun and the spear- I mainly used just those plus a rifle for 5 class levels. Then I switched to hunter and spammed Dus Daggas to 20 cap. After 5 class levels of hunter (almost exclusively with spear) now I'm playing as a force (guess you can see I'm readying myself for Protranser) and It's been really hard to resist the urge to bring the spears with me- yes, they're even force-equippable. I really do like the bow. It's not as easy to use as the rifle, but it has a sick accuracy bonus that should serve well when the advanced classes come out, as the bow replaces the rifle for protransers. When I get done slogging through force, I'm switching back to ranger before the update- then I'll probably almost exclusively use Vullseyes/Burzaihohs (it would be shotties, but well, there's only the three in the shop and nowhere even to grind them :/ ).

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 09:49 PM
I wish that Bows were viable for a Force as a main source of damage, but the difficulty in aiming, slow firing rate, and lack of damage (due to a Newmans low ATP) doesn't make it very good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:31, Souriya wrote:
Twin Daggers
I really like killing multiple things at once with its skill. Quick and easy.
It looks good too.

Not to mention you can spam it pretty often too. It costs 15 points per PA, and my daggers give me 5 back per tick so I barely run dry on any level.

usmcbama
Nov 8, 2006, 09:52 PM
About the bows- forgot to mention that I'm a CAST, so I'm sure that helps a lot! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nestahima
Nov 8, 2006, 09:55 PM
Well yes -- as a CAST Force, you'd have the ATA/ATP to make up for it, but as a Newman Force, its hard.

As a CAST Force, however, you have horrible techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:55, Nestahima wrote:
As a CAST Force, however, you have horrible techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

FOcast casts Resta.
RESIST.
HUbeast resists the weak Resta spell.

FOnewearl casts Resta.
CRITICAL.
FOnewearl scores a critical cure.
HUbeast recovers 10,000 HP.

But FOcasts aren't all too bad... I mean their heals are nice. >.>;

Zakuro
Nov 8, 2006, 09:59 PM
On my Ranger I've been mainly using twin handguns and rifles the most, but have also been switching in my shotgun trying to level that up.

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 06:27 AM
Whenever I try and synth dual handguns I always fail. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 9, 2006, 06:41 AM
I use mainly Twin Sabers, I like their speed and its photon art.

Kanore
Nov 9, 2006, 06:44 AM
I use Rods. 5 Staves and a Bow are on my list (one for each element, Bow is on Ice now)

Aiko_Itsu
Nov 9, 2006, 07:20 AM
I use wire gloves(1) and my Brass Knuckles(5). i like being close to the action and with my lvl 17 Bogga Danga i can launch enemies in the air and calm down the mob madness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
BTW im a lvl 19 hunter

Pandatron
Nov 9, 2006, 07:25 AM
3 Staves and 2 Bows, mostly for neu seeing how most things there are Fire or Ice getting there and then once reach camp area to play GOF (Grove of Fantastic) just let razdone take over the rest. Current favorite is Slyrod for time being haven't gotten around to getting a hajirod yet no idea how taht market is x.x.

Mystil
Nov 9, 2006, 08:20 AM
Spears and twin blade types. Still learning how to use spears effectively. The damage output of a spear is delicious and Rising Crush from twin blades is a godesend in those situations when I'm surrounded.

Xtra-1
Nov 9, 2006, 08:25 AM
My favorite is wand at the moment due to its fast casting and recharge rate. When grinded to level 3, it has more TP than a Hajirod. I use my Hajirod for Resta/Reversa. When new Techs come out, I'll probably go rods to get the 12% bonus.

Polenicus
Nov 9, 2006, 08:54 AM
As a Hunter I use Twin Sabers, a Greatsword (For cleanup and those large groups) and some handgun action for the few times I need it. Now I'm working on Ranger (Going for Figunner) and I've fallen in love with Dual Handguns. Put Ice Bullets on those bad boys and unload. A repeater is nice for those Rhinos in Relics (Point, shoot, hose until dead) but otherwise I think dual handguns will be my ranged mainstays. As Figunner, I'm going for Double Sabers for my main weapon (As it was in PSO, so shall it be again!)

Cerulean
Nov 9, 2006, 09:21 AM
I will eventually try and master every weapon a HU can use. But because of limited funds and time, I'm only working on three weapon sets so far:

Dual Sabers are my basic all the time weapons. Great for beat down on one monster, or if you are surrounded you DON'T lock-on and instead you spin yourself slowly in a circle, dealing hits to everything around you, keeping them semi-stunned. I live for that! The lv11+ PA is nice for sweeping an area, and even the first step of the combo (Rising Thrust) is nice. To be honest, I was incredbly disappointed with Dual Sabers the fist few times I tried them. They are slower than a single saber, obviously. But, once you get in the flow with them, they absolutely rock.

Single Saber + Handgun is still useful, imho. Handgun is always nice for tagging exp in a hyper-fast pick-up team, not to mention bringing down those flyers in Parum or jumpers wherever. Rising Strike's 2-combo attack does freakish high damage and is perfect for high-hp targets, like those big slow dudes in Sleeping Warriors.

Great Sword is my newest weapon type to try out. Like when I tried out Dual Sabers, at first I hated them and I was tempted to jump on the 'teh big sowrds suxxorz' bandwagon. And, if you're a brain-dead idiot that spams Tornado Break without thought for timing and position, I bet it would suck. But... if you time your use of Greatswords it can be awesome. I love running into a group of monsters, just before they close I start the swing (or the PA), disrupt them, switch to Dual Sabers, spread more love around, then focus on one or two to bring down.

I really haven't used any others, but I will eventually. I love the way weapons feel even more unique in PSU than in PSO. There's a lot to their timing and PA usage. And the more weapon types I use and level past 11, the more I appreciate the fast weapon-switching system of PSU. I sometimes switch between all my weapons in a matter of seconds to get the most out of them. Great melee system.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 9, 2006, 10:20 AM
I'm a sword hunter primarily. I have 4 swords (dark, light, cold, earth) and dual buster (dark) and a hand gun/saber combo to round it off. I've always been a sword man.

Kenshin_
Nov 9, 2006, 10:34 AM
So far I really love Twin Saber and Twin Dagger! Their PA at lev 21 and above are really awesome!
I'd like sword too, if not so dam slow! I don't like spear too much, I use them when I must level up my ranger job to become figunner, but it's really hard for me who hates gun at all!

MayLee
Nov 9, 2006, 10:36 AM
I'm not used to the game, I've only had it for at least a week so I'd say, the Handgun and wand.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 9, 2006, 11:01 PM
The shotgun. I can hit multiple foes from afar, or I can get up close and do heavy damage, AND get close to the action. The status effects are merely a nice little boost to me.

The handgun/saber combo. Great for when things get scary or when I need PP to regenerate.

The machinegun. It just looks cool to unload a fast-emptying weapon and toss it aside, possibly for another machinegun.

Bahamut89
Nov 9, 2006, 11:10 PM
Ranger: Rifle. I'd like to use shots, mechguns, and twin handguns, but they're rather (hideously) weak compared to a rifle.

Force: Wands (and handguns, I guess). I can't handle the slowness of rods.

I'm a newman, BTW.

EphekZ
Nov 9, 2006, 11:15 PM
Human hunter- set #1: Fire-type Sucker & Fire bullet Lockgun
set #2: Ice-type Sucker & Ice bullet B'duki Oga

edit:ah yeah, why; I just always liked daggers and with the second combo on the photon element works very good, and really I dont need a sword since they're too slow. also, I like using the Handguns along with it, since it's good for some enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-09 20:17 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Nov 10, 2006, 12:13 AM
I personally don't have a set favorite gun as of yet. First it was Saber + Handgun, but I maxed their PAs, so I went to Dagger + Mechgun and maxed THOSE out, so now I'm using Twin Handguns and a Spear... and I'm about to max these ones too. o_o;;

Out of the aforementioned weapons, I prefer the Dagger over the Saber and the Handgun over the Mechgun, but... I'd have to say that once Crossbows are released, I'll be using it 24/7.

Bahamut89
Nov 10, 2006, 12:19 AM
I've got my heart set on crossbows too.

Bahamut89's rule #1: If you can use a crossbow in a game, use it.

Single daggers are pretty badass too. I paired them with my mechguns, and found them to be better than my guns entirely, all while looking cool.

Panaru
Nov 10, 2006, 01:50 AM
I'm a beast huntress, and I use twin sabers because I love the knock-up effect of the PA. I have four dual slashers all grinded to 3 in lightning, ice, dark, and neutral, a dual pallasch grinded to 3, and a twin buster grinded to 5. Those last two are getting replaced by two more dual slashers (fire and light).

YohmeiSuras
Nov 10, 2006, 02:50 AM
thats a odd thing to say? what type of weapon.. ill tell you. i use all of them as much as possible (except the cane type weapons) as long as they have this feature i can change around all types of weapons pikes provide the long-short attacks while sabers and daggers are close range. blasters and gun type weapons provide safe cover to heal yourself (remeber the photon charges) and tow handed swords are like pike on they hit a wide area of targets. bows i love as well (drool) i didnt know they had these in her.crossbow same as the bow only differnt. so if my question it all of them... right down to the guns and swords (wait did i mention....NO CANES)