PDA

View Full Version : Who here is Sick! of Synth Failures?!

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 09:09 PM
Seriously, this is starting to tick me off, my PM is level 60 and mostly strike and I tried again to synth some low level weapons (with only 1 synth) and they gave me a monomate or scapedoll. This is so freaking retarded of SEGA in my opinion, you work and work to get the dang boards and rare items to make the stuff and they only give you one freaking try to make it and then it does that crap....

...SORRY, just really ticked! It has happened 3 times in a row with the Flourescent Bulb and several times for other 1 synth weaps I've gotten. At LEAST! give them more than 1 try to make. Usually after the first failure with lesser weaps/items it will make it the second time...

Parn
Nov 8, 2006, 09:15 PM
This is how you keep rare items rare. If they were easy to make and anyone could get them without issue, they wouldn't be rare!

I wasted over 30K trying to synth a Youmei 5* dagger. Failed all three synths at 55%. Failed numerous other synths as well. That's just the way it goes. Everyone wanted meseta to be worth something after PSO. Well, now meseta has value. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 09:17 PM
welcome to the world of crafting. Other than wow, where your craft is 100% succesful but you can't craft anything good, crafting blows. You will fail alot. accept it or let others do it and buy the overpriced equipment they have since they failed alot too.

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 09:18 PM
I understand your point Parn but do you think you'll still feel that way later on when you get TRUE Rares! and not 5 star junk? Mine was only 3 or 4 stars and it didnt work! Just wait till your losing out at 11 star weapon/armor/item etc.

You'll be singing a different tune then, I'm sure of it! And don't forget those synth's usually require a LOT more items to perform the synth, and that is no easy task to find either.

RARE, yeah, too rare to be worth the time at this rate.....the game should not be as Frustrating as previous PSO's to get weapons worth playing with.....Or would you prefer everyone else had the weapon you've always wanted and unless your extremely lucky there is no way you'll ever use it?

Parn
Nov 8, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:18, DarkSeph wrote:
You'll be singing a different tune then, I'm sure of it!
Nope! Maybe you play the game for the items, but I play the game for the community, and the fact that I can pick it up and play at any time and make progress. Cool looking weapons are nice and all, and they give me something to look forward to, but it's not the driving force for me to play. I'm still using mostly C rank gear at level 30. *shrug*

I mean, I listen to people go crazy about Inverter Circuits and getting the Flourescent Bulb, and my take is... what's the big deal? Heh...

But, more power to you I suppose. However, it doesn't change the situation any. The synthing system isn't going to change, so my recommendation is to either suck it up, or stop synthing and start saving money to buy from people who are willing to do it themselves.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 8, 2006, 09:37 PM
The true rares have higher success ratios for the most part, you just only get one go on the board.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:42 PM
I'm waiting for them to release an item that costs 777,000 meseta, has one charge, and garauntees the next synth to succede. I would buy it, get my Seal J-Sword and then probably /wrist after it breaks on the very first grind after blowing so much meseta to garauntee one aspect of a weapon, and completely screw the other.

I like the way it is now. Broke 5 flourescent bulbs today bringing my grand total to 9 broken, 0 synths succeded.

I cried when my Twin Crea Sabers I was makin' for a friend broke earlier today. 94% chance to succede, and it falls on the 6% category and blows up in my face. LOL

It's like my randomizer delema the other day all over again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-08 18:43 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 09:44 PM
That's why we have shops.

Synth it yourself for free, and risk it all.

or get a guaranteed item, but pay for it.

This is how life works son.

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 09:47 PM
Good Greif! That's way worse than I ever expected, I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut Garnet_Moon, your luck is way worse than mine has been....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SIDE NOTE: I had to pay 20000 Meseta just to play with the Flourescent Bulb that wasn't the type I wanted and very low Element Percentage, just because someone got luckier than me and was actually able to make the darn thing. I don't care who you are or what your take is on this game, that's just wrong and rediculous!

So is the luck part! But hey, this is how Phantasy Star works....so I'll either shut up or stop playing...... Guess you'll know which I'm gonna do soon enough.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 8, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:47, DarkSeph wrote:
Good Greif! That's way worse than I ever expected, I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut Garnet_Moon, your luck is way worse than mine has been....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I should note that my PM is 80 strike and 20 mind, so I had quite a bonus from that and still went on a failing spree today. lol

Xbob
Nov 8, 2006, 10:01 PM

SIDE NOTE: I had to pay 20000 Meseta just to play with the Flourescent Bulb that wasn't the type I wanted and very low Element Percentage, just because someone got luckier than me and was actually able to make the darn thing. I don't care who you are or what your take is on this game, that's just wrong and rediculous!

So is the luck part! But hey, this is how Phantasy Star works....so I'll either shut up or stop playing...... Guess you'll know which I'm gonna do soon enough.

Wrong and ridiculous? Just about everything is wrong and ridiculous, that's why it's fun!

ZiG
Nov 8, 2006, 10:04 PM
I have less of a problem with synthing success than grinding success. I have never, ever, ever succeeded a grind when I had a "high chance of success", and about half of my "very high chance of success" fail. It's gotten to the point where I just don't grind my shit anymore. Expert Types will be here soon, anyway.

Breaking Rivet Gloves with a Grinder B +8 on the 3rd grind is what set me over the edge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZiG on 2006-11-08 19:05 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 10:05 PM
Ouch Garnet, the random number generator seems to hate you with a passion. :/

Candor
Nov 8, 2006, 10:18 PM
I seem to be having the opposite luck of Garnet (not trying to make you feel bad), most of my "important" synths succeed. But I still dread the thought of having to do it again if it broke. I just now got my Gigaline (first time) and the 3 hours it took to synth were absolute hell, don't know what i would have done if it failed (probably cry).

Synthing is both a blessing and a curse, it's just luck after that.

hucast21
Nov 8, 2006, 10:33 PM

You departed the 20000 meseta on your own accord. Nobody didn't force you to hand over the amount for a novelty weapon.

You wanted it right? You got it now, so stop complaining. I'm sure the guy who synthed it, failed as many times as you did. The difference between you and him, is he didn't give up.

Mazoku
Nov 8, 2006, 10:37 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:18, Candor wrote:
I seem to be having the opposite luck of Garnet (not trying to make you feel bad), most of my "important" synths succeed. But I still dread the thought of having to do it again if it broke. I just now got my Gigaline (first time) and the 3 hours it took to synth were absolute hell, don't know what i would have done if it failed (probably cry).

Synthing is both a blessing and a curse, it's just luck after that.

Yeah, I failed on a Gigaline and a Fluorescent Bulb yesterday. Now I can either gather up 15 more nanocarbon and probably fail again or pay 140k for a Gigaline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazoku on 2006-11-08 19:38 ]</font>

Candor
Nov 8, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-11-08 19:37, Mazoku wrote:
Yeah, I failed on a Gigaline and a Fluorescent Bulb yesterday. Now I can either gather up 15 more nanocarbon and probably fail again or pay 140k for a Gigaline.

you actually found one in a shop? i would have gone that route, but let's just say that last night i actually dreamed that the synth worked. they have a way of coming true ya know.

DarkSeph
Nov 8, 2006, 11:34 PM
I'm not a Whiner, Complainer, the like.....but this needs to be said and I'm gonna say it so read or don't read, that's all up to you.

I'm not complaining, I'm stating facts here, and the facts are that this is rediculous, to me. Keep in mind these are my opinions and you are free to state your own obviously but don't get on me for feeling abused and mistreated by SEGA. I blew 100+ Hours in Phantasy Star for the Dreamcast and then 350+ Hours for the Gamecube PSO and I never once! got a really awesome weapon or shield or item that I wanted (best I had was Yamato, seriously) So I am very very frustrated and feel like I did playing Neopets....you work so so hard just to get maybe 1 thing you want and there isn't even a hope of getting it apparently because I haven't yet. Some get luck and some don't, but why should this be like Vegas? This is a Video Game, Not Real Life! Rules can be changed they don't have to imitate the world we live in, that is the whole point of a Video Game. Every other game I have ever played at some point you could get all the cool weaps/items that you were looking for and you didn't feel hopeless trying. And there will be those who will say "Yeah but that will ruin the game if everyone is running around with all those weapons"....well to that I say You! are obviously someone who Got what YOU Wanted! And only you knows if you really earned it or not. But why should there be some who get everything and others who never get anything and all the inbetweens.... So what if everyone were to get what they wanted, all SEGA would have to do is make more weaps/items, etc and release them into the game, it's not that big of a deal, and if they really cared about us there would no questions asked. I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way because everyone seems to be so hardcore on this game they don't care if they are getting shafted or not.

Honestly, I will not stop playing this game because of all this but I wont be playing it as much, as hardcore as I would have liked to.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 8, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-11-08 18:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I cried when my Twin Crea Sabers I was makin' for a friend broke earlier today. 94% chance to succede, and it falls on the 6% category and blows up in my face. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-08 18:43 ]</font>

Er, you're lying. 7 star boards have a 90% chance of success on a 100 striking PM, and I'd know this cause I have one on JP and one on NA with Crea boards in each.

Zanbatou
Nov 8, 2006, 11:43 PM
I'm lucky I got a gigaline on the second try and got 2 rappy statues to succeed, my bulb failed though =(

Have a picture! http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/2487/psu20061109004209001tn1.png Rappy slayers may NOT look...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zanbatou on 2006-11-08 20:44 ]</font>

Desudesu
Nov 9, 2006, 12:17 AM

Ouch. Hoping mine doesn't break. I'd hate to lose all that meseta I put into it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Desudesu on 2006-11-08 21:17 ]</font>

RamenEater
Nov 9, 2006, 01:00 AM
This is nothing comapred to FFXI synthing.

Rageking
Nov 9, 2006, 04:34 AM
On 2006-11-08 20:34, DarkSeph wrote:
I'm not a Whiner, Complainer, the like.....but this needs to be said and I'm gonna say it so read or don't read, that's all up to you.

I'm not complaining, I'm stating facts here, and the facts are that this is rediculous, to me. Keep in mind these are my opinions and you are free to state your own obviously but don't get on me for feeling abused and mistreated by SEGA. I blew 100+ Hours in Phantasy Star for the Dreamcast and then 350+ Hours for the Gamecube PSO and I never once! got a really awesome weapon or shield or item that I wanted (best I had was Yamato, seriously) So I am very very frustrated and feel like I did playing Neopets....you work so so hard just to get maybe 1 thing you want and there isn't even a hope of getting it apparently because I haven't yet. Some get luck and some don't, but why should this be like Vegas? This is a Video Game, Not Real Life! Rules can be changed they don't have to imitate the world we live in, that is the whole point of a Video Game. Every other game I have ever played at some point you could get all the cool weaps/items that you were looking for and you didn't feel hopeless trying. And there will be those who will say "Yeah but that will ruin the game if everyone is running around with all those weapons"....well to that I say You! are obviously someone who Got what YOU Wanted! And only you knows if you really earned it or not. But why should there be some who get everything and others who never get anything and all the inbetweens.... So what if everyone were to get what they wanted, all SEGA would have to do is make more weaps/items, etc and release them into the game, it's not that big of a deal, and if they really cared about us there would no questions asked. I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way because everyone seems to be so hardcore on this game they don't care if they are getting shafted or not.

Honestly, I will not stop playing this game because of all this but I wont be playing it as much, as hardcore as I would have liked to.

Oh just go outside and get a life.....

Pandatron
Nov 9, 2006, 07:38 AM
Seriously in comparison to other synthing systems in games like i know FFXI is crazy talk (i've heard much about it and don't plan to test those waters...ever). Likewise so did another game of younger years I mean RO (Ragnarok Online) was pretty bad too.

Also one thing i find amusing people so far have been angry over broken weapons and no so much armor or statuses. I can't wait till they come out with grind items that have some perplex equation that'll cause most people to go "wtf how is it striking*.3 + ranged*.5 + (tech*(armor*2)). That will be the day i truly lol. xD.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 9, 2006, 08:19 AM
Whether you want to believe it or not, you my friend are a whiner. read your post again. there is no fact in there. there is barely any opinion. There is though plenty of whine...

stop playing the game or accept that your PSU/PSO luck in horrible. I have and I'm having fun trying to change said bad luck around. complaining won't do it.

On 2006-11-08 20:34, DarkSeph wrote:

Kent
Nov 9, 2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah, it sucks to fail synth like that, on something you try to... But it's your fault, because you took the risk willingly.

And it's my fault for succeeding on every synth I've made for myself, a lot of which were below 60%. Oh well. Now watch me fail miserably on a Crea or something. :/

Kira_88
Nov 9, 2006, 08:52 AM
Failed 7 straight 5* synths with an 80% chance and lvl 1 luck, then blew the 1 I managed to make with a grinder +8;; Synthing is evil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FFXI crafting wasnt as bad for me >.> I rarely blew things up.

Cerulean
Nov 9, 2006, 08:56 AM
On 2006-11-08 18:09, DarkSeph wrote:
Seriously, this is starting to tick me off, my PM is level 60 and mostly strike and I tried again to synth some low level weapons (with only 1 synth) and they gave me a monomate or scapedoll. This is so freaking retarded of SEGA in my opinion, you work and work to get the dang boards and rare items to make the stuff and they only give you one freaking try to make it and then it does that crap....

...SORRY, just really ticked! It has happened 3 times in a row with the Flourescent Bulb and several times for other 1 synth weaps I've gotten. At LEAST! give them more than 1 try to make. Usually after the first failure with lesser weaps/items it will make it the second time...

I feel your pain, but on the other hand I wouldn't have it any other way. Basically, I have the same point of view on this as Parn.

To put it in PSO terms, failed synths are like killing a Redria Hidelt in Forest 2... and getting a Photon Drop.

You could make the same argument there. Why would Sega make a monster only have a 1/384 chance of dropping a rare that is crucial to ult mode melee and ON TOP OF THAT give it the chance to drop a worthless item that INSULT OF INSULTS looks, at first glance, exactly (spinning red box) like the rare you need?

Meseta has value and good weapons have value now. Everything has a tangible valuable now.

Char
Nov 9, 2006, 09:01 AM
Umm idk if ppl have said this already but if you use a regular old photon to synth it increases your chances by around 10%
Now i know you dont get ice or fire or sometin but thats the price for success if you dont want to take a chance. which it seems most of you do alot.

Kano-Okami
Nov 9, 2006, 09:54 AM
I'm amused by it.
No where else can you try to Synth Tenora branch knuckles with a 91% sucess ratio,
put in metal ores, woods, and photons,
and wind up with fuitjuice.
100% fruitjuice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2006-11-09 07:09 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 9, 2006, 11:22 AM
SADFACE!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's more fun if it's scary and mysterious! I somehow synthed three Rippers with a 53% chance on each and, well, that was just fancy, but I've killed a Brassacle grinding to +2. So really, REALLY, shut up. If you really don't like failing at things that are completely fabricated and not rooted in reality NOR have any more effect on you than you allow, don't take the chance. Buy shit from the shops or from other playes but do not bitch and moan that the system is against you personally.

It's against everyone and that's fantastic.

Arieta
Nov 9, 2006, 11:47 AM
It can be annoying. I have a 80% chance to make 5* B weapons with my PM. So I decide to make a few other weapons to get all the elements on my side. First two fail! They failed with 80%! Last one gave me a 20% element weapon. Wasn't feeling to happy about that, but I gave it another try because I had a little extra money and wanted to see if I could do better. That's when I got my 50% element weapons xD