PDA

View Full Version : PM Combat lvls

KitsuneKing
Nov 8, 2006, 09:29 PM
does anyone know what raises it?

i've heard its by mission points.. but im not sure if thats true or not.

ZiG
Nov 8, 2006, 09:35 PM
I was just about to start a thread about this, glad I checked first.

Do they get Combat xp like we do? Do I need to let her shoot stuff before I kill it, or can I just blaze through shit?

SonicTMP
Nov 8, 2006, 09:39 PM
Hard to tell. I took my PM thru relics C a few runs and she didn't even gain one full level. They might have to atacully get killing blows or at least tag stuff to get exp. And since they are very timid at level 0.. it's gonna take awhile to get them up.

Suraku
Nov 8, 2006, 09:41 PM
Nah mission points don't really increase its combat level, because I tested it and I didnt let my PM attack at all and it didnt gain any expierence. Seems like you have to let it fight some and it'll only gain the expierence once the mission is over.

KitsuneKing
Nov 8, 2006, 10:47 PM
yeah, i saw someone's pm at lvl 24 and was like @_@ wow.. mines around 3-4ish and she's kinda getting more agressive now. wonder what she's like at 100 hm..

Ether
Nov 8, 2006, 11:10 PM
I'm fairly certain that they have to tag stuff, and that they get exp the same way we do. I got my 440 earlier today, and proceded to do 5 B-rank dragon runs with a few friends, after the whole thing my PM was level 1, halfway to level 2

I then did Mad creatures on C rank, and let my PM tag everything, and it got 1/3rd a level doing just that. If it was based on mission points, the 3 from that should'nt have made a noticable addition to the 50~ gotten from dragon runs

Ether
Nov 9, 2006, 07:12 AM
Ok I just tested this, the results were somewhat surprising. Its not exp, and its not mission points. All the PM has to do is clear a mission to level

I screenshotted my PMs level, then went to C rank Linear Line and let her kill every monster for 2 blocks, then quit and went back to my room. The level didn't move. At all. Not one pixel

So I went back to linear line C rank, and cleared the whole thing, not letting my PM tag more than maybe 2 enemies by accident. After finishing and getting the reward, heres what her level looked like

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1914/beforedy7.jpg Before
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9236/afteres1.jpg After

Pretty significant for only a 5 minute mission. Time to spam LL I think...

Sammy
Nov 9, 2006, 07:22 AM
While PSU pedia was still up I read that combat levels affected synthing. If this was true it's gonna be shit having to raise alternative chars.

Wallin
Nov 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
Bump.

Does anyone know if the amount of... whatever, required for each level is the same or if it increases as well?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-10 20:32 ]</font>

Parn
Nov 11, 2006, 12:13 AM
I'd just like to state for the record that my 440 hit combat level 11 today. Usually I've had to heal her with star atomizers during my solo runs through B rank, but today, she surprised me. She's been saying new stuff since combat level 10, and when she was at yellow health, she said "A little help here?" and pulled out a wand. She then started spamming resta until she was healed to full, then switched back to her shotgun and resumed shooting at those annoying nano-dragon wannabes. I was a good distance away from her, but ran into range for one of them to land on me.

That was certainly interesting. I look forward to seeing how much better she gets at combat level 20.

Scuri
Nov 11, 2006, 12:50 AM
My 440 started using Resta at level 3.

SpishackCola
Nov 11, 2006, 01:46 AM
Who wants to help level my awesomesauce PM?

drmcst45
Nov 11, 2006, 02:04 AM
not i said the fly.

im leveling mine by solo-ing Groves of Fanatics on B.

SpishackCola
Nov 11, 2006, 02:30 AM
Wish we had some numbers to go by to determine how much of an increase in B St is gained from different missions/mission difficulty levels.

Wallin
Nov 11, 2006, 03:01 AM
I did my own research today, here are the results I found:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126459&forum=22&0

Sammy
Nov 11, 2006, 04:18 AM
On 2006-11-10 21:13, Parn wrote:
I'd just like to state for the record that my 440 hit combat level 11 today. Usually I've had to heal her with star atomizers during my solo runs through B rank, but today, she surprised me. She's been saying new stuff since combat level 10, and when she was at yellow health, she said "A little help here?" and pulled out a wand. She then started spamming resta until she was healed to full, then switched back to her shotgun and resumed shooting at those annoying nano-dragon wannabes. I was a good distance away from her, but ran into range for one of them to land on me.

That was certainly interesting. I look forward to seeing how much better she gets at combat level 20.

Parn did it's synth rate go up? I'm suspecting it only goes up for whatever the description says it specializes in, but if it goes up for all the synthes I have no complaints.

watashiwa
Nov 11, 2006, 05:01 AM
My PM's (GH-420) Combat level is 40 now.. and like Parn, I've noticed her say new things..

In addition to that, I've noticed her running around the field or into enemies all by herself now. Although, she seems pretty clumsy and sometimes runs into a wall, she'll just go off on her own when I'm standing there casting spells... making a zig zag around the room out of nowhere, then standing still AWAY from me, then eventually running back to me...

SpishackCola
Nov 11, 2006, 05:36 AM
Got mine to level 3..yea. I'm all behind and shiz

watashiwa
Nov 15, 2006, 09:29 PM
Slightly old topic, but Ether is correct in that PM's battle strategy is not raised by mission points and just by mission completion. (Doesn't matter the mission..)

I just did a test I had been wanting to do...

Picture of my PM's battle level before anything.

http://www.pioneer2.net/pm_lv_before.jpg

This is after a quick Linear Line C run (any extra rooms and enemies were skipped when possible..)

http://www.pioneer2.net/pm_lv_llc.jpg

This is after a quick Linear Line A run (same deal)

http://www.pioneer2.net/pm_lv_lla.jpg

Basically raised the PM's battle level bar the same amount.. so.. to quckly level, just run Unsafe Passage C, skipping ahead rooms when possible and enemies too.

About to spam the hell out of that place right now.

KitsuneKing
Nov 15, 2006, 09:40 PM
hmm that's awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

i'm about to do the same when i have nothing else to do. nice find soda http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

watashiwa
Nov 15, 2006, 09:57 PM
Wasn't my find, was Ether's! I was just confirming it because I needed more than a "before" and "after" shot like Ether had in their first pots..

I wanted a before and after from the same mission at different ranks.. lol.. But yeah, it is pretty nice. =)

drmcst45
Nov 15, 2006, 10:05 PM
how about when you complete a mission (say you beat Onmagoug) then abandon the mission so you can repeat the mission, does the PM still gain exp?

watashiwa
Nov 15, 2006, 10:12 PM
Yes.. it does.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 15, 2006, 10:15 PM
On 2006-11-15 19:05, drmcst45 wrote:
how about when you complete a mission (say you beat Onmagoug) then abandon the mission so you can repeat the mission, does the PM still gain exp?

I thought of that too after not seeing any info on it. Since they didn't get XP from normal mobs, and only got it with an S Rank(you have to try to get lower than an S solo, c'mon.), I wondered if you had to complete the mission by entering the lobby at the end or not. I did Unsafe Passage C and after I hit abandon, then warped to my room. She definately gets points if you abandon. I then went on to get 3 Flourescent Bulb Boards by repeating Fight for Food C. Of which none of them synthed successfully. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-15 19:17 ]</font>

drmcst45
Nov 15, 2006, 10:31 PM
awesome deal. thanks

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 16, 2006, 12:28 AM
totally off topic, how much does the power inverter deal thing go for wich I belive is a mat for the floresent bulb saber.

I had one when i first started and i sold it way too cheap I think (like 400 meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) but I got another yesterday and want to sell it for a fair price.

Lastat27
Nov 16, 2006, 02:05 AM
Excellent post, I always thought your PM level'd just by completing a mission, I never realized it was based on the Rank you acheive.

I would like to note that my PM is also a 100 Armor PM. Her B St level is now 38 and there is no change in any % for any item she has synthed thus far. Gigaline is still 56%, Terroline 51%, and things like Rappy Landscapes, and De Ragan Figures are still 64%. Also, the amount of time it takes her to synth armor (2-4 hours) is still the same as when she first started. Either the Pedia information is wrong, or the change is so small that it doesn't raise it an entire %.

Or... perhaps the % increase isn't added to the % you see, but rather remains hidden and is added on without you knowing it. So when your PM synth's something successful with a 5% success rate, you could say it was luck, or perhaps there was a +25% "hidden" increase to help her along. Who knows. (; - _ -)

On a side note, I haven't noticed any change to my PM's stats, damage, IQ level, tactics, or well... anything for that matter as her B St level rises.

She still does 110-115 dmg with each pistol, and an 80 dmg spread with her shotgun. She still fires only once every five or so seconds (terribly slow), and she still has a rather average accuracy rate. I haven't even noticed a change in her damage as she leveled up with me from 40-50(cap) (She leveled 50-60).

The only purpose of B St level that I can see at the moment might be to unlock each PM's three advanced jobs which are currently unavailable (eg. 441 Shotgun, 442 Bow, 443 Laser Cannon). I can't wait to get my PM a Laser Cannon as a PM 443, hopefully this will balance her slow rate of fire.

I am very jealous of PM's like 410 that can dish out 500 damage with a single PA with nearly 100% accuracy. Make our Ranger PM's have a stronger shot, or a faster rate of fire. It's bad enough we have to get a Ranger PM into melee range. I guess when a PM is ugly, she makes up for it in damage. (Sorry >.>)

watashiwa
Nov 16, 2006, 02:29 AM
On 2006-11-15 23:05, Lastat27 wrote:
Excellent post, I always thought your PM level'd just by completing a mission, I never realized it was based on the Rank you acheive.

Did you read the topic at all?

Ether
Nov 16, 2006, 02:42 AM
Actually, it seems to have been since learned that rank does effect how much exp the PM gets

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126459&forum=22&47

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 16, 2006, 02:46 AM
Hmm you say the diffrent models for each pm is a diffrent "job" with a diffrent weapon? I thought it was just a model change. I wanted the black and white french maid the GH 413.... if that holds true wonder what weapon she will use? I like the 410's weapons they are good.

watashiwa
Nov 16, 2006, 06:24 AM
On 2006-11-15 23:42, Ether wrote:
Actually, it seems to have been since learned that rank does effect how much exp the PM gets

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126459&forum=22&47

Oh, thanks. I almost never check the gameplay forum...

Both of my runs were done with receiving A rank...

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 16, 2006, 08:25 AM
Supposdly they get stronger as your combat lvl increases.

Lastat27
Nov 16, 2006, 10:31 AM
Did you read the topic at all?

Um.. yes. I read the entire thread. And for the record it's not called "Combat Level" it's actually "B St" level, but you hopefully already knew that.

Also, all of your posts only slightly brush upon the information that Wallin has given us in his extensive research. He posted here in this thread a few posts before you joined in and he was the one I was responding to. He also seems to have a 100 armor PM and didn't know much about synth %'s as "B St" level rises.

[quote]I did my own research today, here are the results I found:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126459&forum=22&0</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you Wallin (^_^)v

- -
Mod edit: fix table stretching.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-11-16 07:36 ]</font>

PosiBolt
Nov 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
So tell me, with a pure armor PM, has the chance to make armor really increased for you at all from a base model's chance? I know a ranged PM increases ranged weapon synthesis, and likewise swords for a strike PM, but I don't know if there has really been any improvement for armor PM's yet...

I have a GM-430, pure ranged, and from what I've seen her B St Level has affected her synth %. At Production level 100, I had a 80% chance to make a 5 star ranged weapon. Since i've started leveling her battle level, that has gone up to 85%.
Her Battle level is about 23 or so now. I'm not entirely sure what level it went up to 85% at, and i'll try to keep an eye out to see if/when it goes up again to determine how often it may happen.

At least, I think it's the B St level that's affecting it, but i'll do some more leveling to find out for certain. If it does, it seems to only effect her ranged weapon synthing, since that's what she specializes in. It's either that, or something stupid like me remembering it at 80% right before she hit 100 ranged, but only time and levels will tell.

bleyzwun
Nov 16, 2006, 03:59 PM
All you have to do is get S-Rank scores and it goes up. I don't know if the difficulty of the missions affect it at all though. I was doing Linear Line Rank C but switched over to Parum. If your level is pretty high I would def. recommend doing Parum Rank C. It takes about the same amount of time as Linear Line but has much better drops. I've been skipping the 2nd part of the mission and just repeating the first. It's a lot quicker, though I dont know if doing the real missions (with bosses) gives PMs more exp.