PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap why can't they have mails to anyone instead of pca

Marks
Nov 9, 2006, 12:15 AM
It's really annoying to not being able to send mail to people whose partner card you don't have.

A2K
Nov 9, 2006, 12:20 AM
How exactly would it work otherwise? The entire point of exchanging partner cards is to keep in touch; if you don't exchange cards, you can't keep in touch.

Marks
Nov 9, 2006, 12:23 AM
The point of partner is to have a friends list, from which you can see if your friends are online, what character they are on, where they are, what level they are, and to invite them easily to your group. This is the main function of a friends list.

The mails however should work the same way as now except you can manually type in the recipient rather than select from your card list. If the recipient does not exist, it will give you an error.

mogshaz
Nov 9, 2006, 12:24 AM
On 2006-11-08 21:23, Marks wrote:
The point of partner is to have a friends list, from which you can see if your friends are online, what character they are on, where they are, what level they are, and to invite them easily to your group. This is the main function of a friends list.

The mails however should work the same way as now except you can manually type in the recipient rather than select from your card list. If the recipient does not exist, it will give you an error.

That would make sense....sorta like how actual mail works.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 9, 2006, 12:30 AM
If you could mail anybody it would be too easy to harrase/stalk sombody its good the way it is.

But I miss sending mail from the P card directly.

Used to search for your friends and if they were online you could send them mail, now you have to go into the mail dialog, add recipiants, then add text, then send it... takes longer and is a big hassle.

Also a major major flaw in your theory about being able to type in a name manually is that there is no name restriction in this game. Anybody can have any name, so you cant send anything by name it has to be account # wich is not as convienent.

I have a hunter lvl 7 named dierdre and a force lvl 15 named dierdre.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-08 21:32 ]</font>

A2K
Nov 9, 2006, 12:34 AM
On 2006-11-08 21:30, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Used to search for your friends and if they were online you could send them mail, now you have to go into the mail dialog, add recipiants, then add text, then send it... takes longer and is a big hassle.

That said, though, PSU's system now allows you to send to multiple recipients at the same time.

You also covered just what I was about to say regarding character names and partner card numbers. It just isn't practical.

Neyaa
Nov 9, 2006, 12:36 AM
I like the mail / pcard system. Feels really .hackish to me, now all we need is the ability to check forums in game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SonicTMP
Nov 9, 2006, 12:43 AM
the problem is, if you forget someone's card or erase it by mistake finding them again can be impossible. A standard chat system would of been better. at least we wouldn't have 50 renames of the same character.

Phaze37
Nov 9, 2006, 01:03 AM
Where have you seen 50 people using the same name? I know you're obviously exagerating, but is having multiple characters with the same name ever a problem? At least with this system we can actually use normal names, and we don't see nearly as many people using names filled with seemingly random numbers and symbols in order to make it unique. It took me over an hour to figure out a normal sounding name that wasn't already taken in WoW.

The_Gio
Nov 9, 2006, 01:15 AM
On 2006-11-08 21:36, Neyaa wrote:
I like the mail / pcard system. Feels really .hackish to me, now all we need is the ability to check forums in game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

you know if playonline was mixed with psu it would feel just like dothack

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2006-11-08 22:15 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Nov 9, 2006, 01:48 AM
On 2006-11-08 22:03, Phaze37 wrote:
Where have you seen 50 people using the same name? I know you're obviously exagerating, but is having multiple characters with the same name ever a problem? At least with this system we can actually use normal names, and we don't see nearly as many people using names filled with seemingly random numbers and symbols in order to make it unique. It took me over an hour to figure out a normal sounding name that wasn't already taken in WoW.

Well true I'm exagerating. But I have seen a number of repeats. Not as bad as PSO was. Oddly enough I saw about 20 (im not kidding here) Kos-Mos back in japan. Obession is fun.. O_O

Granted the numbers and symbols suck but in a way when everyone can have the same name it sorta takes out part of the uniqueness of it all. They could os used Last names also like GW does. Meh what can ya do.

Just wish you had a history list of people you played with recently you coudl pull cards from.

Realmz
Nov 9, 2006, 01:49 AM
Bills....bills...bills...jury duty...bills....

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 9, 2006, 02:03 AM
LOL I had a the original Kos-Mos back on gamecube for America, and thought about making my cast on PSU named that and changed my mind thinking it would be heavily used.

I am glad we dont have unique names I hate having to not use a name I like and settle for somthing I dont like so much, I am not one of the people that can add symbols or numbers to my name and be happy with it.

Mystil
Nov 9, 2006, 08:35 AM
I like how you can recieve mail even if you're offline. Like they can say hi to you while you're gone and you will recieve it on your next log in. Very helpful feature there..

Rizen
Nov 9, 2006, 08:51 AM
Personally, I wouldnt be a fan of this idea...for obvious reasons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
(Imagines getting 1000s of mails at a time ><)

Zer0_ConvoY
Nov 10, 2006, 07:18 AM
#1 having the same name is more realistic, espically if you choose an original name or a super obscure reference, I have a Tortus Tepes and Ailill Agrona, both alliteration I relized after the fact, but if someone knows the meaning of those names/ thinks they are cool enough to use themselves, well its an ice breaker and a way to make a new friend. Hell, my main is Zer0, if we get an option to have more characters I'll make a ConvoY and have yet another obscure reference that'd be cool to see on another character.

#2 yeah, its not so much that mail should be able to have any recipient but you should be able to send a card request to people not immediatly in front of you, I've seen/met people I wanted to say hi to or who were interesting and before I can say hi or request a card exchange they run off into a game, I'm not gonna hunt down what game they just went into 'cause it'll probably be locked, or what about meeting people IRL who play? "yeah I play PSU, my names blahblah and I play on whatever universe i get thrown on and I'm on at all different times" well then, its like you might as well not be playing as we're not likely to run into each other.

sorry for ranting, I just woke up and I tend to run on when grogy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer0_ConvoY on 2006-11-10 04:33 ]</font>