PDA

View Full Version : What Happens When You Synth This???

Spectral
Nov 9, 2006, 08:52 AM
Has anyone else noticed that when you can sythesize weapons the following occurs...

Normal photons add about 8% to a success rate.

Fire, Ice, Lightning, Ground, Light and Dark is the baseline.

You have the option of trying to imbue IM and EL Photons but the percentage drops to miniscule levels in the mid 20's???

IM photons are typical for ranged weapons.

EL photons are typical for magic/techinque based weapons.

So what happens if you successfully produce a striking weapon with IM or EL photons???

Zabot
Nov 9, 2006, 08:54 AM
As far as i know, nothing. EL IM, and regular are just regular photons, each used for specific things, or at least some of them. there isnt really any difference i have noticed.

Peace

Dante_Fried
Nov 9, 2006, 08:58 AM
The only change that can occur is that a weapon may change to a weaker form. For example if you put in a 6 star board and you use an IM you may end up getting only a 3 star board. When you use the board and photons, check to make sure the name of the weapon is still the one you want. (This is what I've seen offline). I tried to make a Laser Cannon and I put in an IM and it changed to a blaster (Rifle).

Realmz
Nov 9, 2006, 08:58 AM
[taken from PSUpedia]

[B] Double Saber Becomes the saber Falchion when Im or El-photons are used in the synthesis

Spectral
Nov 9, 2006, 09:04 AM
So are EL and IM photons a wild card?

According to PSU the Double Saber is a 7 star weapon and the Falchion is a 6 star weapon. I know they're varying types of weapons, not even of the same type.

So if you make a sword with IM or EL photons does it turn into a saber?

This now has me really curious if using those photons really screw with the results. They could be for better or worse?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spectral on 2006-11-09 06:07 ]</font>