PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Stores

Kuya
Nov 9, 2006, 01:06 PM
You've all seen stores that sell wood for 200-400...
or Marseline for 2k+....

Have you seen the stores that blatantly say "Overpriced!" and are just terrible? I was browsing stores and didn't read the description...4k for wood. The rest you can just make up because the prices were probably higher. *sigh*

People taking up slot spaces instead of being able to go to legit stores. Thanks :T

JamesKilton
Nov 9, 2006, 01:16 PM
Um, they tell you that the stuff is not really for sale, so what's the problem? PMs can only hold a certain number of items (300 unique items IIRC), so it's more storage. Granted, they probably also have the char storage full as well, that's a lot of items, but nothing for you to complain about.

Tomeeboy
Nov 9, 2006, 01:20 PM
The problem is that the in-game interface for searching and browsing stores will only show about 30 at a time... basically excluding any additional stores that may have the item you are looking for. If most of these stores are basically worthless because of overpricing, false advertising, etc, then the entire search tool effectively becomes worthless as well because it becomes too difficult to find legitimate stores.

Kuya
Nov 9, 2006, 01:31 PM
No, it's not stuff that isn't for sale. Unless you consider monomates stuff that you can't live without. I think it's more along the lines of trying to be funny by shouting 9000, barrel roll, etc. Like Tomeeboy explained (since I just used the point of slot spaces for searches lol), it makes it hard to spend my meseta on legit stores!

panzer_unit
Nov 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
How does the Recommended Stores search work?

I've seen shops with passwords set too, or shops with one item people would generally search for (Nanocarbon generally) priced at 10mil+ just to make them pop up for search.

Bast
Nov 9, 2006, 02:52 PM
I just wish you can search for a particular item and indicate a price range. Most people are selling some items for more then NPC retail. Doesn't make sense.

Saiyuri
Nov 9, 2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah i agree with Bast that they should include a price parameter for searching for items, might make it a little more useful and less time-consuming.

Pengfishh
Nov 9, 2006, 04:35 PM
Haha, I saw that guy with "Overpriced!" in his ad. Had myself a little giggle. At least he knows.

Rider
Nov 9, 2006, 04:42 PM
I was looking through stores and instead of the ad saying, "Cheaper then Vendor! At least 50% off!" which we all know will end up being 50% over the npc selling price instead of under. Anyways, this person's said, "Everything is overpriced! It's awesome! Come check it out!" I thought it was pretty funny.

Weak
Nov 9, 2006, 05:05 PM
I try not to overprice what I put up.

But then, sometimes I feel like I'm putting things up for too little, and that my customers are getting a steal.

From what I've seen though, the majority of stores out there suck hard. There's nothing but worthless/overpriced items. The few that do provide reasonable prices and a steady stock are worth revisiting.

Viper472X
Nov 9, 2006, 05:10 PM
How about a thing that, if you search for an item in a shop, you get the price it sells for there and the stats, like every other MMORPG...I'm sick of going room to room wasting time looking for overpriced crap.

BloodDragoon
Nov 9, 2006, 05:42 PM
I usually sell my stuff at 50% of NPC retail. Only exceptions to this are prices I dont know and B rank weapons that I make that get posted ungrinded for 10K unless the element % is really high.

peenk
Nov 9, 2006, 05:52 PM
Tried to buy Marseline few hours ago and 8/10 shops had the price set at higher than NPC stores which is 1200.
People are retarted.

Evolution
Nov 9, 2006, 06:03 PM
Its actually funn you should mention because I've also noticed that marseline is outrageously priced, I sell mine for 1k and they don't really sell, or if they do they sell very slowly, I tried searching for marseline and just about all the results have really high prices.. I have yet to actually see anyone thats selling Marseline at prices that are lower than NPC yet I'm havinig trouble selling mine which are actually lower than NPC prices, lol.

peenk
Nov 9, 2006, 06:06 PM
Dunno, the first 2 mars I saw that were lower than NPCs were at 900 and I bought 2 of them. Would like to buy more but store only had 2. So keep selling for under 1200 and people will buy I am sure.

Evolution
Nov 9, 2006, 06:09 PM
I think I have 2 or 3 in my store right now although this isn't the trade/store board so I don't want to advertise wrongfully, but if you're on the 360 version pm me.

ZiG
Nov 9, 2006, 06:23 PM
Conversion Boards are your friends.

BloodDragoon
Nov 9, 2006, 06:23 PM
Someone was selling Marseline for 600 meseta each earlier on the PS2 version. I bought out their whole stock tho. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KiteWolfwood
Nov 9, 2006, 07:33 PM
That was probably mine you bought. I sell my stuff for 50% npc. Used the guide that was up a while ago to price my junk.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 9, 2006, 07:43 PM
I hate just about all marseline stores intensely. They don't even know it's real value. ARG! They always sell it for over 1200, and 1200 is it's store price!

Realmz
Nov 9, 2006, 07:44 PM
i need people to stop selling nanocarbons for twice npc price...

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 9, 2006, 08:26 PM
ya, I saw someone selling a Twin Crea Saber for something like 9,000,000 meseta or something like that. and the fact that nobody has a finsihed megaline for sell.

BloodDragoon
Nov 9, 2006, 08:57 PM
I made Brandline and Busterlines only because the materals were easily found while I solo'd. I haven't tried using the megaline board in my PM yet because I dont want to buy the nanocarbon. I'd be more interested in trying a gigaline but again I dont want to buy nanocarbon or buy the board for 10K.

JaireLiay
Nov 9, 2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah. Its easier to just convert stuff into Marseline causes its so rare and needed in alot of things. I actually told this to someone who showed up at my store today.

Also. I have something priced at 10mil, just cause I wanted it showed off. Im keeping it just because I want to see what good it's for later in the game.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 9, 2006, 10:24 PM
If you blacklist a player, will their store be unable to show up on your list? (for that matter, would it even be possible to blacklist them if they're not in their store?)