PDA

View Full Version : Guntehcer 20 or 30 bullets?

klunka
Nov 9, 2006, 02:10 PM
For the longest time I swore than Guntecher maxed out at 10 skills, 30 bullets and 10 techs.

However now I am reading on PSUpedia that Guntehcer is 10 skills, 20 bullets and 10 techs.

Can anyone confirm one way or the other on this?

I really hope this complete gimp is not true.

AngelLight
Nov 9, 2006, 02:17 PM
Guntecher is the hybrid if I'm not mistaken, Ranger and Force. So yeah 20 bullets doesn't surprise me. Traditionally, it would make sense that the pure classes would have access to the max end of PA variations.

Interestingly, Protransers also get 30s in both skills and bullets which is pretty strong. The bullets I understand (followup on targets caught in your traps and making protransers into proc experts with gun/trap combos), the skills for melee arts? Only thing I could possibly think of was so that protransers could "finish" off a target they caught.....but it seems kind of random.

It's possible that might be a typo though, since the other hybrids have two 20s apiece to them.

Lilium
Nov 9, 2006, 02:23 PM
I think the Protransers get 30/30/0 as a compromise for the lack of S Rank weaponry.

klunka
Nov 9, 2006, 02:25 PM
If it's really bumped down to 20 bullets, we better see a raise to 20 techs. If so it's definitely the weakest class by far. Wartecher gets 20 skills,10 bullets, 20 techs. If it stays like this it will make my decision between Guntecher and Wartecher much easier

Itsuki
Nov 9, 2006, 02:39 PM
Guntechers get 10 skills, 30 bullets, 10 techs. Believe me, my main is a guntecher. Buffs just got released online, so I'm itching to see how well they work. They don't appear to get stronger with levels, only last longer, so it seems like guntecher life will be good~

Cross
Nov 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
It's wrong. The JP Wiki (http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/A5CDA5C3A5C8A5EFA1BCA5AFA5E2A1BCA5C92FBEE5B5E9BFA6 2FA5ACA5F3A5C6A5AFA5BFA1BC.html) says 30 Bullet Arts, and I'm far more inclined to believe that.

I can only imagine that somebody changed their Bullet Arts to 20 on PSUPedia because they assumed that Guntechters are meant to be wholly inferior to Fortegunners at using ranged weaponry. What people don't seem to understand is that while Guntechter is a hybrid of Ranger and Force, they are heavily skewed towards Guns, the way that Figunners are heavily skewed toward melee.

klunka
Nov 9, 2006, 03:04 PM
This news pleases me greatly.

Especially is Itsuki's words about buffs are true.

Back to my never ending struggle to decide between Wartecher and Guntecher.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 9, 2006, 06:49 PM
oh man I hope Psupedia is wrong, I want to get to use s rank twin sabers with level 30 photon arts, and I hope the time I spent as a ranger doesn't go to waste. besides, figunners are the only ones that can use double sabers, so there should be level 30 skill arts for them.

Itsuki
Nov 9, 2006, 07:05 PM
Well, I can say with certainty that buffs offline do not increase in power as they increase in level. I'm assuming this will hold true online. But it may not. Only the lasting time increases, though supposeldy theres a pretty big change at 11+ and 21+. At low levels, they last about 2 minutes for about 30pp. Its not so bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-09 16:05 ]</font>

Dusk21
Nov 9, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hmmm however if buffs don't get more powerful, than is say an agtaride giving you as much +atp as shifta? Agtarides last longer than 2 minutes, I suppose yes they are consumables but I find plenty enough of them, and synthing them isn't hard either.

On the other hand the duration increase for shifta/deband in PSO started to get rather large (god I loved my Huney's 20 shifta) so I would assume if its similar that the duration would go through the roof, a clear advantage even if there is no increase to damage per level.

I'm just nitpicking though I guess, I still can't figure whether I wanna be a guntecher or fortegunner and I need a solid reason for one or the other (although S launchers is a pretty good one for forte...)

Itsuki
Nov 9, 2006, 07:26 PM
Actually, agtarides and those kind of items sell from outpost shops after one of the updates for 150meseta. Its still more effective I think to be able to cast i tthen to have to by it.

Carlo210
Nov 10, 2006, 09:06 AM
Fortegunners get faster pp regen and consume less pp per shot. They use slower, higher damage weapons.
Guntechers get the same pp regen and pp cosumption as normal rangers. They use faster weapons. They can also buff and heal themselves when a force isn't willing to.

Dual handguns run out of pp very quickly from my experience, while rifles (at least yohmei ones) stay near the top. Dual pistols have a much better chance of applying status effects than any large gun (rifle, laser, grenade).
Some may argue than guntecher makes a better RANGER than fortegunner due to the status effect thing.

_Deliverance_
Nov 10, 2006, 12:15 PM
Man, am I ever glad that PSUpedia is wrong... If they had only 10 / 20 / 10, that would make them pretty gimpy =O

Realmz
Nov 10, 2006, 12:19 PM
On 2006-11-10 06:06, Carlo210 wrote:
Fortegunners get faster pp regen and consume less pp per shot. They use slower, higher damage weapons.
Guntechers get the same pp regen and pp cosumption as normal rangers. They use faster weapons. They can also buff and heal themselves when a force isn't willing to.

Dual handguns run out of pp very quickly from my experience, while rifles (at least yohmei ones) stay near the top. Dual pistols have a much better chance of applying status effects than any large gun (rifle, laser, grenade).
Some may argue than guntecher makes a better RANGER than fortegunner due to the status effect thing.

well the two new ranged weapons that fortes get tend to change the ranger class for them a bit. they can no deal high damage to a group of mobs (either in a line or bunched up) my guess is that the launchers and cannons will also get the max SE's on them as well.

Guntecher is the support ranger

fortegunner is the artillery http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aberu
Nov 10, 2006, 12:22 PM
You have to realize also that certain expert classes will have different balances of their stats as well since class influences your stats. That means that my choice, fortefighter, albeit behind on skill levels by 10 on guns compared to figunner, will probably have much better atp/dfp/hp. Fortefighter has 30/10/0 and Figunner has 30/20/0. Now the differences. We don't know the stat benefits, but we know the items. Fortefighter get's S-Rank in 3 large AOE weapons; axes, spears, and swords. Figunner gets S-rank in only one, double sabers. Figunner gets access to machineguns, crossbows, and twin handguns. Fortefighter gets access to s-rank axes exclusively. Only protranser can use any axes besides fortefighter. S-rank in twin claws will be cool as well when we get those. So yeah, I am going for fortefighter for the obvious benefit in melee.

Itsuki
Nov 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
Its been said before, the guns the fortegunner gets aren't god weapons. They both consume PP like beasts. Even for a Fortegunner, a level 21+ shot of the gernade can cost 40 pp, a laser does 32pp.

Also, lasers are only level 1 status effects. Gernades start at level 1, end at level 3.

Carlo210
Nov 10, 2006, 03:10 PM
I am going to try a guntecher sort of arsenal right now. Gonna go back to ranger and start levelling dual pistol bullets and see how that goes. Also, about the stat differences, guntechers can buff themselves whilst fortegunners cannot, which may even the playing feild or have guntechers exceed foretgunners in that aspect.
I'm off! If anyone is on the 360 version, you'll see me as a smallarms ranger for a bit.

klunka
Nov 10, 2006, 05:41 PM
I'm definitely being a hybrid force. I just cannot decide between Wartecher and Guntecher. My favorite weapons so far have been twin daggers and twin handguns. I really want to try out both classes. Getting a little antsy for this update to happen. Still 3 weeks at minimum left though huh?

FenixStryk
Nov 10, 2006, 07:13 PM
Guntecher's bullet max is 30, not 20. Whoever changed it is daft.

Tycho
Nov 10, 2006, 07:54 PM
I'd place my bets on 30 too; in any case, the Expert Types page and whatnot just got replaced by a new Types page that actually does contain solid info.