PDA

View Full Version : Twin Lockgun vs. Shooter question!

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 03:28 PM
TWIN LOCKGUN
Rarity: 4
Maker: GRM
PP: 841
ATA: 73
ATP: 102
Requirements: ATA: 68

SHOOTER
Rarity: 4 4
Maker: GRM
ATP: 255
ATA: 94
PP: 1017
Requirements: ATA: 74

I really would like to use Dual Handguns because I find them more fun, but their lack of damage disturbs me greatly. The Rifle already lacks so much damage compared to melee weapons and force spells.

Would getting the 4 star B-rank handguns be a bad decision when I can get the Rifle?

Realmz
Nov 9, 2006, 03:33 PM
try grinding up your weapons. remember your trade off on damage is the fact that you're a reltivly safe distance and status effects (along with using the right bullets for the right enemy)

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 03:35 PM
I would grind them. I'm simply comparing their base stats.

AC9breaker
Nov 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
You'ld be surprise how much damage you can dish out with dual handguns in a short amount of time and with the right elemental damage. Of course it two different styles of play here. Look at Rifles as Swords and Dual handguns as Daggers. Due like to hit and run or plant your self and dish out some big numbers?

klunka
Nov 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
Remember that the twin lockguns have low ATP because they hit twice. Also, MOBILITY. I cannot stress that enough.

Which do you prefer is the question. Handguns are terrific support because the extra hits get you more chances for effects, but the rifle is definitely the weapon of choice for rangers during boss battles.

AC9breaker
Nov 9, 2006, 03:51 PM
Actually, I like using dualies during bosses. Don't forget that you can aim those in fps mode too. Just that their range is a whole lot less then rifles. Though I would have preferred Bow out of all of them.

SleazyDZ
Nov 9, 2006, 04:10 PM
If damage is your main concern then dont be a ranger. Yes, we Rangers can deal some good DMG with our guns but thats not our main objective as a ranger.

Realmz
Nov 9, 2006, 04:21 PM
in truth if your a ranger you should have at least one of the following at all times:
a rifle
a handgun/melee combo
extra guns

when i was a ranger i had two rifles, and two twin guns on me all the time, id pull out the rifles for things like bosses and harder mobs (stupid rihnos!) and the twins for larger fights where i need to move around,

pro-li-fik
Nov 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
Don't get impatient, later on, when you're around level 30 or so, you'll be dishing out more dmg with the dualies, atleast that's how it is with me. Vullseye+5 does roughly 175-185 on regular enemies and my dualies do about 105-115 a HIT, it's even better when choosing the right elements.