PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Armors

McLaughlin
Nov 9, 2006, 04:02 PM
Ok, so if I have a Lightning based armor (my Megaline is 16% Lightning) would I take less damage from Lightning based creatures (like Vahras)?

Or would my armor need to be Earth based?

Thanks for the help. I need to know for my Gigaline.

Javienn
Nov 9, 2006, 04:04 PM
If you have lightning armour, it means your armour has extra defense / resistance to lightning based attacks.

Bast
Nov 9, 2006, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know if your armor has protection from an element, if it will have vulnerability from the opposing element?

ex: Zeta’s Megaline has 16% Lightning, will he receive 16% more damage from Earth based attacks?

This would make sense to me see it as elemental weapons have an attack boost and reduction depending on the element of the weapon and enemy.

Remedy
Nov 9, 2006, 04:16 PM
If you have an armor of X element, you take Y% less damage from X element and Y% more damage from the opposite element of X.

Example: I have a 44% Ice Gi-senba armor. I take 44% less Ice damage and 44% more Fire damage.

Also, keep in mind that enemies that are elemental do damage of that element with their melee attack - but from your first post, I think you knew that already. :3

Bast
Nov 9, 2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Remedy, you're always a lot of help.

McLaughlin
Nov 9, 2006, 04:23 PM
Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up everyone!

Now...Ice or Lightning...>_<

Javienn
Nov 9, 2006, 04:26 PM
Just remember Ice = Very bad against De Ragon, and Lightning = Very bad against the robobots... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SleazyDZ
Nov 9, 2006, 04:29 PM
Good points Javienn. Just prepare yourself properly for the battles ahead and you'll be fine.

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 9, 2006, 04:39 PM
Unless you can afford to synth the opposite element of that armor, I suggest staying with non elemental armor. Unless you're doing nothing but linear line runs were all the monsters are the same element.

Grand_Rider
Nov 9, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-11-09 13:39, BigKevSexyMan wrote:
Unless you can afford to synth the opposite element of that armor, I suggest staying with non elemental armor. Unless you're doing nothing but linear line runs were all the monsters are the same element.

So it’s not feasible to carry multiple suits of armour for specific elemental situations, as you would weapons?

KirinDave
Nov 9, 2006, 04:59 PM
Good armor is more expensive to synth, and has a lower chance. Most people I know now go with neutral armor, or pick dark or light elementals (I find light preferable since I like doing Neudaiz missions).

Remedy
Nov 9, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-11-09 13:53, Grand_Rider wrote:
So it’s not feasible to carry multiple suits of armour for specific elemental situations, as you would weapons?It is, it's just expensive.

However, I only carry two: My Ice-elemental Gi-senba and my neutral Ageha-senba.

Viper472X
Nov 9, 2006, 05:07 PM
Don't forget, store-bought armors that do not have elements have more slots and bonuses.

Typhoeus
Nov 9, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-11-09 14:07, Viper472X wrote:
Don't forget, store-bought armors that do not have elements have more slots and bonuses.

Gigaline owns every other melee armor and it's elemental only (fire).

McLaughlin
Nov 9, 2006, 05:27 PM
Isn't Crestline the one that requires Ban-photons?