PDA

View Full Version : ~ Is a CAST Fortecher viable? ~

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 08:23 PM
I was just toying around with the option, possibly using a CAST Fortecher to buff myself and use the bow as my main source of damage. Thoughts?

The +TAP from being a Force and a Fortecher would be enough to make my techs viable, however, not close to a Newman, etc. I realize this. My main source of damage will be my Longbow.

With an S-Rank on Bows, and the ability to use 30 bullets, and technics, I think it wouldbe a viable option. Again, thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-11-09 18:06 ]</font>

Itsuki
Nov 9, 2006, 08:37 PM
I think it would be more viable to go guntecher.

Cash_Lavi
Nov 9, 2006, 08:37 PM
hmm good point. casts do make good fortetechers cause of thier ATA. Although guntecher might be a better option i dont know

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 08:38 PM
Even without the ability to use S-Rank Bows?

Guntechers only get to use 10 skill on Techs, while Fortechers get a 30 on both bullets and techs. I get a feeling this would help them a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-11-09 17:39 ]</font>

Raifen
Nov 9, 2006, 09:15 PM
it wouldnt be any more Viable than any other ForTecher, if you look at the Expert class pages the the stat modifyers from changing to ForTecher will lower the Casts ata and atp so much that it wouldnt matter that much.

Itsuki
Nov 9, 2006, 09:17 PM
You also have to consider the fact that Fortechers, even as cast can't use a-rank bows until what? Base level 60 class level 7+? Fortecher ATA is just pathetically low. And their ATP isn't exactly fabulous either.

EDIT: To put it in a bit more perspective, Fortechers at class level 10 have 33% less ATA than a force. This is 1/4th the ATA of a fortegunner. Thats no typo, 1/4th. And thats 1/3rd the ATA of a guntecher. Even the weapons won't compensate for this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-09 18:22 ]</font>

Raifen
Nov 9, 2006, 09:17 PM
ahh here is the link http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=125325&forum=22

as you can see, ATA and ATP are both multipliers of .5

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 09:24 PM
Hm, I see. I was just trying to see if I could make a good character who uses bows as a main source of damage, but it doesn't seem like its possible. Considering that Bows are only S-Rank on Fortechers, I'm not sure how well it would work.

Also, nice pistols in your signature. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nestahima on 2006-11-09 18:32 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
I think that using s rank long bows is a very valid reason for a cast to go fortecher. go ahead and try it out, although it will be tough at first cuz u can't use any rods or wands yet.

Rageking
Nov 10, 2006, 12:54 AM
I started a force cast just for fun.....it will be funny as hell joining parties, saying I'm a force and then showing up with a staff.

Wallin
Nov 10, 2006, 12:58 AM
I loved playing a Cast Force during the beta. Keep in mind that Resta is level based and less TP based, so you'll still be useful in groups. If you like using bows (and I know I do), then go for it. If you don't like it later, just change your class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I know I don't have statistics and hard math, but I will take anyone who enjoys the game and plays their class well in my party over anyone who is obsessive about leveling and loot and refuses to heal and blah blah blah. Try it out and let us know, you'll definitely stand out among the crowd.

galaxy
Nov 10, 2006, 01:32 AM
part of me thinks a guntecher would be a better option too. don't be disgruntled by the fact that they can't use S rank bows...while A rank might not have as much "cool" factor (and maybe they do...they aren't out yet so who knows?) im assuming they are still perfectly capable weapons in the hands of the right person. honestly, i'd almost go as far as speculating that a CAST Guntecher with an A rank bow would be more effective then a CAST Fortetecher with an S rank bow.

Itsuki
Nov 10, 2006, 03:56 AM
My only point was that if you were going to go fortecher cast, you'd probably have to be a force before you're a bow user. In theory you can focus on buffing and debuffing, and use only a certain assortment of spells, but in the end you might end up being sort of a gimp guntecher that can use rods and misses a lot. In many areas, even with zodial, Fortegunners and Guntechers miss a lot. Forces only have it worse. You'd also suffer from the very low HP.

Bows would work a lot better on a Guntecher if they're used as a main weapon. Even if a guntecher can't use S-rank, the A-ranks should be more than enough. And their difference in ATP and ATA should make up for the lack of S-rank.

Also, the guns are just normal 7 star dualies. You can buy them in the shop for 90k online in jp. Though you can probably make or find them in player shops for quite cheaper. Someone actually gave me that pair.