PDA

View Full Version : How do I ranger?

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2006, 09:31 PM
I just changed jobs to ranger in extra mode, and I can't say I'm really thrilled. I got an S rank Bow and started unloading in perfect zero with a fire element attached to it. Once that ran out, I got out a B rank dagger and a B rank handgun and meleed whenever I ran out of bullets. A run that should have taken me less than twelve minutes to do took me almost fifteen.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong when a B rank dagger takes me further than an S rank bow. So, what should I do while soloing? Just accept my lack of damage and shoot away, or is there something I'm missing?

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 09:34 PM
Rangers don't do as much damage due to their ability to cause status effects. Grind your weapons a bit and you'll be fine, but in general, Rangers do the least damage out of the three classes.

Watching half the things on the field freeze, however, is a glorious sight to behold.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 9, 2006, 09:35 PM
I think you mean to ask "How do I shot gun?"

You say S-rank, so you must be in offline. Everything has lol PP in offline, and PP recharges at a lol rate. Being a ranger offline is lol.

Therefore, you have two options:

1. Switch to hunter.
2. Play online.

BioWarrior
Nov 9, 2006, 09:35 PM
eh for offline you'd probable want to carry as many photon charges as you can... for some reason sega decided to greatly reduce gun PP offline. It's pretty much 1/3 or less of what it is on network mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioWarrior on 2006-11-09 18:35 ]</font>

Ether
Nov 9, 2006, 09:37 PM
Hay guys, how come my level 1 bullet isn't doing much damage

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 09:38 PM
Well it depends on:

1.) What bullet you're using.
2.) The bullet's level.
3.) Bullet's don't add that much damage really, simply elemental damage and a status effect.

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2006, 09:41 PM
The reason I'm playing ranger is both because I already have hunter capped and because I want to see how it plays so that I will be able to cap it online as well (I'm a perfectionist like that). I'm just hoping I don't have this problem online.

By the way, my lv1 bullet just turned lv14. Is that normal?

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 09:42 PM
...I wish all of my level 1 bullets turned to 14. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JaireLiay
Nov 9, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-11-09 18:37, Ether wrote:
Hay guys, how come my level 1 bullet isn't doing much damage

And because Hay is for horses.

Though, that person is right. Bullets only add just a little more damage, and the ability to burn/freeze/paralyze/silence the enemies.

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2006, 09:45 PM
I don't know, a 25% modifier seems rather high...

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 10:00 PM
What bullet are you getting a 25% modifier on?

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2006, 10:02 PM
Burning hit for the railgun (handgun type) boosts attack power by 126% at lv12. My bow is still at 112%, but that's still enough of a boost to warrant using it.

Nestahima
Nov 9, 2006, 10:04 PM
Ah, you got it 11+. Well, like I said before -- guns aren't supposed to do the damage of techs or melee weapons. Rangers are more of a support class than anything this time around.

Something I found good though -- Get the highest Machine Gun and Dagger (or saber) as you can, and just switch between the two. As you're running up to enemies, spam the gun, and when you get to them, use the dagger PA. Works wonders.