PDA

View Full Version : General questions about current update

Kontra_Bandit
Nov 10, 2006, 02:06 AM
Is the update across all platforms?

What exactly does sonic team DO for FIVE hours??

What will we see in updates?

I was pretty disappointed at the room redecoration tickets: green, pink, kindergarten and the sports ones... what happened to the stone room?!

Will we ever see more variations, any missions, more parts/clothes/decor/moatoob, ANYTHING at all?

Hope I'm not being a nuisance. Thank you for responses

February
Nov 10, 2006, 02:07 AM
Nothing. They never plan on adding new content ever.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 02:07 AM
This is server maintenence every thursday to keep the servers running smooth, fix exploits, glithces, hacks, etc. The updates are big events and EVERYBODY knows about them the week before.

February
Nov 10, 2006, 02:09 AM
Basically, there is a lot of content that will be made available during future updates.

Wallin
This is likely not an update, probably just maintenance.

Maintenance is purely server checks to make sure everything is running smoothy, clear the junk out, etc. It so far doesn't always take the whole 5 hours, anywhere from 1 to 4 usually. It occurs at the same time for all versions of the game, every Thursday night. Originally it was scheduled for 5-10 PM PST, apparently they've moved it back to 11 PM to 4 AM PST now so that it didn't mess with prime time players.

We likely won't get anything new for at least another 2 weeks. The Japanese servers didn't get their first update until one month after the game came out. For us, that would be the night of Thanksgiving. We may get an update sooner, we may get it later - as players we really don't know. Supposedly the first patch for the Japanese server didn't even have anything good in it, so we have quite a wait ahead of us.

Kontra_Bandit
On 2006-11-09 23:07, heavenly6 wrote:

Well I know it hasn't been out long for me to ask that, it just seems like the game could be MUCH more interesting right now with some missions...

Level 10-20 is a real draaaag...

Wallin
Nov 10, 2006, 02:12 AM
On 2006-11-09 23:09, Kontra_Bandit wrote:Well I know it hasn't been out long for me to ask that, it just seems like the game could be MUCH more interesting right now with some missions...

You've barely begun to even scratch the surface of the game at that level range. There's 10 missions right now that span across the three worlds. You can also play a new race, as a different class, or just switch the one on your current character. Nanoblast, SUV, skill leveling, PM raising, saving up money for clothes and trying out all the types of weapons... you can't be bored yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

February
Nov 10, 2006, 02:14 AM
On 2006-11-09 23:09, Kontra_Bandit wrote:

On 2006-11-09 23:07, heavenly6 wrote:

Well I know it hasn't been out long for me to ask that, it just seems like the game could be MUCH more interesting right now with some missions...

Man Im almost at the cap and I'm not tired of it yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif My hunter level is maxed though

Kontra_Bandit
Nov 10, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-11-09 23:12, Wallin wrote:

On 2006-11-09 23:09, Kontra_Bandit wrote:Well I know it hasn't been out long for me to ask that, it just seems like the game could be MUCH more interesting right now with some missions...

You've barely begun to even scratch the surface of the game at that level range. There's 10 missions right now that span across the three worlds. You can also play a new race, as a different class, or just switch the one on your current character. Nanoblast, SUV, skill leveling, PM raising, saving up money for clothes and trying out all the types of weapons... you can't be bored yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well I decided to buy some different weapon types and PA's. Going to player shops and getting different colors/attributes is cool so I'm just leveling them all up and trying to raise my PM.

I just feel like I'm strictly limited to mowing Parum Mad Creatures A, or either "A" mission on Neudaiz. My friend just started a beast so we're gonna level up some more and take on De Ragan etc.

Schubalts
Nov 10, 2006, 04:48 AM
Maintenance...update...maintenance...update...

I have no idea where the HELL people got the idea that maintenance=update.

But seriously, all of you that have that idea, let it go. Maintenance is maintenance. If there would be an update, ST would say something about it. Anything about our updates not said by ST, just don't believe it.

erwos
Nov 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
Levels 10-20 aren't so bad. It's just once you get to 20, you realize that you've basically seen everything that exists for the moment, and that it's now time to grind, grind, and grind Sleeping Warriors and Plains Overlord C-A for money, materials, and experience.

Berinhard
Nov 10, 2006, 09:19 AM
Maybe the game wouldn't be so bad if they'd do something about this stupid luck system, seems like lately Beast are constantly having 1-3 while most the others sit on 0 for several days in a row, if you ask me they ought to just toss it out the window and give us a LCK stat or something... <.< or give us Extra Units with different stages of luck, or hell just make it random like in story mode.

Realmz
Nov 10, 2006, 10:31 AM
On 2006-11-10 06:19, Berinhard wrote:
Maybe the game wouldn't be so bad if they'd do something about this stupid luck system, seems like lately Beast are constantly having 1-3 while most the others sit on 0 for several days in a row, if you ask me they ought to just toss it out the window and give us a LCK stat or something... <.< or give us Extra Units with different stages of luck, or hell just make it random like in story mode.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/realmzjetter/lucklog.jpg
funny seeing as newmans have had 13 days where either male or females have had luck, 10 for humans and casts and 11 for beasts. Newmans have also had the most 3 star days also with 4 days, humans havn't even gotten one day casts have two days but no luck for the fembots, beasts have three.

i like the luck system personally, it's like an extra surprise when i get on for the first time each day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 10:40 AM
Loli Elves FTW ^_^

Schubalts
Nov 10, 2006, 08:33 PM
Loli for the LOSE. 8 foot women for the awesome win.