PDA

View Full Version : Beast Tattoo Colors

Trinitystar
Nov 10, 2006, 04:23 AM
Ok I just hit 20 with my new beast and want to know if anyone knows the names along with the color you turn with the tattoo. I have seen alot of Pink and yellow beast, I wanted purple and I know thay do stuff other then color but I don't know how to tell what color it is before I buy it help plzz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 10, 2006, 04:25 AM
Pink = Damage
Yellow = Speed
Purple = Defense
Blue = Invincibility

Aaomi
Nov 10, 2006, 04:26 AM
red = attack power
purple = defense
Blue = invincibility (shorter duration than others)
Yellow = accuracy and speed

I LOST!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aaomi on 2006-11-10 01:26 ]</font>

Trinitystar
Nov 10, 2006, 04:27 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:25, RyukiZero wrote:
Pink = Damage
Yellow = Speed
Purple = Defense
Blue = Invincibility

I love you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 04:29 AM
He who uses anything but Power for their tattoo must really love passing killing blow XP to me and my Power Blast. I don't mind the extra XP, but I giggle at your numbers while NB'd.

SpishackCola
Nov 10, 2006, 04:40 AM
Pssh, keep getting hit kthxbai. I'll never miss and evade more ftw

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 04:43 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:40, SpishackCola wrote:
Pssh, keep getting hit kthxbai. I'll never miss and evade more ftw

I get hit for 50s and I have about 1600hp, so that's not a problem. Maybe it will be in S Rank missions. I doubt it'll be enough to make me switch though. I still giggle at your numbers.

Now... if the Invulnerability one saves you from a cruel Megid death, then I can see myself switching from Power to that one. But only because I don't wanna be the person who gets one-shotted and cost an S rank or booted out of Bruces dungeon; when we get it. I wouldn't do it because I want it. I love my damage and Power Blast does wonders for my fix.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-10 01:52 ]</font>

SpishackCola
Nov 10, 2006, 05:08 AM
I was joking around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 10, 2006, 05:12 AM
And I beat Aaomi for helping someone out quicker!

Not much of an accomplishment, but it's kind of funny n__n

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 05:14 AM
On 2006-11-10 02:08, SpishackCola wrote:
I was joking around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shhhh!!! I'm trying to show off to bolster my ego.

SpishackCola
Nov 10, 2006, 05:17 AM
On 2006-11-10 02:14, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Oh sorry! Here's a cookie. As you know getting a cookie online is +10 to ego.

-Ryuki-
Nov 10, 2006, 05:18 AM
On 2006-11-10 02:14, Garnet_Moon wrote:

In that case..

-Puts on a cheesy smile and narrator voice.- Always carry a Scape Doll!

Remedy
Nov 10, 2006, 06:20 AM
On 2006-11-10 01:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:
He who uses anything but Power for their tattoo must really love passing killing blow XP to me and my Power Blast. I don't mind the extra XP, but I giggle at your numbers while NB'd.I giggle at your 0s while my Diga hits for 500+ and the Speed Nanoblast Beast is hitting for 300+ and never missing, unlike you.

Oh, and he's evading everything that gets thrown at him, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Speed > Power > Invincibility > Defense

Pure-chan
Nov 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
When you switch tattoo colors, do you retain the previously purchased tattoo? I want to test out power and speed, but not if it means wasting a perfectly good extra 10k.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 01:23 PM
I never Miss with power.... Anything but Power is a waste of 10k

Cry0
Nov 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
shame damage and invincible has the stupidest colors -_- they r the best, for what i have in mind, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 11, 2006, 08:14 AM
Damage is Pink.. On a guy, I can see it being awkward. Blue, isn't a bad color, just extremely common as the bright sky.

PJ
Nov 11, 2006, 08:43 AM
>_>

Yellow is not evasion, just accuracy.

Ryogen
Nov 11, 2006, 08:51 AM
Wow Trinitystar, it's like you just don't stop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nayte
Nov 11, 2006, 08:53 AM
Yellow is evasion and accuracy. It does not make you attack faster though.

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
Defense Nanoblast owns, haven't even been down to 50%HP from anything with NB'ed yet. I still hit 300 damage a shot, and I still kill mobs in a few hits.

Don't say anything against the non-power Nanoblasts if you haven't tried them- which clearly some of you haven't.

Power gets hurt too much- I've seen it happen.

Edit: Besides, who wants to be Red, like EVERY other Lv20+ Beast? I sure as hell don't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-11-11 07:54 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:14 AM
On 2006-11-10 03:20, Remedy wrote:

On 2006-11-10 01:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:
He who uses anything but Power for their tattoo must really love passing killing blow XP to me and my Power Blast. I don't mind the extra XP, but I giggle at your numbers while NB'd.I giggle at your 0s while my Diga hits for 500+ and the Speed Nanoblast Beast is hitting for 300+ and never missing, unlike you.

Oh, and he's evading everything that gets thrown at him, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Speed > Power > Invincibility > Defense

You really don't know what you're talking about. By the time it takes you to cast another Diga, I would've had 3 hits already for 600+.

And let's not talk about when you use the head-stomp combo in Beast (Power) form, where my max was 2100+ total.

900 for the head-stomp, 1200+ for the punch.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:18 AM
On 2006-11-11 07:53, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Defense Nanoblast owns, haven't even been down to 50%HP from anything with NB'ed yet. I still hit 300 damage a shot, and I still kill mobs in a few hits.

Don't say anything against the non-power Nanoblasts if you haven't tried them- which clearly some of you haven't.

Power gets hurt too much- I've seen it happen.

Edit: Besides, who wants to be Red, like EVERY other Lv20+ Beast? I sure as hell don't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-11-11 07:54 ]</font>

When you have 4 Beasts in Power form hitting De Ragan A, while a Force is spamming resta; he'll be killed in under a minute.

A Beast in power form with a Force spamming resta is God-like.

TheStoicOne
Nov 11, 2006, 11:20 AM
how long do they last?

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-11-11 08:20, TheStoicOne wrote:
how long do they last?

They all last 50 seconds with the exception of Invincibility (35 seconds).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-11 08:26 ]</font>

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, crucial fact you mentioned- The Power Nanoblast NEEDS a Force spamming Resta to keep it alive in some places- the Defense one gets damage cut by so much, it very rarely needs healing, allowing Forces to concentrate on other duties.

Good to know I'm one of the few Defense Beasts then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ah, I love these topics. Boggo Val > more than you can imagine. If everyone wants to go power, I'll be glad to be different.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:37 AM
On 2006-11-11 08:31, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yeah, crucial fact you mentioned- The Power Nanoblast NEEDS a Force spamming Resta to keep it alive in some places- the Defense one gets damage cut by so much, it very rarely needs healing, allowing Forces to concentrate on other duties.

Good to know I'm one of the few Defense Beasts then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ah, I love these topics. Boggo Val > more than you can imagine. If everyone wants to go power, I'll be glad to be different.

Even without resta, it will take alot to kill me with 1700+ HP.

When it comes to bosses, I'm sure Forces/Rangers like to get it done and over with quickly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-11 08:38 ]</font>

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 11:41 AM
You're kidding, right? 300+ damage a hit at Lv25 ends fights fast. 1700HP isn't that hard to deplete when things are hitting you for triple-digit damage.

Meh, I'm not gonna argue about it. I keep my belief that the Defense Nanoblast owns the Power one, a few people telling me otherwise ain't gonna change that. Happened too much in PSO, not having the same kinda thing happen in PSU too.

Roken
Nov 11, 2006, 11:47 AM
I thought the Strength Nanoblast was red, not pink.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-11-11 08:41, UrikoBB3 wrote:
You're kidding, right? 300+ damage a hit at Lv25 ends fights fast. 1700HP isn't that hard to deplete when things are hitting you for triple-digit damage.

Meh, I'm not gonna argue about it. I keep my belief that the Defense Nanoblast owns the Power one, a few people telling me otherwise ain't gonna change that. Happened too much in PSO, not having the same kinda thing happen in PSU too.

600+ damage at Lv46 ends fights alot faster. I solo De Ragan A and I have never died from De Ragan when Nanoblast.

As long as you're not stupid enough to get hit by fire, De Regan's hits can't kill you for a high level Beast.

And good for you for being different. Here's a cookie. I'm sure you feel superior for having Defense, while most Beasts have Power....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-11 08:50 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
On 2006-11-11 08:47, Roken wrote:
I thought the Strength Nanoblast was red, not pink.

It is red. I think some people are colorblind.

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 11:55 AM
On 2006-11-11 08:49, hucast21 wrote:
600+ damage at Lv46 ends fights alot faster. I solo De Ragan A and I have never died from De Ragan when Nanoblast.

You're comparing a Lv46, doing De Ragan A to a Lv25, doing De Ragan B. When I get Lv46, I'll get back to you. Until then, it's a pointless comparison.

Now, I'm getting out of this, getting just like the official PSU boards- which isn't a good thing.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 11:59 AM
On 2006-11-11 08:55, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2006-11-11 08:49, hucast21 wrote:

You're comparing a Lv46, doing De Ragan A to a Lv25, doing De Ragan B. When I get Lv46, I'll get back to you. Until then, it's a pointless comparison.

Now, I'm getting out of this, getting just like the official PSU boards- which isn't a good thing.

Dude, you came with your high and mighty attitude that Defense owns Power. Now you don't like when someone debates about it?

Cry me a river. You just don't like the fact that someone is debating on your Tattoo of choice, while being a hypocrite in the process of slamming Power.

Crybaby I tell you.

Nayte
Nov 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
There's a reason you can pick and choose between different tattoos. Why is it when it comes to chioce, theres always an arguement on which is better? None of them are "better" than the other. Its all situational or down to personal preferance.

hucast21
Nov 11, 2006, 12:04 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:00, Nayte wrote:
There's a reason you can pick and choose between different tattoos. Why is it when it comes to chioce, theres always an arguement on which is better? None of them are "better" than the other. Its all situational or down to personal preferance.

I wouldn't have debated with him/her in the first place if they didn't say "Defense owns Power".

Someone debates otherwise and he/she runs away. PSO World is a disussion forum afterall.

Aaomi
Nov 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
I like my speed one since I solo a lot it helps some in both departments, even if it isn't as much as power or defense.

Apathy
Nov 11, 2006, 01:17 PM
I cant wait until us CASTS can whip out our SUVs (we need more unlocked dammit) and start comparing whos is bigger. I think it will make me chuckle about as much as this thread has.

Kei-Z
Nov 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
I agree that the defense blast is really good. I'm not sayin' that it's way better than the power one or anything, but it's definitely useful in its own right. As soon as I turned lvl 20 and got the defense blast, I was able to solo the dragon with it while I watched other lvl 20's with the power blast get killed by the dragon. You really don't even have to worry about dmg at all with the defense blast. Now, I will say that doing extra dmg is never bad, but it's nice to not have to worry about a force healing you, particularly since the force population is lower than expected. As for the invincibility blast, I just can't see shortening my blast time by so much, particularly when the def blast pretty much makes you invincible. I dunno, just my two cents though. Use whatever you want really. I can see that this debate has sparked some tempers as well. Please don't try to write up some kinda' retort by tryin' to pick my words apart. I guarantee you I won't be responding. These are just my opinions and I don't feel like being flamed for them...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:12 PM
Defense is better than Power? Right.

The only thing that scratches my HP gauge are the things that can one-shot anybody like boss special moves, and i'm quick to move for those. Nothing else gets a chance to even look at me after I NB... it all dies as it spawns, so there isn't much selling point to rock-hard skin from Defense. Lower damage than Power isn't much selling point either.

As for missing... yeah. Not very often. Not a good selling point for that one either.

I love dealing 700+ damage to every target in front of me each time I press a button for my combo. What I don't love are mobs with damage reduction like De Ragan and Rhinos, but everybody is affected so that's fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-11 14:14 ]</font>

DONTOSE
Nov 11, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-11-11 05:14, RyukiZero wrote:
Damage is Pink.. On a guy, I can see it being awkward. Blue, isn't a bad color, just extremely common as the bright sky.

No! damage is red not pink if you think its pink then your color blind.

-Ryuki-
Nov 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
No, it's Pink. You're the one who's color blind. Maybe a dark "magenta" or a bright "maroon" might be a better color XD

Other than that, let me part with a famous saying.

"The best defense, is a good offense."

XCOPY
Nov 12, 2006, 12:08 PM
...so...what exactly is the point of "No blast badge." option at the makeover shop? Who in their right mind as a high-leveled beast would opt to have no blast at all? It doesn't take up a slot in armour, it doesn't take up space for anything else....there is absolutely no upside to deciding "I don't want a nanoblast"...AND it costs money! That's as stupid as if a Hunter bought "Unequip my sword forever" for 10,000. It just doesn't make sense.

*I now think that Power beast form becomes more important for a higher leveled beast, while Defense or Invincible...or Speed (I guess. Yeah, I'm not a fan of that.) are more important for lower-level beasts. Obviously a high level will have so much HP and natural defense(I'm 78 now offline with 2100+ HP), that damage becomes a non-issue....so it becomes a better decision to go for power. At lower level, defense is naturally more important since you can still die more easily.

Kei-Z
Nov 12, 2006, 12:52 PM
From what I understand though, you can easily die nanoblast or not at really high levels of play. (i.e. some of the harder s rank missions) Since these missions aren't even available yet, it would be hard to say which is the most useful. If this is true, then taking damage may just be a big factor in nanoblasting. So I imagine that if taking damage does become more of an issue at the highest levels of play, then maybe missing could be too? I'm not really sure myself. I'm just throwin' stuff out there. All I'm saying is that being unable to see other view points about anything can make us short sighted. Who knows, and really who cares? No matter what, there are always going to be people that think one way or the other, so there really can't be a right answer. It all boils down to preference and play-style, which someone had already posted earlier on in this topic.

JaireLiay
Nov 12, 2006, 06:43 PM
On 2006-11-12 09:08, XCOPY wrote:
...so...what exactly is the point of "No blast badge." option at the makeover shop? Who in their right mind as a high-leveled beast would opt to have no blast at all? It doesn't take up a slot in armour, it doesn't take up space for anything else....there is absolutely no upside to deciding "I don't want a nanoblast"...AND it costs money! That's as stupid as if a Hunter bought "Unequip my sword forever" for 10,000. It just doesn't make sense.

*I now think that Power beast form becomes more important for a higher leveled beast, while Defense or Invincible...or Speed (I guess. Yeah, I'm not a fan of that.) are more important for lower-level beasts. Obviously a high level will have so much HP and natural defense(I'm 78 now offline with 2100+ HP), that damage becomes a non-issue....so it becomes a better decision to go for power. At lower level, defense is naturally more important since you can still die more easily.

I want my sword unequipped forever.=]

But on topic, I plan on going Defense when I get my beast to level 20; I really just don't like getting hit at all. I'll agree that the damage one is awesome; but it's easy to slip up, get tagged, and be caught in yellow while fighting. It'll happen to the best.

I'm just going to go into battle knowing I can't be touched.

XCOPY
Nov 12, 2006, 06:54 PM
oh, and for the last battle...I found out the hard way earlier that beast form really isn't a good idea until "Falkis" is in a certain vulnerable position. I transformed right when the fight with his 2nd form started, so of course he flew away and started that "END OF THE WORLD" attack. Of course, since Maya is a complete moron, NO Resta was happening at all, and we both died rather easily. At least for that particular situation, Invincible Beast would've been the only one to survive.