PDA

View Full Version : Newman: Newman question

Longinous
Nov 10, 2006, 09:21 AM
So i was wandering, are there any nice things about being a Newman Hunter? I know Newman are ment to be casters generaly, but do thier magical abilities help out a Hunter in any way? I know this game has PP and it is used for what i understand abilities attached to your weapon. Does Newmans ability with magic make you regen PP faster? or possibly do more damage with special abilities?

Sorry if this question is a little newbish, I have not been able to pick up the game yet and i think playing a male newman hunter would be fun since that wasnt around in the last game, i never liked playing female toons so i could never get into playing a Hunewearl or what ever they where called back then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Dhylec
Nov 10, 2006, 09:32 AM
Does Newmans ability with magic make you regen PP faster?
Newman doesn't regen faster, it's more dependent on the weapon now. Certain weapon regens faster than others, based on maker.

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 09:44 AM
In the most basic cases, there isn't alot brought over from the Race/Class combo.....you'll have really good evasion which should translate over to a defensive benefit and you'll have excellent magic defense and average physical defense...but your damage output wont be stellar on big weapons.....my observations so far on newman hunters are that they favor fast weapons that allow for "breaking out of the combo" to avoid being hit (dagger) or for weapons with reach and negligable swing speed slowdowns (spear).

Indirectly, some expert classes with hunter in them still benefit from the nice caster stats (example: Wartecher), so in that respect you'll see plenty of newman hunters running in game for that benefit. It should also be said that the attack power hit is much less then the accuracy hit beasts take or the huge tech power hit CASTS take....though it is noticeable.

Dont let people tell you otherwise....but Newman hunters are viable...but if you're looking for a optimal or min/max effect on your character, Newman Hunters are not it.

Finally, you may have some problems finding parties with randoms...but it will not be as hard as say CAST forces have been running into. Still, in those cases, why would you want to play with people like that anyways? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hope that helps

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 10, 2006, 09:46 AM
Newman Hunters only have ATA, EVP, MST, and bragging rights going for them. Them being a Hunter will somewhat cancel out their bad ATP, HP, and DFP although it won't be as high as the other Hunters but definately better than all of the non-Hunters, similar to how some would say that a Beast's low ATA would be canceled out if they were Rangers. If you don't really care about shining and excelling, I think it wouldn't be a problem since this game isn't competitive but cooperative. You can also add units so you can stuff like high power, high defense stuff to him to make it so that there won't be that much of a difference.

Realmz
Nov 10, 2006, 10:01 AM
the bioggest advanatage is that you can use the Crea weapons which casts or beasts can't, over humans you'll have higher ATA (making sure you hit with your weapons) higher EVP (making sure you don't get hit by the mobs hits) and MST (so casters don't rape you)

humans will be doing slightly more damage (newms don't take a big hit in the ATP department, not as much as casts TP hit) and will take less damage when they get hit.

personally i thought i'd stay a newman for figunner, but i just started to not like the look, so i made my cast.

Destin
Nov 10, 2006, 11:02 AM
For the time being I'm a 41 newman hunter (3).

It's kinda nice, though they do function best with quick weapons like fists as opposed to slow weapons like swords. Your extra evasion isnt' as noticable as a force's evasion, but you will block more often, often times interrupting your combo. The attack power difference is offset by weapons (if you're using 3* weapons just to save money and raise up your hunter class for one of the advanced classes, then you're doing yourself more harm than good.)

If you chuck out the money for a good set of weapons (I use 2 5*'s and 4 4*'s) then you're pretty good. Armor helps no matter what, and typically if your force can use it, mostly anything else can as well. Also, if you plan on soloing things, invest in a decent handgun with thunder bullets, it makes the robots in fanatics so much easier (shock + 50damage per shot for me). Since you do have better ATA, you can afford to use harder hitting weapons, or weapons with lower accuracy.

Oddly enough, Newmans get a decent spread in all types, though I'd question a Newman Ranger due to the absurdly low DFP they'd have, but even then I suppose it would work out. Not having a SUV or Nanoblast is balanced out by the fact that they wreck everyone else in technic power.

Longinous
Nov 10, 2006, 03:30 PM
Thx for the advice i think i am deffinately going to try out a Newman hunter first, and if I dont like it i guess it is now a biggie since from what i have read you can change your class and i could always start a new character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif