PDA

View Full Version : A hacker is in universe 1

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
Someone is in the lobby near the dragon entrance forcing people to type stuff, he did it to me and was making me spam this website over and over

Then he was making the screen fill up wiht like 9 miniture bubbles all saying the same thing

I think he somehow hacking in right as the maintenance was over

Sad, hope sega fixes this

On a side note, do not download anything at broomop, broomop is a virus that will infect your computer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-10 09:54 ]</font>

Gdiz
Nov 10, 2006, 12:36 PM
yup, its probably a script but a stuppid ass hack all the same, was making me mad too

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 12:43 PM
God equip is also out, Not a big deal but that means dupe is next.

Midicronica
Nov 10, 2006, 12:45 PM
What platform is all this happening on?

February
Nov 10, 2006, 12:46 PM
Let's see if Sega has a ban hammer for real or not

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 12:46 PM
PC

Midicronica
Nov 10, 2006, 12:48 PM
Ah, I see. That's a relief. >>;

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 12:51 PM

SEGA better fix this. Not sure if I care all that much about a text script, but it is annoying and is a script manipulating code nonetheless.

God/Equip, if that is indeed true, needs to be slammed down on quick, else the nightmare of what destroyed every other PSO previously is upon us and I thought THAT at least was avoided here on PSU. Last thing I need to hear. :/

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
Well its out, It was shown to me last night. God equip in all is not that bad, Its just bad because that means Game gaurd bypass is out and within a week I think we will see some worse things.

Resist
Nov 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
Wrong...Infinite Meseta has already been made...its just not public.

And yes, I'm talking about online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Resist on 2006-11-10 09:54 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 12:54 PM

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 12:54 PM
Infinite Meseta offline yes, but i dont think so online.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 12:56 PM
Who has it? I was talking with broomop last night and all he can do is god equip. He pretty much is the only one hacking it so far?

Resist
Nov 10, 2006, 12:56 PM
Trust me, its available online.

TangledWeb3917
Nov 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
are there any hackers on the 360? God I hope not ... thats what I really grew to hate about PSO for the x-box between all the duped items and the ridiculous al-rappy cell there really wasnt any point to playing anymore

Katrina
Nov 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
That's terrible... If that's true about the meseta, there goes the economy... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Yoiyami
Nov 10, 2006, 01:00 PM
Well, I have the 360 version as well as the PS2 version. If hacking ever gets out of control, I'll have something to fall back on at least.

I'm not very surprised that there're hackers already though. It may have been a better idea to give the PC servers either seperate servers or much tighter security. =/ But this is a good oppertunity to see how strict Sega will be with hacking on PSU. I'm not expecting much... -.-;

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
This game is dead beyond recognition if this isnt dealt with this time. PSO was good enough with what was available to play at launch, and the fun of the hunt, that it was possible to play in your own circles legitly and try to steer clear of the rampant cheating. With PSU being more grind-heavy and meseta dependint, with player linked economies, and the current lower level of content until more is released, its going to be very hard to stay motivated to play if things go in this direction again. Seems it already is, and having suffered through it on countless versions, I sort of wonder if SEGA can or will do anything.

mcklown
Nov 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
Broomop was the one doing the chat spamming(he goes by Orlando Saint Broom in-game).

Don't forget to send a complaint into Sega with his use ID.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/McKlown/PSU/broom1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/McKlown/PSU/broom2.jpg

Mystil
Nov 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
..The fact that PC players can play the game in window mode is what will hurt the game in the long run. This is why SE made FFXI out of window mode(unless you get the program, which allows you to run scripts...)

Merumeru
Nov 10, 2006, 01:06 PM
XD aww crap, hacks already, guess its off to wait for user-monitered private servers again

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 01:06 PM
If this isnt fixed this game is done and SEGA will be a laughing stock amongst the gaming economy with more then half of its subscribers canceling within the first month. Sega will NOT bounce back from such a pathetic and horrible flop. Only people that will stick around are the dedicated fanboys that will stay just to prove others wrong trying to live by the thought that psu is the best game in the world.

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 01:07 PM
Window mode or fullscreen mode doesn't matter. Anyone with technical experience can create an arbitrary number of consoles for any machine.

Some degree of hacking is inevitable, but infinite meseta is disturbing because it means that the servers can be coerced by client data. In general, that's a very poor protocol design.

Genobee
Nov 10, 2006, 01:12 PM
KInda like how people still play matrix online and Anarchy online fuck they can't even give Anarchy online away it's that bad.

But I don't think the hacking will be a big deal cause they probly need to hack the item every time they come into the game. SO I dought hacks will become user friendly like they did on PSO, also just don't go to universe one. and if I hacker comes in your praty you can kick um.

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 01:14 PM
It only takes one person with a group of close friends to ruin a game, specially a game like this, to were everyone relies on one another in some way shape or form.

Items, item shops, meseta, etc. If players are running around with 5000000000000000 meseta, buying everything, anyone outside of this small network of "hacking friends" will be stuck with the shit end of the stick.

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 01:19 PM
I'll believe this infinite meseta nonsense when I see proof.

Garasu
Nov 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
Well, Im actually ok with item dupes, I mostly get my own stuff..As for the meseta thing, if people are smart, the economy would be better, like in FFXI, I actually liked the fact everyone had millions, it was easier to get store bought stuff...But heck, if the economy is all out of whack and we all need to dupe money...then, we might as well dupe money..><

anzha
Nov 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
This sure doesn't bode well for the game, if that sort of thing is already happening.
No response from Sega yet on this?

Genobee
Nov 10, 2006, 01:22 PM
Um last time I checked the economy is shit any ways because people don't use ther shop for nothing more then a store house and no way determine between a douche bag and some oen who actualy is selling some things is nill.

Resist
Nov 10, 2006, 01:24 PM
Ill see if i can't get a fraps video of it then.

Genobee
Nov 10, 2006, 01:26 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:21, anzha wrote:
This sure doesn't bode well for the game, if that sort of thing is already happening.
No response from Sega yet on this?

there will be no response cause they don't care.

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 01:28 PM
Genobee, if you hate PSU, go play something else and stop talking here. You're being ridiculous. That kind of venom should be reserved for the WoW mage forum.

Genobee
Nov 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
I don't hate PSU, I hate Sega, ok tell me one that that makes you think sega actualy cares anout the american version of PSU.

Mystil
Nov 10, 2006, 01:36 PM
~_~ psu bombed in america - admit it people. Maybe this should have been a japan online game like Front Mission Online. I'm absoultly SURE Shim would agree with that. JP and NA play on seperate servers, FYI the only reason SE fixed a lot of stuff in FFXI is because EVERYONE was linked. When the japanese fun is fucked with, serious action is ALWAYS taken.

Garasu
They made the servers?They actually translated the game?I mean its like the 2nd week or so this game has been out...

AkiraXxx
The fact that the american market is whats keeping SEGA in the game.

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 01:37 PM
Genobee, if they didn't care they wouldn't set it up. The initial investment for even a server-split online game like this more money than you seem to realize. To squander that is absurd, it's insane. And it's obvious that they are fixing things.

It's crazy to say that "Sega doesn't care." unless you also accept that, "Sega wants to go out of business." Businesses simply don't operate that way.

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 01:40 PM
Lets just say this, I bought that 49.95 subscription. With my bank i have a 3 month period to claim CCF and get my money back. IF this shit is not fixed and SEGA wont refund all of my money, I wont hesitate to claim ccf with my bank and get my money back, and I could give 2 shits less if SEGA banned my account, because hey, ill have my money back.

Resist
Nov 10, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:40, AkiraXxx wrote:
Lets just say this, I bought that 49.95 subscription. With my bank i have a 3 month period to claim CCF and get my money back. IF this shit is not fixed and SEGA wont refund all of my money, I wont hesitate to claim ccf with my bank and get my money back, and I could give 2 shits less if SEGA banned my account, because hey, ill have my money back.

Too bad thats creating fraud itself you dipshit.

Sitka
Nov 10, 2006, 01:46 PM
On 2006-11-10 09:58, TangledWeb3917 wrote:
are there any hackers on the 360? God I hope not ... thats what I really grew to hate about PSO for the x-box between all the duped items and the ridiculous al-rappy cell there really wasnt any point to playing anymore

I haven't seen anything that would suggest hacking or duping on xbox 360 so far. I have heard of developing issues on pc and ps2 and hopefully those will be dealth with, but I believe the community on xbox 360 is pretty clean thus far.

Let us hope that is stays that way.

Cry0
Nov 10, 2006, 01:47 PM
why dont they just f*king ban him for life? i mean, he must be known by them, no?

Dai-Kitana
Nov 10, 2006, 01:48 PM
On 2006-11-10 09:53, Resist wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Resist on 2006-11-10 09:54 ]</font>

Show me proof. You seem to be 'In the know' in regards to this BS. Unless you're into protecting these supposed meseta hackers.

Muffin
Nov 10, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah...I see those guys hanging out by the Dragon mission lobby area all the time. They're the same hacker group that screwed around with PSO and PSO:BB. Sega would ban their accounts but since they use their little community resources to share many accounts they keep coming back. >.>;

Oh well. So long as they don't do anything to effect actual gameplay or items I don't mind as much. ^.^;

Purun~~

cobfab
Nov 10, 2006, 01:53 PM
They would have to ban the hacker's IP but knowing they are hackers, they'll use their remaining life to get back on again.

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 01:56 PM
SEGA doesnt need an ID specifically or a video (though yes, proof would help, thank you). They have logs for server activity and it should not be challenging by any stretch to see who, if any, are outside normal game parameters (God/Equip, infinite meseta) and/or who has accessed the server in inappropriate ways (infinite meseta) and TAKE ACTION. Other online games (Guild Wars etc) regularly ban for less. I would think hacking into the server is an account or isp banning offense.

Step up to the plate SEGA.

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 01:59 PM
It would be great if you guys had some faith in SEGA and stop worring. With a few reports he will be right out the door.

Aaomi
Nov 10, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:56, AeraLure wrote:
SEGA doesnt need an ID specifically or a video (though yes, proof would help, thank you). They have logs for server activity and it should not be challenging by any stretch to see who, if any, are outside normal game parameters (God/Equip, infinite meseta) and/or who has accessed the server in inappropriate ways (infinite meseta) and TAKE ACTION. Other online games (Guild Wars etc) regularly ban for less. I would think hacking into the server is an account or isp banning offense.

Try this thread for a video (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126355&forum=4)

Hrith
Nov 10, 2006, 02:00 PM
I'm a moderator on the official SEGA of America boards, and I know for a fact that players getting banned on PSO Blue Burst (I mean the game, not the forums) was very common (20 to 30 a month), so don't worry, things will be fixed.

It will help the staff a lot more if you send accurate abusive behaviour forms at http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php -- and by accurate I mean providing date, time + time zone, player ID number, universe/planet/game it happened, etc.

Videos of would-be hackers cheating in offline modes is not very impressive, though.

Genobee
Nov 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:37, KirinDave wrote:
Genobee, if they didn't care they wouldn't set it up. The initial investment for even a server-split online game like this more money than you seem to realize. To squander that is absurd, it's insane. And it's obvious that they are fixing things.

It's crazy to say that "Sega doesn't care." unless you also accept that, "Sega wants to go out of business." Businesses simply don't operate that way.

Ok noob let me explain to you how this works. Every game CD is sold at 300% profit or more, you never go below that mark, So far every CD sold your making 3 times the amount of money you spent to devlope it.

SO 100,000 people bought the game thats 5 mill right there and it probly only cost them 250k to make it, and then at the most 50k to bring it over here, and what ever is bought here is pure profit. and then to tak on an online fee is just even more profit.

The only way sega would give two shits about this game , is if everyone left the game, not a big loss just means that they are not making anymore money from it.

yea they went threw alot of trouble to bring it here, If making 4 million dollars was as easy as lifting my right arm , I would do it too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-10 11:09 ]</font>

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 02:07 PM
Genobee, your looking at this all wrong. You need a deeper understanding of the gaming industry. Might need to do some research. Reminds me about that incident Kayne West did. "SEGA dosen't care about hackers!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-10 11:09 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:00, Hrith wrote:
I'm a moderator on the official SEGA of America boards, and I know for a fact that players getting banned on PSO Blue Burst (I mean the game, not the forums) was very common (20 to 30 a month), so don't worry, things will be fixed.

It will help the staff a lot more if you send accurate abusive behaviour forms at http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php -- and by accurate I mean providing date, time + time zone, player ID number, universe/planet/game it happened, etc.

Videos of would-be hackers cheating in offline modes is not very impressive, though.

It wouldnt be impressive normally. But it is the same person hacking online now "demoing" what he was up too originally in offline bypassing the gamegaurd and what not. It was just some "FYI" stuff.

Dhylec
Nov 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
KirinDave & Genobee, please refrain your arguements. While they are valid to certain point, they are also derailing the topic. This is not the first time.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 10, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-11-10 09:33, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
universe 1Problem detected.

Cerulean
Nov 10, 2006, 02:14 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:04, Genobee wrote:
SO 100,000 people bought the game thats 5 mill right there and it probly only cost them 250k to make it, and then at the most 50k to bring it over here, and what ever is bought here is pure profit. and then to tak on an online fee is just even more profit.

I lol'd

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 02:15 PM

I respect that you're providing the appropiate avenue for posting the proper way of notifing SEGA. You're doing the right thing.

However, for your sake, I do hope you are in fact a SEGA rep, because if you are not and they got whim of it and who you were, then they might have a problem with that.

I'm not saying you're not, but just saying that if you're not really what you say you are then it may not be the wisest thing to do (even on a neutral forum like this).

I also see that you're friends of Tycho, so you're with good company at the very least.

In general though, we need to get reports out about this guy (and others like him).....as the community stands now, it's kind of like on the bleeding edge of a knife. It won't take much to push it over and ruin this game and hacking is for sure one way to do it.

Genobee
On 2006-11-10 11:07, Ryogen wrote:
Genobee, your looking at this all wrong. You need a deeper understanding of the gaming industry. Might need to do some research. Reminds me about that incident Kayne West did. "SEGA dosen't care about hackers!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-11-10 11:09 ]</font>

UM yea I don't cause I do it every day, I study video game art and Design at AIU.

and from what I recall, Kayne West wasn't wrong.

Resist

Its not hacking into the server, its client manipulation and the server thinks its real.

Cerulean
Nov 10, 2006, 02:17 PM
If you study video art & design and you think a game like PSU could POSSIBLY by researched/developed/produced for 250k then I have only one thing to say to you:

Study harder.

Parn
Nov 10, 2006, 02:19 PM
Out of curiousity, does Sega put credit card numbers associated with a cheater's account on a blacklist? Sure, people can always go get more credit cards, but it's one more step towards making things difficult for cheaters.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 10, 2006, 02:20 PM
Ok noob let me explain to you how this works. Every game CD is sold at 300% profit or more, you never go below that mark, So far every CD sold your making 3 times the amount of money you spent to devlope it.

The only way sega would give two shits about this game , is if everyone left the game, not a big loss just means that they are not making anymore money from it.

yea they went threw alot of trouble to bring it here, If making 4 million dollars was as easy as lifting my right arm , I would do it too.

You demonstrate an excellent misunderstanding of economics, here.

Sure, it doesn't cost so much to print and package the DVDs, but we're not paying for printed and packaged DVDs. We're paying for the millions they spent over the several years worth of employee salaries that went into development. This is why we eventually see price drops-- when the game has paid for itself, the price goes down. They don't just have a guy that sits there and shits source code and game data, y'know. They have to pay a team of programmers, artists, voice actors, and so on and so forth.

Then the online subscription fee goes to pay for the hard expenses of maintaining the servers and the salaries of the staff that do this work. This is where Sega is making the vast majority of the profit from the game. It's the subscription fee that makes the game profitable. Without that, they aren't likely to earn much.

This means that they want to get rid of any trouble makers that are going to make their customers leave-- that's their profit, and if it becomes a significant problem, then they have every right to engage in both criminal and civil law suits, because this asshole is doing something that is strictly against the TOS and damaging their rightful profits.

So yes, this guy threatens to take money out of their wallets, so their inclination is to shut him down.

SephYuyX
Nov 10, 2006, 02:22 PM
I hope PSU gets rolled back a week.

Vicious1080
Nov 10, 2006, 02:25 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-10 11:09 ]</font>

How do you get 5 million dollars going to sega when 100,000 people buy the game? You don't honestly think retailers sell the game for the exact same they payed sega for it, do you?

Dai-Kitana
Nov 10, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:15, Resist wrote:

Its not hacking into the server, its client manipulation and the server thinks its real.

All of your comments in this thread point to you yourself having knowledge of this meseta 'glitch'.

Either:

1. You know the glitch, or ppl that have done the glitch.

2. You're looking for attention on the boards by posting rumors and hearsay.

3. You're full of it.

Care to elaborate?

Genobee
On 2006-11-10 11:17, Cerulean wrote:
If you study video art & design and you think a game like PSU could POSSIBLY by researched/developed/produced for 250k then I have only one thing to say to you:

Study harder.

What do you think PSU was made on a fastatic machine that comes for the realm of lost gods that a unicorn needs to shit out on the floor and won't do it for anything less then 3 million dollars?

It's not hard to make a video game, it's realy not. PSU is a very Basic programmed game, it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Kuya
On 2006-11-10 11:20, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
They don't just have a guy that sits there and shits source code and game data, y'know.

LOL. Thanks I almost shot OATMEAL out of my nose for this.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 10, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:27, Kuya wrote:

On 2006-11-10 11:20, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
They don't just have a guy that sits there and shits source code and game data, y'know.

LOL. Thanks I almost shot OATMEAL out of my nose for this.

Good to know oatmeal is being put to good use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-11-10 11:33 ]</font>

SephYuyX
Nov 10, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:27, Dai-Kitana wrote:

On 2006-11-10 11:15, Resist wrote:

All of your comments in this thread point to you yourself having knowledge of this meseta 'glitch'.

Either:

3. You're full of it.

Care to elaborate?

Thats just common programing knowledge.

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 02:33 PM

Thanks. I agree with some replies to you though that it maybe is not that simple - or rather that it is, but it falls on SEGA, not us.

By that I mean, we cannot find the user IDs in the moment and capture the proof in every circumstance. Some of us dont even play on those servers but it is disturbing enough to know it is going on and starting up again. I heard about troubles in BB as well and I simply never played it for that reason (because seemingly they banned some but it continued) by the way, so SEGA did not do this:

SEGA has server logs. They can find who is accessing the servers inappropriately and take the according action (user and isp ban.. hello). Other online games do this on a regular basis for trouble accounts (Guild Wars etc). The information that they need to prove who is accessing things inappropriately and who is equipping things out of line is all in their hands. Squarely. The just need to take action. Do it.

I am sure some here and elsewhere will report user IDs etc of things they see that are hacking in progress, but honestly, that's pretty rare.

SEGA needs to come out publicly this time - and quickly - and make a statement that they are getting it under control - and then do it.

Genobee
Nov 10, 2006, 02:33 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:25, Vicious1080 wrote:

How do you get 5 million dollars going to sega when 100,000 people buy the game? You don't honestly think retailers sell the game for the exact same they payed sega for it, do you?

you do know that games in Japan sell game 20 dolalrs more in japan then they do here right?

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 10, 2006, 02:34 PM
On 2006-11-10 09:58, TangledWeb3917 wrote:

did they ever fix that synth bug on 360 to never fail?

Mechageo
Nov 10, 2006, 02:34 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1939/sonicteamrx4.png

Garasu
Nov 10, 2006, 02:35 PM
The games in Japan sell game 20 dolalrs more in Japan?Wouldnt the games in Japan already be in Japan?And where do we find these Dolalrs..?Does Japan sell the game?Im confused.

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 02:36 PM
LOL @ mechageo.....way to make me feel so good about my growing dread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sysliana21
Nov 10, 2006, 02:38 PM
I'd just like to point out that there are videos of Broomop hacking on Youtube. Granted its offline. So if offline uses gameguard like online that means hes doing it online too..

lvl 100
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSqWNvmG40c

Maxed mesta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2z6A8RuzA

Dunno if its relevant or not but thought I'd post it anyway, just in case it is..

hucast21
Nov 10, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:34, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

did they ever fix that synth bug on 360 to never fail?

It wasn't even a bug to begin with. I tried it over 20 times reloading and my synth still failed. If indeed it does work, people have more patience than I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-10 11:41 ]</font>

Cerulean
Nov 10, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:27, Genobee wrote:

Study harder.

What do you think PSU was made on a fastatic machine that comes for the realm of lost gods that a unicorn needs to shit out on the floor and won't do it for anything less then 3 million dollars?

It's not hard to make a video game, it's realy not. PSU is a very Basic programmed game, it's nothing that hasn't been done before.

It doesn't matter that other online rpg's have been produced before.

Not that I work for Sega, but I do work for the R&D department of a company, and I can tell a game of this magnitude costs at LEAST several million dollars to develop, minimum.

Cost areas:
* Initital R&D
* Character model design
* Object Design
* Source hierarchy (the overall schematic of how the eventually programmed app will flow)
* Art Direction (this alone must have cost them far more than 250k you mentioned; try hiring an art team or farming out work - something I do regularly - then get back to me) for in-game visuals
* Package and marketing design
* UI programming
* Sound production
* Music production
* Voice recording
* Marketing & advertising
* Total programming cost (plus debug)
* Production costs (include film plates for printed pieces)
* Shipping costs
* Inventory costs (stuff that doesn't ship out has to be paid for as it sits in their's or someone else's warehouse)
* Bad debt allowance (accounts that don't pay, overshipments, rush shipments, etc.)
* Ongoing cost to launch and maintain server/issue updates (aka unlock updates, make sure work as intended)
* Ongoing cost to manage consumer relations

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I work in a more traditional industry than video games (paper goods) and even a simple non-electronic product often costs many times what you estimated for PSU.

If anything, they won't even see a profit until this has been online for several months and only if they retain enough paying consumers to generate significant income.

SephYuyX
Nov 10, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:38, Sysliana21 wrote:
I'd just like to point out that there are videos of Broomop hacking on Youtube. Granted its offline. So if offline uses gameguard like online that means hes doing it online too..

lvl 100

Maxed mesta

Dunno if its relevant or not but thought I'd post it anyway, just in case it is..

Offline has already been hacked to bits by the JP long ago.

DrewSeleski
There is no offline gamegaurd in US version

Jiga
Broomop says:

hehe!! and i can do wierd stuff online now but im still messing about with things to tell u anything about that hehe!!

ive done god equip, infinite pp, infinite meseta and infinite item usage.

and some other stuff i want to keep quiet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

This post has been edited by Broomop: Today, 01:03 AM

--------

If you have played PSO DC and every version until now, then yeah you should know who Broomop is (and should know Nugz). Since PSU has come out, I've been reading Broomop's site everyday following his progress. Broomop does not brag, and he does not lie. If he says he can do infinite meseta online, then he can. I'm not one of his supporters or 'broomers', and this is the nail in the coffin. Sega/ST has never corrected hacking in the past. The only time there was ever something done about cheating (that I can remember) was the store dupe trick in PSO on Xbox. That same dupe trick could be done on DC/PC/GC, with no correction ever made.

If Sega/ST does not have the manpower to dish out the locked content, where are they gonna find the manpower and time to battle hackers? I'm out.

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 10, 2006, 02:43 PM
hacking offline doesnt mean jack, it isnt protected the same, the files can be altered etc.

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:38, Sysliana21 wrote:

lvl 100

Maxed mesta

Its relevant for the reason you state: you need to be online to play "offline", since Story Mode launches Game Guard. No idea why that site mod above said offline wasnt impressive.. you have to bypass Game Guard in both instances, not that THAT is challenging according to what many are saying about Game Guard - but that then leaves the barn doors wide open to anyone who knows what they are doing to hack in the online game. Pfft.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-10 11:45 ]</font>

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 02:47 PM
Gameguard and INCA in general have a really poor record for online security in any of their products......this hacking comes as no surprise. Perhaps they should of considered outsourcing this to another company or another product line?

My only shock is that it happened 3 weeks into the game's existance here in the states (who knows how long it's been hacked on JP side).

Cerulean
Nov 10, 2006, 02:47 PM
-IF- if gets to the point were things like in those youtube videos are happening online, then, yes, I'm gone. Make no mistake.

I'm just saying that Sega must have spent a ton to make this game.

If they don't protect it and erradicate these kinds of hacks then it will indeed be over before its even begun.

However, prolly best not to jump to conlcusions based on a couple of youtubes... disturbing as they are... >_>

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:27, Dai-Kitana wrote:

Either:

3. You're full of it.

Care to elaborate?

Me you are referring to? Go search on the web yourself about it. Go look for Broomop's site. Or watch the videos on Youtube.

I dont know anything about how to do it. Nor do I know how its done, if I phrased something technically wrong about server-client communications. The only thing I do know is it needs to not be able to be done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-10 11:53 ]</font>

Drayma
Nov 10, 2006, 02:52 PM
I don't know but if I buy a game isn't it mine and not broomop's?

Jiga
Nov 10, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:47, AngelLight wrote:
Gameguard and INCA in general have a really poor record for online security in any of their products......this hacking comes as no surprise. Perhaps they should of considered outsourcing this to another company or another product line?

My only shock is that it happened 3 weeks into the game's existance here in the states (who knows how long it's been hacked on JP side).

Perhaps Sonic Team should sell the Phantasy Star franchise to a company that gives a damn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 02:55 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:53, Jiga wrote:

Perhaps Sonic Team should sell the Phantasy Star franchise to a company that gives a damn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LOL....maybe they should of teamed up with Team NINJA's publisher...at least then the worst that could happen to them would be sexual harassment suits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-11-10 11:55, AngelLight wrote:

On 2006-11-10 11:53, Jiga wrote:

LOL....maybe they should of teamed up with Team NINJA's publisher...at least then the worst that could happen to them would be sexual harassment suits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Team Ninjs don't deal with THIS kind of stuff. Besedsa is the best place in my opinion.

AngelLight
Nov 10, 2006, 03:03 PM
you missed the inside joke there...

Check this out:
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11603

Actually, the post by bad-boy sums it up quite nicely located on this link:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127673

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-10 12:09 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 10, 2006, 03:12 PM
It probably would have helped if they hadn't chosen a program like gameguard, in which there are readily available to download programs to get around it. My wfe plays Maple Story, and hacks the hell outof it. Lvl 100 in a couple days, no money loss when shopping, etc. Anyone who thought Gameguard was going to protect them just needed to look at that mess.

It sucks...that's why I got the 360 version. Seperate server with hopefully tigher security.

TheWildJoker
Nov 10, 2006, 03:13 PM
[quote] Someone is in the lobby near the dragon entrance forcing people to type stuff, he did it to me and was making me spam this website over and over

Then he was making the screen fill up wiht like 9 miniture bubbles all saying the same thing

I think he somehow hacking in right as the maintenance was over

Sad, hope sega fixes this

On a side note, do not download anything at broomop, broomop is a virus that will infect your computer

Man dont post a topic on hacking . thats not hacking. thats called spaming. big diference theyre buddy.When ppl type the same thing over and over in a bubble, thats not called hacking. thats spaming.

Sysliana21
Nov 10, 2006, 03:24 PM
TheWildJoker:

The spamming issues with chat arent the only thing going on here. The god abilities, infinate mesta, one hit kill max level and above are other issues that ARE hacking in my book..

On a side note, Im pretty sure that if hes figuring it out how to do it offline, Im pretty sure hes working or has already worked on figuring how do it online. They both use gameguard and both online. I dont think for him it would be that hard to figure out. In either case he has said he knows how to do it and well, I believe him..

In either case, weather your a believer of "Its only offline, who gives a crap" or "OMG If its offline it can be online too" its still hacking irreguardless and needs to be STOPPED. Im sure it will only take time for it to come online if its not already. Just my two cents.

Sysli

satan69
Nov 10, 2006, 03:31 PM
you kids act like sega/sonic team gives a F.F. (not final fantasy) about you. they already got your $!

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 03:39 PM
On 2006-11-10 12:24, Sysliana21 wrote:
The spamming issues with chat arent the only thing going on here. The god abilities, infinate mesta, one hit kill max level and above are other issues that ARE hacking in my book..

So far no one has produced anything solid about online infinite meseta or god equipment.

On a side note, Im pretty sure that if hes figuring it out how to do it offline, Im pretty sure hes working or has already worked on figuring how do it online. They both use gameguard and both online. I dont think for him it would be that hard to figure out. In either case he has said he knows how to do it and well, I believe him..

The two problems are entirely different in character. One involves hacking local datafiles, the other would involve cracking remote servers and then hacking their behavior in specific ways. This is not only incredibly illegal and prosecutable everywhere that PSU is sold, but it's an order of magnitude harder to do.

I'm of the opinion that if the Japanese haven't wholesale cracked online yet, it isn't going to happen soon. They've had the game a lot longer and have already broken offline wide open, from what I can puzzle out with my limited japanese reading skills.

In either case, weather your a believer of "Its only offline, who gives a crap" or "OMG If its offline it can be online too" its still hacking irreguardless and needs to be STOPPED. Im sure it will only take time for it to come online if its not already. Just my two cents.

It's nearly impossible to prevent offline hacking without having a platform that supports TPM. Even then, it may be impossible. That's just the nature of computer programs that are run in "untrusted" (i.e., the hacker's) computers. Nothing can be done about it.

Miller
Nov 10, 2006, 03:47 PM
lol, I posted thrice about the hacking on Segas forum and they banned me.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
GOODNEWS, dont know if this has been posted, but Broomop has been banned. =D

Miller
Nov 10, 2006, 03:53 PM
Haha, owned

Realmz
Nov 10, 2006, 03:59 PM
with the talk of game development in this thread makes me want to put up my own thread just about that.

$250,000 for a game makes me laugh tho, i think if i told that to my teachers they'd cancel the weeks classes becaue of it.
one of them would find Geenobe and shoot him for saying that.

Witchblade56
Nov 10, 2006, 04:06 PM
I defy this person to show up on universe 15, lots of legit players here wouldnt tolerate that behavior and would report it on the spot.

There are alot of people who frequent the PSOworld forums here as well.

Why is it so appealing for people to get what they want when they want by hacking? Where's the fun in that? there isnt a challenge to the game this way.

I dont know; i have had friends that gave me rares etc. on PSOxbox and i gotta say it isnt nearly as fun as finding or crafting them like you can in this game.

Meh~ to each their own i suppose.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 04:21 PM
Like I said, Broomop was Banned. That should stop the hacking for a while... I wonder if hed get another account after he saw how fast he got banned.

Parn
Nov 10, 2006, 04:26 PM
It's easy to get another account though with no CD key required. The question is, are they flagging credit card info alongside a banned account?

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
And if he wants to continue dishing out 10 dollars every time he gets banned.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 04:32 PM
One,
Network hacks haven't been discovered.
I know this for a fact.
Stop starting rumors.
Unless ofcoarse you would like to post a video.

Two,
The first post says "Broomop is a virus."
Bullshit. Broomop is a person.
And nothing on his site has any viruses at all.

Three,
Yes, hacking network mode is currently illegal in the US.
Broomop doesn't live in the US, so wtf will SA do?
That's right.
Nothing.

Stop starting rumors.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 04:35 PM
uh... Ive seen it... and so has alot of other people in Uni 1 before dragon. Its not a rumor, Why was mop banned then?

2. The person who said it was a virus is kinda right. Broomops site has tons of files to download and he puts virus's in them to be able to track keystroke and things like that, to figure out passwords and account names for email,psu,etc.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 04:36 PM
Columbine, since your IG go ask nugz. HE knows mop has online hacks.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 04:41 PM
He was banned for attempting to hack on several occasions.

And no, you haven't seen it.
'Cause it's not there.

And once again,
No.
Broomops site has no "viruses".
I'm a member.
I know.

When you join the site,
and find me a virus to prove it,
then I'll believe you.
Until then,
you're guessing.

People over-exaggerate about broomop.
He's not a big bad monster out to get you.
So stop making shit up.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 10, 2006, 04:48 PM
I post
In prose style fashion,
To make my point.

I do not know,
Why.
I do this.

I suspect,
I may.
Be listening to too much emo music.

Or I may,
Have.
An overinflated opinion of myself.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 04:51 PM
Stay on subject please, -Shimarisu-?
May I remind you, flaming is againt the rules.
So it's highly unadvised.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 10, 2006, 04:53 PM
Can you write me a haiku next?

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 04:54 PM
ooo oo I like limericks :DDDDDDDD

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
What the fuck is your problem? Lol, I post and you flip out, and start a flame.
Gtfo, troll. If you're not going to post about the subject, you don't need to be here.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
If you think mops site doesnt have a virus, then get a virus checker, and download some of his files. A good one. I downloaded things in the past and everyfile something pops up. And yes mop does Have god equip online. Obviously he was banned for something.

TheStoicOne
Nov 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
Hacking Sucks,
I hope
that the
hackers
get
hit by
MEGA SPLODY, BIG BIG TRUCKS!!!!!!

Miller
Nov 10, 2006, 04:57 PM
Neither do people trying to piggyback on broomops E-peen.

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 04:58 PM
I would get on it too but I hear it has VIRUSES

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-11-10 13:55, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
If you think mops site doesnt have a virus, then get a virus checker, and download some of his files. A good one. I downloaded things in the past and everyfile something pops up. And yes mop does Have god equip online. Obviously he was banned for something.

I have downloaded some of his files. Quite a few of them to be honest. And if you want the truth, I did check; and golly gee, there's no viruses!

TheStoicOne
Nov 10, 2006, 05:00 PM
lol...slitz you cant win this one....just give it up.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 05:00 PM
On 2006-11-10 13:58, Slitz wrote:

On 2006-11-10 13:55, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:

I have downloaded some of his files. Quite a few of them to be honest. And if you want the truth, I did check; and golly gee, there's no viruses!

Well the ones i downloaded (psopc) files were loaded.

Neways off subject who cares if he has viruses on his files neways.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaKaVeLi_X on 2006-11-10 14:01 ]</font>

TheStoicOne
Nov 10, 2006, 05:03 PM
sp he was banned?!
Thats good, but I bet it only happened after the one thousend angry e-mails that were sent.........-_-'...

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-11-10 13:57, Miller wrote:
Neither do people trying to piggyback on broomops E-peen.

I'm not sticking up for Broom.I'm not Brooms friend, and I never have been. I'm simply telling the truth. I think it's hilarious how people over-exaggerate, and start all these rumors about people.

How many people on this forums PC's have been hacked by Broomop? ;D

Ubersoldat
Nov 10, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-11-10 13:41, Slitz wrote:
He was banned for attempting to hack on several occasions.

People over-exaggerate about broomop.
He's not a big bad monster out to get you.
So stop making shit up.

Dur....okay.

Miller
Nov 10, 2006, 05:05 PM
No one said anything about PC hacking, we are just pissed off that dicks like him ruin our gameplay that we are paying for.

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 05:06 PM
CONCERNED ABOUT ALL THESE HACKERS !!?!!?!! IS MY CREDIT SAFE ??? WHO'S PEEKING AT MY PRIVACY ?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!???! OH GOD I CAN'T BREATHE SIR YOU ARE CHOKING ME

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-11-10 14:05, Miller wrote:
No one said anything about PC hacking, we are just pissed off that dicks like him ruin our gameplay that we are paying for.

Then quit. ;D
You have the right to be pissed.But you don't have the right to make up rumors.

You're such an internet bully! ;D

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
Dear god that's almost as bad as ^.^

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
No one here made up any rumors.Mop has hacks, mop was banned. Thats all we said.

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 05:10 PM
Someone said he could do the infinite meseta online. That is a rumor since there is NOTHING to verify it.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah perhaps that one is. But I know for a fact he has God equip.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
It was also claimed that broomop has Viruses. And that the game is soon to be ruined. God of Equip effects you in absolutely no way, at all. And that's ALL that's been found. Everything else is server side. There's no Meseta hacks. Online, Meseta is server side. All that can be hacked is the number. It will show 99,999,999. But you'll still have the ammount you had before.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 10, 2006, 05:13 PM
What exactly is this God/Equip I keep hearing of?

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
Lets you equip anything regardless of class, stats, things like that

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 10, 2006, 05:15 PM
Im guessing he could probly equip a A rank wep right now if he had one.

Asra
Nov 10, 2006, 05:18 PM
TheWildJoker:

Sysli

there is a HUGE difference in the offline and online modes ! the "hacking" you do in the offline mode all happens on YOUR PC... the data of the chars etc. is on your damn PC and has nothing to do with GameGuard.

the BIG difference in online mode is: the characters are safed on a SERVER which someone would have acces to...and those character servers have way more security then that GameGuard. there is no data of yor character on your PC that can be edited like it was in PSO!

for short : if you want to hack in the online mode you got to hack yourself in the server and that is a much bigger story then just getting around Gameguard.

for myself... yes i have hacked in PSO...the reason? i wanted to "protect" my friends and me against that fucking virus named hackers i just wanted to enjoy the game with my friends and thats what i did.
i wont do it in PSU. i wouldnt even try it. i just want to enjoy old times with old friends and have fun in a world i really loved... and FFS i will report every damn idiot who is just trying to do that stuff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asra on 2006-11-10 14:21 ]</font>

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-11-10 14:18, Asra wrote:

TheWildJoker:

Sysli

there is a HUGE difference in the offline and online modes ! the "hacking" you do in the offline mode all happens on YOUR PC... the data of the chars etc. is on your damn PC and has nothing to do with GameGuard.

the BIG difference in online mode is: the characters are safed on a SERVER which someone would have acces to...and those character servers have way more security then that GameGuard. there is no data of yor character on your PC that can be edited like it was in PSO!

for short : if you want to hack in the online mode you got to hack yourself in the server and that is a much bigger story then just getting around Gameguard.

This is correct. ;D

theShoal
Nov 10, 2006, 05:23 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

What in the hell are you talking about?

Mechageo
Nov 10, 2006, 05:44 PM
For the record: I <3 PSU. I just don't want to see it go the way of PSO.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 10, 2006, 05:47 PM
Me neither.. Im in love with this game already, and I cant even play online yet!

Asra
Nov 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
it wont go that way... ST will protect there own server thats what they do the profit with. and as long as the character data is saved on the servers, it will be fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zandra117
Nov 10, 2006, 05:50 PM
Broomop is hacking into sega servers and hijacking legit peoples accounts to do his hacks online. Hes getting legit people banned and moving from account to account.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-11-10 14:50, zandra117 wrote:
Broomop is hacking into sega servers and hijacking legit peoples accounts to do his hacks online. Hes getting legit people banned and moving from account to account.

...Proof?

zandra117
Nov 10, 2006, 05:52 PM
Im not allowed to post his site but on his message boards he was bragging about it.

Callous
Nov 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
It boggles the mind that the combined might of a mega corporation like Sega haven't been able to hire a team that could stop this kid yet. He's been at it for years for god's sake, and relatively unhindered.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 05:54 PM
Lmao!!
Omg, that's hilarious.
So untrue, though.

If I remember correctly, he literally ASKED to borrow a friends account to test the hacks, and the person agreed.

He's not hijacking peoples account, rofl. If he had said that, he was joking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slitz on 2006-11-10 14:55 ]</font>

zandra117
Nov 10, 2006, 05:55 PM
name='Broomop' date='Nov 10 2006, 04:33 PM' post='22180']
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/212/hahahahahafl3.jpg
o well that legit wont be happy time to move to another legits account.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-11-10 14:57 ]</font>

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 06:00 PM
I'm guessing you're zandor117, on Brooms forums.. ;

zandra117
Nov 10, 2006, 06:01 PM
yep

etlitch
Nov 10, 2006, 06:03 PM
lol It's gameguard, how hard can it be?

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 06:07 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:03, etlitch wrote:
lol It's gameguard, how hard can it be?

You're not that bright, are you? ;
Sure, bypassing GG is easy.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
Getting past the server logs is a whole new story! ;D When someones meseta jumps to 99,999,999 out of no where, the server catches it! And it's the same for just about any other hack.. ;D Yay.

Garasu
Nov 10, 2006, 06:11 PM
Ugh...so...can this moron hack accounts..?

cobfab
Nov 10, 2006, 06:14 PM
He could possibly hack accounts if he tried but the people who gave him their accounts are either complete morons or got lied to.

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:14, cobfab wrote:
He could possibly hack accounts if he tried but the people who gave him their accounts are either complete morons or got lied to.

Who cares? lol

OMGOSH HACXXK!!
STTAY CLEER OF BROOMOP!!
HE WILL STEEL UR ACCNT!!

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 06:16 PM
no

Slitz
Nov 10, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:16, DrewSeleski wrote:
no

Could you possible be more specific as to what you're replying to?

Parn
Nov 10, 2006, 06:20 PM
On 2006-11-10 14:09, DrewSeleski wrote:
Dear god that's almost as bad as ^.^
http://synbios.net/images/misc/chink.jpg

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 06:20 PM
He cannot hack your account. It's possible through some roundabout means to get a keylogger or something on your computer but that's pretty easy to avoid anyways.

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 06:21 PM
OH PARN YOU LITTLE SCAMP YOU

Parn
Nov 10, 2006, 06:25 PM
Since PSU is going to be cheated to death, I found a new game to play. It features rape (http://urakata.cool.ne.jp/soulgainer/). I'm totally sold!

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 06:28 PM
On 2006-11-10 13:48, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I post
In prose style fashion,
To make my point.

I do not know,
Why.
I do this.

I suspect,
I may.
Be listening to too much emo music.

Or I may,
Have.
An overinflated opinion of myself.

Pot.
Kettle.
Black.

DrewSeleski
Nov 10, 2006, 06:29 PM
really more concerned about excellent rape online

Para
Nov 10, 2006, 06:30 PM
Gameguard = useless really.

I hope SEGA has a team devoted towards online security of PSU...

Parn
Nov 10, 2006, 06:32 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:29, DrewSeleski wrote:
really more concerned about excellent rape online
Speaking of which, would you mind coming over to My Room later, Drew? I'd love to experience your nanoblast firsthand!

Feelmirath
Nov 10, 2006, 06:41 PM
OMGNOESBROOMPOWILLDESTROYTEHWORLDWHATRWEGUNNADOLOL OLOLOLOLOL

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Nukei
Nov 10, 2006, 06:52 PM
We are going to ban everyone with the name Broom and Op and Broomop, jk

Nedeti
Nov 10, 2006, 06:59 PM
(-_-)' oh boy....

Asra
Nov 10, 2006, 07:17 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:30, Nites wrote:
Gameguard = useless really.

I hope SEGA has a team devoted towards online security of PSU...

seriously... try to learn something about servers.. gameguard just "tries" to keep you from hacking... or editing... the server iteself wont use GG... its to hard to read the stuff in this thread or why do you just jump to the last page?...

_Deliverance_
Nov 10, 2006, 07:36 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:21, Garasu wrote:
Well, Im actually ok with item dupes, I mostly get my own stuff..As for the meseta thing, if people are smart, the economy would be better, like in FFXI, I actually liked the fact everyone had millions, it was easier to get store bought stuff...But heck, if the economy is all out of whack and we all need to dupe money...then, we might as well dupe money..><

If you think the economy was good in FFXI, you need to lay off the crack, bud.

FenixStryk
Nov 10, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:25, Parn wrote:
Since PSU is going to be cheated to death, I found a new game to play. It features rape (http://urakata.cool.ne.jp/soulgainer/). I'm totally sold!Pfft-AHAHA! That's great!
As for Broomop, can't Sega just use his CC to track him down in person then fuck him up in one way or another? I mean, he could be sued for a multitude of crimes as far as the law is concerned.

If he's actually hacking into people's accounts and using those after his old ones get banned, that's really messed up. It's been almost a decade, and this guy's still out there. It's like that South Park episode about WoW.

Bleemo
Nov 10, 2006, 08:01 PM
Duping certainly isn't impossible. Hacking certainly isn't impossible.

In fact, I would be very surprised if PSU didn't encounter any duping/hacking. All major MMORPG's encounter plenty of hacking to some degree(Quite a large degree if I do say so myself.), and PSU will be no stranger. The degree all depends on Sega's reaction time upon being informed of said hacks. This is my only fear. Sega hasn't built their reputation on speedy fixes of problems of any sort, especially hacking.

If anyone reading this thread has played World of Warcraft, you would know that there has been plenty of duping/hacking going on in the servers for years. The difference is that Blizzard monitors their servers well and fixes any bugs or problems they encounter quickly, but usually there is always a way to accomplish what you want in terms of hacking. It's only a matter of the hackers finding it, and the company being alerted of the method.

Fortunately, information being saved server-side gives Sega much more time to react to any hacking due to how long it takes for any hacker to accomplish his goal. The only thing to fear about someone hacking or duping is how fast Sega can fix it before it becomes a problem, effecting the online game environment itself. Where it would be natural to assume they would fix it quickly, this is Sega we are talking about. No one is quite sure.

Expect hacking. The only thing you should not expect is that it will effect you, due to the difficulties of hacking in the first place. It's not as simple as popping in a GameShark anymore.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
They are all here in this PS2/PC version. You would just have to... Live with it since we can't do anything about it... Just have to leave it to Sega.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20061102_060738_000.jpg

Xihyon
Nov 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
What if Sega doesnt do anything to ban this person... I liked the way the server was...
hax free...

Gamemako
Nov 10, 2006, 08:54 PM
Gameguard is useless. It doesn't do anything after the initial check. Thus, crash it post-check and hack away (which is exceedinly easy, since one of my desktops happens to crash Gameguard anyway for reasons unknown -- but that doesn't stop me from playing). I tested it with Rakion. Then deleted the hacks and the game (which sucks pretty bad, sadly). Don't worry, I didn't ruin anybody's game; I entered a hack-only game with a bunch of hackers to test it (you will seriously see these games when you play Rakion). Spammed high-level summons while under level, laughed, quit. Honestly, the real question is what checks SEGA has on their server side. Anything (anything? ANYTHING) running on the client can be hacked.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 10, 2006, 09:39 PM
Damn it. wtf.... *sigh*

Why don't they have anything better to do? Jeez. I pray Sega can remedy yhe situation.

Cheating/hacking your own data is bad enough.

But stealing the accounts of legit players, hacking with them and getting an innocent bystander Legit banned is down right *wrong* and *evil* , such is totally uncalled for.

Why can't Broomop and people like him leave other people alone?

Why do they have to single out PSU?
Can't they go do anything productive or constructive that doesn't invovle breaking a online game playabilty and fun factor into pieces, and harming the game data/accounts of innocent bystander gamers? Damn. wtf.... *shakes head*

I don't know if I'll ever play PSU online now...

Kent
Nov 10, 2006, 10:12 PM
Well, Sonic Team did say they were trying really hard to keep cheats away from PSU... We'll see what their move is (if applicable).

Oh, and...

Study harder.

QFT and /obvious.

Isn't the average game development cost about $2M? And, of course, goes way up there for super-high budget titles such as Shenmue, which was... What, eleven times that in development costs?

February
Nov 10, 2006, 10:45 PM
On 2006-11-10 13:32, Slitz wrote:
Yes, hacking network mode is currently illegal in the US.
Broomop doesn't live in the US, so wtf will SA do?
That's right.
Nothing.

Stop starting rumors.

because no one outside of the US has ever been legal prosecuted for hacking US servers? Ever in history?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 11:03 PM
Unfortuntely i've read through this entire thread and Slitz is the best thing to happen to it. That's not exactly a good thing, though.

I saw some funny pictures here and there though, so that was nice.

UltraDeeDer
Nov 10, 2006, 11:48 PM
Oh.. well. Glad I am still waiting for the three-siddy.

vitius137
Nov 11, 2006, 12:20 AM

</font>

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1481808

February
Nov 11, 2006, 12:30 AM
On 2006-11-10 21:20, vitius137 wrote:

</font>

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1481808

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1481870

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 11, 2006, 12:43 AM
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1482003

A2K
Nov 11, 2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah... I think that's enough for now.