PDA

View Full Version : So with the hacking going on,

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 12:54 PM
Are the people complaining about less content taking the time to go and report the people hacking? And are the people complaining about the people complaining going and reporting the hackers?

Me personally, yes ive already reported it to the main psu site as well as the sub site for SEGA corp.

Im just curious as to how many people talk talk, but if they will really take the time to insure that the game they love stays hacker free.

If you havent reported the hacking, please do so ^_-.

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 12:57 PM
I am absolutely reporting anything I see, and will be e-mailing SEGA, as well as posting on the official forums to try and get a reply. If this gets out of hand, or nothing is done soon, I quit. Period. With no coming back to PSU in the future or any incarnation going forward. Not going through this again, having suffered through it all previous versions thus far, doing my best to keep playing anyway since console-based games had that as a weakness. Thought we were past this. Guess a little time will tell.

FenixStryk
Nov 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
Hacking? I've yet to see any hacking. Maybe it's because I'm on the 360.

Pure-chan
Nov 10, 2006, 01:22 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:20, FenixStryk wrote:

If it's going on on PC, you'll be getting it, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Polenicus
Nov 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
Fortunately for us, with game char data now server-side, hopefully it will be a little easier to stop hacking. Unfortunately, by not using the Hard Drive like FFXI does on the PS2, sweeping updates are more or less impossible client-side.

We'll have to see how this goes. I'm not at all surprised that hacks are emerging... after all, PSO was rife with them, and all the old school PSO hackers must have just been waiting for PSU to come out to start in on their old tricks there. I just hope we don't ever end up back in the Version 1 days of script-kiddies randomly running around in lobbies destroying character data.

Yoiyami
Nov 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:22, Pure-chan wrote:

If it's going on on PC, you'll be getting it, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, the majority of the 360 audience aren't interested enough in PSU to go through the effort. So, I don't think 360 players have much to worry about. The other versions are much easier to hack if you have some knowledge of it and you don't have much of a life.

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 01:27 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:25, Yoiyami wrote:

On 2006-11-10 10:22, Pure-chan wrote:

Actually, the majority of the 360 audience aren't interested enough in PSU to go through the effort. So, I don't think 360 players have much to worry about. The other versions are much easier to hack if you have some knowledge of it and you don't have much of a life.

True that, plus I dont think anyone is going to open up and mod there xbox360 just to get psu hacks.

On the side not, I also made a thread on the general section of the sega psu forum on the official site. Hopefully something gets done asap.

I mean come on, how can someone make YOU type what THEY want you to say? Next its going to be retrieving passwords with a few little extra tidbits.

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:27, AkiraXxx wrote:

I mean come on, how can someone make YOU type what THEY want you to say? Next its going to be retrieving passwords with a few little extra tidbits.

Probably their chat system is very simple and each string is prefaced by a character ID, which tells your client how to render the chat bubble.

I seriously doubt a simple bug like this could result in password retrieval, and I have some experience in the subject at hand.

Garasu
Nov 10, 2006, 01:32 PM
;-; Stealing our passwords?!Man...Well, if Sega doesnt do anything, we could take matters into our own hands, black list any hackers/make a hacker blacklist thread, and if FSOD pops up again..we could just FSOD any hackers...>_> that would be hacking also though...

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 01:40 PM
Seriously, calm down.

Someone discovers a minor exploit that is entirely trivial and suddenly people freak out. It's the same as the supposed Xbox 360 "perfect synth" bug. Exaggerated, poorly explained, never really worked except in a few specific cases, and as far as I can tell, already fixed.

Yoiyami
Nov 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:40, KirinDave wrote:
Seriously, calm down.

Someone discovers a minor exploit that is entirely trivial and suddenly people freak out. It's the same as the supposed Xbox 360 "perfect synth" bug. Exaggerated, poorly explained, never really worked except in a few specific cases, and as far as I can tell, already fixed.

One minor thing could lead to something bigger. That's always how things start. So, their fears are somewhat justified since Sega has a reputation of ignoring hacking issues and letting things get out of control. I somewhat think that Sega will actually do something this time around, but it's hard to put faith in those guys. XD

jarek99
Nov 10, 2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.pwned.nl/

leave! leave! leave! leave before the admin bans you! I know you're f'ing hacking!

AeraLure
Nov 10, 2006, 01:59 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:40, KirinDave wrote:
Seriously, calm down.

This is how it all started on each platform before, lest we forget. I am NOT going through the time investment and monthly fees to experience this again. SEGA needs to move or screw them.

I give it one week for myself and I want to see action and proof and a statement by then else that's it for me. Sigh.

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
I haven't seen hacking (X360) so I'm good. If I do I will report them. That is one reason why we can see people's ID's. A little tired of people complaining about hackers and a lack of faith in the company and the game. As Wu Tang said, "PROTECT YOUR GOD***N NECK!"

Protect the game you love.

Varon
Nov 10, 2006, 02:58 PM
The reason Xbox 360 users arent as intrested in hacking the game is because its not connected to the PC version and there for theres no point to doing it

wheras if a PC player does it they can affect ps2 players as well

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 10, 2006, 03:05 PM
my friends have modded 360's as a fact i know he is trying to hack it as we speak http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

T2
Nov 10, 2006, 03:05 PM
That and as of yet there is actually no exsiting novel method of hacking an 360. It's like trying to cut down trees without an axe.

Now a couple years down the road when the 360's been cracked and modded to hell, it'll be different story.

T2
Nov 10, 2006, 03:07 PM
On 2006-11-10 12:05, T2 wrote:
That and as of yet there is actually no exsiting novel method of hacking an 360. It's like trying to cut down trees without an axe.

Now a couple years down the road when the 360's been cracked and modded to hell, it'll be different story.

Not to mention microsoft are constantly trying to zap modded boxes, trying to hack an online game with a modded box is just not a good idea.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 10, 2006, 03:13 PM
A statement too? Bold words for a user indeed. I've played enough online games to realize almost all bans are never ever released to the public.

I'm not too overly concerned with the chat exploit, I kinda find it laughable since it leaves these would be hackers more open early on. Might as well get them while it's still early is what I'm banking on.

Since it was experienced by many users I believe that action will be dealt with in a timely fashion, if not already so.

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 03:21 PM
On 2006-11-10 10:59, AeraLure wrote:
This is how it all started on each platform before, lest we forget. I am NOT going through the time investment and monthly fees to experience this again. SEGA needs to move or screw them.

I give it one week for myself and I want to see action and proof and a statement by then else that's it for me. Sigh.

Well, the Xbox360 "perfect synth" trick did work, but stopped working for everyone within 24 hours. A lot of the code for PSU is server side, so they need not even necessarily force an update to us for us to see changes.

I dunno if that constitutes "proof", but it makes me think that the PSUofA team is at least somewhat active.

Kalier
Nov 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
the fact that broomop got on the game in the first place is reason enough to wonder what ST is thinking, considering they know he hacks their games.

MayLee
Nov 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
Why can't people just play the damn game right instead of hacking their way in and out of things? What fun is in that?

Kyon
Nov 10, 2006, 03:26 PM
For now, I suggest avoiding ultra-high traffic areas like raffon field base universe 1 or 2. Might be inconvenient, but safe.