PDA

View Full Version : PSU Mobs vs. PSO Mobs

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 10, 2006, 06:32 PM
can someone please tell me an enemy from PSO who is even HALF as annoying as the bots or the worms on Neudaiz?? I mean ya there were a few like the slimes, or maybe the tiny flying robots that shocked you, or EVEN the lillies that cast megid on you, but come on... the slimes just sunk back in and we're hard to kill cuz they wouldn't stay "up" for a long time and would split when hit by magic. The tiny flying robots had a 1-2 sec wait before they let loose that paralyzing shock. And the lillies' megid you could dogdge (most of the time, except for the "room of death" in the caves w/ ALL lillies... for those of you who know what im talking about...). But those GD worms in Neudaiz are just like the slimes only WORSE. When they come up from the ground they ALWAYS hit you with ATP down. They shoot burn DoTs at you AND they have an attack that is a AoE knockdown. and if that's not bad enough, they make up a good portion of the mobs spawned on Neudaiz. And lets not forget about the robots.... let's see shock, paralysis, burn, far too much HP, AND they hit like a truck. oh ya, and did i mention that when they die its an AoE explosion thats almost impossible to avoid if your following through with your PA?? I'm not so much as complaining about the enemies as I am asking if there was a SIMILARLY annoying enemy in PSO. THIS is why PSU feels different than PSO...imo... The enemies in PSU arent as memorable as in PSO like the Del Sabers, Sinow Beats/Reds/Blues, those stupid Magicians, or even those huge robots that shot like 20 missles at you. IMO the mobs in PSU aren't nearly as fun to kill as the mobs in PSO. I really think that is why PSU feels different than PSO, on top of other things... I know some people will "say" they don't have a problem with the worms or the robots, but come on now... who you tryin to fool here?

idk i suppose this post is more of a rant than a question but if anyone could fill me in on the question part, i'd be oh so slightly inclined to change my opinion....

Randomness
Nov 10, 2006, 06:34 PM
Simple. A Force with reverser in the party solves your problems nicely.

KirinDave
Nov 10, 2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah. PSU is harder than PSO, but I think that's good. With the exception of Ultimate mode, every PSO was pretty easy.

Except for Gibbles. He still has my poor FOmar's skull on a necklace. That monkey was way too hard. All I remember is using a lot of Scape dolls and laughing constantly.

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 10, 2006, 06:42 PM
true, but in comparison w/ PSO (and I'm comparing the 2 for obvious reasons...) many of the mobs in PSO were easily solo'd. you didn't get status effect after status effect when fighting the robots in PSO did you? or how bout the mobs that cast freeze on you? they didn't freeze you half the time did they? what I'm saying is how/why could/did SEGA make a mob that could effect you w/ soo many SEs when PSO/PSU has never been about HAVING to be in a party. you could always go out and solo and yes... you still can but I've solo'd Fantatics A and Rainbow Beast A or w/e there names are and it is damn annoying. More annoying than soloing any lvl at any difficulty in PSO.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 10, 2006, 06:45 PM
I enjoy facing the trio of Gazererors (sp?) in the HIVE in offline, the remake of Chaos Sorcerors.
Their Foie hits me for ~400 damage on offline, I wonder what they can do to a player when we get to face them online..

DJ_Phantasy
Nov 10, 2006, 06:48 PM
Chaos Sorcerors! that's the name...moths....ya those are fun to fight and paired w/ those flying mobs they are quite a headache but still challenging. but those worms...god, do they make midol for guys???

Nani-chan
Nov 10, 2006, 06:52 PM
I'm not annoyed by the worms, but of course I freeze them. (ranger)

Mwabwetumba
Nov 10, 2006, 06:53 PM
I think the reason you think of the S-beats and Delsabers (and so on) as such memorable enemies is because we got to slay them thousands of times, over and over again.
Maybe with time some of PSUs enemies will achieve the same status.

Oh yeah, I dig the Dilnazens' as well.. (offline) their feet remind me of Olga Flow.

AlMcFly
Nov 10, 2006, 06:57 PM
Haha, my main gripe with the worms is the fact that no matter where you are in a PA combo, if they choose to sink, they will. I don't know how many times that the first hit of my PA damages only to watch the next 2-5 hits whiff air just becasue the worm "decided" he wanted to be underground now, lol. ;P

FenixStryk
Nov 10, 2006, 07:09 PM
I find the monsters in PSU harder, but by all means they're still easy. In fact, I think I die LESS often in PSU. *shrugs* Maybe I'm just good like that.

Sinue_v2
Nov 10, 2006, 07:31 PM
Actually - the monsters in PSO were largely just updates of classic Phantasy Star monsters. Mothvants, Rappies, Grass Assassins, Slimes, Pan-Arms, NanoDragons, Chaos Bringers, Chaos Sorcerers, ect... ect..

For example...

http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/monsterfly.gif
http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/locusta.gif
http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/horsman1.gif
http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/blue_rappy.gif
http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/twinarms1.gif

Look Familar to anyone?

Randomness
Nov 10, 2006, 07:32 PM
Well, thats interesting.

Razanar
Nov 10, 2006, 07:52 PM
I think the monsters in PSO are much more memorable than the ones in PSU. I can't remember for the life of me hardly any of the names of the monsters in PSU...yet I could probably name 90% of the PSO monsters off the top of my head.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 10, 2006, 08:36 PM
I too find the names of the enemies in PSO more memorable, simply because PSO has been with me longer (though I now have more PSU hours than PSO hours). The enemies themselves were pretty awful though, and the hard ones would be easy if they made a return to PSU. The few I've seen in PSU behave better: Some moonwalk occasionally, some hop around a lot, some charge a lot and can be a bitch to dodge if you don't know what you're doing. Then there's the ones with the "I hit all that surround me and maybe I can freeze them too" attacks...makes me glad I'm a ranger until I realize I tend to use a shotgun and fight up close anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 10, 2006, 10:36 PM
The day PSU throws an enemy similiar to the Del Sabers at us is the day I /wrist. They where evil in PSO, and if they get re-made or have cousins in PSU it'll be hell all over again.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
The enemies in PSU arent as memorable as in PSO
Because PSU has only been out for a few weeks, as opposed to PSO's 6 years. Logic.

EphekZ
Nov 10, 2006, 10:48 PM
I find PSO alot harder than PSU. i remember every single ep4 enemy I hated so much. all they do is annoy the shit out of you. i'd take every enemy in PSU at once then have to face ep4 enemies.

Randomness
Nov 10, 2006, 10:50 PM
I woudlnt. Temple enemies en masse will own you.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 10, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-11-10 15:32, DJ_Phantasy wrote:
can someone please tell me an enemy from PSO who is even HALF as annoying as the bots or the worms on Neudaiz??Zus, Foie-spam Ba Bootas, Zus, Girtablulu, anything in Towers, Zus, need I continue?

Leodry
Nov 11, 2006, 05:18 AM
For me, the most annoying enemies in PSO (when soloing, at least) were large groups of dark gunners (I HATED those things!) and Indi Belras (ultimate form of dark belras). The first time I fought an indi belra, I just sat looking at my dead body on the screen for several seconds wondering how I was ever going to even hit the thing.

Unfortunately, I don't have PSU yet so I can't really compare the PSO mobs to those in PSU.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
My favorite are the Megid spitting SOBs known as Deljabans, who also like to bring a Gazereror along for the fun! Nothing like getting confused and then getting Megid spammed at you, while you try in vain to run to the last room.

Kalier
Nov 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
heh, i loved the last room before the final boss on story mode. about 6 mobs that spam megid on you, and one of the 'new sorcerers'(i forget the names), and only about 4 of the enemies actually die quickly. died to megid instant kill about 7 times before i finally cleared the room thanks to snipe and run tactics with a handgun(and using karen as bait to keep them off me)

Sekani
Nov 11, 2006, 10:39 AM
The mobs in PSU don't take two-thirds of your max HP with every swipe like the old-school ones did. The myriad of status effects are the only way to make them deadly now.

VanHalen
Nov 11, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-11-10 16:52, Razanar wrote:
I think the monsters in PSO are much more memorable than the ones in PSU. I can't remember for the life of me hardly any of the names of the monsters in PSU...yet I could probably name 90% of the PSO monsters off the top of my head.

of course PSO monsters are more memorable how long as PSU been out again? like 3 weeks and 3 months in japan nothing gets memorable that fast

Rajaxx
Nov 11, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-11-10 15:32, DJ_Phantasy wrote:
can someone please tell me an enemy from PSO who is even HALF as annoying as the bots or the worms on Neudaiz??

two words.....

Ill Gill's....
If I want to put extra emphesis, I shall add the word ultimate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

TheStoicOne
Nov 11, 2006, 11:13 AM
Sinue I love your characters!!!

Vorpal
Nov 11, 2006, 11:36 AM
The PSO megid spitting flowers were so evil lol, I hated those.

In PSU, most monsters do medicore damage compared to PSO, but they can rack a lot of damage in so short time if they gang on you successfully. But I think they were meant to do less damage thanks to mission ranks.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 11:46 AM
But the thing that saved ones hide in PSO is that whenever a monster took 2/3 of your HP, you fell to the ground and got time to heal yourself.
In PSU, you are NOT safe while lying down!
In the HIVE I was battling a pair of Deljabans (megid-spitting Dimenians) and a pair of Gazererors (Chaos sorcerors).
With offline mode being so easy and all, I underestimated what these fiends can do in concert with one another.
The Deljaban struck me for about 46 damage per hit, laughable.
And though the Gazererors could score around 400 damage with a Foie, they were so easy to avoid.
Well, the phone started ringing, and I turned and ran for the exit so I could leave the chair and not get killed.
The Deljaban lashed out again, hit me in the back, critting me for 156 damage, and my character fell down from the blow.
At the same time, one of the Gazererors launched a Foie at me, while the other sorceror sent a Barta at me. While I was lying on the ground the Foie struck, and took 452 of my HP, while the Barta froze me solid, dealing 222 damage.
I was down to ~500 HP when the Deljaban spat a Megid at me, killing me instantly while I was helplessly wiggling the analog sticks (force of habit).
"Wow" , was all I could say. From completely worhtless to completely DANGEROUS.

This is my most memorable fight from story mode so far.
Just think how nasty it can get online S-rank with even more and deadlier enemies!