PDA

View Full Version : Please dont put PSOW in your shop if you're going to rip peo

Tanizaki
Nov 10, 2006, 06:57 PM
I've been trying to shop at places that have PSO-world in their ads. However, i keep coming across places like this.

"Daravon" is the name of the char

"Looking to offload, not to profit! PSO-World member" is his ad.

However, he's got things like nanocarbon up for 3k.

Way to represent. He's not the only one either. Now, i know there's a full list of NPC prices on the forums here. There's no excuse for this, especially with such a bold face lie in the ad like my example there.

what can you do i guess. I'd rather buy from the NPCs than pay for overpriced crap from someone just because they put PSOW in the ad.

SailorDaravon
Nov 10, 2006, 07:15 PM
I have one nanocarbon up at all times at 3k because it consistently sells. And every single other thing I sell at about 30% of NPC price, and I literally run out of things to sell every day. I've made over 220k the past week by my spreadsheet. I price shop player shops constantly to keep prices low.

So basically screw you buddy. I've seen tens of PSOW people selling stuff at several times retail, yet I sell ONE item at a little over retail? Get over yourself.

Oh, and I just took a look at your shop. Your ad claims 50% of NPC shop prices.

-You're selling a 4 star Saiyuhouh for 5k. Retail is 8600.
-You're selling a Stellaline for 4500. Retail is 6k. Note I sell these consistently at 3k.
-You're selling a Brandline at 1500. Retail is 2400. I sell these for 1k.
-You're selling Metacarbons at 1500, retail is 2500.

Then most of your prices are fine, except you're selling Moon Atomizer X and Scape Doll boards at a respective 1k and 2k, which is stupid high. I sell both for 100. I also undercut almost all of your prices by another 1/3 or so. I could go on, but I have more money to make. Also since it offends you so much, I AM going to take the nanocarbons down so you have nothing else to bitch about. Sorry for selling ONE item over retail that sells. I guess I'll have to console myself with all of my regular customers and the 20-50k a day I pull in depending on what day of the week it is.

Also, this probably wasn't the correct forum to post this in. Also props for being an adult and not just PM'ing me about it. Some people honestly don't realize their prices are high, and are glad when I say something in their shops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-10 16:30 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 10, 2006, 07:34 PM
You know theres things like elemental percents, grinding, that up cost, right?

SailorDaravon
Nov 10, 2006, 07:40 PM
His weapons had no grind or elemental on them, unless I missed it, in which case I do apologize. His armors had low elemental on them (16 and 20% I think?), but for lower level armor that's not a terribly big deal, and shouldn't change the price really. The point he's trying to make in general is good, but I don't appreciate being made an "example" of, especially when there was only one item out of god knows how many I was selling over retail, or hell anywhere near retail. I can go make a list of PSOW people totally ripping people off in 5 minutes if he'd like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-10 16:41 ]</font>

Tanizaki
Nov 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
#1. it says synth items 50% off NPC. and yes, not all may be exactly 50% off, but as a whole it's actually better than a 50% discount. I would say that even 10% off of an NPC is far better than most people's prices, wouldn't you? At least, better than overpricing the stuff.
#2. the weapons are grinded, in fact. one of those guns has 3 grinds.
#3. regardless of why you put up the nanocarbon for 3k is irrelevant. It's still ripping people off.

I'd like to see that list. Let's expose these people. Or at the very least, enlighten them.

http://www.afstudios.net/playground/fileDump/psu_vendorlist.pdf Here's a full list of all NPC prices. I suggest everyone check them out.

List is courtesy of Aquaflare7. Thanks a lot aqua, it's a really big help!
(i should mention there's another list up in the forums somewhere, thanks to them too even though i didn't link it)

SailorDaravon
Nov 10, 2006, 08:41 PM
Fair enough, and I apologize for not catching the grinds on the weapons. I'm sure you can understand why I'm annoyed when I've just spend the last 9 hours soloing runs for the Item Drop Database and I come on to reccommend someone else to Parn's armorsmithing service and see me singled out for ONE item though. Let me finish this run and I'll get some PSOW people listed. I can think of at least one or two that this morning had items listed at all 9's, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-10 17:42 ]</font>

SailorDaravon
Nov 10, 2006, 09:16 PM
Well I stand fairly corrected. As far as retail item goes, everyone I found was under retail, although some by not very much at all. Items not buyable at NPC was a mixed bag. I didn't find anyone ripping people off per se, but I saw a lot of things at pretty unreasonable prices like Grinder A Bases at 4500, Moon/Scape/Star boards at 2k+, things like that. A few people had really common shop items at over retail but probably didn't realize it. One guy had Monomates for 100 over retail, but then Dimates for way under, so that makes me think it's a mistake. Someone else had Ether Acids at 300, but again other stuff was under retail. There was somebody selling Wrapped Presents (?) though, which I think is extremely shady, and is the new "thing." For those unaware, you can giftwrap any item, then sell it at what you want in your shop, and the person has no idea what it is until they actually buy it and open it.

For the most part though people's shops were pretty reasonable though, right at about the prices I sell at give or take. A fair amount of very "questionable" prices like I said above, but if you can't buy it at a NPC any price is debatable if it's a ripoff. I talked with two members in a shop who seemed nice as well. And for my part I removed my nanocarbon and changed my ad. I don't want only one item to hurt my rep around here. All of my other stuff should be well under retail already, if not let me know.

Also Walrus in a tophat is the best character name EVER.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-10 18:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-10 18:18 ]</font>