PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Good news on shop issue.

AkiraXxx
Nov 10, 2006, 10:30 PM
Last week some of us were concerened that our shops were not appearing. Well today I noticed that my shop is back up, and actually if you type in the word "grinder" its the 4th shop. Now im not exactly sure what this means other than.

1.Every week the shops alternate allowing other shops to display.

2.The more people that visit your shop, your shop will appear on the list.

3.The more people that BUY from your shop, your shop will appear on the list.

4.Its a completely random cycle every week to were a different shop is displayed.

Time will only tell, next week we will see if the shops change. Also if your shop wasnt displaying, check if its displaying now and let us know what word you search for your shop for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Ryogen
Nov 10, 2006, 10:32 PM
LOL Advertizing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

therealAERO
Nov 10, 2006, 10:33 PM
or maybe...sega fixed it

hypersaxon
Nov 11, 2006, 08:44 PM
I noticed that when searching by item, it only shows 20 shops starting with the shop that sells the item that you're looking for at the lowest price. I tested this, and the further down I got, the more expensive the item was priced.

So I'm guessing the way that's set up is, people who seriously overprice their items will have less chance of having their shop appear when people are searching for something, which is nice.

Saigan
Nov 11, 2006, 09:10 PM
that's a nice way to force competitive pricing instead of price gouging.

KirinDave
Nov 11, 2006, 09:14 PM
There must have been a change during the maintenance. This is not the order it used to have, it used to be very random.

Server side code for the win!

Knownoes
Nov 11, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hope that's true. I don't like having to visit 10 shops selling the item I want for 999999999999 meseta for whatever reason before finding one at a decent price.

Kalier
Nov 11, 2006, 10:22 PM
from what i can tell, shops appear in order of 'performance' which they update every so often. the more someone buys from your shop, the higher up it'll show.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-11 19:22 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 11, 2006, 10:54 PM
the cheapest showing at the top of the list isnt right. just for reference.

Flamingo99
Nov 11, 2006, 11:11 PM
I don't like the whole "the more people buy from your shop, the better chance you'll show" method. It seems that the people who sell will always sell, and the person who just started a shop will never show. I think it should randomly choose the shops and have two or three pages listed with different shops. And hopefully a "show price" option will be available.

Aberu
Nov 11, 2006, 11:38 PM
It's not true IMO. I search for nanocarbon and this guy has it priced at 10k (WTF BTW you FUCKING R-TARD!) and he was at the top. Next in line was a guy who had it at 20k. Jeez guess it's still fucked. But I did do a search for dianaline and the top was 100 meseta, next 250, next 299.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 11:40 PM
On 2006-11-11 19:22, Kalier wrote:
from what i can tell, shops appear in order of 'performance' which they update every so often. the more someone buys from your shop, the higher up it'll show.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalier on 2006-11-11 19:22 ]</font>

No it cycles every half hour. Just realized this last night. Depending on the category, the names will shift down 1 spot every half hour putting a new shop in its place using the same reference. Its so stupid to have it like this, because if your shop is in the waiting list, and your half hour come up at around 2pm in the morning on a weekday, no ones going to see your shop by the time it passes over.

Parn
Nov 11, 2006, 11:45 PM
I've recently come to the conclusion that shopping for materials like nanocarbon is a complete waste of time. After spending some 15-20 minutes jumping from shop to shop looking for a deal, I could have run a mission in the same amount of time and gained experience points, more money than I would have saved if I had found a deal, assorted items and the possibility of some rare materials that randomly drop, and more combat XP for my PM.

The saying "time is money" kind of applies. Until nanocarbon miraculously drops below 2000 meseta on average, I'll stick to NPC vendors.

Aberu
Nov 12, 2006, 03:04 AM
I saw something funny. This guy's shop had Nanocarbon at 2k, which I still think is a gross overpricing. 500 meseta off is barely a deal. This same shop had upteline for 1k, and marseline for 1.2k. Upteline is one star above marseline in rank!

Weak
Nov 12, 2006, 03:11 AM
I sell Nanocarbon normally for 1500, and it gets bought instantaneously.

Haceldama
Nov 12, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-11-12 00:04, Aberu wrote:
I saw something funny. This guy's shop...

Well that guy is me ^_^. I made an experiment, and as i presumed, the marseline was gone way WAAY before the upteline.
But i admit, my memory can be faulty at at times =)

I just started playing and experimenting with the shops is one of the things i really like here in PSU.

Reeve
Nov 12, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-11-12 00:04, Aberu wrote:
I saw something funny. This guy's shop had Nanocarbon at 2k

i sell every nanocarbon i get at 2k

its supply and damand, nanocarbon is in great demand so i give it a highish price aslong as its reasonably lower than vendor both the buyer and seller are getting something out of it..

...besides you dont want to know how much i paid for my gigaline.....now that was extortion

Mouseklip
Nov 12, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-11-10 19:33, therealAERO wrote:
or maybe...sega fixed it

Sega has yet to fix anything.