PDA

View Full Version : Did Xbox 360 users get any patches yet?

Dragnorok
Nov 10, 2006, 10:48 PM
Since the Xbox 360 servers are connected with the JP servers and the JP have gotten a few patches wouldn't the US servers HAVE to have gotten the patches too since their connected? I mean what would happenned if they didnt? Wouldnt it like...crash the game if a JP player came into a US server with a new weapon or as an expert class? O.o

PJ
Nov 10, 2006, 10:53 PM
No, since 360 isn't connected to the Japanese players.

Well, not the current one anyways, since those ones are PS2/PC players. The JP 360 PSU isn't even out yet.

Dragnorok
Nov 10, 2006, 10:57 PM
Really? I remember reading somewhere that the Xbox 360 servers were connected to the JP ones as well...oh well, thanks for clearing that out

McLaughlin
Nov 10, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-11-10 19:48, Dragnorok wrote:
Since the Xbox 360 servers are connected with the JP servers and the JP have gotten a few patches wouldn't the US servers HAVE to have gotten the patches too since their connected? I mean what would happenned if they didnt? Wouldnt it like...crash the game if a JP player came into a US server with a new weapon or as an expert class? O.o

No. Not only is the JP version for 360 not out yet, but the only platform that needs patches is the PC versaion.

The 2 JP PSU360 players will be updated along with the rest of us on the NA/EU servers.

Not to mention nothing is patched for content updates. They do all the unlocking server-side. There's nothing to download.

McLaughlin
Nov 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-11-10 19:53, PJ wrote:
No, since 360 isn't connected to the Japanese players.

Well, not the current one anyways, since those ones are PS2/PC players. The JP 360 PSU isn't even out yet.

PS2/PC users are only linked to the EU players. The JP are isolated.

The Xbox 360 servers are region free.

Dragnorok
Nov 10, 2006, 11:01 PM
ok then, thanks.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 01:10 AM
On 2006-11-10 19:58, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-11-10 19:48, Dragnorok wrote:

No. Not only is the JP version for 360 not out yet, but the only platform that needs patches is the PC versaion.

The 2 JP PSU360 players will be updated along with the rest of us on the NA/EU servers.

Not to mention nothing is patched for content updates. They do all the unlocking server-side. There's nothing to download.

Wrong. There is actually new content, whether it comes sooner or later doesn't matter, but all the content we'll ever have for PSU is not on the disc.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 01:13 AM
Well i've downloaded the same system file on my PS2 like 4 times in the past three days. I thought it was late-halloween decorations, but i'm guessing it's just checking the file itself and reinstalling it for some reason. Can't find any documentation on it.