PDA

View Full Version : Teach me how to force. (extra)

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 12:34 AM
I have both hunter and ranger at lv10 now. I took somebody's advice and did the dagger+mech combo for ranger, and that worked out pretty well. Now I want to put that unpleasant memory behind me and try out force. I know I'd do it wrong if I tried it by myself, so I want some tips to get me at least started.

So far, I'm planning on synthing two A rank rods and stuffing them with ice and light techs. I chose ice and light because they suit my character well, and not for any practical reason. Anyone care to tell me anything else I should plan?

_dd_
Nov 11, 2006, 12:40 AM
Easiest way to level up is to buddy up.

Find a partner who is a different class from you, and when you want to swap.... just swap.

Switch Weapons, Armors, Units, and change classes and start leveling up.

The only problem is that you've got to have trust in your friend.. otherwise you might just get your stuff jacked.

Eli_Leviathan
Nov 11, 2006, 12:41 AM
its really up tp you and how you want to play a force.....but alot of people like using wands and a nice handgun.....or you could use rods that hold more spells and have better stats overall but are a bit slower with casting.....it really depends on how you like to play......i would experiment with it till you find out how you like it.

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 12:42 AM
Hm, I did specify this was in extra mode, right?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 12:42 AM
Party: Support, Support, Support. Your spells are majorly gimped and unless you really want to be Fortecher then you probably won't over write any of your PAs or bullets for the spells. Get staffs and rods and load them with Resta and Reverser, and just support. Use a handgun or a bow occasionally.

Solo: A staff or two loaded with Resta and Reverser for the extra cure. Rest of the slots should be Bows.

Now, if you want to be a Fortecher then by all means try to level those spells up now since you're so high. Have fun doing that.

EDIT: Ah, thought so. It sounded kinda iffy for extra or online mode. Get some Bows and a staff or two with healing spells on them. Use your bows. Grind your bows. Stick arrows into enemy heads. Go now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-10 21:43 ]</font>

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 12:48 AM
Bows? Don't techs do more damage? I had a rather bad experience with bows, so I'd rather not use them. The fact that I can only equip lvB bows doesn't help, either...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 12:53 AM
On 2006-11-10 21:48, Zorafim wrote:
Bows? Don't techs do more damage? I had a rather bad experience with bows, so I'd rather not use them. The fact that I can only equip lvB bows doesn't help, either...

Are you willing to write over your other PAs or bullets for the spells necessary to hit level 10 Force?

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 12:55 AM
Why not? I only have 12 slots used up anyway.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-11-10 21:55, Zorafim wrote:
Why not? I only have 12 slots used up anyway.

The poor mans route to capping all jobs at 10 huh? Well sure, buy the spells and their AoE form and match elemental weakness with the right spell. Meh, eventually they'll start doing good damage.

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 12:59 AM
Poor man's? I had three weapon types as a hunter, and ranger sucked so much that I just grabbed an A rank mech and a dagger and used that for ten levels. You must be overestimating extra mode.

(By the way, I just learned that a lv100 android lv1 force can't equip an A rank rod. I have some farming to do...)

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 01:00 AM
I got my extra mode character to 67 using nothing but Gimegid (If that's what it's called, I forget, the homing megid.) and nothing else. 1 or 2 hit kills on everything but special monsters.

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 01:02 AM
Gimegid? I wanted to avoid using darkness techs, for some odd reason, but I don't see why I can't stuff a rod full of megid and kill things. Thanks, I'll try that.

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 01:26 AM
Seriously, I used no other spell. It was the Japanese version and I really didn't pay attention to elemental attributes or anything, couldn't read the spell names or anything. But Gimegid did the most damage (It seemed...) and killed two enemies at once. Good enough for me. My highest crit at 67 was 3570 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 01:45 AM
Oh my God, FOcaseal sucks so much...

Xbob
Nov 11, 2006, 02:34 AM
I never got the hang of using all the caseal and whatever names during the 6 years I played PSO. To me it was all just gibberish.

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 02:37 AM
Really? That's odd. I got used to them rather quickly. It's a female android, if you're curious.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 08:38 AM
Actually, stat-wise, rangers in extra mode are godly in everything but TP and Men/MST. They have 3 times, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif , the ATA of hunters and only slightly lower HP, ATP, and DEF. Sorta off topic.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 08:44 AM
Zorafim, FOcaseals (and FOcasts) have WAY higher TP in network mode.
Extra mode truly hurts the magic androids..

JamesKilton
Nov 11, 2006, 12:36 PM
I get FOcast, a CAST Forcer or RAmar, a Humar Ranger, but what does it mean to put 'al' at the end of these?

Mwabwetumba
Nov 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
FOcaseals means FOrce CAST Female.
RAmarl means RAnger Human Female.
Its a rather mysterious system from the days of PSO^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2006-11-11 09:41 ]</font>

Astarin
Nov 11, 2006, 12:58 PM
My advice is to experiment a bit with each of the TECHNICs. There are a lot of different types, so you'll want to find ones that you like. If you've already been playing Extra mode, I'll assume you've cleared a bunch of Story mode chapters (meaning most or all TECHNICs are available to buy) and recommend some.

Foie and Diga are both great high damage, single target TECHNICs. Your friends on any tough enemy. Buy both, to cover different resistances.

Buy Resta and Reverser early as well. That way you can heal yourself stupidly easy.

Barta is a great, cheap-PP-cost multi-hit spell, and it does suprisingly nice damage (in Extra mode anyway... seemed lower in Network mode when I played in the beta).

Megid is the exact same as Barta, but instead of a chance of freeze, it has a chance of one-hit-KO.

From there, find which elements you like best, and pick up some of the area of effect versions (Ra-, Gi-, Dam-, Nos-) of those elements.

Personally, I find earth TECHNICs are strong against most anything, and the Gi-techs are rather amazing. Nos-techs are pretty great too. I wish Ra-techs hit more than 3 enemies (though this will eventually increase), and I don't particularly care for Dam-techs. Waste a lot of PP for slow, awkward-to-aim damage. Don't care for Regrant either, since it's really just a light-element Dam-tech.

Oh, and Retier is nice. Boosts TP. Use it.

My last advice is... use TECHNICs of appropriate elements to cover monster weaknesses, learn to aim, learn when to use each type of attack (normal, Gi-, Nos-, etc) and carry lots of Wands/Staffs! You'll use up PP like there's no tomorrow, so you'll want a fully stocked palate of fresh weapons.

Sorry for the erm, verbose post. I've been playing a lot of Extra mode Force (until I spring for Network mode), so hopefully this helps.

jarek99
Nov 11, 2006, 02:05 PM
Heal everyone, use reverser and moan about mobs getting flung around. Thats how you play a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Nov 11, 2006, 02:54 PM
Eh, I think I'll give this a pass. I'm already lv100 with all my uber equips, so things are rather boring now. The damage I do with spells just sucks, and my PP runs out too fast. I could fix this with the TP boosting slot, but that would require getting the Neudiez armor and the slot itself, which means two and a half hours of farming for meseta on hunter. Not to mention I don't even have enough TP to even equip the rank A rod, when I had enough atp to equip the rank s spear at lv30.