PDA

View Full Version : absurd nanocarbon prices.

Kodeen
Nov 11, 2006, 01:08 AM
I'm really having a hard time trying to wrap my brain around this. NPC's sell nanocarbon at 2,500m a piece, but in people's stores i usually see them going for 6 or 7 digit prices (i actually saw someone selling it for 1337337). I really don't understand this. If you don't want people buying your nanocarbon, then don't put it up for sell. Otherwise, you would think people would want to sell less than NPC's, it's not like there's a limited amount. Does anybody have any insight on why this situation exists?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 01:10 AM
My Tear of Light is listed at 777,000. Just because it looks good on the list. Price be damned; it just looks good in myshop.

My Weapons are severely over priced from what i've seen here on PSOW, but i'm almost always sold-out when I wake up and check my shop every morning. *shrugs* If it works don't fix it.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 01:14 AM
I'm actually planning on raising the price of my 5 star weapons from 10K to 15K. This would allow me to profit while buying materials from the NPC's since I'm getting tired alot of times of sorting thru all the grossly overpriced materials in player shops.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 01:16 AM
On 2006-11-10 22:14, BloodDragoon wrote:
I'm actually planning on raising the price of my 5 star weapons from 10K to 15K. This would allow me to profit while buying materials from the NPC's since I'm getting tired alot of times of sorting thru all the grossly overpriced materials in player shops.

I only make elemental weapons.

10-19%: 15,000
20-29%: 20,000
30-50%: 40,000

I think 40k. It might be 30k. I've sold a few of those, but I rarely get over 30% so I may make a new bracket for the 40-50% range. Either way, going past 30% is severely overpowering ANY weapon, so I feel it is justified. The fact they keep selling only drives me to keep my prices the way they are.

NOTE: I buy strictly from NPCs, and this price only pertains to 5* items I make. If it's not 5* the price will be half of what the NPCs sell it for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-10 22:20 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 01:23 AM
Mine are all elemental too tho all the ones over 30% I made so far I kept for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I've been profitting off of 10K so far because I've hunted for extremely low cost materials from player shops which is time consuming or I find all the materials myself. I know I could have sold them for more but didnt before because I was moving my weapon inventory about as fast as I synthed it. Tho it was only 10K for 10-25% at my shop and 15K for 25%-30%. I've yet to sell anything with a higher percentage than that though I've happily kept my 50% lightning dual slashers and a few other high % weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 02:07 AM
I sell all synth materials and store weapons at half price. For the more rare stuff..not always half off, like...nanocarbon I usually sell for 2,000..which is still a discount. The good prices are out there, you just have to spend the time searching for them.

Grr
Nov 11, 2006, 02:23 AM
The tactic is very cheap and I consider Blacklisting people who do this , what it is is putting common items people want (mars , carbons,etc) for super high prices so your name shows up no matter what people enter in the search function so lets say you whoudl like to browse for marseline , and you end up at some smucks shop who has everything at super high prices , and only 1 marseline for sale for like , max Meseta. mean while theres a decent priced shop getting no business.

I think you should be able to view prices in the shop search , that whould fix those fools right fast.

Sickening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grr on 2006-11-10 23:25 ]</font>

Miphesto
Nov 11, 2006, 02:26 AM
i say we do a way with bitching about how much things cost....pay it, or dont pay it....that's the price they are asking...bitching is not going to make them lower it if it's selling...

an item's true value is no more than what someone is willing to pay for it

watashiwa
Nov 11, 2006, 05:04 AM
I always price my Nanocarbon at 1,000 and Marseline at 600.. people always buy them out when I post them...

daylight129
Nov 11, 2006, 06:05 AM
On 2006-11-10 22:08, Kodeen wrote:
I'm really having a hard time trying to wrap my brain around this. NPC's sell nanocarbon at 2,500m a piece, but in people's stores i usually see them going for 6 or 7 digit prices (i actually saw someone selling it for 1337337). I really don't understand this. If you don't want people buying your nanocarbon, then don't put it up for sell. Otherwise, you would think people would want to sell less than NPC's, it's not like there's a limited amount. Does anybody have any insight on why this situation exists?

Obviously this person was kidding based on his figures...come on now you aren't that gullible are you? :/

Neith
Nov 11, 2006, 06:33 AM
I saw a Relic Edge for 'sale' last night, for 9,999,999. Why bother putting it on sale? To gloat?

Nanocarbon is overpriced. I saw someone selling it for 3k a piece last night. You can buy it from an NPC for 2,500.. lots of player shops are clearly trying to rip off new players, which is sad.

On the rare occasion I get Nanocarbon in stock, I sell it for 1,800. -Watashiwa's price is the cheapest I've seen so far.

Some of the player shop antics annoy me, lately I've seen:
- Using an ad like 'I don't have Marseline', just so your shop shows up in people's searches (as Marseline is a wanted item)
- 'I'm selling C-Rank Weapons cheap' 8k for a C-Rank weapon with no elements/grind is a joke.
- Selling Neu Wood (NOT Neu Ash, or Neu Ebon) for 2,000 a piece.

I don't know, if all you're gonna do is rip off new players, you don't deserve to have a shop open.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-11-11 03:36 ]</font>

hypersaxon
Nov 11, 2006, 11:28 AM
I had a Nanocarbon a few hours ago, sold it for 1250 meseta. I always sell synth items in my shop for 50% of the NPC price, so if you're on the 360 version do a search for "Saxon" and be sure to check back often.

Sorry for advertising in your topic btw I gotta make my money somehow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kodeen
Nov 11, 2006, 01:43 PM
On 2006-11-11 03:05, daylight129 wrote:

On 2006-11-10 22:08, Kodeen wrote:
... in people's stores i usually see them going for 6 or 7 digit prices (i actually saw someone selling it for 1337337).

Obviously this person was kidding based on his figures...come on now you aren't that gullible are you? :/

Oh, I'm aware that this particular guy was joshin (he only had 3 items, they were all 'elite elite'). What I'm particularly curious about it the 6 other people selling it for 999,999m. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm complaining about it, just that intellectual curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Grr, I think you're on to something. Why they want to be on the list, I don't know. Maybe this is their 2*pi seconds of fame, or something.

(BTW, these forums don't handle the pi symbol correctly)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kodeen on 2006-11-11 10:45 ]</font>