PDA

View Full Version : Non Elemental

Aznubbie
Nov 11, 2006, 03:00 AM
Is it really true that ur a newbie when you don't use elements? I mean today i was in a game, and i had 5 star weps, and just because they weren't elemental i was called a newb for not maxmizing my damage. To make the elemental weapons is annoying and expensive especially when i cant get those items cheap. But now do i have to make elemental weapons just to fit in with the community?

hypersaxon
Nov 11, 2006, 03:04 AM
Making elemental weapons isn't that hard. Making weapons in general usually costs less than buying it in the store, especially if you found most of the items needed to make it.

Most people should have plenty of elemental photons after a few runs, right now I have a lot of elemental photons lol

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 03:07 AM
Dont worry about it. Sounds like you just got in a party with some elitist pricks. I've seen alot of people using store bought weapons because they didnt want to level their PM or risk the materials with a low success rate.

Realmz
Nov 11, 2006, 03:09 AM
i don't use (or even have really) any elemental weapons for two reasons. Right now the most common precentages (high teens?) wouldn't up my damage much anyway and my non-elemental weapons will hit everything for this damage, with no penalty.

at higher levels i'd probably make some elemental weapons, but right now i like my green weapons

Grr
Nov 11, 2006, 03:09 AM
Anyone who calls you a newbie is false. Sure the guy with the Ice spear does better damage to the dragon , but unless he spent equally high amounts on a fire spear , Ice enemies will make him hurt (See: the giant things that AoE gibarta)

Also thought i share a moment youd enjoy pertaining to Elemental bonuses: a force friend of mine had a staff/rod (i dunno im not a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif) with ra barta and resta on it , and when called a noob for not having like percents for barta/rabarta resta/reverser , he responded with "Oh, I knew about elemental bonuses (he in fact , did), you just keep dying so fast that its hard to keep switching back and forth ". pwnt.

Schubalts
Nov 11, 2006, 08:34 AM
I'd rather have one non-elemental weapon that works on everything, than have to carry multiple elemental weapons, that only work on certain things.

Kalier
Nov 11, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-11-11 00:09, Grr wrote a force friend of mine had a staff/rod (i dunno im not a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif) with ra barta and resta on it , and when called a noob for not having like percents for barta/rabarta resta/reverser , he responded with "Oh, I knew about elemental bonuses (he in fact , did), you just keep dying so fast that its hard to keep switching back and forth ". pwnt.

haha, i know the feeling, when i'm in a group half the time i have to throw Resta on my barta or zonde rods because people are too stupid to attempt to -not- get hit by every attack.

hypersaxon
Nov 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-11-11 05:34, Schubalts wrote:
I'd rather have one non-elemental weapon that works on everything, than have to carry multiple elemental weapons, that only work on certain things.

Agreed. Saves money and hassel.

Aznubbie
Nov 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
thanks guys, this made me feel better. But yea synthing 5* weapons for me right now is very very expensive ._.. My pm is only 20 levels in striking, and i dont have that many marseline, par/neu ash, or Those metals. lol. But i hope as i go along, i'll get those materials more easily. But does elementals make a really big difference later on? Or its perfectly fine to keep with non eles.

Deerlay
Nov 11, 2006, 11:55 AM
Hmm just dont try to be like everyone, play and learn at your own rythm, that's all i think.
Lol and when someone call you NeWb or some useless stuff like that, just agree lol and let him talk ...

For the elemental, i dunno but one thing is sure, a non elemental weapon, can't be uselles, you get no Bonus, but no malus so ... just my opinion.

excal
Nov 11, 2006, 12:15 PM
Once you get some money though, there's no reason not to make elementals. Just two is good enough, ice and ground/dark, cause those are the most prominent enemies.

With 2, just switch if you have a disadvantage, and switch back if you have an advantage. Problem solved.

Aaomi
Nov 11, 2006, 12:43 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:15, excal wrote:
Once you get some money though, there's no reason not to make elementals. Just two is good enough, ice and ground/dark, cause those are the most prominent enemies.

With 2, just switch if you have a disadvantage, and switch back if you have an advantage. Problem solved.

Fire is also handy if you plan on going to Neudaiz

FenixStryk
Nov 11, 2006, 12:49 PM
I personally don't mind using Neutral/Non-elemental/Unaligned/Unenchanted/you get the idea... melee weapons. Seeing as how I'm a Ranger and it's my fallback weapon, I don't want to have to fall back on, say, a Ground melee weapon in Grove of Fanatics A.

Cry0
Nov 11, 2006, 01:16 PM
It depends on the environment you play in, if they r mostly on type, i'd use an elemental weapon, otherwise, meh.

for synthing though, I'd do elemental if you hv it. I mean, it's not like it's gonna hurt you, is it? but buying elements? nah,w ouldnt do that either.

bleyzwun
Nov 11, 2006, 02:44 PM
I make all my weapons for free besides the boards. You're most likely going to have all the items to make at least one weapon if you've been saving your crafting mats. I don't think I would call you a noob tho lol. Still if you can synth it def go for it. I want to have different sets of weapons for all areas. The extra elemental damage definitely helps.

RadiantLegend
Nov 11, 2006, 02:57 PM
I only use elemental weapons. >_> they just look cool.

RavenTW
Nov 11, 2006, 03:29 PM
Having a nuetral weapon is absolutely not a bad thing. Far better to avoid the penalties than get used to to the bonuses.

I, however, do enjoy giving my weapons dark attributes, but this is mostly for aesthetics. I happen to like purple, plus the Infection status that Dark shot gives is rather handy at times.

In the end, go with what you like. If you wanna make a saber Nuetral because you like green, I'm all for it. If you want bonuses, I'm all for that too. Anyone who calls you a newb for that needs to get smacked by DF with a SUV weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-11 12:30 ]</font>

UltraDeeDer
Nov 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hip-Hip Ha-W00t for Ground Elementals.... *Drool*

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 11, 2006, 04:37 PM
I tend to carry an arsenal of elemental weapons, I also try to carry the most useful weapon to what wil be fought (IE: I make my twin dagegrs ice, because there are ltos of mobs of fire enemies) and I siwtch my pallette pending on where im going

Ether
Nov 11, 2006, 04:53 PM
Lower grade weapons with elements outdamage higher ones that are non elemental. The lowest % you could get is 10%, that means it does 10% more damage on enemies weak to that element. How much of a damage boost are you really getting with your precious 5 star weapons that cost over 10k to make? I can make several 4 star weapons for the same cost, do more damage than non elemental weapons, and have a larger overall PP pool to spam photon arts with. Whats the downside here?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 11, 2006, 04:55 PM
The only element I don't carry is Fire. Sure I suck on ice mobs but who actually goes to Neudaiz anyway and cares about anything other than the Temple? I don't.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 04:57 PM
For the most part, the only reason I use an elemental weapon is to make it look cooler.

Sue me. Style is everything.

When expert types are introduced, and I get a little more serious, then I'll start "powergaming" (because that's really what it is, when someone faults you for not having "the best").

Next time someone calls you a n00b for having a non-elemental weapon, laugh at him because his is only 13% or whatever, and he probably spent an extra 5k on it.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-11-11 13:53, Ether wrote:
Lower grade weapons with elements outdamage higher ones that are non elemental. The lowest % you could get is 10%, that means it does 10% more damage on enemies weak to that element. How much of a damage boost are you really getting with your precious 5 star weapons that cost over 10k to make? I can make several 4 star weapons for the same cost, do more damage than non elemental weapons, and have a larger overall PP pool to spam photon arts with. Whats the downside here?

Because 5* weapons tend to have more accuracy and PP than 4*? This isn't all about damage.