PDA

View Full Version : Shop owners should really stop...

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 04:41 AM
Advertising shit in there ad's that they dont really have to sell. Its a freakin waiste of space for the shop owners that actually have the items to tell. People saying Selling 5* weapons, then you go and look and its a bunch of 100 C weapons, or the shops saying "selling grinders" then you go and look and they dont have shit. Some people are such a waiste of space. False advertising.

Does anyone play the japanese version, and if so have they done anything to the shop feature? Or are they still just unlocking content for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-11 02:15 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 04:50 AM
You realize that like... They put that there when they DID have the item, and someone bought it, and they haven't been by to change the ad? Chill out.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 04:53 AM
Uh, maybe they sold out? I know I do within an hour while I'm out playing.

I sell mostly 5* weapons, PM food, synth items and surplus grinders.

The weapons sell out fast.

Now today I had your problem of a disappearing shop. I couldn't find one of my shops on any search. So I went there and bought everything in it, put it in my OTHER shop which was still showing up.

Result: Empty shop with a descrip still intact, which was showing on searches a few hours later.

I'm so TERRIBLY sorry. Why are you searching by ad, anyway?

Realmz
Nov 11, 2006, 04:55 AM
what i really hate are people putting items just for searches

oh and 3k nanocarbon

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-11-11 01:53, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Uh, maybe they sold out? I know I do within an hour while I'm out playing.

I sell mostly 5* weapons, PM food, synth items and surplus grinders.

The weapons sell out fast.

Now today I had your problem of a disappearing shop. I couldn't find one of my shops on any search. So I went there and bought everything in it, put it in my OTHER shop which was still showing up.

Result: Empty shop with a descrip still intact, which was showing on searches a few hours later.

I'm so TERRIBLY sorry. Why are you searching by ad, anyway?

If you knew how to run the market youd realize that everyone is searching by AD and not a speicific item.

there is a list of shops. 1-30

On the list, shops 1-8 and 23-30 will be visited the most, so you want to try and get a spot in that area, BUT, if you actually took the time to look, most of the shops advertising something arent selling what they say they have.

Example, search add for Mates, like you have advertised, your shop doesnt show up, so in sense, its pointless to have the word Mates in your add if no one looking for mates can find it. But if you look at a couple of the shops that are advertising mates, there shops are completely empty, or they arent even selling mates but are using the term to get a spot on the 30 list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-11 02:01 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 04:56 AM
The only thing that upsets me about Search By Ad (SOMETIMES I do search by ad because if I'm looking for a gigaline ARMOR, not BOARD, some people specify in their ad) is when someone puts in their ad "Not selling any nanocarbon", so when I search by ad for nanocarbon, their shop shows up. THAT.... is annoying.

cobfab
Nov 11, 2006, 04:57 AM
5* weapons/armors do go out fast if they are put on sale at the right price.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 04:57 AM
On 2006-11-11 01:50, ZiG wrote:
You realize that like... They put that there when they DID have the item, and someone bought it, and they haven't been by to change the ad? Chill out.

Actually wrong, because its the same shops in the same spots that have things advertised just for position on the line of 30.

I noticed earlier that I thought it was alternating shop positions, but it turns out that its just going by what people are putting in there adds, and giving favour to newer players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-11 02:02 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:02 AM
On 2006-11-11 01:57, AkiraXxx wrote:

Actually wrong, because its the same shops in the same spots that have things advertised just for position on the line of 30.

OR...

You are blowing this out of proportion, and the item is just sold out. I put shit in my shop before I go to bed, and set the ad accordingly. When I wake up, I go to work, PSU is the last thing on my mind. When I come home, I check my shop. That's 14-16 hours away from PSU, at least. If my item sold within, lets say an hour after I went to bed, that's 13-15 hours my ad had said item in it, and my shop didn't.

Again, chill out.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 05:04 AM
On 2006-11-11 01:56, AkiraXxx wrote:
If you knew how to run the market youd realize that everyone is searching by AD and not a speicific item.

I DO know how to run the market, in fact I've made as much as you do, the difference it's I've spent much of it on completing 2 PMs, and keeping myself and a friend in weapons on 4 characters.

Maybe I just don't worry about the shop searches quite as much as you do, and only check to see if I'm not showing up when stuff doesn't sell?

Oh, and I'd also rather play than give myself a headache over these things. Sometimes my shops have very little in them. LIke now for instance. It's freaking midnight gone in the US and I'm selling on the real internet markets, for real cash.

Who searches by ad? Not me. But my ad is accurate... till stuff runs out.

cobfab
Yes, just chill dude, how would you like it if someone comes into your room, see's your ad for 5* weapons and all they see are 2-3* weapons and they've been to your store a few times and tell you "hey you, change your stupid ad, you don't have 5* weapons for sale, you are a waste of space." Let people do what they want with their store dude. They might just put false ads to attract people because they don't have customers.

AkiraXxx
On 2006-11-11 02:02, ZiG wrote:

OR...

You are blowing this out of proportion, and the item is just sold out. I put shit in my shop before I go to bed, and set the ad accordingly. When I wake up, I go to work, PSU is the last thing on my mind. When I come home, I check my shop. That's 14-16 hours away from PSU, at least. If my item sold within, lets say an hour after I went to bed, that's 13-15 hours my ad had said item in it, and my shop didn't.

Again, chill out.

Or how bout you stop saying the same shit over and over? Did you read anything? People are using certain words just to get spots on the list of 30, people hardly search for the specific item due to the retarded boards that show up, so people tend to look for the ad itself saying what they are selling.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:05 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:04, cobfab wrote:
Yes, just chill dude, how would you like it if someone comes into your room, see's your ad for 5* weapons and all they see are 2-3* weapons and they've been to your store a few times and tell you "hey you, change your stupid ad, you don't have 5* weapons for sale, you are a waste of space." Let people do what they want with their store dude. They might just put false ads to attract people because they don't have customers.

Yeah thats like just what I said 2 times in a row in 2 different post. R-E-A-D

Ryogen
Nov 11, 2006, 05:07 AM
Chill out man. Maybe they brought it and didn't get time to change it our they are stocking up more. It's perfectly normal to go in a store just to find somthing that is "sold out". Stop being mad over somthing so normal man.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:07 AM

Eh...
If they put false ads just cause their shit isn't selling, then I'll be right there with the original poster bitching. Because THAT is retarded. When I see that someone has something I want, and I go to the shop in hopes of buying it, and realize I've been had, I tend to get a little upset and leave the shop. This does not make me want to buy something else from them, so that type of marketing won't work.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:08 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:07, Ryogen wrote:
Chill out man. Maybe they brought it and didn't get time to change it our they are stocking up more. It's perfectly normal to go in a store just to find somthing that is "sold out". Stop being mad over somthing so normal man.

Another 5* reader here.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 05:09 AM
You know what, MOST PEOPLE DON'T SEARCH BY AD.

Why? Because the ad is 9 times out of 10, FUCKING inaccurate.

Do you REALLY know your market? How do you KNOW what your customers search for anyway?

Edit: By the way, if you are search for 5* in ad, you're not a common customer. IMO, you're a reseller. You buy low priced items and sell them higher. I've done that myself, but it was mostly when I was out hunting something else and found the item by chance. You're a bit obsessed with making profit on this game, and that's coming from somebody who spends 1/3rd their game time in their shop.

Also, my costly PMs are the reason I don't NEED to be a reseller. I can synth at high %. I don't search by ad. EVER.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-11 02:12 ]</font>

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:09 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:04, AkiraXxx wrote:

On 2006-11-11 02:02, ZiG wrote:

OR...

Again, chill out.

Or how bout you stop saying the same shit over and over? Did you read anything? People are using certain words just to get spots on the list of 30, people hardly search for the specific item due to the retarded boards that show up, so people tend to look for the ad itself saying what they are selling.

Maybe I'm saying the same thing over and over because you refuse to let it sink in?

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:11 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:07, ZiG wrote:

Eh...
If they put false ads just cause their shit isn't selling, then I'll be right there with the original poster bitching. Because THAT is retarded. When I see that someone has something I want, and I go to the shop in hopes of buying it, and realize I've been had, I tend to get a little upset and leave the shop. This does not make me want to buy something else from them, so that type of marketing won't work.

Thats what im talking about. People know what others are looking for, so they will put certain words in thier add just to get people to come to there shop. Example, if you were a major weapons seller, or major armor seller, if your shop isnt up there now then it most likely never will be because to many people are using that term in thier shops.

A good example of this was a 5* weapon shop I visited, I dont remember the name, but I remember the Add having just a bunch of lines in it, the guy had to use the term 5*, due to the fact he cant even use the word weapon to advertise his shop because it wouldnt have any result.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:13 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:09, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Why? Because the ad is 9 times out of 10, FUCKING inaccurate.

Do you REALLY know your market? How do you KNOW what your customers search for anyway?

In fact I do, because I ask people that come into my shop how did they find it when my shop isnt on the list http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, so stfu now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

You saying the ads are inaccurate? Oh and searching for the exact item is so much better right? Or did you forget searching for the word gigaline/halbert/dual/saber etc will give you 25 shops selling boards and not the actual item.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 05:15 AM
Yeah, that's why I search for "[B] whatever", write down the first three letters of every name selling it, then look for "whatever" and eliminate.

It's a shame for those selling both the board AND the item, but it serves em right for 9 times out of ten selling useless boards.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 11, 2006, 05:17 AM
Actually nowadays I'm more likely to look for boards because I have a pure PM. And I profit on what I MAKE, not find in other stores and resell.

Newsflash: There are markets other than yours!

I went to your store today looking for +9 grinders actually. And I searched for "Grinder B+9." :O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-11 02:19 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:19 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:15, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Yeah, that's why I search for "[B] whatever", write down the first three letters of every name selling it, then look for "whatever" and eliminate.

It's a shame for those selling both the board AND the item, but it serves em right for 9 times out of ten selling useless boards.

Thats the thing, you shouldnt have to bust out a pen and pad, or pc note pad in order to find the shop your looking for due to the fact people are bumping words to get there shops on the top 30 list.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 05:21 AM
Hey, while we're on the subject, can we stop putting items in our shop for 41241342 Meseta, or some equally retarded amount? Getting excited to see someone finally selling an item I'm looking for, then seeingit cost 999999999 is fucking annoying.

Bleemo
Nov 11, 2006, 05:22 AM
Searching by ad? Lol.

The real problem, folks, doesn't lie with the people who aren't quick to take down their advertisements, but the idiots who often sell items for outrageous prices, making shifting through prices hell.

I don't care if you only have 1 Nanocarbon and don't want to sell it. If you don't want to sell it, THEN DON'T LIST THE F***ING THING FOR 99999999 MESETA FOR GOD'S SAKE. Or even above vendor price.

Those who think it's cute to list items way above price really need to check themselves. It's hell when you need to shift through item prices for either purchasing or checking competition, and half of the shop owners are selling the item in question for outrageous prices.

Please. I beg of you all, hopefully decent individuals who read this post. Don't do that. It makes babies cry.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 05:23 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:17, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Actually nowadays I'm more likely to look for boards because I have a pure PM. And I profit on what I MAKE, not find in other stores and resell.

Newsflash: There are markets other than yours!

I went to your store today looking for +9 grinders actually. And I searched for "Grinder B+9." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-11 02:19 ]</font>

Yeah I know I can find my shop using that specific term, but you have to realize that probably more then 70% of the PSU community doesnt even know how to make a grinder, same thing goes for people not knowing how to make items, it also goes to say for people who dont even know how to spell the item they are looking for.

I realize my shop shows up under specific terms, but things like today when I went to buy some 5* weapons for my guild members, it took forever just to find a 5* because people are just advertising it to advertise it.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:29 AM
Funny, No one I talk to in game searches by ad. They search by item or goto rooms on the partner card list. And if it's my shop you're complaining about having 5 star weapons in the add maybe you should just wait for me to synth a new set of stock. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Nov 11, 2006, 07:49 AM
On 2006-11-11 02:09, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I know I sure don't.(currently looking for cheap megaline hehehe possibly less than 12,000, but no one's made one yet).

I have 4 regular shops I visit and what I do is I keep up with them by continuing to go to my "recently visited shops" option. If they don't have what I want, I do a specific search on an item.

hypersaxon
Nov 11, 2006, 11:34 AM
Who the hell searches by Ad? Searching by item is much easier and more efficient to me. I did a search for a rare Yohmei Twin Saber and found what I was looking for in less than a minute.

McLaughlin
Nov 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-11-11 01:41, AkiraXxx wrote:
Advertising shit in there ad's that they dont really have to sell. Its a freakin waiste of space for the shop owners that actually have the items to tell. People saying Selling 5* weapons, then you go and look and its a bunch of 100 C weapons, or the shops saying "selling grinders" then you go and look and they dont have shit. Some people are such a waiste of space. False advertising.

Does anyone play the japanese version, and if so have they done anything to the shop feature? Or are they still just unlocking content for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-11 02:15 ]</font>

Not everyone checks their shop every 30 seconds to see if they made money. Search By ITem, and then look through the ads of the shops that show up.

Fuss
Nov 11, 2006, 12:48 PM
On 2006-11-11 02:23, AkiraXxx wrote:

Yeah I know I can find my shop using that specific term, but you have to realize that probably more then 70% of the PSU community doesnt even know how to make a grinder, same thing goes for people not knowing how to make items, it also goes to say for people who dont even know how to spell the item they are looking for.

83% of facts are made up.

But, facts aside... I have not yet met a player who didn't know how to make a grinder or items after the first few days of playing. Most players I have met can actually spell relatively well, even if they do use abbreviations when typing online. You're the first person I can recall caring about ADs. And that's all the truth.

There's plenty of things in this world to be angry about. I have no idea why you chose this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-11 09:54 ]</font>

Aaomi
Nov 11, 2006, 12:51 PM
All that I would like is for store owners who say ##% off NPC Vendor Price... to have acturally checked the Vendor Price.

Apathy
Nov 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
On 2006-11-11 08:39, Zeta wrote:

Not everyone checks their shop every 30 seconds to see if they made money. Search By ITem, and then look through the ads of the shops that show up.

Agreed .. I own a shop, but just recently i decided to make a new main and level it like crazy ... I have a friend in the 40s you see .. I want to get there fast ... So i dont have as much time for my shop as I used to. Ill keep updating/restocking it, but my priorities have shifted. I kinda want to play the game seriously now ::laugh::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apathy on 2006-11-11 09:56 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 12:57 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:48, Fuss wrote:

On 2006-11-11 02:23, AkiraXxx wrote:

83% of facts are made up.

But, facts aside... I have not yet met a player who didn't know how to make a grinder or items after the first few days of playing. Most players I have met can actually spell relatively well, even if they do use abbreviations when typing online. You're the first person I can recall caring about ADs. And that's all the truth.

There's plenty of things in this world to be angry about. I have no idea why you chose this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-11 09:54 ]</font>

83%? Did you just pull that out of your loose ass? Im not the only person caring about the ads, if you took the time to read the thread youd see other people are sick of the false advertising as well.

You havent met a player that doesnt know how to make a grinder? Lol bullshit, we can go to universe 1 at the field base and we can find 50 people in 5 minutes that dont know how.

I had a level 50 guy come up to me today and ask were do I get the boards from, so dont give me that shit lol.

Parn
Nov 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:57, AkiraXxx wrote:
83%? Did you just pull that out of your loose ass?
He was making fun of you, actually.

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-11-11 10:12, Parn wrote:

On 2006-11-11 09:57, AkiraXxx wrote:
83%? Did you just pull that out of your loose ass?
He was making fun of you, actually.

Oh that musta been the reason for the large amount of fail in his post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AkiraXxx on 2006-11-11 10:20 ]</font>

Fuss
Nov 11, 2006, 01:21 PM
The guy who said 70% of psu players can't make grinders, items, or spell wrote:

83%? Did you pull that out your loose ass?

Hilarious

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fuss on 2006-11-11 10:34 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 11, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-11-11 09:51, Aaomi wrote:
All that I would like is for store owners who say ##% off NPC Vendor Price... to have acturally checked the Vendor Price.

Yeah I dont even bother looking for the term 50% anymore. Either the shops are empty or the first 4 items are close to double what they cost at the npc.

Weak
Nov 11, 2006, 01:35 PM
Self-Proclaimed Grinder King,

Why are you so angry all the time?

bleyzwun
Nov 11, 2006, 02:26 PM
Listen I'll be honest with you... I'm just too lazy to change what's in my ad. The fact is tho I usually have the same type of stuff in my shop. If I don't I will soon. It would be annoying to change my ad everytime things sell. Anyway I dont use that cheating method to get into the top 30 or whatever. My ad is just a runddown of what I should have in the shop. What annoys me about shops is how everyone overprices. Either they dont check the NPC prices or hope for noobs to buy their stuff.

Aberu
Nov 11, 2006, 03:18 PM
Part of the reason they are doing this now is also because of the shop search query glitch. It's badly programmed. Basically the people at the top of the list when you search for an item or ad are the most recently created shops. If 30 people have made a shop after you, and someone searches adn 31 people have it, and you created your shop before all of them, it doesn't show you on the list. So yeah, sucks to be the guy who was doing well with his shop and now gets 1000 meseta per day (aka me) because I got a shop before these other slackers.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 11, 2006, 03:25 PM
My main bane is overpricing, DOES IT HURT TO CHECK THE NPC PRICE?!

Anger aside, false ads isn't something too major imo. I know when I place something for sale like Vullseye 13000 in my ad, I only have 3 and they sell out pretty fast at that sale price. If I happen to be partying with my friends that ad update won't occur till way later in the day, I have no idea how long that ad will be false cause I don't spend 24/7 in my shop.

Strander
Nov 11, 2006, 03:32 PM
well you know dude it sucks but shops have to make an earning somehow

UltraDeeDer
Nov 11, 2006, 03:56 PM
D00ds! Chill 0ut!

(Was the terms 'dude' and 'chill out' word of the day or somethin? What year is it? And why do I smell pointless ranting?)

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 03:59 PM
You can make plenty of profit without overcharging.

ZiG
Nov 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-11-11 12:56, UltraDeeDer wrote:
D00ds! Chill 0ut!

(Was the terms 'dude' and 'chill out' word of the day or somethin? What year is it? And why do I smell pointless ranting?)

Retro is cruise control for cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZiG on 2006-11-11 13:17 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 04:21 PM
Just to avoid these rants, whats a good price for Neu Ebon?

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 11, 2006, 05:29 PM

You can't complain until you have played Ragnarok Online with over a 1000 people on.

http://www.adultimum.net/rw/screenies/closedbeta1/cb89.JPG

There are times in town when your ENTIRE SCREEN is covered in player shops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-11 14:30 ]</font>

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 05:38 PM
lol @ the RO pic... I usually put a generic description in my ad since things change based on what I pick up. I'll always have a good supply of synth materials in though so most tend to buy those. I always search for item..not sure if most people do, but I do personally.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 05:39 PM
And then the GM's do a town attack event and all those shops become corpses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BigBadWolf
Nov 24, 2006, 09:18 AM
Okay, after reading the thread I decided to take down my Relic Edge, Copernia, and Olpads. I'm not trying to hurt anybody, I've been told many times that my shop prices are good (because I check other shops and ads before pricing) but nobody is gonna notice if my name doesn't pop up. ;_;
My name doesn't pop up for all the stuff that I DO sell, and it only pops up for the stuff that I have but can't part with or my name will disappear of the list. The main reason why I'm taking it down is because the people that do show up for those high quality items won't even talk to me or barter or do any shop stuff while am there. It's just a big waste of time for everyone because people are coming into the shop, and they ignore me and my wares and it makes my life difficult too.

I blame sega for this because they are people out there that are willing to buy my stuff for my cheap prices, and there are people out there willing to sell you items that you're actually looking for. Unfortunately nobody really seems to be getting anything that they are looking for which is just ridiculous imo. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2006-11-24 06:21 ]</font>