PDA

View Full Version : I notice...

EJ
Nov 11, 2006, 05:57 AM
I played with ranger but none of them are trying out the traps in the game.

I was wondering why is that? Is it because lack of money or you just prefer using your rifles instead of trying the new traps in PSU? I'm just curious in what everyone has to say.

Nani-chan
Nov 11, 2006, 06:07 AM
For me it is meseta. My bigger priority is grinding my 15k weapons, so I'm trying to save up.

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 07:05 AM
I've used them, and they're fun, but the cost is prohibitive.

Booster
Nov 11, 2006, 01:48 PM
1) Cost. 500 Meseta for a decent trap.
2) 10 Traps of each type.
3) Effect/duration does not warrant cost. (See 1.)
4) Must keep weapon disarmed and trap armed to utilize, thus, you are weaponless when you trap.

I've tried traps. While the thought is cool, at the moment their con's outweigh the pro's in actually using them in combat.

.//booster

Randomness
Nov 11, 2006, 01:49 PM
The 100 meseta ones work fine. The delay isnt that long, as long as a hunter does smack them away, it'll usually hit.

Zakuro
Nov 11, 2006, 01:52 PM
Traps aren't worth the cost for me right now. I'd rather save up for good equipment that I'll be constantly using than spending it on traps which may or may not help much.

benihime
Nov 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
I find it somewhat worthwhile to use Burn traps on High HP/Defense monsters like in Relics or Neudaiz that are normally impossible to inflict status effects on. However, the item carry limit and overall cost makes it hard to consider buying them often.

Carbinne
Nov 11, 2006, 02:56 PM
Cost, yeah. In the GC PSO I learned that traps were freaking awesome since they came part as HUcaseal's kit and did their job well,but only learned of this once I got up to Very Hard/Ultimate. In harder difficulties they became more of a "use them or get mobbed" thing rather than cute little toys. Depending on how well they work in this game it may be the same thing in PSU. Of course, when/if monsters start dropping hundreds of meseta everywhere and nanocarbons drop like candy, using traps might start becoming something that people would think about fooling with.

BloodDragoon
Nov 11, 2006, 03:17 PM
Monsters do drop hundreds of meseta everywhere if you play on something other than C rank. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif A rank rappies in LL drop over 1K each though GL finding them lol. And yeah they took a littlewhile to kill...

Dukelion
Nov 11, 2006, 05:02 PM
I rather be using a weapon that causes the effect the trap would do anyway. Like freeze for example. If I take out my 5 star dual pistols and start shooting freeze bullets half of everything I shoot will at least freeze. Granted I am a ranger and my freeze bullets on my rifle and Dbl Pistols are at level 20...but I do not see a point in using a trap at all...and the price isn't a big help either.

EC_Subbie
Nov 11, 2006, 05:14 PM
Wait.... I can use traps? That's news to me... I figured they were for expert jobs only (protranser/fortegunner)

Dukelion
Nov 11, 2006, 05:25 PM
Exactly. I havn't seen a single person use traps...ever. To much fun using weapons anyway.